Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:30:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true that every end of the year so many Crypto-holders are rich?  (Read 1561 times)
RyeEarth99 (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 06:42:55 AM

Its been 5 months now, since I joined cryptocurrency ,I've seen many ups and downs in Bitcoin Currency and Altcoins even in those Rank 2 to 100 in Coinmarketcap, but I just want to clarify why every end of the year starts in September then up to  December Bitcoin fly high, any fundamental reason why does the value of Bitcoin and other currency go up?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steplaza

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:46:13 AM

In my experience end of the year (approx mid December) is typical to have a significant dump of coins due to traders locking in profits before the end of the year, people going on holiday and needing money, etc.
RyeEarth99 (OP)

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 06:53:48 AM

In my experience end of the year (approx mid December) is typical to have a significant dump of coins due to traders locking in profits before the end of the year, people going on holiday and needing money, etc.

Yes this is more likely happen during December, I`m a holder, but somewhat I failed to hold some tokens and it keeps dragging me down until now why I didn't sell in December. It's a big mistake for me, not to ask somebody, well anyway being a novice in trading and holding always experience something like this.
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:58:59 AM

In the past there were some important events that always influenced overall market cap. It seems to be starting to become some sort of a self fulfilling prophecy as everybody is expecting the whole market to go up again from Q3 onwards. Not sure why, fud or are methods of manipulating markets can happen always. Also, maybe this year (compared to last year) even more traditional investors want in...and want in cheap and have the means to make this happen.

I hope EOY will see an explosive rise again, but I am not too certain it will happen 'because it happened last few years too' Smiley.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:00:24 AM

is it true? no it is not.
there is no reason for trends like this. it may sometimes seem like price is moving like this but it really isn't. for example people were saying there is going to be a dump in first two months then a pump in the next till the mid year time but as you can see it never came.

if you are looking for the most common altcoin pump, which is sometimes called the pumping season then it will come in summer. again this is not a 100% thing, this year we may see a mass altcoin dump during summer but usually it is not like that. we see a lot of newbies come in and the pumps are good during summer. and you can make a lot of profit.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
ariaalex

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:19:17 PM

Yes it happens every year. When the year is about to end the market goes high and the investors became rich and this is why people like to invest in bitcoin.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:25:19 PM

Yes you are quite right, i have also observed this that from last many years bitcoin does become extremely bullish in the last few months each year, i do not think this year will be any different, expectations are that this year will be the biggest for bitcoin and we may see new all time high price towards the end of this year.

Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:32:36 PM

Its been 5 months now, since I joined cryptocurrency ,I've seen many ups and downs in Bitcoin Currency and Altcoins even in those Rank 2 to 100 in Coinmarketcap, but I just want to clarify why every end of the year starts in September then up to  December Bitcoin fly high, any fundamental reason why does the value of Bitcoin and other currency go up?

Look at the chart.  Bitcoin has gone up and down.  It doesn't always go up starting at a particular time.  Assuming that it does is a great way to get rekt. 
tesla80

Activity: 448
Merit: 89

Full Stack Engineer

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:33:34 PM

Not so many, just a few. Because 90% of traders are losing their money. That's why others are winning that much.

Cyber Security, Mobile Security, Web/Desktop/Embedded Programming, Electronics, M2M, IoT
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 07:36:15 PM

some sort of a self fulfilling prophecy

Yeah, I noticed that, seems to be the way the markets in general work. Patterns only create more patterns as investors follow the herd. Experienced traders put more time and effort in researching, and consequently are more likely to catch the biggest rises and avoid the biggest drops. Don't trust patterns blindly, try to understand why the movements are happening and you should be able to grab a piece of the pie.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 07:37:47 PM

It is more than true, if you are true hodler and has been hodling for even 1 years, I assume your initial fund is not very low, you should be rich now. But not everyone is able to hodl properly.

soulstreak

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:25:36 PM

I think it is just about supply and demand.  Price goes up because people are not selling and more people want to invest.  I see so many people get rich off of it because they buy when it is low and sell when it goes up.  You can do this on a daily basis or you can try to predict the price when you hear about good news pertaining to the coin.
billyj111

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:27:01 PM

You do not write correctly. Such a lawfulness is not always, it is, but it is not always the same, because if it were all the same time, people would be very easy to earn, and this could not be possible.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:33:42 PM

I think ots possible
It has  been reoccurrent in recent years and its true

The end of the year pump is feasible
But it doesnt mean alot, pump occurs anytime, anyday and its not fixed either
ordeath

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:33:53 PM

What do you recognize as rich? But still they are many that have found their change in personal life around the world! Just inspiring
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:35:42 PM

I can do my conclusions about 2017 year. Everything began on things by Segwit in bitcoin and ended bitcoin ATH 20k. That was year of big promotion from mass media. 2018 year it's year when big investors will go to market with legal rights.
Hughesy26

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:27:46 PM

I have a slightly different opinion..,.

I don't think any of the big investors in cryptos (the whales; mostly companies and super rich individuals) invest more money than they can afford to lose and certainly don't need to withdraw their investment to pay their day-to-day expenses.

Instead, I think the market drops just because people expect it to.

The OP has only been in crypto a short time and he has already noticed this trend. So he, like many others, expect the market to drop at the end of the year. So he/she, like many others, will take some profits at this time and sell some of his holding. THIS causes the price to drop.

❤ MEDICcoin ❤ Discordapp.com/invite/nRAzp4d ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤
Hughesy26

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:30:32 PM

...and as a secondary factor, new investors that got interested in cryptos because of all the media attention of the massive gains over the summer then see the price of all cryptos drop just before the end of year. They don't know the reason is just speculation/psycology and think something fundamental must be wrong - so they panic sell too. This creates a bigger downward spiral

(NB - this factor is to a much lessor extent as new investors generally don't put in so much $$ - but there are enough of them to make a difference)

❤ MEDICcoin ❤ Discordapp.com/invite/nRAzp4d ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤
cryptohipo

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:11:21 PM

i was looking forward to know this things also, researched a bit, but willing to learn more. as our brothers are mentioned in the comments traders locking in profits that can be a huge reason.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
Rrtt

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:17:46 PM

I am not an expert here but as i have observe during holidays specially Christmas season people usually dump their crypto for fiat because they want money to spend during that time. If you take advantage of this then you can gain profit by buying low and sell high.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: