Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:38:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Report: Projects  (Read 25694 times)
cshelswell

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 02:07:30 AM

it's not looking overly hopeful is it. Was really hoping after this thread started and lots of info came out it might be an easy case.

Danglebee

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:56:22 AM

who is take lead ?
i fear many time scammer come back to take lead. 0 result :/

seonline

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:36:53 AM

My old Scammers Profile "Projects" Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=52439:
anyone can see how very properly I already scammed peoples for 200,000 USD WOW
see all scam report against my old forum id " Projects" as below
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393593.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393593.msg4415868#msg4415868

WOW!!! 500+ BTCs worth around 200,000 USD I already scammed!!!! its really nice is NOT?

oh 500+ BTC stolen this scammer projects really did their scamming very well
I think they able scam peoples easily as an so called Hero sorry ZERO Member on forum named "Tomatocage" largest supporter of scammer Projects this ZERO guy Tomatocage submit negative ratings for everyone but they never submit negative ratings for their agents like Projects I am sure 90% of scammed money just took by Tomatocage and only 10% got by Projects as only with Tomatocage supports this guy able to scam too many peoples easily

this guy Tomatocage NOT Hero but 100% ZERO and largest supporter of biggest scammers

stay away from Tomatocage never use this guy as escrow they will surly scammed you Grin

Malexo

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:46:32 AM

My old Scammers Profile "Projects" Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=52439:
anyone can see how very properly I already scammed peoples for 200,000 USD WOW
see all scam report against my old forum id " Projects" as below
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393593.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393593.msg4415868#msg4415868

WOW!!! 500+ BTCs worth around 200,000 USD I already scammed!!!! its really nice is NOT?

oh 500+ BTC stolen this scammer projects really did their scamming very well
I think they able scam peoples easily as an so called Hero sorry ZERO Member on forum named "Tomatocage" largest supporter of scammer Projects this ZERO guy Tomatocage submit negative ratings for everyone but they never submit negative ratings for their agents like Projects I am sure 90% of scammed money just took by Tomatocage and only 10% got by Projects as only with Tomatocage supports this guy able to scam too many peoples easily

this guy Tomatocage NOT Hero but 100% ZERO and largest supporter of biggest scammers

stay away from Tomatocage never use this guy as escrow they will surly scammed you Grin

Wut do you mean by this?  How can someone be fully doxed here and still not be apprehended?  Wut does it take?
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:47:08 PM

I filed my fraud report here. After speaking with their online help, I was told the following:

When you submit your report to Action Fraud, it goes to the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau which is based within the City of London police.

I included all my details, and also included any emails, phone numbers, and 2-of-the-3 bank accounts (the max I could) that were from someone else.
I would strongly encourage anyone else affected to do the same, and quickly, so the department will realize this is what I claim, and your losses can be wrapped up in the same effort.

The message from the end of the report submission (which took me approximately 40 minutes):

If you know anyone else who believes they have been a victim of fraud who wants to report the incident please ask them to complete the online report found at www.actionfraud.police.uk, or phone the contact centre on 0300 123 2040.

Any update Chainsaw?
mpattison

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:13:35 AM

Is that the only thing that was done?  The FBI online report?
If I recall correctly, they don't tend to act on those reports, merely file them away and use them in statistics.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:20:43 AM

Unfortunately there may not have been enough money lost for any federal agency to take action.  If TF was a board member of the Bitcoin Foundation maybe the FEDS would have gone after him too.
Malexo

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:15:25 AM

wow.
500000$ is too little for relevant legal intervention?  i am in the wrong line of work.
 Angry
Danglebee

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:38:32 AM

ring local agencyes in home town. DO NOT file online report. doing so useless.
im sure busy. urgent given to case where call in. Think. If serious urgent you speak. probability thousandes online report each every day.  

Malexo

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:39:21 AM

english man... don't follow what your saying there.
Danglebee

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:42:27 AM

Sad

ring computer crimes department in home country
ring local police stationes in home town
ring police in user project country
if lost large money speak to lawyer.

Chainsaw

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

x

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:48:57 AM

Things continue to move forward.
I understand why no-one else has publicly filed.

I filed in the UK. I was told they wouldn't move forward until I filed in the states.
I did that last week.

Of course, then the press catches wind of the story.
The whole process is like being dragged through the mud for a few miles.
I talked to them rather than saying 'no comment' - the last thing Bitcoin needs is another cautionary tale about the dangers of Bitcoin.

But it's moving forward.

Thanks to so many of you, I have all the data than I need.
I've got the legal entities involved.

Projects, David Williamson, will face justice.

As I understand it, the length of his sentencing will be determined in part on how much of the funds he defrauded he is able to return.

At this point, if and when I hit standstills, I will throw out-of-pocket money at this, in the form of private investigators and lawyers.

There was another user, jakedeez, I have been watching him as he goes after gonefishing.  I wouldn't mind having his help, the guy knows what sorts of things need to be done.

I hope you understand why I'm not posting tons of information publicly. Rest assured you'll all get an update once endgame has been reached. In the interim, you can continue to contact me privately if you were directly involved or have more information to share.

Malexo

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:07:00 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 01:36:06 AM by Malexo

Chainsaw, how many $ are you out exactly?

edit: about $200,000 USD.

Holy ****
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:08:02 AM

Good News chainsaw.

@Projects if you are watching this thread,it's your last chance to return coins.
Malexo

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:42:18 AM

Good News chainsaw.

@Projects if you are watching this thread,it's your last chance to return coins.

I thinkhis chance has sailed.  even if he repaysnow, the lawyers (****ING SPACE BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!) are probably licking their chops at a nice pay-out after they prove his guilt.
too much has been invested, i think, at this point, for the legal process to turn back.
chainsaw won't want to confirm or reject this because it leaves projects wondering, but this is just mypersonal opinion.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:52:41 PM

Nice Job.

Is sucks having to swallow our pride and admit we were scammed.  It has happened to all of us.  And it take courage to come forward to admit it.  That is what these scammers pray on and allows many of them to get away with it (TF).

I think now that it is public you have a much better opportunity for law enforcement to pursue it.  Even if you don't get all your funds back just knowing they are going after this guy and hopefully will catch him may give some satisfaction. 

Good luck. 

Wisconsin man loses $150,000 in international bitcoin scam
http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_25057486/wisconsin-man-loses-150-000-international-bitcoin-scam
TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 09:44:33 PM

Ouch...

Thanks for being so forthright about the issue Jamie.

PM me and I'll send you one of our Titan Bitcoins as a consolation.  I hate to hear about people getting burned with anything related to physical bitcoins.

Chainsaw

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

x

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:50:51 PM

Ouch...

PM me and I'll send you one of our Titan Bitcoins as a consolation.  I hate to hear about people getting burned with anything related to physical bitcoins.

That's incredibly gracious of you - thanks so much!

TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 11:08:25 PM

Ouch...

That's incredibly gracious of you - thanks so much!

No problem.

As for Projects...I hope you nail him to the wall.

dandannn

Activity: 242
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:41:10 PM

I have not been online for a few weeks and have been trying to get hold of Projects. Only now have I seen this thread. I had done quite a few transactions with him throughout 2013 andf I always sent first with no problems to him sending after.

I lent him 5 btc in December which he was to repay in full in March!

What is the latest news with Projects? I cant believe he would turn out to be a scammer he had been very trustworthy in the past.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: