Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:17:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can a goverment trace you have BTC?  (Read 4020 times)
vonnyaries

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:22:44 AM

it just my speculation, tracking bitcoin activity is useless because it will very hard for them, but i think it will happen if they trace about your bank account, the transaction in bank account, if your back account have related with bitcoin and exchanger the government can trace you with your transaction

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Demonics

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:40:24 AM

If you do not do transaction activity in Online Shop, or other official store, I think you will be safe.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:59:12 AM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?

First of all, it is easy to see your IP address and the government can actually see what you are browsing, with their IT experts or with their hackers that can access your computer easily. Also, what they can do is ban all crypto related and if you try to go to a website it will show a warning or an error that it impossible to access. They can easily track you especially if you make transactions online and they probably can arrest you depending on the government rule in Venezuela.
yanixbtc

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:01:00 AM

Government can trace you have Bitcoin if you you publish your name and Bitcoin address online. A lot of folks are doing that like when writing a blog or on a forum with their real name and Bitcoin address hoping that someone will send donations. They could also trace you when you do trading transactions for fiat currency in an exchange.

I think it is hard for the government to trace Bitcoin users because it very broad and anonymous. But if they really serious about it they can find ways and means to trace people. But they must be very careful because they might get the wrong persons and can cause chaos in the country.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:58:25 AM

If they will have access on your computer and get the information that they need like the wallet of your bitcoin and also the bitcoin wallet address then that is how they are going to trace that you have bitcoin but if they are just tracing where you at because of your bitcoin address then they will fail because bitcoin is anonymous and untraceable.
RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:03:58 AM

I'm also curious about this question.
Because we're not a technical person, we don't know how to track it.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Dingdong7

Activity: 138
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:16:26 AM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?

In my country, users are detected. Before making a wallet user has to fill up all information. This happens because the government has its plan to recognize bitcoin as a form of payment. Large number of people in my country actually has tge access in the cryptosystem. Gettinh information also makes the system regulated.

●                   ►                   ●      B I T C O I N   V I D E O   C A S I N O      ●                   ◄                   ●
Slots    Video Poker    Blackjack     ──  Classic fun for serious players  ──     Craps    Roulette    Keno    Dice
////////////////////////   PROGRESSIVE JACKPOT   ///   PROVABLY FAIR   ///     REFERRAL PROGRAM     ////////////////////////
wilburwilbur

Activity: 266
Merit: 33

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:28:25 AM

Bitcoin transactions are anonymity in nature. It means they can not track down who is the user who trasacted with others. But... But if you gave them your address they can track your transactions you made
And it is not illegal to keep bitcoin as long as i am in my country

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:31:42 AM

every government must have sophisticated technology and have experts in the field of technology, especially on the Internet network. bitcoin is not strictly prohibited by all governments, since most governments have banned the use of bitcoin if they do for real transaction activities without using existing local money. but there is also the opposite, the government allows the use of bitcoin if they are able to convert first to local currency that exists, therefore the existing local exchange site has its own security and able to convert bitcoin into local currency, but without us know the local exchange site able to work with the government because every member who uses the local site can send money to his bank account through approval must verify the identity of its users.
aileenc

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:50:23 AM

As long as you don't reveal your identity, no one will know you are a bitcoin holder.
fernandoaleixo (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

Community Manager at Bitsurf.eu

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 03:07:19 PM

As long as you don't reveal your identity, no one will know you are a bitcoin holder.

That's how I feel personally, as long you don't hold a fortune such prohibitions are not that serious, countries like Venezuela lack infrastructure to keep track of the population affairs, of course, it's still dangerous but I can't see a BTC holder as a criminal just because the government made it forbidden.
cfmoc

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:09:08 PM

Bitcoin is built on the Blockchain platform with extremely high anonymity and security. Therefore, the government certainly can not know you are owning and trading Bitcoin. The government will only detect if you have the carelessness of converting Bitcoin to cash from a state-run bank and at the same time leaking information from customers. In addition, only you know exactly how much Bitcoin you own.
cfmoc

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:13:07 PM

Government can trace you have Bitcoin if you you publish your name and Bitcoin address online. A lot of folks are doing that like when writing a blog or on a forum with their real name and Bitcoin address hoping that someone will send donations. They could also trace you when you do trading transactions for fiat currency in an exchange.

I think it is hard for the government to trace Bitcoin users because it very broad and anonymous. But if they really serious about it they can find ways and means to trace people. But they must be very careful because they might get the wrong persons and can cause chaos in the country.
Actually, I think the problem is not so serious, which means that the government may take measures to manage your use of Bitcoin in violation of the law. Assuming you use Bitcoin to make direct cash transactions, the government will handle you. And if you accumulate Bitcoin and treat it as personal property, there is no big deal. In my country is so.
cfmoc

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:16:56 PM

First of all, it is easy to see your IP address and the government can actually see what you are browsing, with their IT experts or with their hackers that can access your computer easily. Also, what they can do is ban all crypto related and if you try to go to a website it will show a warning or an error that it impossible to access. They can easily track you especially if you make transactions online and they probably can arrest you depending on the government rule in Venezuela.
Hey guys, they can browse what you are doing based on IP tracking, but they have no basis to determine what you are owning and trading Bitcoin. If someone wants to conclude you own and trade Bitcoin, they must have a basis. Your management and transaction of Bitcoin is completely anonymous and confidential. Even if they know it, there is not enough legal basis to convict you. Dear.
biboy

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:26:12 PM

Since exchange are requiring KYC now I think that it is one of the ways that the government will find out if who are the person who has bitcoin in their country, but so far now our government still not strict with regards to cryptocurrency.
masudginanjar

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:40:23 PM

that's why KYC in my opinion do not have to do in cryptocurrency, because it can know the holder of Bitcoin itself.

while the concept of Bitcoin is on the basis ny is anonymus and not in the know who the owner is but the transaction there.
kasemin

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:59:30 PM

Yes now has a requirement to identify the holder. Maybe this way, they can track who has Bitcoin. but without this we remain anonymous to the government but they know how many transactions are associated with Bitcoin. Until now because you know that the owner of Bitcon can not be traced, because there are many addresses and owners in the world, and I think it's too hard to identify who the owner is, I think your country started blocking Bitcoin webiste, all associated with Bitcoin like a local exchanger.
weiweianll

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:01:36 PM

The government generally checks real-name information through the exchange!
If your BTC does not trade through the exchange, it is difficult for the government to track your BTC!
indayburakday012

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:03:37 PM

No they can't trace an individual having a bitcoin or holding of any crypto. But the government can impose some fee on the transaction like additional fee when you go to an exchange. It is really possible like here in the Philippines that the exchange like coins.ph have been regulated by the government agency and the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas that gives coins.ph a license to operate. In this way coins.ph could be directed to get an additional fee for the government fundings in every exchange or transactions to be done.
ayubadairo

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:08:30 PM

The government had every opportunity to set the rules for the 21st century with its latest tax bill. But it failed miserably.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: