Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:54:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can a goverment trace you have BTC?  (Read 4020 times)
Jamescur

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:12:15 PM

It is a tedious task for the government to find BTC information in the blockchain! The blockchain is a huge database, and every transaction information of the blockchain cannot be modified or deleted. You can find transaction records in the blockchain!
If you don't name your BTC, no one knows that this BTC belongs to you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fileo

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:13:11 PM

They will discover if there is someone who spy you in everything you do that seems not suspicious for you. Actually it will be done through your neighbour or friends. So better to watch yourself and do more careful in everything you do. Good luck.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
pendong101

Activity: 117

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:25:50 PM

All Bitcoin transactions are anonymous and can't be traced, Unless you decide to reveal your identity. But i'm not so sure what your Government capable of maybe they can't if you're not careful enough
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:32:30 PM

This is pretty scary on my part because I was registered in exchanger site with my complete details. I am also active in withdrawing my funds there the exchanger site might give the information to them and the government might go after me for tax evasion
Saiful Islam777

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:48:46 PM

Getting Bitcoin Identity is not so easy if you do not write your identity. If someone's identity is given in an exchange, then the government can find you very easily.
Nakakapagpabagabag

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:55:10 PM

This is pretty scary on my part because I was registered in exchanger site with my complete details. I am also active in withdrawing my funds there the exchanger site might give the information to them and the government might go after me for tax evasion
Pray for that to not happen. If that happens i think many people will being chased by government for tax evasion, and guess what, we are part of them. But i think thats not going to happen because if they do that, they will also have a case, because they are also exchanging it, so that they are also tax evasion. So dont panic buddy, they cant chase all of us if that happens

LinkinPrak

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:55:48 PM

In my opinion, you will not be caught if you use bitcoin for a positive thing. I've never heard of anyone being jailed for plunging into a bitcoin world. Moreover, bitcoins have anonymous facilities so it's hard to find who actually does bitcoin transactions. Therefore, in case of bitcoin hacking, we can not sue anyone for compensation. All the things that we choose definitely have risks. My country also forbids bitcoin, but I love bitcoin so I keep running bitcoin business but not for negative things. So in my opinion it's still a good thing and a blessing.
sneeze11

Activity: 347

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:13:23 PM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?

I don't know how our government trace if we have bitcoin because there's no identification in bitcoin. Other said that is possibly known when they saw the transaction details because in transaction there's your name and that's their chance to know who you are.
billionaireSHS

Activity: 269

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:06:22 AM

Well may be the government track your bitcoin because of your wallet. We all know that in order to verified our wallet we need to submit some information about our self, so in that way the government will easily track people who are holding bitcoin in their wallet.

WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:47:42 AM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?
Most people are correct in saying that buying from an exchange basically doxxes you and your addresses known to that point. What many people won't talk about is if you even deal with somebody who has used an exchange and is linked to that, then you could also be linked.

Example: I buy a $10 account from JoeBob here in the market. The conversation we have on the forum is public for anybody to see, and also the times we say "Thanks I got the account" in PM's or even on the public forum. JoeBob used an exchange, so they can trace that back to my address being used at the time of the PM's/forum posts to show that my address was the one that JoeBob received money from. Understand? Now imagine that on an even larger scale involving automation.
Moblie_Legend

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:06:55 AM

I think if the government prohibits of course the government has prepared everything related to bitcoin, the possibility of government will use or develop technology with more sophisticated
Al-Hridoy

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:13:22 AM

Well, sometimes the user of the Bitcoin public address declares their name along with the public address. Identity can also be traced if you are using a private wifi connection. Here we generally give our proof of ID, through which our identities can be matched against our IP.
btj

Activity: 115
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:24:15 AM

Prevent selling your Bitcoins locally (Inside your country), and use anonymous exchangers to sell them.

If you need Cash, you have to exchange to another online currency so you can sell it locally if you want, or using MoneyGram etc.
ehrz22

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:31:15 AM

No they can't trace an individual having a bitcoin or holding of any crypto. But the government can impose some fee on the transaction like additional fee when you go to an exchange. It is really possible like here in the Philippines that the exchange like coins.ph have been regulated by the government agency and the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas that gives coins.ph a license to operate. In this way coins.ph could be directed to get an additional fee for the government fundings in every exchange or transactions to be done.

Yeah right, this is maybe the reasons why the transactions fees keeps increasing, anyway, I also believe that tracking bitcoin holder is not possible most specially if their technology is not as high as other countries.

prediction on bush

Activity: 231

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:35:19 AM

I think they can't trace us that we have a bitcoin because bitcoin is decentralized and no one can control even the government. It is difficult for the government to track our btc.
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:26:33 AM

don't forget that your wallet needs to be registered on first place, and then that's how they trace you,!
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:40:23 AM

I think they can't trace us that we have a bitcoin because bitcoin is decentralized and no one can control even the government. It is difficult for the government to track our btc.
maybe in the end all will end on the exchanger. most people currently track the use of bitcoin from the market, because now the market uses a KYC system that makes its users in the know.
bad_apple

Activity: 150

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:10:21 AM

It is possible thru exchanges and KYCs. If you do exploit your identity or should I say some of your information, then don't be surprised that they are tracking you now and then. Be wary of clicking and trusting everything on the internet.
sheryl26

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:33:29 AM

I dont know because I have never encounter something like this but we all know that every device that we use have an ip address so they know where you at and if that country is prohibiting the uses of bitcoins maybe they qill not allow bitcoins. Like for example you country will not allow you to browse those kind of website because they are banned. There are some sites that are block at the government so maybe that will hapoen to you no matter how you search it they will not appear.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:46:38 AM

I dont know because I have never encounter something like this but we all know that every device that we use have an ip address so they know where you at and if that country is prohibiting the uses of bitcoins maybe they qill not allow bitcoins. Like for example you country will not allow you to browse those kind of website because they are banned. There are some sites that are block at the government so maybe that will hapoen to you no matter how you search it they will not appear.

Ever heard of VPNs or Virtual Private Network? In China, there's this great firewall of China (that's what they call it) and they can't even access social media sites that we can access without any hassle at all. Their government is really good at tracking down people and people are so scared of them. They don't wanna bad mouth the government on the Internet because they do know that the government will always find out that it was them who was talking badly of the government. Besides the IP address, the government can trace that you have bitcoins when you have an account to an exchange that required a KYC or an ID verification in order for you to cash out your bitcoins into money.

It is a tedious task for the government to find BTC information in the blockchain! The blockchain is a huge database, and every transaction information of the blockchain cannot be modified or deleted. You can find transaction records in the blockchain!
If you don't name your BTC, no one knows that this BTC belongs to you!

I mean, that sure is true but that's not going to be the way the government is going to find out about you because it doesn't necessarily directly link to you. The government controls the local exchange that you have. Let's face it, the government already has our information.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: