Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:14:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO][VAR] 🐬 Blue Frontiers (VARYON) - Sustainable floating islands 🐬  (Read 26068 times)
Ecnerromert

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:11:58 AM

Looks very good
 Good luck dev's.
Memmoria

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:47:47 AM

Very nice project with great vision, wish you all the best. I see you have an enormous number of people in the team, where are you based?

The five founders are all over the world. The US, UK, Russia and French Polynesia. Most of the employees are in the US and there are volunteers and advisors all over the world as well.

I don't work for Blue Frontiers but I support the project so much that I retired and moved to Tahiti to offer any support I could give and to have a front seat of history being made.  Grin

What is the minimum amount needed to join this sale?

Current minimum for the pre-sale is the equivalent of 40 ETH in ethers or BTC. Or 100 ZEN. During the public sale the minimum will likely be 1 ETH.

Seems like you have a huge team.Where exactly is your headquarters and how many people are there?

Blue Frontiers is currently incorporated in Singapore but that could change. Much of the work is being done in the US, mainly the Silicon Valley area.

a very unique project, making a place to live floating on the sea, but I think only the rich people who can live here because it is pegged a cost that does not seem cheap.

Last numbers I saw were about $200k per person on average to have a home on the seastead. Of course that's the average so some places may be single person bungalows that cost a lot or apartment units that cost less. The hope is to develop mass production techniques that can put out cheaper and cheaper units giving the average person the opportunity to have an oceanfront home much cheaper than on the land.

When exactly your Pre ICO and ICO start and finish?I couldnt find that information anywhere.

The Pre ICO started about a week or two ago. The full ICO will likely be in early June as they work on running security checks on the smart contract with many eyes including a third party team who is well known for securing ICOs (I'm not sure of the name right now).

40 ETH for presale?I guess ill have to wait for main sale,1 ETH i can afford Wink

The presale minimums have been updated. You can now get in on the presale with 1 ETH with 5% bonus.

With ETH being under $600,i think its very reasonable amount,and affordable for most people.Especially since ETH will go up for sure,so those that join will get VARYON tokens for even less!

Yes,now its time to invest with ETH being so low,coming close to $500
Tyrant76

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:14:46 AM

Very nice project with great vision, wish you all the best. I see you have an enormous number of people in the team, where are you based?

The five founders are all over the world. The US, UK, Russia and French Polynesia. Most of the employees are in the US and there are volunteers and advisors all over the world as well.

I don't work for Blue Frontiers but I support the project so much that I retired and moved to Tahiti to offer any support I could give and to have a front seat of history being made.  Grin

Current minimum for the pre-sale is the equivalent of 40 ETH in ethers or BTC. Or 100 ZEN. During the public sale the minimum will likely be 1 ETH.

Seems like you have a huge team.Where exactly is your headquarters and how many people are there?

Blue Frontiers is currently incorporated in Singapore but that could change. Much of the work is being done in the US, mainly the Silicon Valley area.

a very unique project, making a place to live floating on the sea, but I think only the rich people who can live here because it is pegged a cost that does not seem cheap.

Last numbers I saw were about $200k per person on average to have a home on the seastead. Of course that's the average so some places may be single person bungalows that cost a lot or apartment units that cost less. The hope is to develop mass production techniques that can put out cheaper and cheaper units giving the average person the opportunity to have an oceanfront home much cheaper than on the land.

When exactly your Pre ICO and ICO start and finish?I couldnt find that information anywhere.

The Pre ICO started about a week or two ago. The full ICO will likely be in early June as they work on running security checks on the smart contract with many eyes including a third party team who is well known for securing ICOs (I'm not sure of the name right now).

40 ETH for presale?I guess ill have to wait for main sale,1 ETH i can afford Wink

The presale minimums have been updated. You can now get in on the presale with 1 ETH with 5% bonus.

So 5% will be the highest possible bonus during public  sale?
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 09:00:26 AM

Bonus is only during presale.

Highest bonus is 15% with 40 ETH.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Dr. Van Nostrand

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:30:05 PM

So to get 15%,one has to invest atleast 40 ETH?And also,do you have max amount that is possible to invest,per investor?
DtpNumbered

Activity: 117
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:41:00 PM

What will be the benefits for Varyon,from this partnership with zencash?

ZenCash is very much focused on decentralized governance so they should be able to build some of the governance tools for the seasteads. I know they are working on a private voting system. As I have mentioned before, Blue Frontiers is not a blockchain company...it is a seastead building company. So they will be looking to partner with others to take care of many of the blockchain based solutions to governance. ZEN has a setup where they pay developers like how Bitcoin pays miners. So if some of the developers are getting paid for projects that can be used on the seastead then that is beneficial to all seasteaders. Of course there will need to be built a simple interaction between varyon and ZEN so that people with ZEN can use their tools.

Yeah this makes sense.I see some people get confused about difference between Blue Frontiers and Varyon and interaction between them and how partnerships affect them.Can you explain how Blue Frontiers and Varyon interact and partnerships that affect them?

Varyon will be the only currency that Blue Frontiers accepts. So even if ZenCash is being used for some blockchain solution, if it interacts with Blue Frontiers it will need to convert to varyon at some point.

Blue Frontiers will want to keep the value of varyon up because it holds a lot of varyon in reserves and will use it for future construction all over the world.

It makes sense to keep Varyon as only option of payment to keep it strong to ensure protection of future development. So ZenCash is actually more important for the seastead and different aspects that will need to be developed on it, like governance as you mentioned and possible some other areas, then to Varyon which is basicly not connected in any way to ZenCash?

Pretty much. We are encouraging many blockchain companies to come and use the seastead as an incubator site.

I know some people might not participate but I think the types of people who move onto a seastead will likely be ok with trying new blockchain products even if it's not "point and click" or super simple. It will be an adventure in experimentation in all manner of ways.

Whats the situation with taxes there,at French Polynesia,and crypto laws in general,is it crypto friendly?

Well,since name is French Polynesia,i guess French laws apply there too.

I think Malta would be good location for Varyon,if they ever decide to install one of those floating islands in Europe,as Malta is really opened to blockchain based projects.

Malta would be good I agree as there is a good climate for investing and keeping your money almost intact.Though the point of Varyon is to be at the center of the crypto hub which will be the seastead.
HiLander

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:52:36 PM

Where can I study the technical part of the project? Technical and economic characteristics and environmental impact are introduces, as well as the utilization of household waste and waste products/ how will the sewerage be organized on floating platforms?

Economical Analysis and Environmental Impact Report (among other things) can be found here:
https://www.blue-frontiers.com/en/docs

The whitepaper can be read here:
https://www.blue-frontiers.com/whitepaper.pdf

As for waste, there are experts involved in the project that are far more understanding of it than I could even attempt to explain (I didn't know there were people that were so passionate about poop).

It's almost as if different people are competing over the different ways to turn waste into fuel. Who will win out? Food systems using it for fertilizer? Energy systems using it for methane, biodigester(?).

It is still in the works but we are looking to recycle as much as possible. The hope is that people will start using local traditions of using palm branches for bags and such. We're not going in blind, the locals have been living on these islands for centuries so they can show us a thing or two about not impacting the environment.

Interesting idea came to my mind after reading about palm tree usage and following and respecting the local traditions.It should really be incorporated into the project and way of life on seastead.Fun way to do it would be to blend it with crypto and make fun projects related to local ways of living to promote both that and Varyon.Like buying a bag made of palm tree with Varyon and part of earnings from that go for developing or supporting some local project.
EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:02:30 PM

So to get 15%,one has to invest atleast 40 ETH?And also,do you have max amount that is possible to invest,per investor?

Yeah to get 15% bonus you need to invest 40 ETH. Regarding the max amount I think it would be best to contact the team directly if you plan to invest larger sum and see what can be done.

Elwar will fill the gaps when he is online I'm sure.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 02:22:18 AM

Is this for real? Holy hell, this is one of the most (if not THE most) ambitious projects I have ever seen. I have so many questions for you – is this thread the best place to ask them, though?

This thread or the telegram channel.

https://t.me/bluefrontierscommunity

But I should be able to respond to most of your questions here.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 02:37:46 AM

Bonuses

5%  1-10 ETH
10%  10-40 ETH
15%  40+ ETH

There is a max amount...about 20k ETH in case you were contemplating such an investment.

Announcements coming out this week: some clarification on several of the things that will be done with varyon to ensure the token maintains (or gains) in value. We should be all set with accepting US accredited investors. And I believe they will be able to announce the new country we incorporated in.

Also the lock-in times for the founders.

Ciucas

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 04:29:18 AM

I've just found out about this project, and what the team wants to achieve is really amazing. If i would have enough money in the future, i would love to live on a floating island. So I really hope this project will become reality.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 04:07:27 AM

The presale is now open to accredited US investors.

In the United States, to be considered an accredited investor, one must have a net worth of at least $1,000,000, excluding the value of one's primary residence, or have income at least $200,000 each year for the last two years (or $300,000 combined income if married) and have the expectation to make the same amount this year.

standout321

Activity: 408

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 02:12:39 PM

Vindizzle

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:03:49 PM

The presale is now open to accredited US investors.

In the United States, to be considered an accredited investor, one must have a net worth of at least $1,000,000, excluding the value of one's primary residence, or have income at least $200,000 each year for the last two years (or $300,000 combined income if married) and have the expectation to make the same amount this year.

Good news for the project, it will certainly help to get much needed funding.Did dome checking in last few days when it comes to how much was invested and since the presale was opened for accredited investors there was a jump of around 100ETH that was invested!
warunaferang

Activity: 245

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:17:17 PM

Varyon allows holders to exchange goods and services in the Blue Frontiers ecosystem, other ecosystems, and between themselves. Blue Frontiers will exclusively provide goods and services in exchange for Varyon where it is legally able to do so, including but not limited to purchase or rental of dwellings on seasteads, timeshares on seasteads, seasteads for outright purchase, services for people and businesses located on seasteads, such as business registration, administrative services, utility services, transportation, shipping, service industry activities.
EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:13:00 PM

There is a new video on youtube available with Mark Anielski, author of The Economics of Happiness and An Economy of Well-being: Common Sense Tools for Building Genuine Wealth and Happiness , speaking about lots of interesting topics like - Backing natural assets on the blockchain, Designing bio-inspired systems, The monetisation of natural resources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69BLNB2Q_IQ

Is Mark investor also or just a person that likes the idea behind Varyon?
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 12:52:17 AM

We hit 2000 followers on Telegram.

https://t.me/bluefrontierscommunity

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 02:36:51 AM

There is a new video on youtube available with Mark Anielski, author of The Economics of Happiness and An Economy of Well-being: Common Sense Tools for Building Genuine Wealth and Happiness , speaking about lots of interesting topics like - Backing natural assets on the blockchain, Designing bio-inspired systems, The monetisation of natural resources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69BLNB2Q_IQ

Is Mark investor also or just a person that likes the idea behind Varyon?

I'm not sure if Mark has invested. Sounds like he is someone who likes the idea behind Varyon Smiley

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 03:51:19 PM

Blue Frontiers Partners with Kleros to Provide Blockchain Justice on Floating Seastead Communities

The companies will work towards integrating decentralised arbitration into the governance of Seastead communities to resolve disputes relating to virtually any product or service.

Kleros is a decision-making protocol which uses blockchain and crowdsourcing for adjudicating claims. The platform connects users who need to solve disputes with jurors who have the skills to fairly settle them. The system relies on incentives backed by the game theoretical concept of Schelling point in order to motivate anonymous jurors to rule cases correctly. Kleros means “chance” in Greek. The system is based in some principles for random jury selection which were known by the Athenians twenty five centuries ago. The result is a peer-to-peer justice system able to solve the disputes of the Internet age in a fast, transparent and inexpensive way.

More here:
https://medium.com/@bluefrontiers/blue-frontiers-partners-with-kleros-to-provide-blockchain-justice-on-floating-seastead-communities-57344284d73c

I think this is awesome. Dispute resolution on the blockchain will be a great addition to seasteading, hopefully eliminating that portion of governance that costs a lot of money for governments currently.

qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 06:04:48 AM

Blue Frontiers Partners with Kleros to Provide Blockchain Justice on Floating Seastead Communities

The companies will work towards integrating decentralised arbitration into the governance of Seastead communities to resolve disputes relating to virtually any product or service.

Kleros is a decision-making protocol which uses blockchain and crowdsourcing for adjudicating claims. The platform connects users who need to solve disputes with jurors who have the skills to fairly settle them. The system relies on incentives backed by the game theoretical concept of Schelling point in order to motivate anonymous jurors to rule cases correctly. Kleros means “chance” in Greek. The system is based in some principles for random jury selection which were known by the Athenians twenty five centuries ago. The result is a peer-to-peer justice system able to solve the disputes of the Internet age in a fast, transparent and inexpensive way.

More here:
https://medium.com/@bluefrontiers/blue-frontiers-partners-with-kleros-to-provide-blockchain-justice-on-floating-seastead-communities-57344284d73c

I think this is awesome. Dispute resolution on the blockchain will be a great addition to seasteading, hopefully eliminating that portion of governance that costs a lot of money for governments currently.

I really like that this project is implementing great strategic partnerships early on in it's inception. Although it has taken time for people to see the true value of Blue Frontiers, I think that not only seasteading enthusiasts will invest, but people who want to see crypto currency investments take off in a big way but in the real world where this project will be primarily working in. Blockchain will steer the seasteading communities in the right direction with clear, fair and concise governance in the future where everyone has more say and power into shaping their future. We should all rally behind this project.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: