Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:48:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Mining pools list  (Read 752 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 09:23:58 AM

Pool:                      Infernopool
Proxy:                    No
Generation address:  Multipool
Coinbase signature:  No Coinbase signature
Payout method:        Prop
Fee:                       4%
Pay Tx Reward:        Yes
Vardiff:                   20 SPM
Local Work:             Stratum
Pay Orphans:           No
Min Withdrawal:       0.001
Merge Mining:          No

Sorry, I don't follow. Is this a:
BTC mining pool?
Proxy pool?
and what does "Generation address:  Multipool" mean?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:58:14 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 10:09:35 AM by infernoman

Pool:                      Infernopool
Proxy:                    No
Generation address:  Multipool
Coinbase signature:  No Coinbase signature
Payout method:        Prop
Fee:                       4%
Pay Tx Reward:        Yes
Vardiff:                   20 SPM
Local Work:             Stratum
Pay Orphans:           No
Min Withdrawal:       0.001
Merge Mining:          No

BTC mining pool?
Proxy pool?
and what does "Generation address:  Multipool" mean?

It is a Multipool that offers payments in bitcoin, so it mines multiple different altcoins and exchanges them into bitcoin for the payout.
The pool makes payouts every 24 hours as long as the balance is over 0.001 and there is an individual stats page for each miner plus a worker page with hashrate history.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 12:19:55 PM

BTC mining pool?
Proxy pool?

It is a Multipool that offers payments in bitcoin, so it mines multiple different altcoins and exchanges them into bitcoin for the payout.
The pool makes payouts every 24 hours as long as the balance is over 0.001 and there is an individual stats page for each miner plus a worker page with hashrate history.

So it's a proxy pool, and that's why you don't have a generation address? To put it more clearly, do you mine bitcoin blocks?

infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 03:50:06 PM

BTC mining pool?
Proxy pool?

So it's a proxy pool, and that's why you don't have a generation address? To put it more clearly, do you mine bitcoin blocks?
No i do not mine bitcoin blocks, so i guess it would be considered a proxypool? there are so many different names around its hard to keep up
Nowi

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 04:34:54 PM

Dont you know any website where I can cloudmining at some different pool and not at their owen ?

infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 04:54:05 PM

Dont you know any website where I can cloudmining at some different pool and not at their owen ?
Yes you can use Mintsy but they are still in beta mode. https://www.mintsy.co/ sign up so you can get in when they open to public
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 07:22:15 PM

BTC mining pool?
Proxy pool?

No i do not mine bitcoin blocks, so i guess it would be considered a proxypool? there are so many different names around its hard to keep up

If you don't mine blocks, what are your miners mining?

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4536
Merit: 1847

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:34:29 PM

BAN in the op needs to be updated.
It doesn't use PPS.
It uses a form of PPS, where PPS payments are made based on pool luck finding blocks.
Maybe this should be called something else? BFPPS? (Block Find PPS)
Since the risk is on the miners not the pool operator.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 12:57:26 AM

It doesn't use PPS.
It uses a form of PPS, where PPS payments are made based on pool luck finding blocks.

It needs to be under the modified PPS column. I recall MTRed did the same thing?
I propose calling them PPB (pay per block), since it has two fewer letter than your proposal Smiley

s0br

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 02:13:18 AM

It doesn't use PPS.

It needs to be under the modified PPS column. I recall MTRed did the same thing?
I propose calling them PPB (pay per block), since it has two fewer letter than your proposal Smiley

organofcorti I expected more from you... I was led to this post by a user...

I spend $20,000 a month buying btc to offset the variance not to mention around 200+ BTC I've had to cover from hacks and thefts from the earlier days... Even with our registrations being closed our speed is increasing... which doesn't make things easier for me.

It's 25 BTC / network difficulty + 1% to cover any tiny error margins which I've spent many months working to minimize for the sake of everyone mining. We have 30+  nodes around the world to help with block propagation.. since we pay out on orphans to unlike PPLNS.. it's also for my benefit.

I do believe we're also the only pool mining to multisig addresses at the moment. We were the first to mine a V3 block... it's not easy... I do it for free and the love of the game... and because as much as I want a safe place to have for myself in this crazy industry... it makes me happy to be able to offer it to others. Yes, I've been late with payments because I have no control over probability functions... but every other possible measure to give everyone a great mining experience... nodes around the world, as minimal rejection rates as possible.. accurate accounting... more data for people to comb through.. and on and on. We have some exciting things coming down the pipeline.

Yes.. now with the current delayed payments people do take a risk.. but they can mine a little.. test things.. mine somewhere else and wait. The idea here is to offer people another alternative...

I like mining and I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't feel I have to for my own reasons. I have 3 employees now helping with this not including me.

... ok... now to get back to work.

PPS (Pay Per Share) Bitcoin Mining Pool
0% Fees + 1% Bonus + Merged Mining (NMC - Namecoin) +Hourly Payouts
https://mining.bitcoinaffiliatenetwork.com
kano
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:10:26 AM

It doesn't use PPS.

What? You prefer to lie about your pool than post the truth in the OP post which has been wrong for a while...

Your current Pool OP post that you wont fix even when told on the forum by users.
Which still right now says:
Payment System: PPS + 10% Bonus.
Payment Intervals: 1,2,4,8,12,24 hours.
Which doesn't even match what you said below

I spend $20,000 a month buying btc to offset the variance not to mention around 200+ BTC I've had to cover from hacks and thefts from the earlier days... Even with our registrations being closed our speed is increasing... which doesn't make things easier for me.

It's 25 BTC / network difficulty + 1% to cover any tiny error margins which I've spent many months working to minimize for the sake of everyone mining. We have 30+  nodes around the world to help with block propagation.. since we pay out on orphans to unlike PPLNS.. it's also for my benefit.
Heh - so you screwed up and lost 200+ BTC and then replaced it.
Glad you didn't do a runner ... but what has that got to do with PPS?
That sounds more like a failed attempt at a sob story ... coz what it simply means is you screwed up.

$20,000 a month in BTC is ... ~80 BTC - with a 1% bonus that's 8000 BTC in blocks, which is 320 blocks a month ... really? ~10 blocks a day you have to payout 1% bonus to each of the miners?
That is also assuming that 100% of the miners on the pool are not hardware owned by you.
10 Blocks a day at the moment is ... 23PHs of miners that are not part of BAN ...

However, if instead it's treated as a variance offset ...
offsetting variance regularly is necessary when pool luck is negative but becomes profit when pool luck is positive.
So if you say that $20,000 a month is "offsetting variance" then that means you are 80BTC + 1% block find, under 101% luck every month.
Calculating it that way instead, it's 3.2 blocks under luck every month.
If you are finding 38 blocks a month (well Feb you found 38 + 1 orphan) and 101% of the pool expected was ~38*25 + 80, then the expected blocks found was ~41.2 which is 101% luck, so 100% would be ~40.8 blocks, so pool luck is always around ... 38/40.8 = 93% ouch ... something is wrong if it is always 93% every month ... however, again, that is assuming that all the miners on the pool are not BAN or some subsidiary of BAN or some shelf company trying to not be related to BAN Smiley
If you do actually mine on your pool, then that 93% is worse.

Anyway,
PPS isn't block related. So orphans are not relevant.
You make it block related by not paying out PPS to everyone until you have enough BTC from the non-orphan blocks.
That isn't PPS no matter how long your mostly irrelevant post is.

Yes.. now with the current delayed payments people do take a risk.. but they can mine a little.. test things.. mine somewhere else and wait. The idea here is to offer people another alternative...
Glad you confirmed that.
That isn't PPS.

I like mining and I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't feel I have to for my own reasons. I have 3 employees now helping with this not including me.

... ok... now to get back to work.
No idea what that has to do as an excuse to claim the pool is PPS when it doesn't meet the definition.
But since the pool is some side idea, unimportant to that work you need to get back to, and you don't have the time to deal with, even to update the forum post details so they are correct, why not just delete the whole thread and remove the pool from here also Tongue
You rarely if ever reply on your pool thread you created and the time "recently" you did, you also said you would later post details ... which you never bothered to.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=854368.msg10484531#msg10484531

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:55:20 AM

BTC mining pool?
Proxy pool?

If you don't mine blocks, what are your miners mining?

the miners are mining altcoins which are exchanged into bitcoin before payment. hence the bitcoin multipool.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 06:39:48 AM

the miners are mining altcoins which are exchanged into bitcoin before payment. hence the bitcoin multipool.

OK, I understand, you're mining altcoins and paying out bitcoin.

This list is for bitcoin mining pools, rather than altcoin mining pools. If the community wants to include altcoin mining pools that pay out btc, I'll consider it.

infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:25:32 AM

This list is for bitcoin mining pools, rather than altcoin mining pools. If the community wants to include altcoin mining pools that pay out btc, I'll consider it.

Okay thats understandable I thought I noticed a multipool on the front page so thats why I brought it up. Just trying to do a bit more advertising since my testing has gone smoothly.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 07:27:42 AM

Sorry to disappoint, but I'd assumed that what Kano had written was correct. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with a "Pay per block" approach - it seems to be a good way to reduce your variance and help the pool survive bad luck.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 07:31:23 AM

Okay thats understandable I thought I noticed a multipool on the front page so thats why I brought it up. Just trying to do a bit more advertising since my testing has gone smoothly.

Multipools are ok if they're either mining bitcoin or sending their hashes to a bitcoin pool (as a proxy). I think your idea of mining alts and paying btc is a good idea, so why not offer btc mining as well?

infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:03:14 AM

Multipools are ok if they're either mining bitcoin or sending their hashes to a bitcoin pool (as a proxy). I think your idea of mining alts and paying btc is a good idea, so why not offer btc mining as well?

You are correct. And i really would like to do that but I'm working with Nomp so I havent quite figured out a way to use an upstream bitcoin pool (essentially being a proxy to it) since in the original code there was a lot of work needed to be done still, I have been making my own adjustments to the software to get the multipool running and for some essential stats. But I havent figured out a way to calculate the stats properly for a proxy pool. if i was able to get enough hashrate i would love to contribute toward the bitcoin network too but currently the amount of hash i have wont suffice.
remadio

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:14:34 AM

i tried and found PPS where is still working is better paid than PPLNS
(in the same pool obviously)
kano
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:59:30 AM

i tried and found PPS where is still working is better paid than PPLNS
(in the same pool obviously)
Ah well, I guess there can be one person in the whole world that can happen to .......

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 10:57:06 AM

You are correct. And i really would like to do that but I'm working with Nomp so I havent quite figured out a way to use an upstream bitcoin pool (essentially being a proxy to it) since in the original code there was a lot of work needed to be done still, I have been making my own adjustments to the software to get the multipool running and for some essential stats. But I havent figured out a way to calculate the stats properly for a proxy pool. if i was able to get enough hashrate i would love to contribute toward the bitcoin network too but currently the amount of hash i have wont suffice.

OK, I understand. Good luck! And think about it - any amount of hashrate contributes to network security, and you could make it a solo pool so you don't need to be concerned about variance.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: