Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:29:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Mining pools list  (Read 752 times)
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:14:40 PM

Please, i will like to ask a question, i'm new on this platform, I will like to have your views on bitcoinclub, i wanna start mining via the organization.
 hope  this is the right place

bitcoinclub  a scam they owe me 13 coins and don't answer any emails or online chats. I can still log into my account and see them pending
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4536
Merit: 1847

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:09:33 PM

Please. Ignorantly i invested money in kanockpool
Want to know if i should continue with them
simply search this forum and you'll find I've posted about it being a scam multiple times and for quite a while

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091

Think for yourself

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:02:37 PM

what pool can I choose today?
what are their differences?

Did you read the first post of this thread?

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:01:03 PM

One of the important differences between the pools is the cost of entry and the existence of the affiliate program. also, there are a lot of fakes

I use Bitclub Pool. And I'am satisfied.

What you are describe is NOT a pool, but a Ponzi scheme.  Stay away from those!

kano
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:46:46 PM

One of the important differences between the pools is the cost of entry and the existence of the affiliate program. also, there are a lot of fakes

I also mine with BitclubNetwork. In 10 months I was able to make what I invested into it and this pool is to run for approximately 3years.  
If instead you bought bitcoin, you would have got about 10x what you invested 10 months ago - the current price is about 10x what it was then.

This is why scams like BitClubNetwork get away with ripping everyone off.
Most people have absolutely no idea about finance and investment - most are fools happy to give away their money to make someone else rich.
Over that 10 months, they made a huge profit, multiple times what you gave them, with your money.

To see where you went wrong, it's quite simple:
If you gave them 10 BTC back then, they've now given you back, over that time, the equivalent of 1BTC now.
Hmm wow that seems bad doesn't it, they gave you back 1/10th of what you gave them ... ... ... ...

If instead the price of Bitcoin had not risen, it would have been you who lost, not them.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
vadi4

Activity: 253
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:40:01 AM

You're wrong, man. All the information can be easily verified on this website https://blockchain.info/pools. That is all that is not specified here, is already questionable
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:14:41 PM

You're wrong, man. All the information can be easily verified on this website https://blockchain.info/pools. That is all that is not specified here, is already questionable

Paying, up front, for the privilege of mining on a site is NOT a pool.  A legitimate pool takes it's fees from found blocks only!

kano
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:58:27 PM

Lulz vadi4 clearly can't understand what I posted further up Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104664.msg24028732#msg24028732

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2607

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:18:26 PM

<snip>

Do these websites allow us to hire more GPU Miner?
GPU's CANNOT profitably mine BTC and have been obsolete here for over 4 years.
GPU's can ONLY be use to profitably mine altcoins. Yes the alts can be exchanged for BTC but that is NOT the same as mining BTC
OP and topic of this thread is BITCOIN pools -- not alts.
Learn what the various crypto coins actually are and post in the correct areas. For GPU and other altcoin queries that sure as hell is not here....

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:40:49 PM

What do you mean by merged mining, Sir ? I'm still a newbie here, some explanation will surely help Smiley

That means mining more than one coin at a time.  The same hash can be a solution for multiple coins.  Although this can cause problems for the Bitcoin side of mining with increased stales/orphan or instability.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:54:43 PM

Can someone explain me what pools actually are in the cripto-world
Places where you swim among the sharks and hope to not get bitten Tongue

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:34:54 PM

Can someone explain me what pools actually are in the cripto-world
Places where you swim among the sharks and hope to not get bitten Tongue
Interesting ...further explanations will be enough for me

If you really need to ask what a Bitcoin Mining Pool is you should probably think about a different hobby, maybe stamp collecting?

Did you read the top two post's of this thread?

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:35:56 PM

What's the key factors to connect a pool?

Bitcoin address.

Bitcoin mining hardware.

Internet access.

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:30:29 AM

i want to mining with weak laptop, is possible only on powerful video cards?

Bitcoin difficulty is way too high to mine with CPU or GPU.  You need a purpose built ASIC device to mine Bitcoin now.

oztusk

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:14:07 PM

Nice.
Now can anyone post a list showing the pool fee and whether or not miners are paid their share of the tx fees?

I often find this essential info hidden or impossible to find after spending half an hour mousing around a pool's website
They either hire gay hairdressers to design their webpages or they just don't want to tell us.
so im askng somebody who knows, if anyone does.
Iv'e spent a day and a half looking for this information for the known pools on the blockchain page and made little progress.
Kind of like walking into one of those convenience stores.. you know like Mr. Quikkie Stop, and nothing has a price tag on it?
You ask. and get a slurred answer in a foreign language?... Then the guy tells you in perfect english that it's 2.99 for a 25c bag of chips.
Wouldn't one think that a pool would post its payment format AND its strat address on the first page we see?
HA.. welcome to earth.

<<<   "MY DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox - - "MY DOG IS EATING YOUR BITCOIN"...Antpool - - "We were drinking espresso with shots of vodka at this little cafe. My laptop was on the table. This big dog came up behind us and,.. and..." ...nicehash     ANTMINER is currently servicing 20-30% of the entire network hash rate. Enenatis. Quis interdum ac, aliquet nec est. www.bitmaintech.com Euismod risus sed, venenatis tellus. Aliquam vel. Spontaneous emission is not inherent to an emitter, but rather depends on its electromagnetic environment.        "THE DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:28:11 PM

Now can anyone post a list showing the pool fee and whether or not miners are paid their share of the tx fees?

I often find this essential info hidden or impossible to find after spending half an hour mousing around a pool's website

If a pool is not forthcoming with the info of whether or not they payout transaction fees along with the block reward to miners then you must assume they don't.  There is no reason to do so and not disclose it as a selling point for the pool.

Pools that I know of that do:

Kano.is
ckpool.org
bravo-mining.com
solo.ckpool.org

There are others I'm sure.

oztusk

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:26:30 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 09:09:30 PM by oztusk

thanks.

so far:...

Slushpool:    2% pool fee                  pays out tx fees to miners                 a fair deal                       tested IRL

Viabtc.com   2% pool  fee                 pays out tx fees to miners                 a fair deal                      tested IRL

Btc.com:                     ??unspecified fee                pays averaged tx fees out with pps block reward, takes some unknown % pool fee.
                                                                        might be 2% to 8%, but havent tried to juggle the #s to determine.. looks ok, but
                                                                         the fact is they are very evasive about exactly what they are charging in the way of pool fees.
                                                                            can anyone help me with this??

Btc.top:          uncertain               cant find pool policies on site, have run my translator over everything i could and cant find fee/payment policies
                                     presumed                        not commiting a miner to the test, asking for input on this one, assuming the worst. red flag.
                                     not-good                                 they don't respond to my inquiries as to 'pool rules'.

Antpool:       0% pool fee          does NOT pay out tx fees to miners        Not an attractive option       tested IRL

F2pool:           still checking               no mention of tx fees,                they keep them, and they                   pay +3%pps.  
                                                                                                                another DREADFUL CHOICE

Smaller pools:     working on it

Kano.is                                             Pool paysout Block rwd and  tx fees           Very Fair Deal         pool fee is only  0.9%      
                                                        small (<1% of networ) pool, but your rewards are therefore proportionally larger.. should hit on average 15 blocks per difficulty period
                                                        think ill put an old s1 there and tell you how it does      ...inna bouta fortnite...

Bitcoin.com:                                     Tosses the miner a 10% crumb bonus on regular pps, which they can
                                                       fund with the tx fees which they don't pay out. NOT a fair
                                                       system unless you are among the priveleged few who burn money in the fireplace because
                                                       "it clutters up the house."   NAH..

Bw.com                                            Same old same old, but absolutely no indication on what pool fee is or if they payout tx fees.
                                                       Why should I bother trying to find out. Wouldn't waste my time on this one either.
                                                       If you know otherwise, please PM me.

Solo:...

Solo.ckpool.org    1%   fee                If you find a block, don't fret over the 1% and feed a few stray cats while you are at it.
                                                       [size of a solo pool, large or small, of course makes no difference for solo.]

viabtc.com :          1%                      offers solo connection at a 1% fee, the usual

many other pools large and small offer solo mining if you dare or have boatloads of hash power... just keep an eye on the fee.

I've posted this for the benifit of those who want to distribute their hashpower broadly across the network without losing a big chunk of
their A22

i will try to complete this list as time allows me.. good luck to you all
a dash of hash in the smaller pools could be good also

<<<   "MY DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox - - "MY DOG IS EATING YOUR BITCOIN"...Antpool - - "We were drinking espresso with shots of vodka at this little cafe. My laptop was on the table. This big dog came up behind us and,.. and..." ...nicehash     ANTMINER is currently servicing 20-30% of the entire network hash rate. Enenatis. Quis interdum ac, aliquet nec est. www.bitmaintech.com Euismod risus sed, venenatis tellus. Aliquam vel. Spontaneous emission is not inherent to an emitter, but rather depends on its electromagnetic environment.        "THE DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox
tonnynguyen

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:45:35 PM

thank you so much .
 Mergemining.com  <== i will try with this pool . since Nicehash down , I still not get any information from them.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
oztusk

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:35:21 AM

thank you so much .
 Mergemining.com  <== i will try with this pool . since Nicehash down , I still not get any information from them.

please let us know what you find out.
last I thought, Merged mining yields about 4c per $100 advantage, but I may have missed something.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:39:44 AM

thank you so much .

please let us know what you find out.
last I thought, Merged mining yields about 4c per $100 advantage, but I may have missed something.
It also affects the performance of the pool and the pool's bitcoind block changes, due to running extra scamcoin clients for each extra scamcoin, and thus that also has a hidden cost/loss ...

Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: