Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:14:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is facebook creating their own crypto?  (Read 26075 times)
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1345

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:11:58 PM

Heard a rumor that facebook  was thinking about launching their own crypto. What do you guys think about this?
Maybe they gonna launch a bounty platform like https://bountyhive.io, https://bounties.biz, etc. But creating there own crypto currency is totally out of the picture. Besides they are already dominate the social media patforms.
It is very doubtful that Facebook it is going to create a bounty platform like bountyhive why would they do that? It does not make a lot of sense, for what I know Facebook is researching about the blockchain but I do not know if they are going to create a cryptocurrency it seems unlikely to me since they will not get any kind of gain if they do it.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 116

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:28:13 AM

In my opinion, this information is impossible to happen especially during this period due to the existence of many problems like, the pressure of the governments in the social media to eliminate digital currencies, So there is a total rejection of cryptocurrencies especially Bitcoin in many countries (governments). Furthermore, I think that Facebook wants to create their own crypto, because this field is very successful and profitable, but regrettably, they cannot make this decision without the acceptance of major governments.

On the other hand, the era of blockchain changed everything for the best in different fields, and thanks to this technology, you can take a shortcut way for the success of your project (like, New Coin.. and other things), but unfortunately, some countries do not know the value and importance of Blockchain in order to facilitate the realization many projects.
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:48:55 AM

In my opinion, this information is impossible to happen especially during this period due to the existence of many problems like, the pressure of the governments in the social media to eliminate digital currencies, So there is a total rejection of cryptocurrencies especially Bitcoin in many countries (governments). Furthermore, I think that Facebook wants to create their own crypto, because this field is very successful and profitable, but regrettably, they cannot make this decision without the acceptance of major governments.

On the other hand, the era of blockchain changed everything for the best in different fields, and thanks to this technology, you can take a shortcut way for the success of your project (like, New Coin.. and other things), but unfortunately, some countries do not know the value and importance of Blockchain in order to facilitate the realization many projects.
These are all not the major problems for the crypto all of them are manageable and all of them will be solved and the crypto will be on fair way once again. The problem with facebook is facebook. They have a lot of things to do to make their platform more better. They have many issues on the way, The most dangerous out of them is the fake accounts on facebook which spread rumors and false news about different institutions and many of them are involved in frauds.
Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:25:54 PM

I don't think facebook are creating their own crypto currency, as there is no proof to that effect.
With 2 billion+ registered users it would be an instant hit.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
akamit

Activity: 1498
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:44:36 PM

I don't think facebook are creating their own crypto currency, as there is no proof to that effect.

If it is true (which I don't consider as true), then the FB crypto will be one of the successful ones in no time.
But that 2 billion+ users are not crypto users... from 2 billion, how many are crypto users? If I guess then it could be 10m max.
If FB launches its own coin then there will be no need of those 2 billion users from FB, current active crypto users will eat all the coins.  Roll Eyes
meusyou

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 10:38:50 PM

With Facebook ban on cryptocurrency advert, I really doubt the authenticity of this information but it might happen in the future when virtually all corporations would have been decentralised.

IOVO | INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
# THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK
Darerando

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:58:20 AM

Maybe, but I'm not certain because of the ban of cryptocurrency on Facebook has already showed a negative impact, so why on earth would they want to creat what they banned?
eaphrodites

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:24:57 AM

Ive hear rumors as well.  Of course with their power and influence, I imagine a coin that they would create would have USE as well as POPULARITY.  Cheesy
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:43:03 AM

Maybe, but I'm not certain because of the ban of cryptocurrency on Facebook has already showed a negative impact, so why on earth would they want to creat what they banned?

facebook only ban those ico and other crypto related ads that may seem to be shady but they are not totally banning crypto ads because as of now i still be able to see some of them whenever i browse my facebook timeline.

Banning other ico's or crypto ads is also (maybe) their strategy because they do not want others to encourage those kind of investments but instead facebook only wants thier own coin to be discovered by the public.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:52:44 AM

You may haven't heard of the news? although it's just a speculation and rumor.
Facebook expected to launch own cryptocurrency following reports of hires to newly formed Blockchain team
bart_to_bart

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 08:28:26 AM

Mark Zuckerberg said this at the end of 2017. He was going to actively study the blockade and crypto-currencies. So you should expect the release of new coins from Facebook
devinede

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:25:56 AM

if they do that will be bad lol, they banned other coin from advertising on their platform but want to use what they are banning it does not make much sense well lets wait and see
ICOMain.io

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 10:59:30 AM

Maybe yes, maybe no. But FB banned cryptocurrency advertisements... Who know if they are going to promote for themselves. LOL
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 11:01:42 AM

facebook set up for cryptocurrency look like a long-term venture and integrate most of the social media tools into blockchain and crypto currency
There is big risk in starting Facebook own currency because already there are more than 1000 crypto in the market and many of them became scam because no funding is there and those who invested in such ICOs lost all their money. People trust big currencies the most and it is not easy for new ICO to make place in crypto currency market.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:45:36 PM

facebook set up for cryptocurrency look like a long-term venture and integrate most of the social media tools into blockchain and crypto currency
There is big risk in starting Facebook own currency because already there are more than 1000 crypto in the market and many of them became scam because no funding is there and those who invested in such ICOs lost all their money. People trust big currencies the most and it is not easy for new ICO to make place in crypto currency market.

Really stupid to see that you are comparing the shit ICO project and facebook upcoming altcoin. These both are standing in the biggest range so do not think facebook and the other altcoins are in same place that is what I expected you to say.
Please find the ICO projects listed on exchange with the CMC. Once you find the ICO projects on the exchange you can sell and make out money. These ICO projects have that kind of worth but if facebook comes with the new coin, we will find that coin as the good investment.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:31:10 PM

There is no proof to that but does not mean the possibility may not be there. We are seeing so many social media platforms on the blockchain opening already and there is an absolute chance that they may also be considering the idea of introducing blockchain technology into the platform.

Still, this is not something that we should just keep assuming as time will tell what eventually happens with Facebook as to this effect or not and I see no reason why they would not want to tap into the technology anyway as that is what any smart company in their position will do, but could be in anyway.
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:46:57 PM

There is no proof and there is no any point from the originated from the facebook team or from the owner of the facebook that they are creating their own coin. So we do not need to believe on that.

Plus if facebook ever decide to start their own coin then it will be a coin where people from all of the world will invest in it even those people will invest in this coin who do not know about crypto.
cabron

Activity: 2870
Merit: 603

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 05:05:54 PM

There is no proof and there is no any point from the originated from the facebook team or from the owner of the facebook that they are creating their own coin. So we do not need to believe on that.

Plus if facebook ever decide to start their own coin then it will be a coin where people from all of the world will invest in it even those people will invest in this coin who do not know about crypto.

I'd like to believe facebook will create their own blockchain and token for their  economy, its all a win win situation for them. A lot of us I think  will be buying their token even if they will not be doing ICO. Other option they  can do is to partner a team with an existing token like likecoin or anycoin which they can at least have millions of it.

Coleen

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:38:29 AM

No not really facebook creating their own crypto, but people using facebook they will keep on sharing or promoting crypto to join in campaign.
Bugatti73

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:55:08 PM

Maybe that's why facebook  banned publicity of other ICO crypto-projects  to promote their own coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: