Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:25:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Windows gadget which displays BTC and currency amounts  (Read 69162 times)
Domchi (OP)

Activity: 516
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 04:15:34 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2011, 12:20:08 AM by Domchi
Merited by Vod (5), suchmoon (4), ibminer (4), DiamondCardz (2), Lucius (1), judeafante (1)

Hi!

Do you want to see your BTC grow?

I did.

I wanted to be able to see two key pieces of information, my BTC and how much it's worth, but everything I found either wasn't a Windows gadget, or had too much info, or something... so I rolled my own.

This gadget can be configured to connect to up to 3 mining pools, fetch confirmed or unconfirmed rewards, payouts or whatever data is available. It can also connect to preferred exchange and get USD rate, and optionally connect to Yahoo Finance! and convert USD to any world currency.

Additionally, you can "correct" the shown amounts by adding or subtracting any amount of BTC; for example, to include BTC amount you exchanged or spent.

If you like it, you can let me know by sending some coins to 1CA1AL9X3VfZGYftnmRbQQeR7vdTwQyvhC - and if you have any questions/suggestions, fire away.

Download link: http://www.domchi.cc/mybitcoins/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 08:36:04 PM

Just a question on this gadget.

How often does is it update?

Found this variable inside:
var updateInterval = 10 * 60 * 1000;  // 10 min

Does that mean it updates every 10 minutes?

Thanks!
SJ
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:15:57 PM

Yes; every ten minutes.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:50:14 PM

Yes; every ten minutes.

OK, thanks, great windows gadget! 
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:55:14 PM
Merited by Vod (2)

Yes; every ten minutes.
that's rather slow. why not 10 seconds? which happens to be most exchange's api update interval.

here's a patched version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xfudytkbbq33g75 Grin

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
StewartJ

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:59:14 PM

Yes; every ten minutes.
that's rather slow. why not 10 seconds? which happens to be most exchange's api update interval.

here's a patched version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xfudytkbbq33g75 Grin

I already patched mine: the interval to 10 seconds  and also changed the default feed to "Last" instead of "Sell" price.

Thanks for the link though.

Domchi (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:45:44 PM

I updated the official version.

Previously there was only one update interval, set to 10 minutes (since there is one block every 10 minutes so that's how often mining pools update data). But exchanges of course update much faster.

Since there is no point in hitting mining pools as often as exchanges, I created two separate update intervals for pools and for an exchange. Both intervals are initially set to 10 minutes, but now anybody can easily tweak them through settings, each of them separately.

New version is available on http://www.domchi.cc/mybitcoins/. If you don't need to tweak update intervals, don't worry - there's no need to upgrade, you can continue using version 1.0.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Smiley
StewartJ

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:52:34 PM

Previously there was only one update interval, set to 10 minutes (since there is one block every 10 minutes so that's how often mining pools update data). But exchanges of course update much faster.

Since there is no point in hitting mining pools as often as exchanges, I created two separate update intervals for pools and for an exchange. Both intervals are initially set to 10 minutes, but now anybody can easily tweak them through settings, each of them separately.

New version is available on http://www.domchi.cc/mybitcoins/. If you don't need to tweak update intervals, don't worry - there's no need to upgrade, you can continue using version 1.0.

Awesome!  Many thanks for the upgrade.

I may PM you about an idea I have for similar gadget for a different kind of BTC conversion.

Thanks again!

Domchi (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 12:01:01 AM

I may PM you about an idea I have for similar gadget for a different kind of BTC conversion.

Please do. I'm particularly interested if anyone has any ideas how to make MyBitcoins better - though I strive to keep it as simple as possible so I can't promise that every suggestion will be implemented.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 01:52:24 AM

Please do. I'm particularly interested if anyone has any ideas how to make MyBitcoins better - though I strive to keep it as simple as possible so I can't promise that every suggestion will be implemented.

Sent you a little donation, by the way.

On your Forum signature, you should add a link to your bitcoin gadget, something like.

"Get the Bitcoin Gadget: a real-time BTC/USD price display for your PC desktop!"

It's amazing how the simplest things can be just so downright handy.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 03:21:15 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2012, 03:59:29 AM by StewartJ

Been playing with your update.

I went in gadget settings and changed exchange update time to 10 seconds, but after a while noticed mistaken thought
it was not updating, it looks like it might be still using the Mining Data interval of 10 minutes.

Gonna keep on testing and let you know what I find.

EDIT:  OK, it seems to be updating fine. Tested it with other real time tools and updated 4 times in a row instantly with the others.

FYI:  I'm not a miner (yet) but I was fooling around with the other stuff and noticed that the mining data time reverts back to the default of 10 minutes after I changed it in the settings.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 10:49:01 AM

EDIT:  OK, it seems to be updating fine. Tested it with other real time tools and updated 4 times in a row instantly with the others.
FYI:  I'm not a miner (yet) but I was fooling around with the other stuff and noticed that the mining data time reverts back to the default of 10 minutes after I changed it in the settings.

Sorry, I'm not quite clear on this in the end; did it revert or not? It should revert to 10 minutes only when you close the gadget completely and open a new instance (which resets all gadget settings anyway). Also, there is a built-in minimum which gets applied automatically if you enter value that is too small.

P.S. Thanks for donation. Smiley
StewartJ

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 06:00:28 PM

EDIT:  OK, it seems to be updating fine. Tested it with other real time tools and updated 4 times in a row instantly with the others.

Sorry, I'm not quite clear on this in the end; did it revert or not? It should revert to 10 minutes only when you close the gadget completely and open a new instance (which resets all gadget settings anyway). Also, there is a built-in minimum which gets applied automatically if you enter value that is too small.

P.S. Thanks for donation. Smiley

What is the minimum mining time? Maybe that's what was causing the time to default back.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 10:52:15 PM

What is the minimum mining time? Maybe that's what was causing the time to default back.

1 minute. 10 minutes is the setting applied only on the first run. I've tried reproducing this but I can't; could you please share your exact settings? I don't need exact amounts and pool keys, but I'd like to reproduce your setup as closely as possible. At what point does your mining time reset, after you exit settings?
StewartJ

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 11:16:42 PM

1 minute. 10 minutes is the setting applied only on the first run. I've tried reproducing this but I can't; could you please share your exact settings? I don't need exact amounts and pool keys, but I'd like to reproduce your setup as closely as possible. At what point does your mining time reset, after you exit settings?

Everything is working OK. not a miner here, just thought the exchange price was not updating, because of the mining default time.

Domchi (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 11:24:22 PM

Everything is working OK. not a miner here, just thought the exchange price was not updating, because of the mining default time.

OK. Smiley
When there are no mining pools defined, mining update time is irrelevant.
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 04:44:53 PM

We created a Project Page for both your Windows gadgets to help support the project and generate interest.
Here's the Bitcoin gadget page:  https://litebit.co/project-item/bitcoin-gadget/
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 09:31:52 PM

I've released the new version of the gadget (2.0), now with expanded view for traders and presets for traders and miners. The update covers all extra functionality developed for MyLitecoins gadget (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68288.0).

Download link is still the same: http://www.domchi.cc/mybitcoins/
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 08:17:29 PM

New versions of both BTC and LTC gadgets are available. Two changes in this version:

1. Support for international Windows versions. Gadget wouldn't install on German windows (or any version other than en-US), and it would ignore decimals on correction values if Windows was setup to use comma instead of decimal point. If you encountered this problems, please download the newest version and give it a try.

2. Ability to use Javascript in JSON keys. The json object variable name is "json". That means that JSON key can be referenced from Javascript like this: json.ticker.last - which allows to retrieve data from more complicated JSON responses. The old way of referencing keys ("last") still works, but is not able to parse JSON responses where there are, say, two JSON keys with the requested name.
Domchi (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 03:48:51 AM

Hi all. MyBitcoins gadget was updated today.

New feature is that now you can set alerts - when a certain amount is reached, value in gadget changes color to let you know that it's above or below threshold.

The Litecoin gadget has received the same update, and there are two new gadgets available as of today: MyNamecoins gadget and MyCoins gadget which is a universal gadget that can display any currency. Check them out if you're interested.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: