Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:09:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Mining pools list  (Read 752 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 02:14:32 PM

Hello Organofcorti,

Please add new BTC pool - Minergate.com

PPS

Name: Minergate (link: minergate.com)
Fee: 2.5%
Local work: Stratum
Variable difficulty: dynamic
Min withdrawal: 0.01 BTC
Merged mining: No.

Thank you, have a nice day.

No BTC stats?

Pool just opened recently. So no stats yet. Or did you mean something else?

No, just wanted to make sure you were mining BTC.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:41:54 PM

Hello Organofcorti,

PPS

No BTC stats?

They do mine BTC but they just added it.
rumdum

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:12:34 PM

I have a quick question for you guys. How do I find out which sites pay the block finder reward to the miner and not distribute to the whole pool? I know there are several sites that take the reward and distribute it to the miners, some only pay on finding a block which makes no sense as to who is getting the earnings from the share submission.
I guess what I am asking is what sites will pay me for my submitted shares and then give me the block reward, even if it is at a reduced % due to a pool fee? Is there something specific or specific pool type only that I need to be looking at?
For example MMpool.org seems to do this.
I know eclipse does not.
Every time I ask this question I seem to get the deer in the headlights response...
Any help would be great.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 03:57:35 AM

I have a quick question for you guys. How do I find out which sites pay the block finder reward to the miner and not distribute to the whole pool? I know there are several sites that take the reward and distribute it to the miners, some only pay on finding a block which makes no sense as to who is getting the earnings from the share submission.
I guess what I am asking is what sites will pay me for my submitted shares and then give me the block reward, even if it is at a reduced % due to a pool fee? Is there something specific or specific pool type only that I need to be looking at?
I know eclipse does not.
Every time I ask this question I seem to get the deer in the headlights response...
Any help would be great.

You want to be paid 25 BTC per block (that you find) *and* some amount per share? This is not very different to solomining.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 04:02:03 AM

Hello Organofcorti,

PPS

No BTC stats?

They do mine BTC but they just added it.

Added to list.

rumdum

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:59:32 AM

I know eclipse does not.
Any help would be great.

You want to be paid 25 BTC per block (that you find) *and* some amount per share? This is not very different to solomining.

Correct, it isn't. I thought that was the original intent of pooled mining, to maximize speed and return. There area several LTC pools doing this, but the only BTC pool that I know of is MMP. Are there any others? I'd like to try a different site. I know they are using the DGM method but they also give the block reward. Why are other pools not doing this. The only thing I can think of the the pool operators are making "bank", by taking the earnings from the shares or the block rewards, which ever way they are operating. Not trying call out "thief" or anything like that. Maybe you can help me understand......
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 05:29:15 AM

I know eclipse does not.
Any help would be great.

Correct, it isn't. I thought that was the original intent of pooled mining, to maximize speed and return. There area several LTC pools doing this, but the only BTC pool that I know of is MMP. Are there any others? I'd like to try a different site. I know they are using the DGM method but they also give the block reward. Why are other pools not doing this. The only thing I can think of the the pool operators are making "bank", by taking the earnings from the shares or the block rewards, which ever way they are operating. Not trying call out "thief" or anything like that. Maybe you can help me understand......

I don't understand, sorry. Can you explain it some other way? Or does someone else know what rumdum means?

rumdum

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:00:08 AM

I know eclipse does not.
Any help would be great.

I don't understand, sorry. Can you explain it some other way? Or does someone else know what rumdum means?

OK, I am getting paid for my share submissions and also have the chance to find/finish the block. If my miner finds/finishes the block, i get the reward for finding the block (25btc block reward) in addition to the shares I submitted, which are part of the previous blocks 25 BTC. Am I confused and don't know it? It was explained to me that there could be considered 50BTC in a 25BTC block, 25 for the block itself and 25 as the reward. I have only been doing this for a little while so maybe I never truly understood the block/reward system and someone fed me a bunch of BS. either way, no one has ever seemed to be able to explain it. Which leads back to my original question, are there any other sites that pay the shares and a/the reward?
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:18:50 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 08:18:50 AM by organofcorti

I know eclipse does not.
Any help would be great.

OK, I am getting paid for my share submissions and also have the chance to find/finish the block. If my miner finds/finishes the block, i get the reward for finding the block (25btc block reward) in addition to the shares I submitted, which are part of the previous blocks 25 BTC. Am I confused and don't know it? It was explained to me that there could be considered 50BTC in a 25BTC block, 25 for the block itself and 25 as the reward. I have only been doing this for a little while so maybe I never truly understood the block/reward system and someone fed me a bunch of BS. either way, no one has ever seemed to be able to explain it. Which leads back to my original question, are there any other sites that pay the shares and a/the reward?

Someone has confused you. There is 25btc per block plus transaction fees - usually up tp a couple of btc. If you are given the whole 25btc, what is left for the other miners? The reason we use pooled mining is so that we can get at least fractions of a block reward. Many miners will never find a block.

If you really want 25 BTC to yourself for solving a block, you want to investigate solo-mining.

rumdum

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:42:38 AM

I know eclipse does not.
Any help would be great.

Someone has confused you. There is 25btc per block plus transaction fees - usually up tp a couple of btc. If you are given the whole 25btc, what is left for the other miners? The reason we use pooled mining is so that we can get at least fractions of a block reward. Many miners will never find a block.

If you really want 25 BTC to yourself for solving a block, you want to investigate solo-mining.

Ok, well what is so critical about stopping pool hopping then? Most of them come in right at the end. What is the reason?
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 02:13:33 AM

Ok, well what is so critical about stopping pool hopping then? Most of them come in right at the end. What is the reason?

No, I don't think pool-hoppers can know when a round will end so they can't come in at the end of one. Actual profit increasing pool-hopping can only be done on a proportional pool (eg Slushes pool or Deepbit) and you need to come in at the *start*, not the end.

You should probably read this:  https://bitcoil.co.il/pool_analysis.pdf

rumdum

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:40:00 AM

Thanks
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:28:14 PM

on the first message, you can add :

slush's pool (mining.bitcoin.cz) = minimal withdrawn is 0,01 BTC.
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:03:38 PM

OoC,

50BTC is PPLNS and PPS.
Pool fees are 1.5% for PPLNS and 6% for PPS.

I would strongly warn new users not to use this pool as they have never paid me for shares that I submitted.  I am still owed somewhere in the vicinity of 14BTC.
Pool operator no longer replies/responds to users in thread.  Last post was over 3.5 months ago, even though they almost daily login to forum.
When mod placed warning on their pool thread that "THE POOL OPERATOR HAS STOPPED RESPONDING AND IS NOT PAYING MINERS" they of course immediately responded to forum mods, but still no communication to users.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 11:16:24 PM

OoC,

50BTC is PPLNS and PPS.
Pool fees are 1.5% for PPLNS and 6% for PPS.

I would strongly warn new users not to use this pool as they have never paid me for shares that I submitted.  I am still owed somewhere in the vicinity of 14BTC.
Pool operator no longer replies/responds to users in thread.  Last post was over 3.5 months ago, even though they almost daily login to forum.
When mod placed warning on their pool thread that "THE POOL OPERATOR HAS STOPPED RESPONDING AND IS NOT PAYING MINERS" they of course immediately responded to forum mods, but still no communication to users.

Thanks abracadabra. I've updated the PPS fee, but I won't be adding the PPLNS unless the pool ops request it, and of course I won't be removing the warning in red (just above their entry) until they repay the majority of the miners that have been underpaid.

macdaddy

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:53:53 AM

Please remove http://node1.ozpool.us from your list. I pulled the node down for now. I hope to have it back up in the future, but it may be a while.

Thanks!
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 08:18:27 AM

Please remove http://node1.ozpool.us from your list. I pulled the node down for now. I hope to have it back up in the future, but it may be a while.

Thanks!

OK, let me know if/when you're back up.

nicklello

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:35:47 AM

Hi All,

I operate an ISP-hosted P2Pool node in the UK for Bitcoin and Litecoin mining; I'd love to get some more miners working through here to help grow the P2Pool and try to make a dent in the overgrown CEX.io / GHASH.io share of the global network.

The pools are:-

Bitcoin:     hassocksmining.co.uk:9332

Litecoin:   hassocksmining.co.uk:9327

Regards,
Nick
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:52:40 PM

Hi All,

I operate an ISP-hosted P2Pool node in the UK for Bitcoin and Litecoin mining; I'd love to get some more miners working through here to help grow the P2Pool and try to make a dent in the overgrown CEX.io / GHASH.io share of the global network.

The pools are:-

Bitcoin:     hassocksmining.co.uk:9332

Litecoin:   hassocksmining.co.uk:9327

Regards,
Nick

If you're a p2pool proxy (a miner doesn't need any special hardware or software and can just mine at your node like they would at any pool), then please post details in the usual format, for example:

Hello listkeeper.

Here is my suggestion for a new entry.

Pool:                    Angel Miners
Payout method:     PPLNS
Fee:                     25% (23% charities, 2% pool)
Pay Tx Reward:     Yes
Vardiff:                 16 to 2048 (float)
Local Work:           Stratum
Pay Orphans:         No
Min Withdrawal:     0.01
Merge Mining:        No

Thanks and kind regards,

Martin Beek.

nicklello

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:48:19 PM

Hello listkeeper.

Please can you add my BTC and LTC P2Pool node to the lists:-

Pool:                    Hassocks Mining P2Pool
Currencies:          BTC (Port 9332), LTC (Port 9327)
Payout method:     PPLNS
Fee:                     0.1%

Thanks and kind regards,

Nick Lello
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: