Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:04:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Mining pools list  (Read 745 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 11:28:28 AM

organofcorti,

HHTT pays half of block fees to the miner that finds the block and keeps the other half for itself.

spiccioli

Is this recent?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:02:06 PM

organofcorti,

HHTT pays half of block fees to the miner that finds the block and keeps the other half for itself.

spiccioli

Is this recent?

I'd say since it went PPLNS  at least.

spiccioli
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 09:24:26 AM

Updated. Please post any corrections or errors.

organofcorti,

spiccioli

Is this recent?

I'd say since it went PPLNS  at least.

spiccioli

I'm not sure how I can add that to the existing columns. At the moment p2Pool and HHTT are the only pools that do this.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:49:59 PM

Question: could a pool be merged mining and keeping the extra ~3% for itself, when it publicly claims that it's not? How would one check for this?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:20:54 AM

Question: could a pool be merged mining and keeping the extra ~3% for itself, when it publicly claims that it's not? How would one check for this?
Look at the coinbase for the generate transaction. It will have some conspicuous extra data if they're merge mining.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 12:43:38 AM

Look at the coinbase for the generate transaction. It will have some conspicuous extra data if they're merge mining.

Won't you have to look at the altcoin coinbases as well? Most pools have "xbemm" in their coinbase now, and AFAIK not all of them are merged mining. Or am I looking at the wrong string?

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 12:44:40 AM

The coinbase will typically have "mm" in the field, I think.  Are there other merged mining implementations that don't have mm?

Look at most of EMC's blocks, they have merged mining data in the coinbase field for an idea of what it looks like.

https://blockchain.info/tx/99225fee4f3384c78fc6d64b4e14f88833a84866ab5ccce684dadb8236d685dc

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 12:49:20 AM

The coinbase will typically have "mm" in the field, I think.  Are there other merged mining implementations that don't have mm?

Look at most of EMC's blocks, they have merged mining data in the coinbase field for an idea of what it looks like.

https://blockchain.info/tx/99225fee4f3384c78fc6d64b4e14f88833a84866ab5ccce684dadb8236d685dc

Thanks for that. I'm not sure why, but my implementation of hex - ascii translation replaces all those "�" with actual characters. Instead of "mm" I get "/xbemm/". Anyone know why?

bronan

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:28:43 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2013, 09:52:33 AM by bronan

I am not sure if maxbtc.com should be in the list as a active pool
Since the pool op not responding and almost no real activity is on the pool anymore
I send a message about problems and untill now did not get any answer.
Nothing gets updated regarding the site its all the same old site as it was when it started.

I liked the pool alot because it stats, service and so on are great.
But the lack of a active operator and implementation of new tech like stratum spoils it so long as this is not changing i would avoid to use it
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 12:34:29 PM

Updated. Please post any corrections or errors.

I am not sure if maxbtc.com should be in the list as a active pool
Since the pool op not responding and almost no real activity is on the pool anymore
I send a message about problems and untill now did not get any answer.
Nothing gets updated regarding the site its all the same old site as it was when it started.

I liked the pool alot because it stats, service and so on are great.
But the lack of a active operator and implementation of new tech like stratum spoils it so long as this is not changing i would avoid to use it

It's a live pool. It solved a block this week, and AFAIK miners are being paid.

eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 01:32:17 AM

I have been wondering the same thing.

Namecoin difficulty is 34% of BTC.  Since it would be unprofitable to only mine namecoin, that means that 34% of bitcoin hashes are namecoin mining.

But when I look at the pool data, there doesn't seem to be any way to account for this 34%.

I think a pool operator could do it in a way that you have NO chance to prove it if he likes to do it this way...  Undecided
Because of the anonymity of every NMC address and easy setup of a new NMC client (with another IP address) you have almost NO chance to prove that the found NMC address is coming from this or that pool...  Sad

But I think long term it is much more important to keep the reputation & trust of a pool up and be honest.

Therefore we at Ecki Co LTD officially offer mixed-mining for BTC & NMC since our pool exists (mixed-mining was actually the reason of creating it!) for getwork protocol and since yesterday we offer mixed-mining for Stratum protocol too. Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50862.msg2755798#msg2755798 (German link!)

Just use a pool who pays you the 3,3% extra (NMCs) and you are fine.
I also consider our pool fee of 1% and our transaction fees of 0,005 BTC/NMC/LTC as very moderate.

So if you like to try us register at: https://miner.ecki.net:444

In case of any problems with registration or setup please PM me...

Sunny regards from holiday island Koh Samui (Thailand),
 Ecki
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 11:38:13 AM

Updated. Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

smscotten

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 05:59:17 AM

It looks like bitcoinpool may be down for the count. A few weeks ago the "time on current block" counter went to --d --h --m --s and one of the users on the forum gave a solved block ID that is different from the one listed as the current block. Which may not mean anything but neither FairUser or Geebus have responded to PMs here or to miners posting on the pool's forum. Miners are complaining about not being paid for the block solved in May. I can state firsthand that I haven't been paid for the block which may have been solved in July, but on the other hand I can't prove that there was a block solved.

The site is throwing 404s more often than not; my guess is that the operators just decided they didn't want the hassle any longer.

If there's still life left in it I apologize but it sure looks like an abandoned ghost town.

razorfishsl

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 08:18:13 AM

You are missing:

https://www.galaxy-mining.com

He is giving away freebies of  extra  PPS & 2BTC for each block a person discovers...(next 5 only obviously........)

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 09:13:59 AM

It looks like bitcoinpool may be down for the count. A few weeks ago the "time on current block" counter went to --d --h --m --s and one of the users on the forum gave a solved block ID that is different from the one listed as the current block. Which may not mean anything but neither FairUser or Geebus have responded to PMs here or to miners posting on the pool's forum. Miners are complaining about not being paid for the block solved in May. I can state firsthand that I haven't been paid for the block which may have been solved in July, but on the other hand I can't prove that there was a block solved.

The site is throwing 404s more often than not; my guess is that the operators just decided they didn't want the hassle any longer.

If there's still life left in it I apologize but it sure looks like an abandoned ghost town.

They're still hashing away, and while they didn't solve a block this week, they did last week. Or maybe the week before? Thanks for the heads up though.

You are missing:

https://www.galaxy-mining.com

He is giving away freebies of  extra  PPS & 2BTC for each block a person discovers...(next 5 only obviously........)

That's because they didn't post their pools' data here and request I add it. It has been added none the less.

joris

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:26:16 AM

FYI: Itzod changed to variable diff, 2 up to 512 - https://pool.itzod.ru/rounds

;-)
dbitcoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 09:27:46 AM

organofcorti please add to list BTCDig pool.

Reward method: DGM

Pool     Fee reward?  Variable difficulty?   Local work?   orphans?  ASIC ready? Merged mining?
btcdig.com    2%       20SPM / UserDiff        Yes                No           Yes                 No

BTCDig - mining pool (Stratum, VarDiff, DGM, SSL, JSON API)
smscotten

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 10:34:06 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 04:30:44 AM by smscotten

They're still hashing away, and while they didn't solve a block this week, they did last week. Or maybe the week before? Thanks for the heads up though.

I guess it's technically a pool since you can point a miner at it and it will give you work to do, if you have an existing account. But it's a pool no one can join (website returns 404 Not Found 100% 99% of the time for the last week, 75% of the time before that) and which apparently hasn't paid miners in months:

https://www.bitcoinpool.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6835
https://www.bitcoinpool.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6242

If they did solve a block in July, the website did not say so even while it was up, that information was not posted to their twitter, and the notification emails didn't go out to miners who had opted for notification. I've been trying to load the page at least once a day; there ain't no there there. I wouldn't want to punish a pool for having technical difficulties, but this is far beyond a bit of downtime. It's either abandoned by the operators or it is essentially a scam to see how long miners will keep hashing without payouts.

I guess keeping it listed doesn't do any harm since no one new can join it.  Huh

Edit: Yeah, of course the site becomes visible again right after I declare that it is gone gone gone. Ugh. Sorry.

The deal appears to be this: bitcoinpool.com is running. But a couple months ago, apparently the operator disabled post-round processing, payments, and notifications. There's a widget that shows which services are enabled on the "charts" page. So if the site is up when you get there you may be able to create a mining account and start mining. And maybe someday the operators will turn that back on and pay the past few months of mining. Whatever my complaints are, it is at least technically an active pool. Sorry for all the hassle.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 07:12:35 AM

I guess it's technically a pool since you can point a miner at it and it will give you work to do, if you have an existing account. But it's a pool no one can join (website returns 404 Not Found 100% 99% of the time for the last week, 75% of the time before that) and which apparently hasn't paid miners in months:

https://www.bitcoinpool.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6835
https://www.bitcoinpool.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6242

If they did solve a block in July, the website did not say so even while it was up, that information was not posted to their twitter, and the notification emails didn't go out to miners who had opted for notification. I've been trying to load the page at least once a day; there ain't no there there. I wouldn't want to punish a pool for having technical difficulties, but this is far beyond a bit of downtime. It's either abandoned by the operators or it is essentially a scam to see how long miners will keep hashing without payouts.

I guess keeping it listed doesn't do any harm since no one new can join it.  Huh

Edit: Yeah, of course the site becomes visible again right after I declare that it is gone gone gone. Ugh. Sorry.

The deal appears to be this: bitcoinpool.com is running. But a couple months ago, apparently the operator disabled post-round processing, payments, and notifications. There's a widget that shows which services are enabled on the "charts" page. So if the site is up when you get there you may be able to create a mining account and start mining. And maybe someday the operators will turn that back on and pay the past few months of mining. Whatever my complaints are, it is at least technically an active pool. Sorry for all the hassle.

No hassle at all - if you have concerns about a pool, this is as good a place as any to air them. Thanks for letting us all know.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 07:24:17 AM

FYI: Itzod changed to variable diff, 2 up to 512 - https://pool.itzod.ru/rounds

Updated - thanks for posting.

organofcorti please add to list BTCDig pool.

Reward method: DGM

Pool     Fee reward?  Variable difficulty?   Local work?   orphans?  ASIC ready? Merged mining?
btcdig.com    2%       20SPM / UserDiff        Yes                No           Yes                 No

Added - good luck! Does this mean you're no longer associated with BTCMine?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: