Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:10:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636401 times)
valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:45:06 PM

And I agree with you, it's not the best correlation I've ever seen.
But I guess that if we can show a clear similar trend between the two with your extremely limited dataset and graph plot I'd say that it's already a good sign of the general analysis.

Especially considering I gave you like 4 or 5 different studies showing a correlation but that you just... refused.
You just refuse my studies and arguments. You don't negate them you just refuse to consider them because they don't suit your point of view.

In fact I don't even know why I'm still here...

I gave you precise arguments supported my multiple studies, datasets and explanations.

You refused them without the slightest argument. Your only argument was "a study from 1958 to nowadays is not enough" but you never brought a more general one showing my claim was wrong.

A study and a correlation from 1958 forward is not enough if the prior hundred years ALSO SHOWS A VERY SIMILAR WARMING PATTERN.  Only by cutting that out can you produce the "Alarming Data" from 1958 forward.  If you agree that the prior hundred years was a constant CO2, then we could do a proper correlation, by taking the beginning Hawaii data from 1958 and running it backwards.

Agreed?

I don't understand your sentence.
You mean that before 1917 it was a constant CO2 level that's what you mean?
Well the answer is obviously no because CO2 level changes constantly. But it was mainly a natural change if that's what you mean. And before 1850 it was only natural (or at least on a vast majority I suppose). But first thesis stating that CO2 could lead to global warming are back from 1870's if I remember well.
So no or few human produced CO2 before 1850 I agree with that.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:59:20 PM

And I agree with you, it's not the best correlation I've ever seen.
But I guess that if we can show a clear similar trend between the two with your extremely limited dataset and graph plot I'd say that it's already a good sign of the general analysis.

Especially considering I gave you like 4 or 5 different studies showing a correlation but that you just... refused.
You just refuse my studies and arguments. You don't negate them you just refuse to consider them because they don't suit your point of view.

In fact I don't even know why I'm still here...

I gave you precise arguments supported my multiple studies, datasets and explanations.

You refused them without the slightest argument. Your only argument was "a study from 1958 to nowadays is not enough" but you never brought a more general one showing my claim was wrong.

A study and a correlation from 1958 forward is not enough if the prior hundred years ALSO SHOWS A VERY SIMILAR WARMING PATTERN.  Only by cutting that out can you produce the "Alarming Data" from 1958 forward.  If you agree that the prior hundred years was a constant CO2, then we could do a proper correlation, by taking the beginning Hawaii data from 1958 and running it backwards.

Agreed?

I don't understand your sentence.
You mean that before 1917 it was a constant CO2 level that's what you mean?
Well the answer is obviously no because CO2 level changes constantly. But it was mainly a natural change if that's what you mean. And before 1850 it was only natural (or at least on a vast majority I suppose). But first thesis stating that CO2 could lead to global warming are back from 1870's if I remember well.
So no or few human produced CO2 before 1850 I agree with that.

I am saying you cannot pick the data and date ranges that only support your argument, if a longer series throws that into question.

Look at the second chart in this article for historical CO2 patterns.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/06/04/dr-vincent-gray-on-historical-carbon-dioxide-levels/

Specifically my assertion is that we could, just for fun, use a nonvariant 280 ppm from 1880-1957, and then use the Hawaii data from then forward.

That would allow taking a correlation between T and CO2 for that longer time series.  Realize your correlation will go way, way down.  And you just lost your argument.

Look, this is not complicated so let's please not act like it is, and let's not act or behave like the average guy cannot understand it.  
valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 10:07:57 PM

I am saying you cannot pick the data and date ranges that only support your argument, if a longer series throws that into question.

Look at the second chart in this article for historical CO2 patterns.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/06/04/dr-vincent-gray-on-historical-carbon-dioxide-levels/

Specifically my assertion is that we could, just for fun, use a nonvariant 280 ppm from 1880-1957, and then use the Hawaii data from then forward.

That would allow taking a correlation between T and CO2 for that longer time series.  Realize your correlation will go way, way down.

Look, this is not complicated so let's please not act like it is, and let's not act or behave like the average guy cannot understand it. 

Sorry but English is not my native language so it WAS complicated to understand your grammar. Don't act all arrogant because we use a language you master better than me.

I've got 2 problems with what you're saying.

First: https://warmgloblog.blogspot.fr/2013/06/co2-and-temperature-changes-are.html
First graph shows the correlation between CO2 and Temperature variations since 1850 as you asked. Clearly not a constant CO2 level.

Second: https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/globalwarming/temperature-change.html
http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/last_400k_yrs.html
The exact same graph as what you gave me but considering VARIATIONS and not absolute value.
Clearly one of us is wrong. Either your graph or mine but one is complete bullshit. Or I missed something huge.

Problem is that I can't check yours because the source of the graph is extracted from a book or a review (don't know) which I never heard of so... i can't tell if it's serious or not.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 10:09:44 PM

I love the idea of 'oooh spooky conspiracy'.  I guess if you have cognitive issues that prevent from you agreeing with science, that has to be your only out?

If one is to question this premise that it is a paid off conspiracy, you might start with....  Where do they get their funding?  Is it all that money being provided so that those profitable solar companies can do better?  Oh, the whole world is up in arms because a few guys with phds need a job?  It is just nonsensical.

This world is run by oil money. If there is money being put into anything, it is into the skeptic side. Global warming does not agree with oil company profits.

You guys are so ass-backwards.

The whole climate change scam and the reasons behind it are pretty much completely out in the open.  See my last post.

Most of the people calling this spade a spade within the scientific community and without are, like me, pretty much classical liberals.  So it seems in my research at least.....

Yes, bolded above.

"We want to jack up the price of oil (and, see here, chump - we'll just for your own good keep the money we get from jacking the price up)"

Right out in the open.
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 10:12:19 AM

Most actively publishing climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. Not only that, but it's very easy to understand that the fossil fuel industry is the largest industry in the world. Of course they're going to get it in peoples minds that climate change is a hoax, it's how they make money.

mainpmf

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 11:13:33 AM

Most actively publishing climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. Not only that, but it's very easy to understand that the fossil fuel industry is the largest industry in the world. Of course they're going to get it in peoples minds that climate change is a hoax, it's how they make money.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO
NO NO NO NO NO
Don't do that! Don't bring facts here xD

Facts don't matter, logic doesn't matter!
The idea is that your facts are wrong and their facts (mostly coming from blog articles without sources) are right.
That's all folks xD

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

Karloff

Activity: 256

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:42:53 PM

From the website of the us President has disappeared see about program to combat climate change. I think this topic will lose its relevance. Let's see what they will say when the scientists lose funding.
mainpmf

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:14:35 PM

From the website of the us President has disappeared see about program to combat climate change. I think this topic will lose its relevance. Let's see what they will say when the scientists lose funding.

No.
It will lose its place in politics discussion.
Because the orange man doesn't give a fuck about climate change. Why would he? You don't have to care about it when you're billionaire...
But the topic will never lose its relevance.

Truckcoin

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:18:37 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2017, 01:52:43 PM by Spendulus

More correct to say that they believe "some part of the warmign trend is due to human activities."

But, hey, WHAT WARMING?

http://www.woodfortrees.org/plot/gistemp/from:1996/mean:60/plot/uah6/from:1996/mean:60/offset:0.38/plot/uah6/from:1996/mean:60/offset:0.38/trend/plot/gistemp/from:1996/mean:60/trend
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 05:45:36 PM

]More correct to say that they believe "some part of the warmign trend is due to human activities."

But, hey, WHAT WARMING?

http://www.woodfortrees.org/plot/gistemp/from:1996/mean:60/plot/uah6/from:1996/mean:60/offset:0.38/plot/uah6/from:1996/mean:60/offset:0.38/trend/plot/gistemp/from:1996/mean:60/trend

Posting graph is good.
Explaining them is better...

"LOOK A CHART SEE I'M RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT"  Roll Eyes
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 05:47:31 PM

]More correct to say that they believe "some part of the warmign trend is due to human activities."

But, hey, WHAT WARMING?

Posting graph is good.

Sure.  It just shows that satellite measurements of temperature indicate there is not much to worry about regarding global temperatures.
GMPoison

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 05:56:19 PM

But, hey, WHAT WARMING?

Posting graph is good.

Sure.  It just shows that satellite measurements of temperature indicate there is not much to worry about regarding global temperatures.

Why does it only start at 1996 out of curiosity? It shows a much more accurate picture if you set them all to 1880.
ovvidiy

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 06:03:58 PM

No.
Because the orange man doesn't give a fuck about climate change. Why would he? You don't have to care about it when you're billionaire...
If Americans will no longer Fund these studies you may run into problems with the financing of research. Also may be jeopardized Kyoto Protocol. More of America could increase oil consumption.
mainpmf

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 06:42:41 PM

No.
If Americans will no longer Fund these studies you may run into problems with the financing of research. Also may be jeopardized Kyoto Protocol. More of America could increase oil consumption.
How can it endanger Kyoto Protocol?
USA never wanted to sign it...

And happily enough USA isn't the only country funding science xD

Truckcoin

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 07:26:53 PM

But, hey, WHAT WARMING?

Posting graph is good.

Why does it only start at 1996 out of curiosity? It shows a much more accurate picture if you set them all to 1880.
Satellite measurements don't go back to 1880. 
GMPoison

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 07:37:26 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2017, 07:57:31 PM by GMPoison

But, hey, WHAT WARMING?

Posting graph is good.

"LOOK A CHART SEE I'M RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT"  Roll Eyes
Sure.  It just shows that satellite measurements of temperature indicate there is not much to worry about regarding global temperatures.

Then simply go back to 1980 instead of 1996. Even though it's only a few years back, it still shows a more accurate representation of global warming than what you're portraying.  

http://www.woodfortrees.org/plot/gistemp/from:1980/mean:60/plot/uah6/from:1980/mean:60/offset:0.38/plot/uah6/from:1980/mean:60/offset:0.38/trend/plot/gistemp/from:1980/mean:60/trend

Edit: I don't mean to sound like I know it all either, because I honestly don't. I just find it it hard to believe that anyone could deny climate change despite all of the data, despite a scientific consensus, and despite the fact that the largest industry in the world - the fossil fuel industry - has everything to lose by not denying it.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 10:58:19 PM

But, hey, WHAT WARMING?

Posting graph is good.

Sure.  It just shows that satellite measurements of temperature indicate there is not much to worry about regarding global temperatures.

Then simply go back to 1980 instead of 1996. Even though it's only a few years back, it still shows a more accurate representation of global warming than what you're portraying.  

http://www.woodfortrees.org/plot/gistemp/from:1980/mean:60/plot/uah6/from:1980/mean:60/offset:0.38/plot/uah6/from:1980/mean:60/offset:0.38/trend/plot/gistemp/from:1980/mean:60/trend

Edit: I don't mean to sound like I know it all either, because I honestly don't. I just find it it hard to believe that anyone could deny climate change despite all of the data, despite a scientific consensus, and despite the fact that the largest industry in the world - the fossil fuel industry - has everything to lose by not denying it.
Is it the largest industry?  That's interesting.
GMPoison

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 12:52:18 AM

But, hey, WHAT WARMING?

Posting graph is good.

Is it the largest industry?  That's interesting.

Yup. Of the top ten largest companies by revenue oil and gas make up five of them, who combined take the number one spot for most profitable industry in the world with ease at over $1,000,000,000,000 annually.
mainpmf

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 01:38:35 AM

But, hey, WHAT WARMING?

Posting graph is good.

Is it the largest industry?  That's interesting.

Yup. Of the top ten largest companies by revenue oil and gas make up five of them, who combined take the number one spot for most profitable industry in the world with ease at over $1,000,000,000,000 annually.

You... You mean that those people make a lots of money?
And that they might be funding huge lobbies to keep that?
Especially as we know that in fact green energies are cheaper... It's just that oil is not only paid for but widely financed by taxes reduction...

Truckcoin

BTC-Joe

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 01:42:46 AM

Leftists love their fake news and their fake science. As others have said, "man-caused" climate change is nothing more than a ploy by globalist scumbags to impose a worldwide carbon tax to fund a corporate fascist "world govt. Trump's win put a sizable dent in that plan, hopefully people don't fall back asleep and let these globalist turds seize power again.
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: