Bitcoin Forum
October 11, 2024, 12:19:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MOON] Mooncoin: You know where it's headed! KGW exploit FIXED 4/3/2014  (Read 1106885 times)
ratcatcher

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:38:20 AM

I'm new to Mooncoin so could someone explain to me the background to the redesign of the wallet (or direct me to the page in this thread where it's discussed in detail)?

Is the current Qt wallet (0.6.4.0) considered usable?  I have noticed that it has some problems synchronising and catching up with recent transactions.

I'm also unsure why a fork is being proposed.  Again, perhaps I missed some earlier discussion.

KOI/COYE: 5eFMV3xc46Kb62pjNJDkb2j7sFxhnaud3L
AUR: AaTcMBRoBHD7i48bLaE8QZXF3smF1bSwk9
MOON: 2JWdEG6RHwZq8edB4iLJ4F8HT782eP3gYe
oudekaas

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 09:47:14 AM

http://www.zazzle.com/mooncoinstore

T-shirts, iphone and Samsung Galaxy cases, pins,
mugs, stickers, mousepads, bags and more sufs with
Mooncoin logo

AWESOME IDEA, I do like the other mooncoinlogo better the less shiny one. It gives more of a Moon feel to it, like someone else mentioned before the moonpicture you are using is brighterbthen the sun itself Smiley
Nevertheless that is brilliant work!

I would personally buy a few thins if the logo looked a bit cooler, check the artwork from fayens.

▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM

oudekaas

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 09:52:22 AM

Thank you all.

Maybe like this?

This is not official logo! Only contribution.

Talking about this logo. But I guess we need devs approval if he is ok with that if you agree as well.
SOme of the art fayens made looks really cool as a picture on a Black t-shirt for instance.

≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM

oudekaas

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 09:55:20 AM

Oh and change the dollarsigns into Mooncoin numbers Smiley they must be paid by mooncoins lol

fayens can u make a picture with your mooncoin with a background of the miklyway or some sort i think it will look pretty awesome. Not that I am at the least artistic. Smiley

≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM

jepistons

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:06:09 PM

http://www.zazzle.com/mooncoinstore

T-shirts, iphone and Samsung Galaxy cases, pins,
mugs, stickers, mousepads, bags and more stuf with
Mooncoin logo
+1 right there Smiley I love being a bag holder
jepistons

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:11:12 PM

I'm new to Mooncoin so could someone explain to me the background to the redesign of the wallet (or direct me to the page in this thread where it's discussed in detail)?

Is the current Qt wallet (0.6.4.0) considered usable?  I have noticed that it has some problems synchronising and catching up with recent transactions.

I'm also unsure why a fork is being proposed.  Again, perhaps I missed some earlier discussion.

start from page 220 and read on up cause of what happen when moon took off wait for the new wallet thats going to be updated soon  I also vote Scrypt-Adaptive-Nfactor  to be added to moon
would definitely be a game changer check my sig for link we would be the second coin to have this lets look towards the future, I bet once  the n factor will be added lets see who will make sell walls Smiley
Fayens

Activity: 84

What?

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:22:46 PM

Oh and change the dollarsigns into Mooncoin numbers Smiley they must be paid by mooncoins lol

fayens can u make a picture with your mooncoin with a background of the miklyway or some sort i think it will look pretty awesome. Not that I am at the least artistic. Smiley

There you go: http://mooncoin.spreadshirt.com

Awaiting confirmation from Deaconboogie!

TIPS: EL3uQ4dXKyEKPxVkbtFv4AjsZMuhsZY67K • Thanks for the Tip
ratcatcher

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:02:32 PM

start from page 220 and read on up cause of what happen when moon took off wait for the new wallet thats going to be updated soon

Thanks for the pointer.  I started at 220 as suggested and read up to 230-odd.

I think I now understand the very basics of Kimoto Gravity Well and the reason for switching to it.  Am I right in thinking that in order to do this there HAS to be a fork and that the issue currently being grappled with is the migration from - or preservation of - the original blockchain?

With regard to the wallet, I understand that the original one had a virus but that the current one is OK (though I find it has problems synchronising and updating).  So I'm still not clear on the requirement for a new version.

KOI/COYE: 5eFMV3xc46Kb62pjNJDkb2j7sFxhnaud3L
AUR: AaTcMBRoBHD7i48bLaE8QZXF3smF1bSwk9
MOON: 2JWdEG6RHwZq8edB4iLJ4F8HT782eP3gYe
deaconboogie (OP)

Activity: 138

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 01:22:49 PM

It's possible: before height X calculate hash with old function, after height X - calculate hash with new function. The reasons why other altcoins don't do it:
  (a) hard forks are very annoying and risky, especially when the coin is already widely adopted
  (b) most altcoins don't have devs competent enough to do the change.

Mooncoin is still in its infant stage, we're forced to do a hard fork soon, and we have Deacon who's able to do the change (the complexity of the change is not higher than switching to gravity well). So I think we should consider it.

Question for anyone who knows...

Why is a new wallet considered a "hard fork" in this case? I have not changed the cryptographic keys used for the currency. As far as I understand, if you are a regular user and upgrade your client, once the block height gets to the height specified in the code for using the grav well, everything just keeps humming along as intended.

The only people who will get left out are those who keep running the old code.

Is that not correct?

Mooncoin: 2F4E859vh1ezhpdDnMZdcR4hS1gLn54ytf
BTC: 18S8XiKvFVhw6avx9tB21EHd3gNgomBFCK
deaconboogie (OP)

Activity: 138

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 01:43:57 PM

To all the folks talking about the logos...

Branding is very important and I love what Fayens has done and is doing, but the logo we've already created is what we've been using throughout the community from the start. It's used on the faucets, on various mining pools, on existing forums and reddits, in icons, etc.

Independent artwork and creative expressions of support for the currency are AWESOME and obviously fully supported! But the official logo is done, meaning it's the logo I'm sticking with for official purposes. I also strongly urge that people refrain from promoting third party logos to pool operators or anyone else simply because it will create a lot of confusion. If folks fire up the wallet and see the official logo and then see a different logo at a mining pool, they may become uncertain about what is going on.

The official logo is both representative of physical coinage and a traditional seal of authenticity (the fluted edges) and gives a holographic impression of a 3D object within a 2D plane (the glossy, golden moon). The repeating "to the moon" around the circumference implies the trajectory of its value and the design suggests through the use of tall and narrow logotype that this is indeed a "digital" currency.

That being said, please feel free to use Fayen's logos in an expressive fashion, but the official logo is here to stay.

Mooncoin: 2F4E859vh1ezhpdDnMZdcR4hS1gLn54ytf
BTC: 18S8XiKvFVhw6avx9tB21EHd3gNgomBFCK
CookieFactory

Activity: 118
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:04:24 PM

It's possible: before height X calculate hash with old function, after height X - calculate hash with new function. The reasons why other altcoins don't do it:
  (a) hard forks are very annoying and risky, especially when the coin is already widely adopted

Mooncoin is still in its infant stage, we're forced to do a hard fork soon, and we have Deacon who's able to do the change (the complexity of the change is not higher than switching to gravity well). So I think we should consider it.

Why is a new wallet considered a "hard fork" in this case? I have not changed the cryptographic keys used for the currency. As far as I understand, if you are a regular user and upgrade your client, once the block height gets to the height specified in the code for using the grav well, everything just keeps humming along as intended.

Is that not correct?

Yes, I believe that's correct.
Fayens

Activity: 84

What?

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:32:38 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 07:09:22 PM by Fayens

Final end product.
Side (a) Side (b)

This is not official logo! Only contribution.

TIPS: EL3uQ4dXKyEKPxVkbtFv4AjsZMuhsZY67K • Thanks for the Tip
jepistons

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:57:58 PM

Waiting for the new wallet  and watching all these sell walls
cryptoharvester

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:05:35 PM

http://doge.cryptoharvester.eu/images/harvester.gif

Tired of not running at optimal mining efficiency? Multipool outages and stale rate have hurt your profits per day? Are you in Europe and do you want to profit from the best possible connection to a truly over-dimensioned server? Want a nicer experience than stock MPOS? Want to have the best security for your money? We have based the pools on very latest MPOS core, updated daily and hang out in the MPOS chatroom with the devs to keep a keen eye on any new developments to keep the pool as safe as possible.

After running several private pools, we are now rolling out our public pools, they are still pristine. Mooncoin is the second to go live. You are very welcome to try us out!

MOON:Harvester
 http://moon.cryptoharvester.eu
 stratum+tcp://moon.cryptoharvester.eu:3335

Pool server specs:
  -Gigabit Internet connection
  -Telecenter TCN with added features.
  -Dual Quad Core Xeon with 6 x 8GB DDR3 RAM. 
  -Coin nodes and wallets running in seperate VPS's each for added performance and security.
  -Seperate cold wallet storage in two different countries.

Other niceties:
-VARDIFF, obviously
-Slick custom theme which makes everything look good!
-Our own chatroom
-We can predict the next blockreward after patching the coindaemon,
-We have live network stats of the MOON network integrated into our site

Coming soon:
  -Our own forum
  -SSL connections for everything
oudekaas

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 03:51:10 PM

To all the folks talking about the logos...

Branding is very important and I love what Fayens has done and is doing, but the logo we've already created is what we've been using throughout the community from the start. It's used on the faucets, on various mining pools, on existing forums and reddits, in icons, etc.

Independent artwork and creative expressions of support for the currency are AWESOME and obviously fully supported! But the official logo is done, meaning it's the logo I'm sticking with for official purposes. I also strongly urge that people refrain from promoting third party logos to pool operators or anyone else simply because it will create a lot of confusion. If folks fire up the wallet and see the official logo and then see a different logo at a mining pool, they may become uncertain about what is going on.

The official logo is both representative of physical coinage and a traditional seal of authenticity (the fluted edges) and gives a holographic impression of a 3D object within a 2D plane (the glossy, golden moon). The repeating "to the moon" around the circumference implies the trajectory of its value and the design suggests through the use of tall and narrow logotype that this is indeed a "digital" currency.

That being said, please feel free to use Fayen's logos in an expressive fashion, but the official logo is here to stay.

yeah fair point! And I agree we must not create confusion and use the official logo as much as possible,  as you are not willing to change it we will have to use yours!! nevertheless for less serious purposes there is only one mooncoin and as long as it say mooncoin and to the moon, people will understand that we talking from the same hymne sheet. It is probably wise to run any new projects and graphics via the dev anyway just to be sure he approves. We need a chain of command and you are the commander Dev Smiley.
We will be your moonsoldiers.:p What we are saying is you have a small team that is willing to help out, now all you need to do is delegate projects/ ideas. I also think we should make a list of people that are now trying to define mooncoin, purely for the reasons stated above. If unknown people are starting projects that could damage moon, nobody would know if they are part of the community or not. For instance I could start a scam under a different name, people need to know who they are dealing with. Not saying we have to give out our identity, but maybe make an oversight of who is who and tell them who you are what your incentive is for Moon, i think the dev would have to start Smiley. How did you get into crypto dev, why choose for Moon, have you started other projects, what is your programming background. longterm views on Moon. Most of all it's gotta be no nonsense just be straightforward. If you think we are not going very fast right now just say it, people want proof not just wishful thinking. Like i said it is better to finish 1 small project then dream of something that ain't gonna happen right now!
We need to get an identity

≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM

elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:07:59 PM

max keiser the man partially behind the worst launch ever has tweeted. "sell quark and buy moon"   Cool

https://twitter.com/maxkeiser/status/431117060853092352

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
drmadcat

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:40:37 PM

max keiser the man partially behind the worst launch ever has tweeted. "sell quark and buy moon"   Cool

https://twitter.com/maxkeiser/status/431117060853092352

Why even post that?
puvar

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:10:25 PM

Is that not correct?

It's called hard fork because you're forcing users to update their clients. If 50% of the clients still run the old code they can create their own blockchain (that's called chain split), because after block X old clients will stop accepting blocks from new clients and new clients will stop accepting blocks from old clients. The blocks will be rejected because of the difficulty difference (which will be different between old and new clients most of the time).

Here are lines of code in CBlock::AcceptBlock() that will cause this effect:

// Check proof of work                                                                               
    if (nBits != GetNextWorkRequired(pindexPrev, this))
        return DoS(100, error("AcceptBlock() : incorrect proof of work"));

So if more than 50% run the old client by the time of block X, it's the people running the new client will be left out.

(Sorry, I was not sure what details you were expecting in the answer. Hope this helps.)
sfireman

Activity: 206

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:38:19 PM

MOON just started from the moon, expecting to land on earth at 1 satoshi lol Cheesy
panic! dump!

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
oudekaas

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 08:15:13 PM

MOON just started from the moon, expecting to land on earth at 1 satoshi lol Cheesy
panic! dump!

Lol I doubt anyone wants to sell below 10 unless desperate. Let me try the following!
I am putting 1 million mooncoin to go to a charity that helps sick kids to the Moon by giving them the day or week of their life.

Child Charity (I am still looking for the right charity to choose) Also I would like to mention the following. If every mooner that is part of the sell walls, deletes the sellwalls so we can move upwards, I will give another 1 million mooncoins + the gain of that 1 million mooncoins and the community may decide when I cash that out.

So if my 1 mill become 4 mill I will spent the whole 4 mill to child charity and so on. The cutoff has to be decided by someone else. Do something good and make yourself feel good, get rid of the walls help those who really need it and make yourselves rich by doing so! Join the community and no matter what you give anything is welcome if only 100 mooncoins just give it. Right now just reply to this list, reply and add your name to the list. Once I have found a charity and there are enough people joining in, I will set the charity up with a mooncoin wallet and will make sure all the details are clear before you transfer it to their wallet. We can get extra publicity by getting t-shirts and merchandise out there on these specific days as well. How cool would it be to send a plane full of kids that need it to Disneyland for instance, I have connections in the airline industry and could make this happen with enough funding. There are a ton of possibilities to help these kids all we need are some stupid funds. So forget about your ferrari, get a porsche and spend some on good causes whilst helping Mooncoin rise! There is no reason for these sellwalls at 20 plus it kills us, think about it. Give investors a chance to get Mooncoin going, this coin is worth more then 10 satoshi and deep down you know it!

1. Oudekaas.           1 million moon + 1 mill and gain (I bought at 11 satoshi)

≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM

Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: