Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:09:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Mining pools list  (Read 745 times)
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:11:57 AM

Looking for a pool I can point my Bitmain sha Miners to that has a payout based upon time mined.
Reason is I can only mine 14 hours a day.

You don't get paid by the hour only by the shares submitted.  Any PPLNS pool should be fine.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 12:16:23 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 01:43:53 AM by organofcorti

Looking for a pool I can point my Bitmain sha Miners to that has a payout based upon time mined.

I know Eclipse had that type of mining option but I forget the name of it.
Looking for an alternative to Eclipse since I don't like BFL.

Preferred a low or no fee if possible.

Could you point me in the right direction?

MM

I think what you're after is a PPS (Pay per share) pool. It will give you a payout with the least variance. However as os2sam points out, in the long run you'll earn more on a PPLNS pool with a lower fee if you don't mind the variance that will come from mining only part time.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:59:30 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 01:10:10 AM by MikeMike

I know Eclipse had that type of mining option but I forget the name of it.
Looking for an alternative to Eclipse since I don't like BFL.

Preferred a low or no fee if possible.

Could you point me in the right direction?

MM

I think what you're after is a PPS (Pay per share) pool. It will give you a payout with the least variance. However as os2sam points out, in the long run you're earn more on a PPLNS pool with a lower fee if you don't mind the variance that will come from mining only part time.

It takes a fair amount of hours for the pool GH/s to ramp up and when it drops off it's quick.
Since I have to shut the miners down once or twice a day for a number of hours
may make the PPS payout more.

Opinions welcomed!
Does Bitcoincz have the PPS option?
What's a decent PPS pool?
 Smiley

os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 01:27:09 AM

It takes a fair amount of hours for the pool GH/s to ramp up and when it drops off it's quick.

When you drop off for a few hours your shares in open shifts still get block rewards distributed to them.  So it evens out since you still get paid for a while after stopping mining.

PPS will bankrupt pools so it is very bad for Bitcoin, in my opinion.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 01:32:33 AM

Pool-side hash rate doesn't - or shouldn't - matter in any reasonably sane payout method.  What matters is the number of shares you're submitting, and what difficulty they are.  While those are used in part to derive a pool-side hash rate, that's more an aesthetic / "yay numbers!" thing, while payouts are based on the shares themselves.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 02:22:29 AM

Just a note CPPSRB works better than PPLNS for pretty much any usage pattern.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 02:27:53 AM

"As good as" perhaps, but AFAICT even in the medium term the results are similar to PPLNS - for any usage pattern.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 03:23:36 AM

"As good as" perhaps, but AFAICT even in the medium term the results are similar to PPLNS - for any usage pattern.
CPPSRB works way better that PPLNS for the person with a usage pattern of block witholding.

They can lose a lot less BTC if they block withhold on CPPSRB than on PPLNS.

So yes for that usage pattern, indeed luke-jr is correct.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 07:26:59 AM

This is a very common misunderstanding. There is no slow rampup before you get paid, and when you disconnect there is no special punishment with PPLNS.

You do some work, and how much you get paid for that work depends on how many blocks the pool finds in the near future. That's all. See things this way and you will understand how PPLNS actually works. That is why I added a per-shift statistic at Bitminter that shows how much 1 TH/s got paid for 1 hour of mining during that shift. You did some work between 2 and 3 last night and the pool was lucky/unlucky so you got a high/low payout. End of story. That is how simple PPLNS is, and this point of view enables you to understand it correctly and make rational decisions.

A lot of people focus on how much they get paid per block. This is what leads to these misunderstandings, which is why I removed a display of "what you can expect to get if we find a block right now" from the Bitminter website. Watching this "magic" pay-per-block number changing and not understanding where it comes from has lead to not only the belief of ramp-up, drop-off and special punishments for part-time miners. It is also what leads to some confusing beliefs that you should be in a big/small pool if your own hashrate is high/low. This is also utter nonsense. See http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/10731/mining-pool-hashrate-effect-on-a-miners-income

No, being a part time miner does not mean PPS pays out more. On average you will earn more with a PPLNS pool with low fees than a PPS pool with high fees. PPLNS has variance, which is what you pay extra to get rid of by using expensive PPS services. But there is no special punishment for part-time miners.

Even from the confusing ramp-up/drop-off way of explaining PPLNS, the ramp-up and the drop-off are equally fast. The reason the drop-off looks faster is purely psychological. You see one good thing and one bad thing. It's common for people to forget the good thing and focus on defending themselves against the bad thing, which often makes the bad thing seem bigger.

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:20:08 AM

This is a very common misunderstanding. There is no slow rampup before you get paid, and when you disconnect there is no special punishment with PPLNS.

You do some work, and how much you get paid for that work depends on how many blocks the pool finds in the near future. That's all. See things this way and you will understand how PPLNS actually works. That is why I added a per-shift statistic at Bitminter that shows how much 1 TH/s got paid for 1 hour of mining during that shift. You did some work between 2 and 3 last night and the pool was lucky/unlucky so you got a high/low payout. End of story. That is how simple PPLNS is, and this point of view enables you to understand it correctly and make rational decisions.

A lot of people focus on how much they get paid per block. This is what leads to these misunderstandings, which is why I removed a display of "what you can expect to get if we find a block right now" from the Bitminter website. Watching this "magic" pay-per-block number changing and not understanding where it comes from has lead to not only the belief of ramp-up, drop-off and special punishments for part-time miners. It is also what leads to some confusing beliefs that you should be in a big/small pool if your own hashrate is high/low. This is also utter nonsense. See http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/10731/mining-pool-hashrate-effect-on-a-miners-income

No, being a part time miner does not mean PPS pays out more. On average you will earn more with a PPLNS pool with low fees than a PPS pool with high fees. PPLNS has variance, which is what you pay extra to get rid of by using expensive PPS services. But there is no special punishment for part-time miners.

Even from the confusing ramp-up/drop-off way of explaining PPLNS, the ramp-up and the drop-off are equally fast. The reason the drop-off looks faster is purely psychological. You see one good thing and one bad thing. It's common for people to forget the good thing and focus on defending themselves against the bad thing, which often makes the bad thing seem bigger.

Thanks to ALL for the education and suggestions.
Luke,
What's the best CPPSRB pool out there for Bitmain sha miners?
Are you associated with Eligius?

DrHaribo,
I see your point.
What I was focusing on was how things go sometimes.
Some days I won't be able to mine at all.
Problem is if you hit bad luck in the hours I mine.
I can mine for 6 hours and not get one block and then
skipping a day I may miss out on the row of quick blocks like I just did the other day.

Maybe the little plus CPPSRB gives it may make sense to try that.
But I'm not totally sold on the CPPSRB since I will be mining part time
for stints of 5-6 hours long and not the same time plus will be skipping days here and there.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

kano
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:35:32 AM

DrHaribo,
I see your point.
What I was focusing on was how things go sometimes.
Some days I won't be able to mine at all.
Problem is if you hit bad luck in the hours I mine.
I can mine for 6 hours and not get one block and then
skipping a day I may miss out on the row of quick blocks like I just did the other day.

Maybe the little plus CPPSRB gives it may make sense to try that.
But I'm not totally sold on the CPPSRB since I will be mining part time
for stints of 5-6 hours long and not the same time plus will be skipping days here and there.
You've ignored something completely in that statement, that explains why it's a fallacy.
Add this as well:

"Problem is if you hit good luck in the hours I mine.
I can mine for 6 hours and get lots of blocks and then
skipping a day I may miss out on the row of slow blocks."

i.e. you are assuming luck isn't random.
It is, and thus it doesn't matter on PPLNS since you can't know in advance if you will get good or bad luck.

CPPSRB is affected by luck also.
The catch there is that you have a limit, from below, of average luck, and will never have that completely balanced out by good luck to 'unshelve' your shares in the long term, only in the short term, since Eligius long term luck is affected by 'other' things.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:42:15 PM

I've only ever used Eligius and itzod (now closed); surprised this thread's OP is lacking on info about what pools use CPPSRB - maybe Polmine is another option (but I have not used them).
wizkid057 runs Eligius for the past few years, but I remain affiliated to some extent (mainly as an advisor).

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 10:24:07 PM

I've only ever used Eligius and itzod (now closed); surprised this thread's OP is lacking on info about what pools use CPPSRB - maybe Polmine is another option (but I have not used them).
wizkid057 runs Eligius for the past few years, but I remain affiliated to some extent (mainly as an advisor).

I think Eligius is the only pool running CPPSRB right now. According to their site, Polmine is still running SMPPS.

Nexious

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 06:27:09 AM

Hi organofcorti,

If you could add Nexious to the list, that would be awesome!

Pool:                      Nexious
Proxy:                    No
Generation address:  17Pp2kmx3MLN55SfnhNiKwQAsbfR3C1xSC
Payout method:        PPLNS
Fee:                        1%
Pay Tx Reward:        Yes
Vardiff:                   Automatic / 20SPM
Local Work:              Stratum
Pay Orphans:            No
Min Withdrawal:       0.001 BTC
Merge Mining:          No

https://nexious.com - Bitcoin Mining Pool - 5BTC Block Finder Bonus!*
DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 06:32:32 AM

Bitminter is phasing out GBT. Could you update the local work column to only Stratum? Thanks Smiley

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 04:26:40 AM

Bitminter is phasing out GBT. Could you update the local work column to only Stratum? Thanks Smiley

Done.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 04:31:51 AM

Hi organofcorti,

If you could add Nexious to the list, that would be awesome!

Pool:                      Nexious
Proxy:                    No
Generation address:  17Pp2kmx3MLN55SfnhNiKwQAsbfR3C1xSC
Payout method:        PPLNS
Fee:                        1%
Pay Tx Reward:        Yes
Vardiff:                   Automatic / 20SPM
Local Work:              Stratum
Pay Orphans:            No
Min Withdrawal:       0.001 BTC
Merge Mining:          No

Done.

bitclubpool

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 01:19:35 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2015, 01:37:45 PM by bitclubpool

Please add this pool!  

Pool:                      BitClubPool
Proxy:                    NO
Generation address:  155fzsEBHy9Ri2bMQ8uuuR3tv1YzcDywd4
Coinbase signature:   BitClub Network
Payout method:        PPLNS
Fee:                        0%
Pay Tx Reward:        NO
Vardiff:                   Automatic (18 20 SPM)
Local Work:             Stratum
Pay Orphans:           NO (We would love to but we can't afford it...)
Min Withdrawal:       0.002 BTC (We will try to push out as much Dust Payment as possible but this be the promissed minimum)
Merge Mining:          No Merged Mining at the moment.

*New Pool Promo!  
$100 USD Bonus given to the Block Finder.  To qualify for the Bonus, the found block has to be odd number block. (Example #367439)

Super Bonus, if you hit a block right at 7%, $1,000 USD worth of BTC or 1 economy round trip ticket to Iceland for the Mining Farm Tuor

stratum mining and it is pool.bitclubpool.com:3333
for US members, us.bitclubpool.com:3333  
for EU members, eu.bitclubpool.com:3333

kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:52:02 PM

The web site says 0% fee PPS - that sounds risky ... I wonder which it is ...

bitclubpool

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 06:49:03 PM

It is PPLNS and website needs more works to be done on front end!!!  Thank you for spotting that. 

The web site says 0% fee PPS - that sounds risky ... I wonder which it is ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: