Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:35:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can a goverment trace you have BTC?  (Read 4019 times)
Sijan677

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:44:34 PM

If you doesn't reveal your id then your are safe. Crypto is anonymous so nobody can trace you.  Don't do kyc for ico etc.  I think it's so hard for gov. to trace you or bitcoin holder. 
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adjong

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:50:27 PM

for me, my government does not know it in philippines because few people know bitcoin here in the Philippines maybe if our government knows bitcoin maybe we have a big tax here and we may be banned anymore. knows our government here
Yramesor0

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:08:04 PM

Bitcoin is done in a peer-to-peer network so it is impossible for a government to trace if you BTC's in your wallet. Unless when you are investing in an ICO's or involved in an online trading business that requires the Know-Your-Customer (KYC) policy then probably you can be traced.
kemonojim

Activity: 218

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:09:25 PM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?

Bitcoin transactions are anonymous. As long as you do not reveal your identity, no one knows you are a bitcoin holder.
For this purpose you should buy peer to peer bitcoin from people you trust.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:17:06 PM

Nothing i think? I mean, as long as you don't reveal yourself being a bitcoin user, openly use bitcoin or brag to everyone that you have bitcoin, they won't be able to track you.
Moreover, we all know that bitcoin is anonymous and it's hard to track, we can't really know what's going on in this internet world. So i guess they won't be able to do much.
But since it's banned in your country, i suggest you just follow the rule, or even if you don't want to, be safe, be humble, and never recklessly do something that can get you caught.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Taylora

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:21:34 PM

You will sell at some point. If it exchange and under your name, you screwed. If you sell in person, buyer can be undercover...There is lots of things you need to take under consideration.
Gabah56

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:25:00 PM

if I find it very difficult for the government to track the price of bitcoin gan. even in Indonesia the government is also not responsible for the loss Assets of the bitcoiners are broken by the thieves group .

_____VIMee_____
The VIMee Social Platform
bajigur894784

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:14:48 PM

Bitcoin addresses can be associated with a real identity if this identity is actually used in combination with Bitcoin addresses in several ways. This includes the address used for depositing or withdrawing money to or from exchange or wallet services or addresses used to send bitcoin to a person including an online store when using a genuine identity.
tayecrypto

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:18:27 PM

Many exchanges need you to have a phone number or even a valid national id in order to have an account. Goverments can use that to trace you down if you cash out withouting paying taxes...
rindayle

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:23:18 PM

I do not know exactly how, but I think until it is legalized they will not have access to information about our cryptocurrencies including bitcoin. If it's legalized, we can start paying the tax.
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:41:29 PM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?
They will not be able to track you because there are almost infinite number of transactions which occurs in every exchange. Governments might do data gathering to know how many people on a certain area possesses or even utilizes cryptocurrencies. Nonetheless, I think you will be safe just by keeping a low profile.
Cj29

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:57:10 PM

I think the only way to trace is your bitcoin address. Frpm bitcoin address to a bank where you withdraw with your money. Because the transaction will be record on where did you deposit your money
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:59:43 PM

I think the only way to trace is your bitcoin address. Frpm bitcoin address to a bank where you withdraw with your money. Because the transaction will be record on where did you deposit your money
Yeah, I very much agree. The only way the government can possibly detect your use of Bitcoin is via the transaction and exit strategy you use.. For example, if you withdraw money from your wallet into your bank account/paypal this would be traceable.
metallikingz

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:00:16 PM

it is easy if you are using a centralized wallet like Blockchain.info or Coinbase, or any other that works with that protocol, but i think that you should not care much about this if you are 100% confident in that your country does not have any regulation over btc.

● BlockAIp   
▄▀      A Decentralized Social Networking and Media Platform     ▀▄
▄▀  Whitepapper  | OneP | Presentation | Bounty  | Twitter  | Telegram    ▀▄
kimpena

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:01:42 PM

As per the present bitcoin's characteristics, identity is anonymous therefore no one can knew you are using it, unless otherwise you give your information to someone who you do not know. Do not trust easily to people who are asking for personal information because they probably do it for some unknown interst or maybe a command from the government.

Yes, bitcoin was exist ik the digtal world and government doesnt hold it. They cant trace you using the internet because that was stupidity if they do that in fact that there are more important issue that one country must focused more. They will just trace you if you surrender and say to that you are still using it and I believe no one will do that. So dont be scared because asnlong as it exist in the digital world, you are stillq safe on using it.

chainguru12

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:07:39 PM

government can't trace you as long as you don't do KYC that is the is reason of doing kyc.. sometimes you are trading and the asked of your details i don't think you should disclose your details to them. moreover this is digital currencies which the wallet aren't written any name that belongs to you so they can't trace it.
alexs_03

Activity: 197

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:21:35 PM

It is impossible because all the wallets are anonymous and there is no way to know which wallet belongs to who in here, that is the reason of why i think that it is more than impossible, bitcoin was made decentralized so government do not have the rights to know how they can trace you have bitcoins.
teklang01

Activity: 173
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:32:23 PM

In my opinion, since bitcoin is pseudonymous government will have a very difficult time to track if you have a lots of bitcoin in your account. That is the decentralized thing is a very good feature of bitcoin.
Jannatul Shefa

Activity: 312
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:32:54 PM

I don't think it's possible. Government can't trace anyone who have bitcoin. Bitcoin has their own satellite. Government doesn't have the right to check who have bitcoin in her country.

Nasonn

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:00:46 PM

If you have your bitcoin in decentralised wallet, I don't think government will be able to trace it back to you but once you have used any platform that requires your personal information to trade Bitcoin it may be possible that you can be traced through it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: