Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:31:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PRT] Particle | CPU/GPU, Fast, Easy Mine, * NO PREMINE * | Official Thread  (Read 354201 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chowdan

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:27:23 PM

To everyone:

I think we need to redistribute the hashing power on our coin. This i dont think has been brought up yet, however people need to STOP mining on CoinMines server and move the power to the other servers.

Coinmine currently pulling way to much hashing power compaired to the other servers that are out there.

Please move some of your hashing power out of CoinMine and into the other servers before we get to be a popular coin! This will help all of us in terms of security!

I have moved off CoinMine and over to SuprNova's site. CoinMine and Mine-Pool seem to be both pulling the majority of the network's power - atleast for pools

Where do you look to see how much the pools are pulling compared to network?

We don't have a source to view the network hash rate (as far as i can tell), but the time is coming before people pull their GPU farms off the coin(LTC diff drop will force gpu's back to it) and block reward too low for farms to keep all in.

That being said, i was comparing pool hash power individually. Not the best gauge of how much power is being put towards the coin, but it gives a some what "rough" estimate.

IF GPU's were to pull all out(smelter only allows solo mining), then we would have a serious issue which is why i suggest we start to combat the issue prior to having a potential issue.

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:39:32 PM

I have add nodes to 1st post.

We had great idea trollbox on forum.bitparticle.com today to have particle:// links like magnet:// links.  So I am implement for Windows asynchronous pluggable protocol.  Will need define what can do, but first we can do like particle://send/address/amount/comment and particle://app/myapp/somethingitcando.

Hilux raises valid question.  As for 1st point, there are many valid use case, but of course not so appropriate one too.  Do we need angry bird in our wallet?  Probably not.  But there are lots of other possibilties.  Do not underestimate power of having user attention, and attractive of app as like TV in front.

As for 2nd point.  I don't know whole answer yet.  It remains to be figured out.  I imagine will work a lot like Linux repos.  But, security definitely priority.  Apps will run in sandbox.  Technical user like us on btalk are smart enough to check things, but mass population are not.  Only have to look at Windows to understand level of idiots out there ;-)  So, we will put up fences around what apps can do and run in isolated sandbox.  Personally I will only run from source I compile or inspect dll with ILSpy. 

chowdan gets the ethos 100%. very well put.

We are going to enter uncharted territory, but this what makes us special and not copy/paste clone, and what bring opportunity.

Thanks moonmoon (and others) for addressing my concerns and widening my view on the 'app' topic.  Once again always very impressed when I read responses from moonmoon, very confidence inspiring.
northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:58:49 PM

Buying Particles. PM me your offer. I dont want to use Coinedup since slow system

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:03:56 AM

We had great idea trollbox on forum.bitparticle.com today to have particle:// links like magnet:// links.  So I am implement for Windows asynchronous pluggable protocol.  Will need define what can do, but first we can do like particle://send/address/amount/comment and particle://app/myapp/somethingitcando.

I really like this idea for many reasons. I think with enough different types of commands it would make website development very fast for using particle by generating these links in PHP or Javascript/etc to create functional websites for Particle; Games, Exhanges, even Stores. You would also need the ability to sign unique IDs to links, so you could intergrate databases, have login systems, etc.

Like; particle://send/address/amount/id/

It would make designing websites for coins extremely fast.

So id might be your id in the database for your online account, so the website database can keep track of transactions, while the link also functions to send coins to the website's wallet. All the security side of things can be handled by the website. You just need to provide the functionality for integration. id would have to match the session data from login, so all the security is handled by the web developer.

Really promising idea.
You mean like use as REST abstraction over the RPC interface?  Only trouble I see is not wanting to run gui wallet on server.  So, we could make a server mode, but then how to do the pluggable protocol on linux...this I don't know how.  If it is like Windows registry entry, something similar on linux, then we could do it. 

I am not too familiar with linux, but yes, I'm talking about having the wallet run on the server somehow to allow you to interface with it via urls. The wallet would poll for responses and act accordingly. The security can be handled by the web developers, who would limit what commands the wallet could receive in server mode based on authorisation or whatever limits they set. All that would be in the web code.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
moonmoon (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 12:07:36 AM

We had great idea trollbox on forum.bitparticle.com today to have particle:// links like magnet:// links.  So I am implement for Windows asynchronous pluggable protocol.  Will need define what can do, but first we can do like particle://send/address/amount/comment and particle://app/myapp/somethingitcando.

I really like this idea for many reasons. I think with enough different types of commands it would make website development very fast for using particle by generating these links in PHP or Javascript/etc to create functional websites for Particle; Games, Exhanges, even Stores. You would also need the ability to sign unique IDs to links, so you could intergrate databases, have login systems, etc.

Like; particle://send/address/amount/id/

It would make designing websites for coins extremely fast.

So id might be your id in the database for your online account, so the website database can keep track of transactions, while the link also functions to send coins to the website's wallet. All the security side of things can be handled by the website. You just need to provide the functionality for integration. id would have to match the session data from login, so all the security is handled by the web developer.

Really promising idea.
You mean like use as REST abstraction over the RPC interface?  Only trouble I see is not wanting to run gui wallet on server.  So, we could make a server mode, but then how to do the pluggable protocol on linux...this I don't know how.  If it is like Windows registry entry, something similar on linux, then we could do it. 

I am not too familiar with linux, but yes, I'm talking about having the wallet run on the server somehow to allow you to interface with it via urls. The wallet would poll for responses and act accordingly. The security can be handled by the web developers, who would limit what commands the wallet could receive in server mode based on authorisation or whatever limits they set. All that would be in the web code.
You can do this today with RPC interface...  Although I can see REST is a little simpler to code to.  For Windows/ASP.Net developer ultimate would be WCF binding Cheesy

particle://prt/send/Pjh1SXpcgaQ7bbbweXU1ioQUWcNtW4yZZx
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:08:36 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 12:54:24 AM by matauc12

I have add nodes to 1st post.

Hilux raises valid question.  As for 1st point, there are many valid use case, but of course not so appropriate one too.  Do we need angry bird in our wallet?  Probably not.  But there are lots of other possibilties.  Do not underestimate power of having user attention, and attractive of app as like TV in front.

As for 2nd point.  I don't know whole answer yet.  It remains to be figured out.  I imagine will work a lot like Linux repos.  But, security definitely priority.  Apps will run in sandbox.  Technical user like us on btalk are smart enough to check things, but mass population are not.  Only have to look at Windows to understand level of idiots out there ;-)  So, we will put up fences around what apps can do and run in isolated sandbox.  Personally I will only run from source I compile or inspect dll with ILSpy.  

chowdan gets the ethos 100%. very well put.

We are going to enter uncharted territory, but this what makes us special and not copy/paste clone, and what bring opportunity.

Thanks moonmoon (and others) for addressing my concerns and widening my view on the 'app' topic.  Once again always very impressed when I read responses from moonmoon, very confidence inspiring.
I admire your open mind to counter arguments sir.
chowdan

Activity: 134

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:08:50 AM

Buying Particles. PM me your offer. I dont want to use Coinedup since slow system

Unfortunately Coinedup is our only trading system. If you are buying from any user, i recommend using an escrow service to limit your risk of theft.

I would also suggest for your own safety sake to use coinedup and deal with the slow speed as they have no transaction fee where an escrow service might.

xiaowuguikuaipao

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:12:14 AM

This is a revolution that we rub one's eyes and wait
novocaine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:29:48 AM

This is a revolution that we rub one's eyes and wait

¸¸.•*¨*•...... I see Particles ....... Everywhere ¸¸.•*¨*•

Taken with Webpage Screenshot
EpStROM

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:44:05 AM

penambang

Activity: 548
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 02:46:56 AM

Block Explorer Updated!

Really nice...
Allepisodes

Activity: 132

If you knew better, You'd do better

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:48:18 AM

curious if i wanted to sell things on a website and accept particle as payment what would i need?  Im thinking lets make it easy for people to offer services that accept particle most other coins wait ages before services are offered.

COI =CZRLd6rgyvBppSQXmCeDJ1x3hjLZq1a5yp
Dnote =DZtZnzZU2EkXgTF7j8iZgmsov9pq6Sq88n
PMP =PJgVMaZCDbBsPgHzvxNHmqDPE3BCDx9bRx
qbd1313

Activity: 332

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:01:29 AM

Really nice...
amazing
Allepisodes

Activity: 132

If you knew better, You'd do better

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:09:25 AM

Particle News -anything particle new plugins/apps that were released and what they do.

Particle Developments - whats currently in the works/whats in the next wallet update.

What about skins to really make the wallet how you want it kind of like Winamp was.

Maybe a Ticker for your browser Firefox,IE,Crome ... .  once particle make it to major exchanges for people who don't have there wallet open all the time or who want to keep track from work.

the 1st 3 would be nice to put in the wallet if they are not already.

back to brainstorming i go.

COI =CZRLd6rgyvBppSQXmCeDJ1x3hjLZq1a5yp
Dnote =DZtZnzZU2EkXgTF7j8iZgmsov9pq6Sq88n
PMP =PJgVMaZCDbBsPgHzvxNHmqDPE3BCDx9bRx
moonmoon (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 04:26:02 AM

Particle News -anything particle new plugins/apps that were released and what they do.

Particle Developments - whats currently in the works/whats in the next wallet update.

What about skins to really make the wallet how you want it kind of like Winamp was.

Maybe a Ticker for your browser Firefox,IE,Crome ... .  once particle make it to major exchanges for people who don't have there wallet open all the time or who want to keep track from work.

the 1st 3 would be nice to put in the wallet if they are not already.

back to brainstorming i go.

I have been trying to figure what to put on dashboard of wallet where logo was.  I put QR code.  But, news/development info is good idea.

I have implemented the QR codes, and almost done address book, send and receive functions so it will shortly be usable wallet.

You read my mind with winamp/xmms :-)  Implementing skin framework is a real pain ;-)  Maybe once code is released someone in community can retrofit...  it is tedious work and takes long time, but would be cool.

Tickers would be very nice.  I have android phone, would love ticker alert app that knows when you looked at it last, and if values change pushes notification.  I really want Android wallet to take with me.  Then when I am home, I can point it at new wallet on laptop screen, catch QR code and send funds from android wallet to computer for long term storage.  If nobody does android wallet after I am done with new desktop wallet I will do it, bitcoin android wallet code is open source can take it and modify and enhance for Particle.

moonmoon (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 04:35:21 AM

This is very nice!  Thank you!

kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:45:47 AM

Tickers would be very nice.  I have android phone, would love ticker alert app that knows when you looked at it last, and if values change pushes notification.  I really want Android wallet to take with me.  Then when I am home, I can point it at new wallet on laptop screen, catch QR code and send funds from android wallet to computer for long term storage.  If nobody does android wallet after I am done with new desktop wallet I will do it, bitcoin android wallet code is open source can take it and modify and enhance for Particle.

Ticker alert app would be really nice yasuki, ive tried to make one based on cryptsy prices but its desktop based. I would love a ticker app on my phone specifically on IOS but android would do, ill just get a cheap android for that app alone. Another thing is the SMS feature like webmoney http://wiki.wmtransfer.com/projects/webmoney/wiki/Payment_via_SMS and 2 way authentication for the wallet, so instead of only using the traditional phrase code we could add 2 way authentication like sms verification code or email verification code before you can send particles.
moonmoon (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 07:48:04 AM

Getting closer to feature parity with the Qt wallet:

needmoreprofit

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:05:39 AM

Maybe we should start a new topic? - something like change log of new wallet with picture of what you do ,what adding in wallet and what you will adding .
This may attract more interest to PRT from those who do not know about a new wallet ,because new wallet is important feature of PRT. But many people don't know about new wallet.... Cry

PRT - PbmHw7wksumZhvf5EwznD26VedTQ3agEvU
moonmoon (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 08:13:45 AM

Maybe we should start a new topic? - something like change log of new wallet with picture of what you do ,what adding in wallet and what you will adding .
This may attract more interest to PRT from those who do not know about a new wallet ,because new wallet is important feature of PRT. But many people don't know about new wallet.... Cry
This is a good idea.  I will put one together this weekend.  Right now we are flying under the radar ;-)

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: