Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:32:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can a goverment trace you have BTC?  (Read 4019 times)
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:43:17 PM

Although bitcoin transactions are anonymous, at present almost every exchange market requires us to verify the identity we have so that the bitcoin we have can be converted to the local currency we use. therefore the government can easily track us via ip and find out our identity
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sino22

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:56:47 PM

One of the good characteristics of Bitcoin is its decentralization. You can use it even without proper identification. Government has no means to trace your BTC use unless you register to a platform with KYC because in order to use that platform, you'll need to submit some identifications and pass the KYC.
it's true that bitcoin is a decentralized characteristic. And the government can't track for every bitcoin user. however, the government can track if registering on a platform using kyc
Sethrey

Activity: 916
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:05:18 PM

They can easily find you by your IP address. So it's better to use proxy while processing with Bitcoin.
babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:09:13 PM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?
I think they can find out when you send your money from your wallet, so that it can be traced from where your money came from. so they will know that your source of funds is from an exchanger or from a crypto currency wallet
Sexie

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:30:50 PM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?

The government will gonna trace you if you are a bitcoin holder though exchanges. As we all know that bitcoin is anonymous and  a peer to peer thransactions. But  in some  other way if you invest  other kind of  alternative coin ithat needs middlemen  to complete transactions that  will require  you a kyc , your identification card and  passport while converting cryptovurrencies into cash. In that way  they can trace you if you owned such a bitcoin.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
kasurnya

Activity: 152
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:34:57 PM

Bitcoin is anonymous, there won't be anyone who knows you hold bitcoin as long as you don't tell you you have bitcoin to someone else.
Tunapress

Activity: 110

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:51:44 PM

I think they can find you easily. Yes bitcoin is decentralized system but we mostly don't use it that way. I use a local exchange to buy bitcoin. And they want to know all my information to secure themselves from law. So if government track my money transfers to exchange and force the exchange to give my info them, exchange do that. Congratulations, you're busted Wink

If you dont want to that happen you should buy bitcoin unregistered way.
Demanderoca

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:34:17 PM

It will never happened that the government will trace you have BTC because your account here is anonymous. Also, even if bitcoin is banned for a certain country, since bitcoin is decentralized, government can't take control over this.
dgreat

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:55:36 PM

to the best of my understanding, bitcoin holders are anonymous so therefore it is very difficult to phantom a bitcoin holder unless he or she makes it public and it can only happen in a country where it is legal.  a government can easily trace you if you have bitcoin and doing transactions and business which involves bitcoin as the main means of legal tender when you withdraw and cashout from any of the companies,establishments , banks etc which does the know your customer verification process that will need you to submitt some vital documents of yours before you can make any withdrawal. another means is through most of the online wallet portal which requires you uploading your documents for verification. once done your details are already public.
nussy

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:03:58 PM

You can only be find out through your identity. You will be careful in making transactions with an exchanges that demand submitting your personal details for KYC. You will also be careful in engaging in bounties programs and airdrop that demand KYC also. You should not reveal your identity to about your involvement in bitcoin to anybody. Just be careful you will be good because bitcoin usage is very anonymous, so is not that easy to identify a bitcoin holder.
Helen Jessica

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:06:43 PM

Nowadays it's easy to other especially to government to trace if you have a bitcoin because our technology is hi-tect, just search what you want to know and it show you and you get information by tracking down our wallets, verifying with your original address and photo and your real account.
Konffetka

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:12:20 PM

Yes, guys, the government will be able to track transactions with BTC that you do when you cash it in processing payments in your country. They will be able to do this because most of these companies require that you be the data file itself before allowing you to withdraw your money from them. This is one of Bitkoin's good characteristics - his decentralization.
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 10:35:52 PM

As smart or genius as Satoshi Nakamoto is/was, there are many others who are even smarter. And we can find most of them in the government. So we'd think, there's no way the government could trace me through the block chain. We'll, does CIA and FBI ring any bell? People behind these agencies are freakin smart! So let's not think even a bit that the government won't find a way to track us down when we become interesting for them.

reyanshbasu

Activity: 115

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:18:59 PM

They cannot trace it unless you convert your Bitcoin into fiat money. Since transactions in Bitcoin can only be seen but cannot determine the identity of the person using it, the government cannot trace your asset. But once you convert your Bitcoin to fiat, then that's the time they can trace you. Because every transactions in fiat are recorded and identified.
MarchToke

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:38:03 PM

I guess they can't trace you if you have bitcoin or any cryptos not unless if you show it to them. How can a government trace you for your crypto assets if they don't even know your btc address and if they do, they don't know who owns that address too.

fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:41:09 AM

Impossible, even they know the address, they cannot know unless you have some proof that you are the owner of that bitcoin address.
Thats why some exchanges required to submit your KYC when you want to withdraw more than a certain amount per day, so they know who you are.

PeachPam

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:57:10 AM

Bitcoin is anonymity and decentralization. I think it is really hard for government to trace but nothing is impossible. As long as you be careful with your IP address
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:03:03 AM

They can look your conections via internet provider. If your favorite sites is the crypto related sites - you are crypto enthusiast or crypto speculator what more worser )
User decentralized internet if there available that or secure your connections via vpn

Abram434

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:16:14 AM

Though you might not be able to trace the person, there are companies that you can hire to do this and the government definitely can.

signup01

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:36:57 AM

to track directly I don't think the government can track the transaction process in my opinion, if the government forbids, of course there is a very strong reason, I am sure that in the future there will be no prohibition that will occur along with the times
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: