Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:55:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO][VAR] 🐬 Blue Frontiers (VARYON) - Sustainable floating islands 🐬  (Read 26068 times)
Hilderman

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:47:43 PM

Interesting idea,something new in the crypto world.What will be the location of the first floating island?

French Polyensia has been chosen as the first location,but i think we can expect these things all around the world once its proven as success there.

How come French Polynesia?Somehow i thought it would be somewhere in the mediterranean sea.
Katsouranis

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:58:50 PM

Interesting idea,something new in the crypto world.What will be the location of the first floating island?

French Polyensia has been chosen as the first location,but i think we can expect these things all around the world once its proven as success there.

Ah ok,thank you for  an answer.I had to google to see where that is,exotic location,and it looks beautiful Smiley

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 02:10:18 PM

Do you have any working theories or ideas already on the subject of moving a floating seasted.What would be used to move it over the sea in case on need for a relocation?

The initial seasteads will not focus on moving too much. There have been some designs where each unit is small enough to be loaded onto a tanker and moved (for long distances) or for short distances wait for a calm day and use a tug type of boat to pull it.

only rich people can afford this seasteads. now, blockchain is making a big impact and even ordinary users can partially own it. but i think in the long run, small time investors can have only those tokens but not really owning a seastead. they are just mere holders of tokens. but why not, just the idea of having such kind of ownership might do you good, mentally.  Grin

There will be a wide range of people on the seastead, some renting, some there for vacation, some owning. At the very least you can use your varyon to go on a vacation to visit the seastead and meet the interesting people that will be living there.

Im sure there will be people who will see buying seasted as an investment,and they will rent the place,so you wont have to be extremely rich to experience something like this.

Is there any blockchain project that is into lending and renting properties? Might be a potential partner if we get to the point where people that own a property on the seasted want to rent it Cheesy

There are several. https://rentberry.com/ is one.

Blue Frontiers wants to partner with as many blockchain companies as possible to make the seastead as blockchain friendly as they can. Using things like Rentberry for rentals, others for crypto voting, property registration, citizenship, etc...

They're not a blockchain company so they will definitely be looking for partners to utilize their unique environment for testing their new projects and getting the word out about the results.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Londondungeon

Activity: 192
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:34:11 PM

Do you have any competition at the moment?

I know that this is unique idea,but since blockchain technology is getting into everything,i thought that maybe someone else is trying to do  similar thing.

Nah, there is no competition for VAR and Blue Frontiers and if there was I'd welcome it, it would be good for more projects to try to create their own eco-sytem, that would be moving in right direction for all of us after all.
EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:38:02 PM

Do you have any competition at the moment?

I know that this is unique idea,but since blockchain technology is getting into everything,i thought that maybe someone else is trying to do  similar thing.

Nah, there is no competition for VAR and Blue Frontiers and if there was I'd welcome it, it would be good for more projects to try to create their own eco-sytem, that would be moving in right direction for all of us after all.

Even though I adore this project and wish it all the best I must say I agree with you that if there was competition it would actually mean only good things for people in general.I would not look at it as a competition at all, but an awesome opportunity to for cooperations and better development of different ways of governance then this world is used to Cheesy

And after all of this I said Blue Frontiers has already shown that it is all about cooperation and making good partnerships to ensure that on seasted we have only best possible solutions!! Cheesy
DtpNumbered

Activity: 117
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:41:51 PM

Do you have any working theories or ideas already on the subject of moving a floating seasted.What would be used to move it over the sea in case on need for a relocation?

The initial seasteads will not focus on moving too much. There have been some designs where each unit is small enough to be loaded onto a tanker and moved (for long distances) or for short distances wait for a calm day and use a tug type of boat to pull it.

only rich people can afford this seasteads. now, blockchain is making a big impact and even ordinary users can partially own it. but i think in the long run, small time investors can have only those tokens but not really owning a seastead. they are just mere holders of tokens. but why not, just the idea of having such kind of ownership might do you good, mentally.  Grin

There will be a wide range of people on the seastead, some renting, some there for vacation, some owning. At the very least you can use your varyon to go on a vacation to visit the seastead and meet the interesting people that will be living there.

Im sure there will be people who will see buying seasted as an investment,and they will rent the place,so you wont have to be extremely rich to experience something like this.

Is there any blockchain project that is into lending and renting properties? Might be a potential partner if we get to the point where people that own a property on the seasted want to rent it Cheesy

There are several. https://rentberry.com/ is one.

Blue Frontiers wants to partner with as many blockchain companies as possible to make the seastead as blockchain friendly as they can. Using things like Rentberry for rentals, others for crypto voting, property registration, citizenship, etc...

They're not a blockchain company so they will definitely be looking for partners to utilize their unique environment for testing their new projects and getting the word out about the results.

Cool , great to see that you already have candidates for partnerships for almost any area we come up with! Thanks for showing https://rentberry.com/ to us, I checked it out and they look like an awesome material for partnership and I will use them for personal needs for sure from now on Cheesy
HiLander

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:03:46 PM

How come French Polynesia?Somehow i thought it would be somewhere in the mediterranean sea.

That place is beautiful and offers perfect conditions for a seasted.Mediterranean sea would also be cool, there are some nice spots there, but you could just buy an island in Adriatic sea instead then lol
Mladiornitolog

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:28:56 PM

Is there any info how much have me collected until now?How is the sale going?
bagas79

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:35:19 AM

Interesting ideas that will require great initial capital and certainly. You definitely have a lot of experts on the team and competent people in their field,
I hope you succeed!
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 05:18:35 AM

There is a ticker on the website, varyon.io

Currently at 1381 ETH (varies based on the price of our bitcoin holdings).

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Memmoria

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:02:44 AM

Seems like a good number.What is the soft cap?
FrankDTank

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:44:41 AM

You accept only BTC and ETH during ICO?
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 08:12:43 AM

Seems like a good number.What is the soft cap?

Soft cap is 4000 ETH.

This week we will start opening up for accredited US investors so that should bump things up fairly quickly.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 08:13:56 AM

During the presale we accept BTC, ETH and ZEN. During the actual sale we will be using the smart contract for purchase which will only allow for sending ETH.

Katsouranis

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:49:39 PM

Any plans for those kind of floating islands in Greece?I think it would be a  good place for something like that.
WillerTex

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:04:16 PM

During the presale we accept BTC, ETH and ZEN. During the actual sale we will be using the smart contract for purchase which will only allow for sending ETH.

How come you accept ZEN?Not an usual choice for accepted  crypto currencies during ICO.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 03:56:50 PM

How come you accept ZEN?Not an usual choice for accepted  crypto currencies during ICO.

Blue Frontiers has partnered with ZenCash. A major focus of their cryptocurrency is blockchain based governance solutions and privacy. I am not a ZenCash expert so I can't comment much on the technology but hopefully their team can provide some governance solutions for the seastead. We definitely want to partner with many blockchain players to provide blockchain based solutions to things that governments currently do centrally. Blue Frontiers is not a blockchain business so they will be looking to others to solve these problems for the seastead. 

Here's one of our founders, Randy Hencken with Robert Viglione discussing Blue Frontiers and ZenCash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52InKG3PmAw

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 04:11:19 PM

Any plans for those kind of floating islands in Greece?I think it would be a  good place for something like that.

Seasteads would be great in such an island nation such as Greece.

We are having a contest right now paying $100k to find the next seastead location.

https://www.blue-frontiers.global/

icohunter1024

Activity: 280
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:46:15 PM

The ICO's problem is that if the company succeeds in bringing a real floating island off the coast of French Polynesia, there is really no way to be sure this will happen, and because the price The long-term value of the Varyon token is entirely dependent on this, so it's clear that this is a very risky venture.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 05:53:34 PM

The ICO's problem is that if the company succeeds in bringing a real floating island off the coast of French Polynesia, there is really no way to be sure this will happen, and because the price The long-term value of the Varyon token is entirely dependent on this, so it's clear that this is a very risky venture.

Correct. Like every other ICO there is the risk that the company won't follow through.

Blue Frontiers is holding a majority of varyon in reserves. They have the largest stake in making this happen so they are incentivized to make it happen.

Most ICOs try to get all of the money up front with the promise that they'll get around to building what they promised (as they drive around in their lambos). The small upfront raise of varyon ensures that Blue Frontiers will do everything it can to ensure that the value of the varyon holds in the long term.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: