Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:46:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO][VAR] 🐬 Blue Frontiers (VARYON) - Sustainable floating islands 🐬  (Read 26068 times)
Jorandck

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:36:46 PM

Varyon will make the Blue Frontiers ecosystem with better and cheaper floating technology, and new sustainability practices, will allow us to reduce the effect by embracing the oceans instead.
EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:15:41 PM

Blue Frontiers Partners with Kleros to Provide Blockchain Justice on Floating Seastead Communities

The companies will work towards integrating decentralised arbitration into the governance of Seastead communities to resolve disputes relating to virtually any product or service.

Kleros is a decision-making protocol which uses blockchain and crowdsourcing for adjudicating claims. The platform connects users who need to solve disputes with jurors who have the skills to fairly settle them. The system relies on incentives backed by the game theoretical concept of Schelling point in order to motivate anonymous jurors to rule cases correctly. Kleros means “chance” in Greek. The system is based in some principles for random jury selection which were known by the Athenians twenty five centuries ago. The result is a peer-to-peer justice system able to solve the disputes of the Internet age in a fast, transparent and inexpensive way.

More here:
https://medium.com/@bluefrontiers/blue-frontiers-partners-with-kleros-to-provide-blockchain-justice-on-floating-seastead-communities-57344284d73c

I think this is awesome. Dispute resolution on the blockchain will be a great addition to seasteading, hopefully eliminating that portion of governance that costs a lot of money for governments currently.

I agreed with you Elwar that this is really important partnership.Most valuable one for life on the seastead especially since it can cut so much corners and make problem solving and dispute resolving so effortless.

Great to see that the one partnership we consider so important has landed in such an early phase of the project.Kepp up the good work.Varyon will be so well structured in so many vital areas even before ICO ends if you keep the pace at current rate!
yura04071989

Activity: 1036
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:45:24 PM

Where can I study the technical part of the project? Technical and economic characteristics and environmental impact are introduces, as well as the utilization of household waste and waste products/ how will the sewerage be organized on floating platforms?

Economical Analysis and Environmental Impact Report (among other things) can be found here:
https://www.blue-frontiers.com/en/docs

The whitepaper can be read here:
https://www.blue-frontiers.com/whitepaper.pdf

As for waste, there are experts involved in the project that are far more understanding of it than I could even attempt to explain (I didn't know there were people that were so passionate about poop).

It's almost as if different people are competing over the different ways to turn waste into fuel. Who will win out? Food systems using it for fertilizer? Energy systems using it for methane, biodigester(?).

It is still in the works but we are looking to recycle as much as possible. The hope is that people will start using local traditions of using palm branches for bags and such. We're not going in blind, the locals have been living on these islands for centuries so they can show us a thing or two about not impacting the environment.

Yes, I studied the project and I am deeply impressed, I really want that they to be able to find investors and implement the project, it will be a challenge for modern engineers. This is a kind of claim to become the eighth wonder of the world, as in its time were the Hanging Gardens of Semiramis
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 06:13:48 AM

If you are watching the adoption rate on varyon.io you will see that the amount has been close to 1550 for quite a while. However adoption has been picking up. The BTC/ETH rate affects the total because we have significant BTC stores but as ETH gains against BTC the calculation shows we have "less ETH". eg. Say we have 100 BTC and ETH is .1 BTC/ETH then we would calculate that we have 1000 ETH. If ETH jumped to 1 ETH/BTC we would calculate that we have 100 ETH (as an extreme example) worth of BTC.

If you look at just our ETH wallet (ignoring our BTC and ZEN holdings) you can see that outside of price, the adoption is increasing.

ETH Balance this past week and this past month

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Haekat

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:56:53 PM

Hello guys! I've noticed that there is no new members at this thread. Only experienced guys. I guess it's very bad because there won't be demand in the token so it won't grow when release date comes. Why do you think it happens?
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 05:24:51 PM

Hello guys! I've noticed that there is no new members at this thread. Only experienced guys. I guess it's very bad because there won't be demand in the token so it won't grow when release date comes. Why do you think it happens?

Either most people know this is a long term token so it's not a pump and dump, or most new people are on the telegram channel where questions can be asked and answered in real time.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
beursstarter

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:03:44 AM

Either most people know this is a long term token so it's not a pump and dump, or most new people are on the telegram channel where questions can be asked and answered in real time.

I'm following The Seasteading Institute since I first heard about it on the Tom Woods show, a year ago. I then donated some money, because I really like to see this project become reality.

The issue with this token is that after reading the whitepaper, I got the feeling this is mainly a fundraiser through an ICO. Because it explains the need for money to build the first seastead and later will raise more for the next seasteads. But on the other hand, to me at least, there seems not to be a real purpose for the Varyon coin. OK Blue Frontiers will only accept Varyon on the seastead but everyone else is free (of course!) to use the money they like.

If I feel this way, maybe others do too. Please explain to me how this coin will be used in practice, will gain value and go to the moon somewhere in the future Smiley
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 08:52:29 AM

I'm following The Seasteading Institute since I first heard about it on the Tom Woods show, a year ago. I then donated some money, because I really like to see this project become reality.

The issue with this token is that after reading the whitepaper, I got the feeling this is mainly a fundraiser through an ICO. Because it explains the need for money to build the first seastead and later will raise more for the next seasteads. But on the other hand, to me at least, there seems not to be a real purpose for the Varyon coin. OK Blue Frontiers will only accept Varyon on the seastead but everyone else is free (of course!) to use the money they like.

If I feel this way, maybe others do too. Please explain to me how this coin will be used in practice, will gain value and go to the moon somewhere in the future Smiley

Definitely, though they won't be raising more through ICOs for the next seasteads. The way I see it is, I'm buying enough varyon right now for my first house. That way it is highly likely that I will have enough or more when I can make my first purchase. If you're looking for a pump (to the moon) and dump coin, this is not one of those. It is "long term" compared to most ICOs out today. Building will not start for a few years so any price rise would be gradual.

Varyon will also be used for everything else on the seastead that has to go through Blue Frontiers, not just purchases. Since Blue Frontiers will be the administrator of the SeaZone they will be doing things like registering property, taking care of residency, issuing passports, etc. all which require varyon.

There are a few more varynomics being worked on which sorta blew me away on the implications for the value but I will wait until the lawyer filtered version of the white paper is released to say anything about it.

EndimyonsDream

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:05:37 AM

You are not looking at it properly.The way I see Varyon is like what USD is to United States, what GBP is to UK.So Varyon will be like a country's currency.As seastead will have it's own currency which will be Varyon and everything will be tied to Varyon in seastead country/state. So if you imagine owning like cent of every dollar there is you are closer to what Varyon actually is.I see huge potential in that if you look a this project only from this perspective.
yura04071989

Activity: 1036
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:25:40 PM

On website PreSale Hard Cap - 4000 ETH, but you know - the price changes every day and now has fallen very badly. In the project, when calculating the business case, what is the price of the ETH-USD?
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 07:18:59 AM

On website PreSale Hard Cap - 4000 ETH, but you know - the price changes every day and now has fallen very badly. In the project, when calculating the business case, what is the price of the ETH-USD?

The calculation was based on around $600/ETH. But they may hold off on payments until the price comes back or collateralize.

It's a double edged sword. The lower the ETH price, the easier it is to hit the soft cap. But the lower price means less dollar value. The big spending will be in a few years though with the construction, after the Bitcoin halving in 2020 so the price will be much higher at that point.

EndimyonsDream

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:18:40 PM

The calculation was based on around $600/ETH. But they may hold off on payments until the price comes back or collateralize.

It's a double edged sword. The lower the ETH price, the easier it is to hit the soft cap. But the lower price means less dollar value. The big spending will be in a few years though with the construction, after the Bitcoin halving in 2020 so the price will be much higher at that point.

It is indeed a double edged sword and it is making it difficulty for a lot of ICO's to make proper calculations regarding funding.Hopefully we are near the bottom and things will start moving upwards as we get close to August.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 11:59:53 PM

Pledges are now up over 1800 ETH. Getting close to the half way mark to 4000.

The new varyonomics part of the white paper is finished and just being made pretty now to be released soon.

It's in response to a lot of the big funds asking for more meat than just acting as a currency accepted by Blue Frontiers before they start bringing in the large pledges.

This July will be very interesting for the project.

Personally, after reading the update I want to get as many varyon as I can.

bikitkih

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:32:31 PM

project BLUE FRONTIERS fair promises and will be the future projects that are very useful for all. hope for its development well and many people are interested because the features they offer are also very attractive to investors
stronger2

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:24:53 PM

Blue Frontiers concept residential and business center on the floating world is an interesting concept, hopefully with an interesting concept can get a lot of support from investors
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 06:39:03 AM

Exciting news. The varyonomics has been released and updated in the white paper.

This is one of the major updates for the main sale but we are releasing it just before the end of the pre-sale which ends July 14th. So get your ETH in before then to get the 5-15% bonuses.

The Varyonomics are described here with full details in the white paper.

Some of the main points of the updated varyonomics are that in addition to using varyon as the currency to interact with Blue Frontiers there will be significant amounts of varyon used for staking purposes.

Staking means locking away varyon in a smart contract for many different things in the SeaZone.

The biggest staking requirement will be the surface occupation stake. Basically any platform or anything occupying space in the SeaZone will need to lock away a set amount of tokens to monopolize a given space. This takes supply out of the market thus creating value. Periodic auctions of monopolized space will ensure that those locations that are most desired lock the highest stake.

Staking also allows stakeholders to veto proposals by Blue Frontiers and to amend the SeaZone charter in a weighted heterarchical decision-making process, with length of staking granting somewhat higher weights for the same amount of staked Varyon.

One major component is the Vickrey Auctions which will be used for selling major infrastructure such as seastead platforms. Vickrey auctions essentially allow people to bid what they actually want to pay without needing to game the system. What the white paper does not get into which I believe is the most significant part (most likely to get it out before the end of the pre-sale, and it's very complicated so trying to get it into simple terms has been difficult) is the method used to ensure that varyon's value is not depreciated by the auction. I will not butcher the details but it is something like setting the minimum bid amount to all varyon that have been sold (do not quote me on that because it is very complicated and I have not wrapped my head around it enough to put into simple terms yet, which is likely why they did not include the full explanation in the white paper yet).

tl;dr: Varyon pre-sale ends July 14. Varyonomics were added to the white paper which give some real value to owning varyon. The added details are what were required by the big funds which are waiting in the wings for us to add these things before they would buy.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 08:11:40 AM

Also announced are the team lockup times.

Team Token Lockup
Blue Frontiers is allocating 15% of Varyon tokens to the team, which consists of the founders and executives, full and part time staff, more than one hundred professional volunteers, and advisors.

All team tokens will be locked for one year from the end of the TGE. Founder tokens will be vested over 4 years. Key employees’ tokens will be vested over two years.

The team will also be required to accept a significant part of their compensation in tokens, from 10% to 40%, and 40% specifically for founders. Payments received until Dec 2021 in year N are locked until the last day of year N+1.

The Volunteer team will be allocated approximately one percent of the total token issuance. Volunteer tokens will be locked for one year.

Some advisors will be awarded half of their tokens at the close of the sale, with the remaining tokens being vested over the course of one year.

identifyuser

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:26:25 PM

Also announced are the team lockup times.

Team Token Lockup
Blue Frontiers is allocating 15% of Varyon tokens to the team, which consists of the founders and executives, full and part time staff, more than one hundred professional volunteers, and advisors.

All team tokens will be locked for one year from the end of the TGE. Founder tokens will be vested over 4 years. Key employees’ tokens will be vested over two years.

The team will also be required to accept a significant part of their compensation in tokens, from 10% to 40%, and 40% specifically for founders. Payments received until Dec 2021 in year N are locked until the last day of year N+1.

The Volunteer team will be allocated approximately one percent of the total token issuance. Volunteer tokens will be locked for one year.

Some advisors will be awarded half of their tokens at the close of the sale, with the remaining tokens being vested over the course of one year.
I think it is new idea and here a decentralization here brings us quete new opportunites in the modern world.
Basion

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:36:54 PM

As a community,  is it possible to collaborate and effectively come up with a video presentation on why Blue Frontiers is important. In order to promote the project?
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 08:21:00 PM

As a community,  is it possible to collaborate and effectively come up with a video presentation on why Blue Frontiers is important. In order to promote the project?

Any ideas you have are more than welcome. Some people have been doing personal videos where they tell their reasons for supporting the project.

Like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs6Nx6ywfsw

Definitely feel free to make your own videos and upload them to Youtube. Blue Frontiers will gladly disseminate them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: