Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:25:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PRT] Particle | CPU/GPU, Fast, Easy Mine, * NO PREMINE * | Official Thread  (Read 354203 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
prosperity

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:00:35 PM

Sounds good... Where do you want me to send it?

Sent you a reply via Email..  

I think I said bottom left of particle-qt, it's bottom right for checking nodes (duh!).

Let's hope we were lucky!  Smiley

It worked Grin

Thank you for the help and for being so trustworthy. I just sent you some PRT.
ssshhh

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:05:48 PM

I think I said bottom left of particle-qt, it's bottom right for checking nodes (duh!).

It worked Grin

Cool.  Thanks for the donation to my millionaires fund..
ssshhh

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:06:26 PM

It worked Grin

Cool.  Thanks for the donation to my millionaires fund..

F*** me..  That was VERY generous..  Appreciated!   Grin
waldwichtel

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:40:31 PM

Where can we see the total hashrate of the network? I can see the hashrate of my pool but I have no idea about the network hashrate...

If the hashrate is correct, maybe we can just extend the 90 coins block reward for longer (6 months or so) instead of increasing the block reward... Because if my calculation is correct, block reward will halve again in 13 days or so. If the new wallet is not out by then and the price stays the same, more miners will leave and the network might be in troubles...

network hashrate == difficulty * 2^32 / 15       ## ( 2^32 is the max hash value the miner is looking for in 8secs ) (15sec blocks )

so at the current difficulty 720.5789057 * 65535 / 15 = 3148209.2390033 = 3.14 GH/s

are you sure?
2^32 = 4294967296 and not 65535. this would mean the hashrate is extremely high...

but:
my pool says it has a hashrate of nearly 0.4GH/s and it gets nearly all blocks, so i'd guess the net-hashrate is somewhere at 0.4 GH/s
ssshhh

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:39:34 AM

Where can we see the total hashrate of the network? I can see the hashrate of my pool but I have no idea about the network hashrate...

If the hashrate is correct, maybe we can just extend the 90 coins block reward for longer (6 months or so) instead of increasing the block reward... Because if my calculation is correct, block reward will halve again in 13 days or so. If the new wallet is not out by then and the price stays the same, more miners will leave and the network might be in troubles...

network hashrate == difficulty * 2^32 / 15       ## ( 2^32 is the max hash value the miner is looking for in 8secs ) (15sec blocks )

so at the current difficulty 720.5789057 * 65535 / 15 = 3148209.2390033 = 3.14 GH/s

are you sure?
2^32 = 4294967296 and not 65535. this would mean the hashrate is extremely high...

but:
my pool says it has a hashrate of nearly 0.4GH/s and it gets nearly all blocks, so i'd guess the net-hashrate is somewhere at 0.4 GH/s

coinmine is reporting 0.386 GH/s
http://prt.npool.org:2300/static/ 0.025 GH/s
forkpool 0.0048 GH/s
http://www.mine-pool.net/ 0.008 GH/s
prt.suprnova.cc 0.001 GH/s

Yes.  Going  by the hashrate of the pools I have found my humble calculations are incorrect.  Unless we have solo miners..
chowdan

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:10:07 AM

are you sure?

but:

forkpool 0.0048 GH/s

Yes.  Going  by the hashrate of the pools I have found my humble calculations are incorrect.  Unless we have solo miners..

Definitely believe we have solo miners under the woodwork that dont talk or participate in the community.

I operate solo due to smelter only allowing solo mining. Though with my setups if I could mine pools, I would. it wouldnt be to hard to distribute my hash rates out across everyone's pool to help stabilize the distribution.

Seeing 1/8 of my profits go to the creator suchs, but understandable for him to take a portion of profit and not release pool based miner. I give smelter props regardless

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:43:37 AM

are you sure?

but:

forkpool 0.0048 GH/s

Definitely believe we have solo miners under the woodwork that dont talk or participate in the community.

I operate solo due to smelter only allowing solo mining. Though with my setups if I could mine pools, I would. it wouldnt be to hard to distribute my hash rates out across everyone's pool to help stabilize the distribution.

Seeing 1/8 of my profits go to the creator suchs, but understandable for him to take a portion of profit and not release pool based miner. I give smelter props regardless

Are you using version0.1 of smelter still?  Since version0.2 it has been 1/10 cut.
jiuge

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:10:12 AM

Hello MoonMoon,
Please forgive my using so poor English communicating with you. Long been one of the most loyal fans for you, this is my first time to post a message to you in the forum. And I hope sincerely that you can understand the meaning of my every word.
1. My team has been in charge of the promotion of Particle in China. For a long time, the promotion and marketing activities have been carried out very smoothly. Currently, we are keeping a close contact with the most valuable altcoin trading platform in China(that’s btc38.com), and Particle will be added to the database of this platform before long.
2. We also attach great importance to the peripheral activities for Particle, and quite a few campaigns are being launched tensely and actively. For example, we designed and produced commemorative T-shirt for Particle, we issued commemorative silver coins for Particle, we are developing a large-scale online shopping mall where people can shop by paying Particles, and we as well are developing some entertainment platforms for Particle, etc.
3. Particle is very popular in China now, and you got quite a lot of fans, and all of them are very enthusiastic. What’s more, we have made an exclusive commemorative silver Particle coin for your own, which could have very high collection value. We hope that you can authorize this coin in the post, and send me your receive address. The coin will be soon delivered to you.
      However, now it comes some quite serious problems with Particle. The market broader malaise caused by MT.GOX Event is now still continuing. And also, a lot of people quit because they didn’t see the new version of the Particle wallet for a long time. What’s more, now in China, large numbers of new altcoins are flooding into the market, and funds in Particle have been diverted heavily to other altcoins. This could be a very severe and unimaginable danger. In order to help our Particle promotion team and all your sincere fans to walk out of the woods, we hope that you can release the V2 version of Particle wallet as soon as possible. Even though it is not yet so perfect, but people can still see the tangible thing. That will greatly facilitate our publicity and promotion, and more people will be attracted to support the growth of Particle. With regarding to the issue of mining, although the hash rate of Particle now is very low, we are still very confident to attract more miners to mine PRT in the support of new version of wallet. We believe the price of PRT will fly again as long as you can support us. Thank you.
Particle China Promotion Team: JiuGe

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░███████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Allepisodes

Activity: 132

If you knew better, You'd do better

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:07:32 AM

Moon I think you should take your time and get the wallet right the 1st time so you wont have to do quick fixes after its released

second thing is just in case the wallet is not disruptive enough of a app to draw people in the way we all think it will it might be a good idea for you to start thinking of what can come right after the wallet iono maybe put up a poll to see what the community thinks should be worked on next. I know i want to see Particlebay our version of Ebay.

COI =CZRLd6rgyvBppSQXmCeDJ1x3hjLZq1a5yp
Dnote =DZtZnzZU2EkXgTF7j8iZgmsov9pq6Sq88n
PMP =PJgVMaZCDbBsPgHzvxNHmqDPE3BCDx9bRx
qbd1313

Activity: 332

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:34:43 AM

Hello MoonMoon,
Please forgive my using so poor English communicating with you. Long been one of the most loyal fans for you, this is my first time to post a message to you in the forum. And I hope sincerely that you can understand the meaning of my every word.
1. My team has been in charge of the promotion of Particle in China. For a long time, the promotion and marketing activities have been carried out very smoothly. Currently, we are keeping a close contact with the most valuable altcoin trading platform in China(that’s btc38.com), and Particle will be added to the database of this platform before long.
2. We also attach great importance to the peripheral activities for Particle, and quite a few campaigns are being launched tensely and actively. For example, we designed and produced commemorative T-shirt for Particle, we issued commemorative silver coins for Particle, we are developing a large-scale online shopping mall where people can shop by paying Particles, and we as well are developing some entertainment platforms for Particle, etc.
3. Particle is very popular in China now, and you got quite a lot of fans, and all of them are very enthusiastic. What’s more, we have made an exclusive commemorative silver Particle coin for your own, which could have very high collection value. We hope that you can authorize this coin in the post, and send me your receive address. The coin will be soon delivered to you.
      However, now it comes some quite serious problems with Particle. The market broader malaise caused by MT.GOX Event is now still continuing. And also, a lot of people quit because they didn’t see the new version of the Particle wallet for a long time. What’s more, now in China, large numbers of new altcoins are flooding into the market, and funds in Particle have been diverted heavily to other altcoins. This could be a very severe and unimaginable danger. In order to help our Particle promotion team and all your sincere fans to walk out of the woods, we hope that you can release the V2 version of Particle wallet as soon as possible. Even though it is not yet so perfect, but people can still see the tangible thing. That will greatly facilitate our publicity and promotion, and more people will be attracted to support the growth of Particle. With regarding to the issue of mining, although the hash rate of Particle now is very low, we are still very confident to attract more miners to mine PRT in the support of new version of wallet. We believe the price of PRT will fly again as long as you can support us. Thank you.

this is what I want to say
drmilos

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:48:00 AM

Please vote in the poll about the block reward increase:

http://forum.bitparticle.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=282

The poll runs for 5 days.  You can only vote once but you can change your vote if you change your mind.

Thanks!

I started to mine Particle 14.01 and till now I mined ~50k and still mining. It takes me more than one month to mine one block from beginning  Huh.
I will continue mining whatever reward will be in the future because I trust in this coin. Even it will fall to 45 coins.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:25:25 PM

The poll runs for 5 days.  You can only vote once but you can change your vote if you change your mind.

Thanks!

I started to mine Particle 14.01 and till now I mined ~50k and still mining. It takes me more than one month to mine one block from beginning  Huh.
I will continue mining whatever reward will be in the future because I trust in this coin. Even it will fall to 45 coins.
you are very loyal too loyal

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:49:59 PM

You are true Particle-lover. It has impressed me. Always support Particle!

ning_aric

Activity: 826
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:03:20 PM

i love this coin Grin

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
ycm82

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:08:13 PM

Hello MoonMoon,
biteboy

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:41:25 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 03:14:10 AM by biteboy

Moon I think you should take your time and get the wallet right the 1st time so you wont have to do quick fixes after its released

second thing is just in case the wallet is not disruptive enough of a app to draw people in the way we all think it will it might be a good idea for you to start thinking of what can come right after the wallet iono maybe put up a poll to see what the community thinks should be worked on next. I know i want to see Particlebay our version of Ebay.
drmilos

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:23:50 PM

You are true Particle-lover. It has impressed me. Always support Particle!

This is the way I look at this! Support the way you can till the end or don't support at all.
Out there are people holding millions of PRT mined in first few days even first hours and just looking at the price at exchanges, and waiting for something to happen to get hundreds of BTC or LTC at initial trades.
I really hope that my 50k will worth something in the future.
fxtt1040

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:35:20 PM

Hello MoonMoon,

me too
ssshhh

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:38:31 PM

Thanks!
moonmoon (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 05:37:40 PM

Yes, everybody wants it now :-)  But its pretty cool that these folks are backing particle and producing t-shirts etc. so I have to respect that too.  I was doing the more rapid releases to try and keep the interest up, but then we start falling into the feedback loop of wanting to change the wheels on the bus while we're still accelerating Wink

As for follow on projects - there are a few threads I created on forum.bitparticle.com to try to solicit input and ideas.  We've had a few good ones to add to the list.  I was trying to build a list of 20 projects to start.

At some point once things really start to pick up I'm hoping someone sets up some sort of foundation/project site, like a kickstarter or just a basic tracking site kind of like what the quark people are doing.

The PRT price seems to have been sitting pretty stable for now.  Once the wallet and reference app store Wink is out then the real focus is going to have to shift to marketing and social media and amplification of our message, expanding our reach on more exchanges, etc.

Ok back to work Cheesy

particle://prt/send/Pjh1SXpcgaQ7bbbweXU1ioQUWcNtW4yZZx
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: