Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:58:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The most frustrating thing about crypto  (Read 4330 times)
owmivmen

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:57:41 AM

It's just a system error from the exchange place. not all bad blockchain technology. much to the benefit of blockchain technology in real life today.
Asawakobana2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:12:54 AM

The most frustrating thing in crypto in when we are being victimize buy some scam ICO. I believe that it is really frustrating specially to the bounty hunters that is really working hard everyday and night and at the end they can get nothing, until now I really wonder why there are people that do such bad thing with their neighbors. We are both have a dreams and we all have needs. Why we should not do it in a fair way?
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:20:33 AM

And that is exchanges who are keeping coins/tokens hostile for a long period of time. When I deposit or withdrawal from an exchange often times it just keeps it in pending status. Now I'm waiting for an idex deposit, 4 hours passed. My worst case was a withdrawal at cryptopia which took 30 days.

Crypto is not ready to be adopted by the masses. Lots of suicides would be the result...
I think you should look for another better exchangers not that one youre using because i think thats a noob actions from experiencing troubles but uet doing nothing.

For me whats my frustrating experience here in crypto is when i got to earn big amount of tokens from ico but the exchanges that has my coins got hacked so i didnt co to sell my tokens instantly and when the issue has done.my tokens almost died and i have very cheap income
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:39:01 AM

And that is exchanges who are keeping coins/tokens hostile for a long period of time. When I deposit or withdrawal from an exchange often times it just keeps it in pending status. Now I'm waiting for an idex deposit, 4 hours passed. My worst case was a withdrawal at cryptopia which took 30 days.

Crypto is not ready to be adopted by the masses. Lots of suicides would be the result...
Obviously these are some major challenges faced by cryptos users, there had been growing concern about how exchanges operates these days mostly delaying many transactions thus frustrating traders which is really annoying, I believed part of this problem is non complainant and non adoption of scaling issues (Lightning Network) if this is addressed by exchanges there is the tendency having a swift and fast transactions.
Emmy92

Activity: 837

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:48:20 AM

Every invention oasses through restructuring, crypto Is not left out, with time worthy exchanges will surface. Blockchain technology I still evolving, just wait for it..
miyat23

Activity: 235
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:51:40 AM

It is happening to me right now. I deposit 100,000 MK token (Mankind First) in octaex.com exchange last february but until last week there was still no volume so decided to withdraw it and put it to other exchange. Last few days i check the withdraw status  but still in  processing,  I send email to the support but they don't also reply. And now I check there site i can't log in anymore.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:36:48 AM

I think this has been a major issue but mostly this is due to low gas or gwei selection or the issue arises when the soecific exchange is having some issues, on the network side i know ethereum is rapidly developing and doing system and network upgrades to improve scalability and avoid network congestion.
It’s not always about the crypto currencies that take time for confirmation, it’s mainly the exchanges and wallets that keep coins hostile for some time and then display the balance.

There are coins like XRP, etc that does transactions in matter of seconds, but the balance is displayed on exchanges in minutes or hours. And about ETH, it still needs to improve its scalability a long way before it can match coins like XRP, NEO, etc.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:20:53 AM

Crypto trading exchanges have a complicated working algorithm and sometimes it might take time to confirm deposits and withdrawals. But 30 days is way too much as you said happened with you on cryptopia. I would suggest you to use better exchanges such as binance, bitfinix, coinbase, etc. I personally use Binance and my deposits and withdrawals are usually confirmed in less than an hour.

The way to avoid these problems of unprofessional behavior is to stick to top 3 exchanges or so, and keep other coins you have in a non exchange wallet, until they are listed and ready to be traded on a world class crypto exchange.
True. These problems aren’t an issue on top crypto trading exchanges such as binance, etc. Just keep those coins on an exchange that you plan to trade or sell shortly. Keep the rest of your coins in a ledger nano or offline wallet in order to ensure security of your tokens. I usually prefer using more than 2 exchanges for trading because if one gets stuck with some technical issue, I can rely on the others in emergency situations.
Talat10gu

Activity: 279
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:20:19 AM

It’s not the worst here. Be careful and wait for your income. This delay can be connected with technical features. Don’t panic.

Philip Ruby

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:59:09 AM

KYC is really frustrating sometimes. Some require documents you simply do not have in your country.
Yangjiahong

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:05:01 AM

In fact, you can choose other trading platforms instead of staying here. You don't have to complain, because there are many choices. It's not depressing.
3kpk3

Activity: 938
Merit: 148

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:07:05 AM

The extreme volatility of this crypto market is clearly the most frustrating and pleasing aspect at the same time in my opinion. How is it both frustrating and pleasing simultaneously? The extreme spikes provide opportunities to earn profits or incur losses regularly which is why this market is extremely risky to invest into. The scammers and hackers plaguing this market are also frustrating aspects of this market.

vova.andreyan.94

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:04:11 AM

The fact is that now the command etherium often conducts various modifications, and therefore such difficulties can sometimes arise!
agorist13

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:09:12 AM

Exchanges are most frustrating thing about crypto, and are arguably antithetical to what crypto was supposed to be about. They centralize an entity that was supposed to be trustless. They also stand as the easiest target for governments and hackers and banks to attack cryptocurrencies and the blockchain. Even Vitalik is saying he hopes centralized exchanges burn in hell. These exchanges are easily the biggest barrier to crypto being massively adopted.
bluemoon84

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:12:32 AM

The way to avoid these problems of unprofessional behavior is to stick to top 3 exchanges or so, and keep other coins you have in a non exchange wallet, until they are listed. I agree with your opinion. Waited for verification on bittrex for about 3 months and do not consider this situation normal. On a regular trading stock market, verification lasts no more than 3 days and this period can be considered a long process.
MichleDow

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:21:32 AM

You just do not need to use non-sticky and not known exchanges. I repeatedly withdraw and put on deposit on Binance or Bittrex and I never had such problems. And if you decide to use Cryptopia on which many users are constantly complaining then this is your problem
kreon112

Activity: 102

Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:22:48 AM

This sad probable result could take place even if all of participants of cryptocurrency market would not have patience. But they also could not work here without it at all.

GYM Ledger  //  The World's 1st Health Band with Integrated Hardware Wallet
https://gymledger.com/
Join Pre-SALE  |  OCTOBER 1st
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:43:49 AM

I can say that IDEX is a good exchanger but there is always a problem in some exchanger that can't fix in just an hour. They are fixing it in a schedule so that some other investors or traders will not get disturbed while trading. The blockchain is the problem here they are looking some time to get the lowest fee in it.
GulpoRu

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:08:03 PM

Well you can move to another trade which doesn't do what keeps you disappointed. That is not what baffle me in crypto, what does it that you keep the coins for more than years but the value still is the same as what it use to. You have been sitting tight for a considerable length of time but the value which you hope to be more than jsut a penny weren't going on still. its baffling to see that you have spilled out the entirety of your reserve funds yet it hasn't developed while the token that you thought won't be dynamic is pushing ahead and is presently worth more than $5.
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:30:42 PM

Why the hell you are juming from problems with withdrawals from exchanges to suicides. Complete madness.

Idex is decentralised and in most cases the slow withdrawals is due the eth network probems and the exchange is nothing to do with that.
Some exchnages can take longer but that is why one should do research before starting to use any exchnage.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: