Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 04:19:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets  (Read 1638 times)
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 07:52:12 AM

-snip-
Basically when you panic sell during a bloodbath, you sell your coins to the whales, who are more than happy to collect more of them at cheap price.
I have noticed this kind of person and he is one of my friends, lately, he sold out his all coins when the market starting a bloodbath.
Maybe one of these days he realized that he has a wrong decision.

Who says that the market can't manipulate by the whales?
I think they have the power to do that by paying those media broadcasters to keep spreading a FUD news that gives a negative image to the bitcoin or all crypto. Small bitcoin holders easily panic selling that's the time the whale had a big laugh because they bought at the lowered price they know that after a month the price will back to a normal price.
sultanGol

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:44:14 PM

The liquidity is still low in the crypto market, the volatirity is crazy high compare to other investments available. Easy playground to whales I guess Smiley In a couple years, I think this can change in the good direction.

mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:05:05 PM

Yeah, that is true. The whales are always manipulating the market in crypto field and the currency share market. There is always some whales present in any field to dominate the price market and crypto also has the same kind of pressure from whales. If they decide to raise, then they raise. If they decide to pull down price, yes they will pull down.

$anounimus$

Activity: 1792
Merit: 298

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:08:32 PM

yes you're right it seems that whales do often manipulate prices in exchange places you can see it from when there is some good news and bad news for cryptocurrency there will be whales trying to make many people panic so it will be easy to move the price in the market.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
yanesna3

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:10:35 PM

They are doing it since forever. If you believe in bitcoin what you and everybody else who believes too should do is to wait a few years because there has been voices ,just speculation that bitcoin price will be stable at 40.000 dollars in 2019 to 2020.

It is worth waiting a few years to get a considerable amount of money from your investment. This is also a very good time to buy bitcoin so do it if you can.

Bitcoin price now is at its low, better go get it or regret it. whales are always there since the beginning, you just need to watch the market.
That's the reality, and we cannot get rid of it. There are separate groups functioning around to pump and dump the price moves. This is all because of the large volume of holding in a specific address and when moved as a bulk the impact will be big. Similar things happen often and if it is taking place when the price was increasing in a constant manner then it won't look big. When price isn't growing much such a kind manipulation disturbs the market to a bigger extent.

The richest Bitcoin holders that have concentrated most of BTC in their hands, can start selling the crypto, and the price of it will fall. It happens very often.
privedvelosiped

Activity: 434
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:25:29 PM

Clearly, the price of bitcoin depends on the manipulation of whales and large investors. If the exchange was more reliable to store money, the less investors sold now bitcoins. And as a result, the price would not fall
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:41:29 PM

Nothing has changed in the last few months. The price is still low due to massive FUD and probably because of price manipulation. Whales can still afford dumping Bitcoin whenever they feel like it. It will take a lot of time for the cryptocurrency market to become resistant to such acts. Give Bitcoin and crypto community some time to rethink a few things.

Hero of Legendary

Activity: 94
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:41:46 PM

So far that is what I have on my mind because they have that capability to control the market.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
barota

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:20:02 PM

yes;  the market is like a whale control it ... These changes all the time and instability not good
the whale is a winner , Whether prices are high or low

sureshotcoin

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:32:23 PM

actually the every bitcoin investor feel whales are manipulating the market every investor believe in this way with or without proof but govt is also investigating on price manipulation so market is now downtrend every one will have similar doubts
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:32:28 PM

There is no doubt about it. They manipulate for sure. They do it to earn more. They do it to collect cheaper and sell for higher price. They even pay to publish stupid news about some altcoins to manipulate.
inquirybanjoE

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:41:12 PM

I dont know but i remember that some guys from wall street bought in at 4000$. Lets say this is all connected to the future market then yes i could see some manipulation happening. Difficult to prove.
Angna27

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:44:38 AM

Hi guys ,
Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets ?? Has any one noticed that the current bull run that has been on for the last few weeks comes to a halt every time it reaches the 10 k mark and slides down . My theory is that whales sell at 10k and then create fud so market slides down only to buy back and pump . What do you think ?
Yeah, this is one factor to manipulating the markets sad but true, they are businessman, they need profit, if many people buy or use altcoins i think this manipulating is not problem. Businessman need profit so they need to earn profit whatever cause.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:34:14 AM

Clearly, the price of bitcoin depends on the manipulation of whales and large investors. If the exchange was more reliable to store money, the less investors sold now bitcoins. And as a result, the price would not fall
Before it wasn't like that until these whales figured it out that they can play with the market.

And what's causing the dramatic fall of bitcoin now isn't only because of these whales, there's a combined effect from bitcoin futures, bad news and FUDs.

ivandu

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:35:01 AM

Hi guys ,
Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets ?? Has any one noticed that the current bull run that has been on for the last few weeks comes to a halt every time it reaches the 10 k mark and slides down . My theory is that whales sell at 10k and then create fud so market slides down only to buy back and pump . What do you think ?
Yeah, this is one factor to manipulating the markets sad but true, they are businessman, they need profit, if many people buy or use altcoins i think this manipulating is not problem. Businessman need profit so they need to earn profit whatever cause.
but they use wrong way.it is not fair for retail trader .they have no big capital to manipulate price.and trading using normal strategy without doing any fraud
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:11:10 AM

The recent hacking of a Korean cryptocurrency exchange caused the price of the bitcoin to go down and some negative events like FUDs can also contributes to the downtrend of the bitcoin. These so called whales or price manipulators are just part of the system that contributes to the price trends of any cryptocurrency.
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:18:38 AM

Yes these whales are sometimes bothersome to which they are earning good profit even if they are doing day trading since they had a good investment in the market. Meaning to say these whales are huge investors and even in a small scale percentage of earning they can get a good profit on it because of their huge investment. Some are creating a pool of investors to get also the moment to manipulate bitcoin market price by day trading.
xAnima

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:40:30 AM

I think not because if Whales are really controlling the market, then those day-by-day-traders would not spend their time trading if they knew that it is controlled or even manipulated. Maybe the one's who control the market are those who uses them in need because they are demanding and supplying the needs of the markets.
Nichao

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:34:56 AM

Hi guys ,

Of course they manipulate the market - they have money and bitcoins for it, and they can get money. I'm afraid, almost 80% of price volatility is because of whales...
kabelpeggek

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:02:02 AM

With bitcoin's market capitalization that big, i believe that whales do have big share on them so if some of these whales will move their bitcoin, then it can surely affect the cryptomarket as bitcoin's market value will also fluctuates.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: