Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:45:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does KYC gives you ?  (Read 26200 times)
nekonyun

Activity: 882
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:07:46 PM

I think to be careful to do KYC in airdrop but if for bounty and ICO investment I think it's fine. negative things from doing KYC at this time I haven't seen anything negative from KYC so there's no need to worry
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:32:59 PM

The role of KYC is important, it helps us to fish out the scammers, and it will benefit both the project and the bounty hunters.
Gabri

Activity: 856
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:16:31 AM

There are good bounty programs where KYC is a must. So cut off a large number of scams. Although now it is not so difficult to buy scans of documents for this procedure. The approximate price of one set is $ 8. For many it will not be a big amount.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:31:26 AM

KYC testing brings only one problem to bounty hunters, and the problems are very serious. Even if we are trying to pass this KYC test anywhere, it is sometimes very difficult to do this technically. The proposed forms sometimes do not want to receive information, in general, it’s time to fill it all out and it will be accepted. It would be nice if there was some kind of standard form of such a check, otherwise each ICO team comes up with its own and sometimes it’s not at all clear what they want. And they want in most cases so that we do not pass such a test and therefore they can not pay the tokens earned by us.
In general, these KYC checks are illegal for participants in the ICO generosity campaign, because they are not investors in these ICO projects.
BuyBuyBitcoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 29

Get Maximalist or Get Wrecked

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 07:36:17 AM

KYC gives your data to 3rd parties to leak or sell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_data_breaches

Once you KYC, the banks or exchanges have to hope they don't get hacked and your information is stolen.

Avoiding ICO's and Shitcoins | Finding where people can Buy Bitcoin Around the World.
TpoJIb

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:37:00 AM

Soon all the projects will be with KYC so there is nothing to worry about the main thing that they pay what we earn

UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:42:14 AM

KYC is relevant for two things, firstly the project needs to be able to prove that people taking part are legitimate and not using the project to launder illegal money. Secondly by providing KYC details for bounties, the project manager is trying to ensure that there are not multiple accounts being used by one person to obtain an unfairly large share of the bounties. Use a simple document that is not of much use outside of your country and don't forget unless you are already wealthy there is little point or value in a thief trying to clone your identity.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:43:21 AM

It gives me opportunity to receive tokens, because it is a requirement and I have to follow this rule.
For founders it is also a requirement to be listed on major exchanges.

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
Kevinatin

Activity: 612
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:50:42 AM

KYC is relevant for two things, firstly the project needs to be able to prove that people taking part are legitimate and not using the project to launder illegal money. Secondly by providing KYC details for bounties, the project manager is trying to ensure that there are not multiple accounts being used by one person to obtain an unfairly large share of the bounties. Use a simple document that is not of much use outside of your country and don't forget unless you are already wealthy there is little point or value in a thief trying to clone your identity.
And you support it? What does KYC gives you? The topic of this discussion is. But what about the main ideas of the blockchain? Freedom and independence, anonymity. Why people go to this step, ready to give their data to the unknown person, supposedly for protection against multi counts, this is a mistake.
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 08:05:11 AM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining

Kyc is more required day by day, it's ok but it depends on WHO is requiring it. So choose carefully the projects where to be involved.
oly4life
Copper Member

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:18:47 AM

Personally I don't like the idea of submitting my data online cos most companies tends to use it negatively to the initial purpose it was requested for so I stay clear of any project to requires KYC. I think most project requires KYC as a means to curb multiple entries but so far that hasn't been achieved
GunsLair

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:28:22 AM

What does a KYC give me? This gives me the opportunity to participate in a good, in my opinion, project. And only in this way can I get there. Practically all successful ICO projects carry out KYC, and they will continue to do so in order to avoid fraud and problems for themselves.
Oldman53

Activity: 457
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:32:21 AM

KYC gimme the opportunities. Currently its hard to trade on most of exchange w/o a verification. Binance is still rocking, but if u are daily trader, 2 BTC limit will hurt u soon.
TamaraKul

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:14:31 PM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining

I'm really looking forward to the moment when I finally get the opportunity to participate in the bounty without any obstacles. For me, KYC is a barrier and I am waiting for complete freedom to participate in the bounty without it
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:19:18 PM

The question is really interesting, because I am also a supporter of anonymity in the network and in investing, because I just don’t understand why I need to go through the KYC procedure is the need of only developers, so I think that it is dangerous for investors.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:07:21 PM

The question is really interesting, because I am also a supporter of anonymity in the network and in investing, because I just don’t understand why I need to go through the KYC procedure is the need of only developers, so I think that it is dangerous for investors.
Protection wise, it's not favoring the investors but the developers are, before, there's no need of anything and it works and survive, but now KYC was being implemented and there's no positive effects might also the reason why investors who doesn't like to reveal their identity already stay away from crypto and find other venue to earned.
tridverju
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:27:05 PM

I will never take part in an Airdrop that requires KYC, because I find it pretty useless. But it could be very helpful to detect cheaters and scammers during bounties, because a lot of people are using multi accounts to trick the team.
Eildosa

Activity: 572

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:50:19 PM

It is relatively unsafe to send your personal data. If you do not trust the project, it is better not to do it. In a good case, nothing will happen, in a bad case, your data can be sold to some advertising companies.

kabum21

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:56:37 PM

For many it gives security and confidence, the exchange gains a little more confidence knowing that behind those purchases there is a real person verifiable and traceable, I understand that since they are handling a lot of money from different people, what I do not accept is that the ICO or airdrops that are starting now, also ask KYC to give you a few tokens.
baeva2

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:57:50 PM

I have a negative attitude to the KYC procedure. It gives nothing. On some projects, after passing this procedure, the reward is not given, coming up with different reasons.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: