Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:09:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can a goverment trace you have BTC?  (Read 4019 times)
Dayan1

Activity: 388
Merit: 100

All-in-One Crypto Payment Solution

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:50:38 AM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?

I think they can't trace us that we have a bitcoin because bitcoin is decentralized and no one can control even the government. It is difficult for the government to track our btc.

I do not think you are right.Government is smart enough to trace whenever you have something or not, they can trace you no matter what, maybe you see government as just facilitator oa a country but if you really look into it , how are they able to track scammers criminals or other bad people around them if they dont know how?,government has an extensive power, here in our country  the cryptocurrency is observed by the government , how? that is one thing  government can only know

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   A New Crypto-Payment Platform   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█      Telegram  ]      [   Medium   ]      [   ICO Page   ]      [  Facebook  ]      [ Instagram ]      █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
judemarco1996

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:03:01 AM

Theres no way the government will have ways to determine if someone has a bitcoin because it is decentralize and has a peer to peer transaction. However, if you will make a public announcement that you are a bitcoin holder and/or you have made a transaction to person whom you cannot trust, then there is a possibilities that you're governed will know your a bitcoin holder.
christtompsonru836

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:04:20 AM

Absolutely have some ways to field search bitcoin users and got them.buy sell tracker in your country.2FA verification of your NIC card. exchange KYC verification. If you do not do transaction activity in Online Shop, or other official store, I think you will be safe.
hatsuneczelmiku

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:37:11 AM

Well, as far as I know given my not so wide knowledge here in the crypto currency community, there no way that the government will be able to trace a certain people if he or she is having a Bitcoin. Because first and foremost, the Bitcoin is a decentralize which also has a peer to peer transactions. Unless you say it yourself to the crowd that you are a Bitcoin user.
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:43:55 AM

Government in different countries are mostly against bitcoin, because it far higher than the country currency and also far better than, because is a digital money that can be moved to next person, with out third party approval.
hermae

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:52:18 AM

Absolutely have some ways to field search bitcoin users and got them.buy sell tracker in your country.2FA verification of your NIC card. exchange KYC verification. If you do not do transaction activity in Online Shop, or other official store, I think you will be safe.

I agree. Yes bitcoin is decentralized and we can say that the government cant trace who the bitcoin users are. But in my opinion, if our government would really want to know who we really are, of course they can, using the latest technology and the best intel they can have, I think they really can trace us, that is, if they really want to know. But I think they won't do it.
heavenknows

Activity: 192

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 09:53:08 AM

There is no way the government can trace you have btc. Unless, the exchange discloses your identity to the government. bitcoin is created for anonymity if the government requires the user information then that's how they can trace you have a bitcoin
debopam.chanda

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:06:30 AM

Why should government arrest you? It's not illegal. Moreover, government cannot trace your account. RBI has only told to use it with caution.
Ankhesenamun

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:10:43 AM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?
I think the government can do, and that's the way I'm not sure yet, because there are many options which can be followed and even you can't protect yourself, you can certainly try skritt that either.
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:13:28 AM

All you have to understand is that you are free to have the bitcoin of the country you live in prohibiting the use of bitcoins. But the problem is when a country prohibits the use of bitcoin for a means of payment and you violate it and this is called illegal, the government will find you in their own way. One of them with local exchange, the government will find your identity if you have bitcoin and make transactions using local exchange.
Btcepoy11

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:14:40 AM

There is no way the government can trace you have btc. Unless, the exchange discloses your identity to the government. bitcoin is created for anonymity if the government requires the user information then that's how they can trace you have a bitcoin

That's right governments connot trace our BTC, how it could be? It is impossible, bitcoin is very secure. Government connot trace you, because doing bitcoin is everywhere it is decentralized. Every where you go, you can manage to use bitcoin, how can government trace it. Bitcoin is very secure nothing to worry.
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:42:57 AM

Nah, It's quite impossible especially that the system is decentralized. No one can ever know your identity nor trace you not unless you blatantly disclosed your identity to others in which they could use as "probable cause" or an evidence against you whenever your transacting party tagged you as a scammer or a thief. That's the only thing I think that your government can track and arrest you. But technologically speaking they can't as there are tons or millions of transactions are made every second.
cryptostardom

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 10:53:54 AM

It is not possible for the your government to detect if you have Bitcoin. This is because the transactions on the Blockchain cannot be intercepted by any other person or unit. However the only way is for the government to spy on its citizens for the websites or web portals that they normally visit.
laiya94
Copper Member

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:00:44 AM

The government can't track you unless you are using an exchange with KYC required. If you able to buy and sell your crypto using local buyers and sellers then there is no way to get hunted.

✘  EXCOLONY   |▌  YOUR PLEASURE IS OUR INNOVATION
|███   White Paper  [  JOIN our ICO  ]  ANN Thread   ███|
Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Github  |  Reddit
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:26:22 AM

I think the government can do, and that's the way I'm not sure yet, because there are many options which can be followed and even you can't protect yourself, you can certainly try skritt that either.
They can only trace that you have bitcoin if you have some public information online that give them a hint that you are a cryptocurrency user or investor and you have cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and that is one of the possible ways for them to know but they can trace that you have bitcoin also if they will get your bitcoin address to verify in the blockchain if you have balance or not and also to see your transactions from latest to oldest.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:43:07 AM

Good question I think, because any single transaction in bitcoin was anonymous and your account also need to be anonymous, but I think the only way they need to do that you are bitcoiners is when you withdraw with the local exchange which is need your bank account to do the transaction, so they will track your bank account to arrest you.
DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 346

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:50:03 AM

in the United States they track those who do not pay taxes. and are not tracked technically; technically you can track transactions, and there may be a moment that your story will become public for everyone. from this it follows that bitcoin is not anonymous, but pseudo-anonymous. but in general, encryption technology allows you to safely use bitcoins.
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:56:12 AM

Bitcoin transactions and identity are all anonymous. The government can trace you if you use a local wallet to transfer or transact money within the local sovereignity. If you withdraw using that wallet or withdraw using banks and local establishments, that ould be the time government can trace you.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:05:40 PM

I do not think it will be traceable, because your bitcoin address is not listed in your data. so it's very hard to find who is the owner of bitcoin. because bitcoin has an anonymous nature
goddog

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

8426 2618 9F5F C7BF 22BD E814 763A 57A1 AA19 E681

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:30:00 PM

to know that you are usig bitcoin a government have to seach specifically about you.
If you are a target you have to be very careful because they will probably find you. They have numerous ways to know if you are using bitcoin:
ISP traffic anlysis, asking exchanges,  monitoring social media(forum, chat, email ..... ), hacking your devices, tracking cookies, and so on.

If you are not a target will be very hard to find you because the amount of data to analyze is very very big.

If you are a target, probably they already know about you and sometime the only solution is to simulate your death and start with a new, clean, identity. :-P

the best solution is to not become a target.
If you are not a target, you should keep your profile low, and hide yoursfelf to not become a target. The problems is that when you start to hide your identity you will probably become a target, so you have to be very very very careful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: