Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:15:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PRT] Particle | CPU/GPU, Fast, Easy Mine, * NO PREMINE * | Official Thread  (Read 354196 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:06:29 AM

If moonmoon changes the block reward, I think more people will leave than will come.  Myself included.  The network hash rate if fine.  What is the problem?

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jean Bax

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:11:33 AM

NOTHING has been confirmed until the dev (moonmoon) states it!

Dev mentioned the idea. The idea of doubling or tripling the reward block (no maths, just random statement...). The idea itself is an insult for me, and to all who put big money in it.

It's also heavy manipulation.

In business/market, rumors are enough. This kind of rumor you can even sell them for a good price.

If moonmoon changes the block reward, I think more people will leave than will come.

^
ssshhh

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:17:31 AM

If moonmoon changes the block reward, I think more people will leave than will come.  Myself included.  The network hash rate if fine.  What is the problem?

1) Suggestions are being posed to increase the block reward to attract more miners, which will increase network hashrate/difficulty, which will secure the network against a large botnet/pool takeover.
More miners will better protect the network from attack but will decrease the amount of coins mined as the difficulty will increase.

Whatever way this goes more miners == higher difficulty == less coins mined.  

The only solution that benefits EVERYONE is  that each and every person involved has to agree to spread the word about Particle to increase it's profile to non-Particle owners.  This will increase the price as more NEW buyers enter the market (and the current miners/holders sell their coins at higher prices).

The real issue is the CURRENT price per Particle does not support a mining operation and therefore the network hashrate decreases.

We ALL need to help to increase exposure and the price will go up.  We should not be depending on the new wallet alone to increase market cap.

EDIT: Just my thoughts, I am not a dev but have been pushing Particle as best I can.
Allepisodes

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

If you knew better, You'd do better

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:23:18 AM

MoonMoon its your coin do as you see fit. Investing money is a game of chance saying you invested a ton of money into something you did not create as if now he should listen to only you makes no sense. Besides hes just asking and hasn't made any changes yet

in my opinion we need to make sure the coin doesn't die otherwise all investors will goto another coin

i see miners saying good idea and investors not offering any ideas other then do what makes us money never mind everybody else.

COI =CZRLd6rgyvBppSQXmCeDJ1x3hjLZq1a5yp
Dnote =DZtZnzZU2EkXgTF7j8iZgmsov9pq6Sq88n
PMP =PJgVMaZCDbBsPgHzvxNHmqDPE3BCDx9bRx
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:31:24 AM

If moonmoon changes the block reward, I think more people will leave than will come.  Myself included.  The network hash rate if fine.  What is the problem?

The hash rate is drifting lower and as it gets lower the coin loses its security.   Someone can basically take over the blockchain and control transactions at some point.   With bitcoin or LTC that would be impossible to do.   The other thing that happens is the time between blocks gets longer and longer.   Are you going to be happy when it takes days to confirm a transaction?   That is why coins die without miners.   There are ways around it, but it takes time and lots of very well written code.  

It takes time to get a coin going to the point where there are enough transactions to support miners.  Bitcoin isn't there yet, think about that!   However mining bitcoin is profitable so it doesn't really matter.    I really don't understand the hate towards miners.  They have invested far more into the future of coins than most that just want to trade or use the coins.   Without miners the coin dies and the value goes to zero.   Is that what you want?
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:34:06 AM

MoonMoon its your coin do as you see fit. Investing money is a game of chance saying you invested a ton of money into something you did not create as if now he should listen to only you makes no sense. Besides hes just asking and hasn't made any changes yet

in my opinion we need to make sure the coin doesn't die otherwise all investors will goto another coin

i see miners saying good idea and investors not offering any ideas other then do what makes us money never mind everybody else.

I did offer another approach ... the investors could also start mining PRT and share the loss of sustaining PRT.  If thousands of people mined even just with their CPUs, it would keep the coin going.     
ssshhh

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:36:40 AM

I did offer another approach ... the investors could also start mining PRT and share the loss of sustaining PRT.  If thousands of people mined even just with their CPUs, it would keep the coin going.     

That would help (they would all have to be mining in a pool though, because if you are not contributing to, or actually finding blocks, you are just burning electricity).
Randy pNut

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:37:19 AM

Wow, such manipulation.

JB you're very harsh/mad but you're right.
I'm also leaving this, i think the whole circle will leave it until getting an update.
ssshhh

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:40:05 AM

Wow, such manipulation.

Nothing has been done or confirmed.  Just people sharing thoughts and ideas.  Where is the manipulation?
Randy pNut

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:47:11 AM

Wow, such manipulation.

Nothing has been done or confirmed, where is the manipulation?
hi,i'm preventing in case that happen.if it's happen + i don't protect my bitcoin i may lost hard.If I prevent+this not happen or this happen = i lost no BTC.
qbd1313

Activity: 332

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:56:17 AM

the new wallet is Enough
when it will Release?
coinrudar

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:01:35 AM

Come on people, show some faith and support. Moonmoon suggested this with best intentions. And again - suggested only! He asked for an opinion from a community. You didn't even wait for his response, but started to pull out and spread the bad word. Why? Use the same energy to promote PRT and raise it's value.

I am a miner and also I invested my money, energy and time in PRT. I still believe in it. Not quitting Smiley
ssshhh

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:09:27 AM

Come on people, show some faith and support. Moonmoon suggested this with best intentions. And again - suggested only! He asked for an opinion from a community. You didn't even wait for his response, but started to pull out and spread the bad word. Why? Use the same energy to promote PRT and raise it's value.

I am a miner and also I invested my money, energy and time in PRT. I still believe in it. Not quitting Smiley

+1
qbd1313

Activity: 332

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:10:08 AM

+1
needmoreprofit

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:31:51 AM

+1

PRT - PbmHw7wksumZhvf5EwznD26VedTQ3agEvU
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:21:29 PM

Rewarding miners now to bring MORE people into this coin is one way we can grow our user base as well as keeping the coin afloat.

No. If the coin isn't profitable now to mine, you really think up the reward will make this coin more profitable ? You'll change the hardcore spec each time the hashrate look not good enough ?

I say it's manipulation.
Can't believe what I read. I'm leaving definitively this crap. Dev, you're doing a heavy mistake. I hope other devs will learn from your fall.
You're just saying f*** to all peoples putting big money in your coin, for some idiot miners that don't understand they wont make a bigger profit because you increase the block reward.

edit: you really should replace your thread title: ** NO PREMINE BUT COIN MANIPULATION, YOU BUY IT ? WE FUCK YOU **

There are always someone believe in something but others not, if you dont like it,just empty your wallet,others will take it.Go ahead genius. Grin
harsh words for something that was only a proposition or question from dev to the community. Decision is not made yet

Yup I'm pretty harsh, sorry for this.
This decision is just terrible, this idea itself is an insult to people put lots of money into the coin.

I'm gonna spread the new to my coop right now as the idea is confirmed, I'll try to save a little of there money for those don't want to bet or risk.

I'm afraid to see the dev team is even minding about this, it's like childrens playing with people money (aka politics with peoples). "oh a red buttom, lets push to see !".

if you dont like it,just empty your wallet,others will take it.Go ahead genius.
Already done. I won't stop here. Business not happen alone.
Ofc you don't care, me to at least. Your choice f*** peoples who spend lot in the coin.

I defend this coin hard cause I like it, but it's not the point
You are playing with thousand of my dollars and lots of my BTC, and not only with mines.
I put shitload of money in this coin, glad I lost nothing except time. Understand I'm angry. I spent money and time to bring price up for damn miners who don't understand anything to maths.
I admire your open mind and your "what I think is the only right thing". There has been a lot of arguments about this and it has been pointed out many times this is most likely a good scenario for investors moreso than miners. You seem to believe that a coin can survive without mining, that in itself removes a lot of credibility to your statements. The change is so minor and barely affects overall distribution. You decided to throw a bit of a th in there, but your math is very subjective, it's like saying 2 apples + 4 apples = 6 apples. We know. It's the repercussion of those numbers that mean something* and that repercussion is positive, not negative.

I am most likely 1 of the top 3 particle coin holders, I have donated over million particle to help promotion in various ways, I do not mine. But I would welcome that change greatly.

So far the contribution I've seen from you is some baseless FUD and assumption that a change good for the health of the coin is bad.

alxcoiner

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:05:52 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 02:19:37 PM by alxcoiner

+1

Also I suggest, that big step - is a release of wallet. Then we`ll see the reaction. And then only think about other stuff. In any case it would be relatively soon. A little patience is what we need ))

Also, Moonmoon, give us some new hints about march announcements and promotions. As I remember, something interesting is coming.
moonmoon (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 02:19:46 PM

We have some good discussion going, this is good!

From my perspective, changing the max # of coins is the variable that would really have a negative impact.  However, keep in mind as we've seen with a lot of other coins, Doge in particular, that fundamentals don't necessarily always equate.  Doge for instance has a massive coin supply and yet continues to see huge volume and nice prices.  Just something to keep in mind.

I understand the point of view of Jean Bax, but we need to consider the cost-benefit and impact of doing nothing.  But I get that a hardfork and change to the coin parameters is not a minor change and can be unsettling.

Now, on the other hand, what really will support the price and drive interest and attract more miners is publicity and social media marketing.  This effort will really kick in once the new wallet is out and the platform comes up behind it.

The problem is I only have so much bandwidth.  My suggestion is if we are going to make a change to the block reward, we do it now BEFORE the interest really picks up again, and make sure we get it right so we don't have to worry about another hardfork down the road when the impact would be worse.

I know everyone is pushing to have the next gen wallet _now_ Cheesy  I am working as fast as I can behind the scenes.  I am making good progress, but we need to decide what to do about the core Qt wallet and daemon before putting out the next gen wallet.

The alternative is we don't change it for now, focus on putting the next gen wallet out and marketing, and see how the market reacts.    But we would need to do as previously suggested and get people organized into mining for the sake of keeping the network hash rate at a reasonable level.

I am open to either option, and trying to be responsive to what the community wants.  So, for now, I propose that I spend the next week focusing on the next gen wallet and getting updated screenies in the hands of the graphic designers, in the meantime the communty can continue the discussion, and then we can take a decision.

Also, to answer another question from a few pages back - the next release of the next gen wallet will be a real Beta as opposed to an alpha drop - this is my goal, but requires more effort to polish before I push it out.  Need UI QA, etc. and some real release packaging.

I am very committed to seeing Particle succeed and become an established platform.  This is my real interest in Particle is longer term being able to build some entrepreneurial things around it on top of the platform.  Since this type of platform didn't exist before, I decided to build it. ;-)  If this were a client project, it's the kind of thing I'd put 5 guys on.  It is me doing the work of an entire team Cheesy  It also means I have to space things out and pace myself on purpose to avoid burnout.

I have been approached by a lot of people hitting me up to do coins and various development for them.  I have turned them all down to keep focused on Particle.

The past few weeks have been a little hectic - we've had crazy weather, the flu, etc. slowing things down a bit.  But now we're heading towards spring and things are back at full steam.  I don't know if anyone's seen some of my other posts on here but here is another piece of news:  one of the things I've been looking at over the past few weeks is Open Transactions.  I think this will be the next major activity after the Beta 1 release of the next gen wallet, to integrate and use the OT platform as the solution to a number of features we want to bring into the wallet.  This is part of the reason I was a little quiet for awhile, as I was looking into how much of this I could pull off now vs later.  As I look at the development schedule shaping up, I think this will fall in after Beta 2 time frame.  I'll get a post up on the blog today with a better breakdown of the current schedule.

particle://prt/send/Pjh1SXpcgaQ7bbbweXU1ioQUWcNtW4yZZx
ssshhh

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:35:37 PM

The alternative is we don't change it for now, focus on putting the next gen wallet out and marketing, and see how the market reacts.    But we would need to do as previously suggested and get people organized into mining for the sake of keeping the network hash rate at a reasonable level.

Given the concerns posed by community members, this will be the most productive and profitable solution for EVERYONE.  WHEN  Grin the price increases investors/holders/miners will be happier!

Your PRT will be valued higher, your ROI will be higher.  In regards to the miners, at such a low difficulty if it is at all possible to command a larger percentage of the overall network hashrate (by adding more mining nodes) you will increase the amount of coins mined in a set period (acknowledging increased costs but with the difficulty this low, it's the best time to look at this option).

As always, this is just my thoughts on the situation..

buzhiwuz

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:51:08 PM

We have some good discussion going, this is good!

From my perspective, changing the max # of coins is the variable that would really have a negative impact.  However, keep in mind as we've seen with a lot of other coins, Doge in particular, that fundamentals don't necessarily always equate.  Doge for instance has a massive coin supply and yet continues to see huge volume and nice prices.  Just something to keep in mind.

I understand the point of view of Jean Bax, but we need to consider the cost-benefit and impact of doing nothing.  But I get that a hardfork and change to the coin parameters is not a minor change and can be unsettling.

Now, on the other hand, what really will support the price and drive interest and attract more miners is publicity and social media marketing.  This effort will really kick in once the new wallet is out and the platform comes up behind it.

The problem is I only have so much bandwidth.  My suggestion is if we are going to make a change to the block reward, we do it now BEFORE the interest really picks up again, and make sure we get it right so we don't have to worry about another hardfork down the road when the impact would be worse.

I know everyone is pushing to have the next gen wallet _now_ Cheesy  I am working as fast as I can behind the scenes.  I am making good progress, but we need to decide what to do about the core Qt wallet and daemon before putting out the next gen wallet.

The alternative is we don't change it for now, focus on putting the next gen wallet out and marketing, and see how the market reacts.    But we would need to do as previously suggested and get people organized into mining for the sake of keeping the network hash rate at a reasonable level.

I am open to either option, and trying to be responsive to what the community wants.  So, for now, I propose that I spend the next week focusing on the next gen wallet and getting updated screenies in the hands of the graphic designers, in the meantime the communty can continue the discussion, and then we can take a decision.

Also, to answer another question from a few pages back - the next release of the next gen wallet will be a real Beta as opposed to an alpha drop - this is my goal, but requires more effort to polish before I push it out.  Need UI QA, etc. and some real release packaging.

I am very committed to seeing Particle succeed and become an established platform.  This is my real interest in Particle is longer term being able to build some entrepreneurial things around it on top of the platform.  Since this type of platform didn't exist before, I decided to build it. ;-)  If this were a client project, it's the kind of thing I'd put 5 guys on.  It is me doing the work of an entire team Cheesy  It also means I have to space things out and pace myself on purpose to avoid burnout.

I have been approached by a lot of people hitting me up to do coins and various development for them.  I have turned them all down to keep focused on Particle.

The past few weeks have been a little hectic - we've had crazy weather, the flu, etc. slowing things down a bit.  But now we're heading towards spring and things are back at full steam.  I don't know if anyone's seen some of my other posts on here but here is another piece of news:  one of the things I've been looking at over the past few weeks is Open Transactions.  I think this will be the next major activity after the Beta 1 release of the next gen wallet, to integrate and use the OT platform as the solution to a number of features we want to bring into the wallet.  This is part of the reason I was a little quiet for awhile, as I was looking into how much of this I could pull off now vs later.  As I look at the development schedule shaping up, I think this will fall in after Beta 2 time frame.  I'll get a post up on the blog today with a better breakdown of the current schedule.

Every time you post a message saying all week to week. How many times a week. Do you have a little credit? Some would say every day talk. How much time to wait for you to slowly develop. Do not wait for you to put all the stuff ready. In re going to dig? How many people lost every day you know. Just because you are not responsible for these deeds. I feel you are cheating. Is fooling
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: