Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:16:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can a goverment trace you have BTC?  (Read 4019 times)
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:40:21 PM

I don't know how the government find you or know you if you have bitcoin. Because it's hard to know i think because the only way to know if the givernment see your IP. I hope the scammer and the hacker will trace so they go to jail. But it's totally hard for sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:09:10 PM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?
The only way anyone to know if you have Bitcoin is to look at your wallets. But they can not do it without the evidence. So do not be afraid of it. All you have to do is do not tell anyone that you have bitcoins and if you can sell it abroad where bitcoins are legal.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Sandijoee

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:55:51 PM

It is not easy and the Government can not track the owner of bitcoin because it is untraceable and only the number of bitcoins can be seen. The cause of bitcoin is difficult to track, because bitcoin has blockchain technology it has a decentralized system.
Saldom12

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:03:32 PM

actually bitcoin is easy to track if you find out about bitcoin and ask people who use bitcoin and they can get into your wallet. And it would be easy for the government to track bitcoin.
f150

Activity: 606
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:32:42 PM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?
the government can track you with the identity you use to create a personal wallet in the market, where the bank receives Bitcoin and becomes a small market in your country.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 05:48:17 PM

If you trade your bitcoin with local currency. you will definitely receive some money when withdraw into local currency. if your assets get bigger there will be a question from the government. from where did you get the money and how much your income. if the government in your country have the rules about tax crypto. you are very likely taxable for it.

its from my experience from the past. luckily my goverment not have any tax for crypto.
Pemburu dollar

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:52:48 PM

I think it will happen if they keep track of your Bank account, transactions in the Bank account, if your account back in touch with bitcoin and exchanger government can track you with your transaction only speculation me, track activity bitcoin useless for would be very difficult for them
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:26:49 AM

They cannot trace you. First, where did you get your bitcoin ? If you buy it from exchange, there will be a detail about your identity if you
used your money to buy bitcoin. The government just need to see your data identity in the exchange where you buy it.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Coleth

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:41:53 AM

It will be hard to tract someone with Bitcoin unless you reveal to them your wallet address. with so much population with Bitcoin all over the world, they will not pinpoint someone specifically where they are and the exact address where they live. so very hard to trace.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:39:27 AM

Owning and holding bitcoin is still not a crime and is not banned anywhere, those countries who has banned crypto, bans only the use of crypto from their domestic exchanges only, they have no right to ban from owning the bitcoin because bitcoin is itself a decentralised crypto currency and no one can arrest you by owning and banning of bitcoins because in my country India too, bitcoin is banned but still I can own bitcoins.
Mary Ofosuhene

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:08:51 AM

From what I understand, the government will be able to trace the transaction with BTC that you made when you cashout it on a payment processing establishment/company in your country. They'll be able to do that because most of these companies require you to provide KYC documents before letting you cashout your money from them. This will be the only thing that I can think of where they'll be able to link your name to any BTC transaction.

This is very true mate. What about you sending your details to a trusted relative, let's say a direct brother living in another country to carry out the transactions when issues of KYC pops up. Can the Government still track you?
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:16:46 AM

The government can trace you that you have bitcoin holding if you let them know that you have it, no one know that you have it if you don't speak with them, the word of mouth can spread so fast especially to your friend so be careful sometimes, kyc is the thing i'm afraid also that could leak my personal info to the government.
Supremacy2

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:46:05 AM

I don't think Government can trace anyone if he/she have Bitcoin because it can't reveal the identity of the owner.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:00:29 AM

in principle, this is possible. for example, the Federal Tax Service of the United States has learned to track the owners of crypto-currency wallets. This is done through a complex REACTOR script that allows you to calculate who and what belongs to.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:01:25 AM

The government can trace you that you have bitcoin holding if you let them know that you have it, no one know that you have it if you don't speak with them, the word of mouth can spread so fast especially to your friend so be careful sometimes, kyc is the thing i'm afraid also that could leak my personal info to the government.
well this is true if you can only to reveal your identity and revealing for public that you may have some bitcoin this is what they may also have to know for you that you are holding and having bitcoin as well with your wallet.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:20:09 AM

Although one of the beauties of cryptocurrency transactions is the fact that it's private and virtually untraceable, I would say that a government's power, especially within its jurisdiction is vast that it can actually do trace anything if it wants to. The intelligence network of a government is big and powerful enough to be able to device a way to track even the untraceable. Fortunately enough, governments are giving ample lee-way for people to enjoy their cryptocurrency ventures without imposing too much control on it.
BabyChicagin

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:27:15 AM

It is impossible because all the wallets are anonymous and there is no way to know which wallet belongs to who in here, that is the reason of why i think that it is more than impossible
bluemoon84

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:35:32 AM

Bitcoin is decentralize and there is no possible way to track down your transaction/info unless they were able to log in into your wallet. And that would be easy for the government, but if they do hack you, it's a breach of privacy.Because with the full address and the current photo, with all it can use bitcoin wallet in the transaction. Government has no means to trace your use unless you register to a platform with because in order to use that platform.
doodle07

Activity: 311

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:08:27 AM

Bitcoin was made decentralized so government do not have the rights to know how they can trace you have bitcoins. Bitcoin have given us the privacy so let us remain quiet and remain private, regardless of that matter there have no chances tracing you, unless you said it how and give you private keys.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
excessbit

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:24:08 AM

It's both easy and difficult. It all depends on how careful you are from the onset.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: