Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:50:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636405 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:59:56 PM

For the record...I dont go to any one media site, except one...I go to the cbc everyday, because my tax dollars fund that shit.  I do go to drudge report and a lot of other sites.  I go to leftie sites and i go to righties sites.  If you dont go to both, then you only getting half the story.  I dont like sites that I cant comment on and I tend to stay away from those sites.  Everyone has an agenda, so much propaganda.  Here's another quote.

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”
Mark Twain

Sites which don't have an easy-to-find and easy-to-use comments section are a big red flag saying 'fake news' to me.  I also try to look at news sources from all sides even if I have to force myself, but when one does not have a comments section, I strike it of my list.

Basically 'fake news' cannot survive when there is a comments section.  When they publish fake news it is immediately called out.  I often skim the comments before taking the time to really read the article (as opposed to quickly skimming it.)

Another class of news outfit will have a comments section, but it is highly edited.  Unfortunately the only way to find that out is to make a comment which has no reason to be scrubbed except that it makes a good counter-point, then see it be scrubbed anyway.  I've learned from experience that both OregonLive and TYT are both in this category.  OregonLive is some on-line implementation of one of the state of Oregon's main print newspapers.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Basically 'fake news' cannot survive when there is a comments section.  When they publish fake news it is immediately called out.  I often skim the comments before taking the time to really read the article (as opposed to quickly skimming it.)...

There's also the fact that the comments are almost always hilarious and much more interesting than  the article.

SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 02:49:03 AM

Basically 'fake news' cannot survive when there is a comments section.  When they publish fake news it is immediately called out.  I often skim the comments before taking the time to really read the article (as opposed to quickly skimming it.)...

There's also the fact that the comments are almost always hilarious and much more interesting than  the article.

Thats true too, but more and more sites are getting rid of their comment sections.
Perle

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 11:48:24 AM

For the record...I dont go to any one media site, except one...I go to the cbc everyday, because my tax dollars fund that shit.  I do go to drudge report and a lot of other sites.  I go to leftie sites and i go to righties sites.  If you dont go to both, then you only getting half the story.  I dont like sites that I cant comment on and I tend to stay away from those sites.  Everyone has an agenda, so much propaganda.  Here's another quote.

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”
Mark Twain
I agree completely with this statement. Now the world is ruled by money and for the sake of earning arranged the whole disinformation of the company. Remember the tale about the bird and swine flu.
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:49:44 PM

Mark Twain
I agree completely with this statement. Now the world is ruled by money and for the sake of earning arranged the whole disinformation of the company. Remember the tale about the bird and swine flu.

you must be reading what im reading because i did read an interesting article on the cdc and swine flu.  which reminds me, that i should maybe watch vaxxed sooner or later.  disclaimer, my son had a reaction to mmr.

wasnt there a scientist at the cdc that was into beastility, some woman?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/11/kimberly-quinlan-lindsey_n_1004881.html

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 09:07:03 AM

kind reminder

beafheart

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:44:55 AM

Very stupid tactic. When there are no arguments to convince their opponents the easiest way to deny to deny his theory. On this way went to the Islamists. In many Muslim countries there is a punishment for denying Islam.
myparentsdisownedme

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:45:47 PM

Reddit is just a cesspit of people circle jerking their opinion off

You have to go to smaller subreddits to keep the conversation real
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 04:38:11 PM

Reddit is just a cesspit of people circle jerking their opinion off

You have to go to smaller subreddits to keep the conversation real

The CEO of Reddit Steve "fuck u/spez" (((Huffman))) modded r/cannibals.
Prohodimec

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 07:29:29 PM

To the scientific world, this tactic is not familiar. It seems to me that scientists could not make such a decision. Sure it could go only to politicians and businessmen who earn a lot of money.

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████
████    █ ███████    ██ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    █ ▄▄▄ ███    ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    █ ███ ███    ██ █████ █████
████    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█    ██ █████ █████
████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀████
▄▄▄▄                            ▄▄▄
█████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████
 ████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████
   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀   
bluenote.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

█▀▀▀█▀▄
█   █  ▀▄
█   ▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▀▀█▀▄   █
█  █  ▀▄ █
█  ▀▀▀▀█ █
█ ▀▀▀▀ █▄█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Summary
WhitePaper
mainpmf

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:55:21 PM

I am sure that the problem with climate change is there, but I'm not sure that this is a consequence of human activity. It was also the times to the people when the earth had periods of warming and cooling.

It's just a little sped up due the industrial revolution and heavy usage of fossil fuel, but yeah it's natural occurrence.
Probably a fair assessment.  Be funny if that "little speed up" protects us from a little ice age that seems to be coming, wouldn't it?

If anything saves us it will be the spraying program. Lets hope they can stave off the warming long enough to avoid the coming ice age.

It seems to me that the warming is somewhat contrived theme. In my country the average temperature has not changed. Though of course increased extreme weather. Yesterday was -15 and today +1

Oh well if you didn't see a change in your daily life I don't see why we should worry then.

I guess NASA measures must be wrong. Otherwise you would definitely feel something. Seems obvious to me.

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 12:57:45 AM

Of the hottest years on record, 15 out of 17 have come since 2000. By contrast, more than a century has gone by since the planet had a record cold year (1911). In addition, this marks 39 years in a row with above average global temperatures and 372 months in a row with global temperatures above average.

Source: http://www.climatecentral.org/gallery/graphics/the-10-hottest-years-on-record

OK, so this data seems compelling, especially when we take into account the correlation between the increase in temperature and the increase in CO2 in the atmosphere:

Source: http://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/24/

I understand that the Earth's temperature has fluctuated a lot more in the past than it is now, but never with the same correlation of CO2 concentration in the atmosphere.
I also understand that the concentration of CO2 has often lagged behind the temperature changes in the past, but as I understand it this is a two way street - if the CO2 concentration gets too high, too quickly, it can certainly cause warming and a feedback loop. Just because this hasn't happened in the past doesn't mean it isn't happening now.

Not to mention there could be other effects of such a rapid warming, such as methane being released from permafrost, causing the feedback loop to become even more extreme.

Another interesting link regarding the authorities/groups of scientists that are actually measuring the changes in temperature - It seems that there are 4 independent bodies producing datasets in this field:

https://www.carbonbrief.org/explainer-how-do-scientists-measure-global-temperature

Although not a huge amount of datasets, their data seems to correlate reasonably closely as far as I can see, and it's certainly not a single organisation making up data as they go along.

Yes, many of the earlier climate models that people shouted about 5-20 years ago were way off, but that doesn't mean that the current data is wrong. Past performance is not necessarily an indication of future performance - you just need to look at the Bitcoin charts to see that!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:06:39 AM

[img]http://assets.climatecentral.org/images....

Of the hottest years on record, 15 out of 17 have come since 2000. By contrast, more than a century has gone by since the planet had a record cold year (1911). In addition, this marks 39 years in a row with above average global temperatures and 372 months in a row with global temperatures above average.

I certainly hope the new administration will put a halt to this pro-global-warming hysterical propaganda in the first 100 days.

Read the following carefully.

If after a year or two of the OBVIOUS PROPAGANDA and lies having been stopped, un pressured and objective scientific discussion indicates us bad boys are the cause of the nightmarish fiery doom these wackos say is inevitable, then I will accept it.

For now, no.  Fuck your bullshit.
valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:10:50 AM

I certainly hope the new administration will put a halt to this pro-global-warming hysterical propaganda in the first 100 days.

If after a year or two of the OBVIOUS PROPAGANDA and lies having been stopped, un pressured and objective scientific discussion indicates us bad boys are the cause of the nightmarish fiery doom these wackos say is inevitable, then I will accept it.

Problem is that you claim scientists aren't objective. Why? What kind of pressure do they have?

Is that because they're paid by the government?
Well here's a news: scientific studies have to be funded by something or someone.

The question is: do you think a state funded study is more objective that a petrol company funded study?
Pretty obvious for me though.

Unless you have a solution to get scientists to become "unpressured and totally objective"?

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:24:43 AM

Problem is that you claim scientists aren't objective. Why? What kind of pressure do they have?

Is that because they're paid by the government?
Well here's a news: scientific studies have to be funded by something or someone.

The question is: do you think a state funded study is more objective that a petrol company funded study?
Pretty obvious for me though.

Unless you have a solution to get scientists to become "unpressured and totally objective"?

This has not just been discussed, but also extensively documented. 

It is a very good and pertinent question, I grant you.
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:43:17 AM

So you admit that the warming is real? That's funny, last time I remember discussing this with you I seem to remember you claiming that the data was false because the measurement methods were taken from the surface, rather than from the atmosphere.

So to get this straight, you're now claiming that the warming IS real, but humans are not responsible?

What is your explanation for the uniquely extreme increase of CO2 in the atmosphere, never seen before, and it's correlation to the extreme rise in surface temperature over the last 50-100 years? Coincidence?
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:41:03 AM

What is your explanation for the uniquely extreme increase of CO2 in the atmosphere, never seen before, and it's correlation to the extreme rise in surface temperature over the last 50-100 years? Coincidence?

CO2 lags temp.  The temp increase took a pause from about 20 years ago and CO2 is catching up.  Nothing especially mysterious about it, and nothing especially scary about 400 parts per million...it's still a trace gas and we are in geological terms at very low concentrations.  In trace concentrations it is easier for large percentage swings to occur.  Plants are much happier now.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:51:36 AM

Oh, BTW, I bought 'The Climate Hustle' vid.  It was actually pretty good.

I showed it to my fam who are hard-core progressives and have bought the climate scam hook, line, and sinker.  Even they admited that it was pretty good and eye-opening.

mainpmf

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:17:36 AM

So you admit that the warming is real? That's funny, last time I remember discussing this with you I seem to remember you claiming that the data was false because the measurement methods were taken from the surface, rather than from the atmosphere.

So to get this straight, you're now claiming that the warming IS real, but humans are not responsible?

Pretty much.

That's the only argument of climate skeptical people. That all observations are just correlation and no cause-consequences proven facts.

Which is perfectly true, but the problem is that all climate question are global chaotic problems! So you just CANT prove anything 100%. You can only create models for experiments, you can't create a new planet on the side juste to check if what you think is real...

So as nothing can be 100% proven, logic would lead to at least take this correlation as a serious matter...

████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 12:43:31 PM

Reddit is very cautious about the posts in their site. It is a possibility that the post in global warming as caused by humans is not very substantial. If thats the case the reason is very legit. But if your opinion is correct then possibly reddit is being controlled by multinationals especially the oil producing industries that has a big contribution to air pollution and global warming.

If you really believe that an information dissemination campaign is necessary then you should make a blog and recruit concern citizens to spread this important news around the globe. Remember, many heads is better than one.
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: