Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:25:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Windows gadget which displays BTC and currency amounts  (Read 69154 times)
Domchi (OP)

Activity: 516
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:42:49 PM

I want to get USD price of LTC from bitfinex site.
I tried with your gadget, but not working.
Please can you tell what exactly need to be typed & where.

Well, you could use MyBitcoins gadget, but if you want to show LTC price I recommend that you download my MyLitecoins gadget from http://domchi.cc/mylitecoins/ - the functionality is the same, but the design is different and it comes with Litecoin price already set up - although it retrieves the BTCLTC price from Poloniex. To set it up to show LTC price in USD from Bitfinex, change the following settings:

Bitfinex
exchange URL: https://api.bitfinex.com/v1/pubticker/LTCUSD
exhange rate JSON key: last_price
ticker currency: USD
field 1 JSON key: ask
field 2 JSON key: last_price
field 3 JSON key: bid

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inju

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:09:29 PM

I want to get USD price of LTC from bitfinex site.
I tried with your gadget, but not working.
Please can you tell what exactly need to be typed & where.

Well, you could use MyBitcoins gadget, but if you want to show LTC price I recommend that you download my MyLitecoins gadget from http://domchi.cc/mylitecoins/ - the functionality is the same, but the design is different and it comes with Litecoin price already set up - although it retrieves the BTCLTC price from Poloniex. To set it up to show LTC price in USD from Bitfinex, change the following settings:

Bitfinex
exchange URL: https://api.bitfinex.com/v1/pubticker/LTCUSD
exhange rate JSON key: last_price
field 2 JSON key: last_price

Thank you very much.
Its working perfectly.
Thanks again.
bekhuong45

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:53:50 PM

New versions of both BTC and LTC gadgets are available. Two changes in this version:

1. Support for international Windows versions. Gadget wouldn't install on German windows (or any version other than en-US), and it would ignore decimals on correction values if Windows was setup to use comma instead of decimal point. If you encountered this problems, please download the newest version and give it a try.

2. Ability to use Javascript in JSON keys. The json object variable name is "json". That means that JSON key can be referenced from Javascript like this: json.ticker.last - which allows to retrieve data from more complicated JSON responses. The old way of referencing keys ("last") still works, but is not able to parse JSON responses where there are, say, two JSON keys with the requested name.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:21:15 PM

New versions of both BTC and LTC gadgets are available. Two changes in this version:

1. Support for international Windows versions. Gadget wouldn't install on German windows (or any version other than en-US), and it would ignore decimals on correction values if Windows was setup to use comma instead of decimal point. If you encountered this problems, please download the newest version and give it a try.

2. Ability to use Javascript in JSON keys. The json object variable name is "json". That means that JSON key can be referenced from Javascript like this: json.ticker.last - which allows to retrieve data from more complicated JSON responses. The old way of referencing keys ("last") still works, but is not able to parse JSON responses where there are, say, two JSON keys with the requested name.

Well, that's not exactly true. The last version of gadgets is 4.2 for MyBitcoins and 3.2 for MyLitecoins, both available since November 2017, so not exactly new. Support for international/German Windows and json variable is available since MyBitcoins 2.1 and MyLitecoins 1.2 released in September 2012.

This info is available on MyBitcoins and MyLitecoins web page; please download your gadgets only from official website, http://www.domchi.cc/mybitcoins/ and http://www.domchi.cc/mylitecoins/.
movellan

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:59:24 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 08:16:43 PM by movellan

Anyone have info on GDAX API settings? TIA.

BTW, alerts don't seem to be working with Bitstamp. What's supposed to happen; color change, audio alert?
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:29:31 AM

GDAX
exchange URL: https://api.gdax.com/products/BTC-USD/ticker
exhange rate JSON key: price
field 2 JSON key: price

BTW, alerts don't seem to be working with Bitstamp. What's supposed to happen; color change, audio alert?

Price number changes color to green or red. For example, right now BTC price rate is around $7914. Set red alert type to fixed, Alert when amount is lower than: 8000 and when you exit settings, price should become red.
movellan

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:36:16 AM

Thank you very much. GDAX settings working nicely. Display still not changing color however. current price is below 8000, but when alarm is set to 8000, no color change. Using the latest version, 4.2.

GDAX
exchange URL: https://api.gdax.com/products/BTC-USD/ticker
exhange rate JSON key: price
field 2 JSON key: price

Price number changes color to green or red. For example, right now BTC price rate is around $7914. Set red alert type to fixed, Alert when amount is lower than: 8000 and when you exit settings, price should become red.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:42:17 AM

Thank you very much. GDAX settings working nicely. Display still not changing color however. current price is below 8000, but when alarm is set to 8000, no color change. Using the latest version, 4.2.

There are two alerts with different behaviour - red alert and green alert. If you set the green one to 8000, it will trigger only after the price is above 8000. Try setting the price to 7000, or using the other alert.
movellan

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:54:02 AM

Not sure what I'm missing, but setting green alert at 8000 and red at 7600 when price is showing 7576 should make something change color, but it doesn't.

There are two alerts with different behaviour - red alert and green alert. If you set the green one to 8000, it will trigger only after the price is above 8000. Try setting the price to 7000, or using the other alert.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:46:36 AM

Not sure what I'm missing, but setting green alert at 8000 and red at 7600 when price is showing 7576 should make something change color, but it doesn't.

In that case, you should see price in red. Green alert appears when price is higher than 8000 (which it is not), and red alert when price is lower than 7600, which it is, and at least for me it correctly shows the price in red. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you, it's a pretty straightforward logic not dependent on anything else but the price and alert settings, at least for fixed alert setting.

If you want to see green alert, set it to, say, 7000 - but clear red alert as it overrides green alert if both are active (typically, red alert is supposed to be set lower than green).
movellan

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:33:47 PM

That did it. Now appears to be working correctly. Thanks. Sent BTC to your address.

BTW, might be a good idea to make the alarm go "DING" or some similar sound when it's triggered. TIA.

In that case, you should see price in red. Green alert appears when price is higher than 8000 (which it is not), and red alert when price is lower than 7600, which it is, and at least for me it correctly shows the price in red. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you, it's a pretty straightforward logic not dependent on anything else but the price and alert settings, at least for fixed alert setting.

If you want to see green alert, set it to, say, 7000 - but clear red alert as it overrides green alert if both are active (typically, red alert is supposed to be set lower than green).
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:49:54 PM

Thanks, much appreciated! Glad to hear it works.
movellan

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:28:49 PM

I'll have to experiment a bit more, but it seems that when it's closed down and restarted, it reverts to the default settings. Any way to keep one's settings "sticky". I use items that often require a daily machine reboot.

Thanks, much appreciated! Glad to hear it works.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:27:27 AM

I'll have to experiment a bit more, but it seems that when it's closed down and restarted, it reverts to the default settings. Any way to keep one's settings "sticky". I use items that often require a daily machine reboot.

When you start it, you basically "install it" and when close it you actually "uninstall it." There is no need to close them between reboots and they keep their settings between reboots by default as long as you don't close them. That's how basically all Windows gadgets work.

You can have several instances of MyBitcoins gadgets if you want - just start several. If you want to "hide" all gadgets, you can right click on the desktop and uncheck View / Show desktop gadgets, and you can bring them back (with all settings preserved) in the same way.
movellan

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:43:24 AM

OK, that makes sense. I'll try keeping it running when rebooting and see if it comes up in the same config. Thanks

When you start it, you basically "install it" and when close it you actually "uninstall it." There is no need to close them between reboots and they keep their settings between reboots by default as long as you don't close them. That's how basically all Windows gadgets work.

You can have several instances of MyBitcoins gadgets if you want - just start several. If you want to "hide" all gadgets, you can right click on the desktop and uncheck View / Show desktop gadgets, and you can bring them back (with all settings preserved) in the same way.
movellan

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:33:56 PM

MyBitcoins gadget has been working fine with the settings you posted for GDAX, but it's changing to CoinbasePro the end of the month. I'm using the new page now and it's pretty stable. Would you be so kind as to post the settings for the new page for MyBitcoins? TIA.
Mr.ZODIAC

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:39:04 PM

MyBitcoins gadget has been working fine with the settings you posted for GDAX, but it's changing to CoinbasePro the end of the month. I'm using the new page now and it's pretty stable. Would you be so kind as to post the settings for the new page for MyBitcoins? TIA.
Of course it's good to use Windows if the operating system is on a mobile device too. But how do users who use Android for their work act? Are there any apps for gadgets on Android?
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:28:26 PM

From what I see, CoinbasePro "Developer Platform" links to old GDAX documentation which doesn't mention that domain will change, so I assume that API will continue to work as usual. If at any point they decide to change the API, please let me know and I'll post updated settings - I'm not using them myself.

Of course it's good to use Windows if the operating system is on a mobile device too. But how do users who use Android for their work act? Are there any apps for gadgets on Android?

I have no plans to make this gadget mobile. But there are a bunch of alternatives for Android: https://thedroidguy.com/2018/05/5-best-bitcoin-ticker-widget-app-2018-1079691
CyranodeB.

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:47:42 AM

Bitstamp

Hi,

I am using the newest version of the gadget and i dont seam to be able to manage to configurate the tool to show the last quotes from bitstamp.

can you please help?

here the data i use:

https://www.bitstamp.net/api/v2/ticker/ethusd/
jason.last

Domchi (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:18:32 AM

I am using the newest version of the gadget and i dont seam to be able to manage to configurate the tool to show the last quotes from bitstamp.

here the data i use:

https://www.bitstamp.net/api/v2/ticker/ethusd/
jason.last

Use json.last instead jason.last - but just last will do as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: