Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:52:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 [590] 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276347 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bb2ebb

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:10:48 AM

What do any long term holders from launch or close think about buying now. Lowest market cap ever atm... Ive watched for a while and considered buying in before anyone have 'real' analysis? 

A great time to buy, just do it daily and steadily... little by little.

the current price is 0.003++ btc, do you think can getting chance for get price under it Smiley
I buy little by little also
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 01:11:38 AM

What do any long term holders from launch or close think about buying now. Lowest market cap ever atm... Ive watched for a while and considered buying in before anyone have 'real' analysis? 

It will stay flat / keep dropping until new news comes out imo.

Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:03:44 AM

Right.
That makes it a good time to buy IF one believes in the future of XCP. Now could be the "calm before the storm".
I don't want to "pump" the coin by telling people this is the time to invest, of course there's always RISK involved as with all investing ESPECIALLY crypto.
But subjectively I believe in XCP and I think it's going to be huge, so in my VERY subjective, amateurish assessment now could be a great time to buy precisely because it's flat and nothing is happening.
I was very successful with crypto, I bought PPCoin and Litecoin when they were "flatlined" and nothing was happening, and afterwards they both exploded!

I also don't agree with the people who say that due to the nature of Counterparty being "tied" to Bitcoin that XCP doesn't have potential of high value increase. The logic doesn't follow IMO esp. because proof-of-burn.
But I'll be gladly schooled and proven wrong by more knowledgeable people on this forum if there are logical arguments to convince me.
As it is now I believe XCP will gain value greatly as it is the technology to bring smart contracts to fruition. 
Matt Y

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 04:12:13 PM

Right.
That makes it a good time to buy IF one believes in the future of XCP. Now could be the "calm before the storm".
I don't want to "pump" the coin by telling people this is the time to invest, of course there's always RISK involved as with all investing ESPECIALLY crypto.
But subjectively I believe in XCP and I think it's going to be huge, so in my VERY subjective, amateurish assessment now could be a great time to buy precisely because it's flat and nothing is happening.
I was very successful with crypto, I bought PPCoin and Litecoin when they were "flatlined" and nothing was happening, and afterwards they both exploded!

I also don't agree with the people who say that due to the nature of Counterparty being "tied" to Bitcoin that XCP doesn't have potential of high value increase. The logic doesn't follow IMO esp. because proof-of-burn.
But I'll be gladly schooled and proven wrong by more knowledgeable people on this forum if there are logical arguments to convince me.
As it is now I believe XCP will gain value greatly as it is the technology to bring smart contracts to fruition. 

I generally agree with you. I bought a long time ago and I just hold. I don't trade.

Omega.SportSciencie

Activity: 264

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:54:25 PM

Why cant i get into counterparty coding wallet so i can start coding?

it says this error:

failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_normalized_balances; Last error: JSON-RPC Error:
Type: Server error

Code: -32000

Message: Bad status code returned: '503'. result body: '{"code": -32000, "message": "Server error", "data": "Counterparty database is behind backend."}'.
Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:03:41 PM

Great news incoming

http://www.coindesk.com/symbiont-fintech-veterans-advisory-board/

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
eustress

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:50:07 PM

RootStock [http://www.rootstock.io/] is a reminder of the potential for the Counterparty Protocol to be the Bitcoin-Blockchain embedded smart contract system.

There should be good cross-pollination of ideas and hopefully interoperability between these projects.
jrmg

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:26:31 AM

Why this is good news for Counterparty? As I understand Symbiont working separate from Counterparty?
Cornett

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:43:22 AM

Why this is good news for Counterparty? As I understand Symbiont working separate from Counterparty?

http://counterparty.io/news/symbiont-and-counterparty/

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
mitache365

Activity: 731

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:57:30 PM

I am little tired from XCP. Always news coming and always nothing happened/released!

BTC
Cornett

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:49:08 PM

I am little tired from XCP. Always news coming and always nothing happened/released!

Patience is the key. It will pay off in the near future

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Matt Y

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 08:01:28 PM

This made me wonder when the thread was created... Jan 2014. Nice to see a project that's still around with improved prospects, not reduced potential, after so long.

deliciousowl

Activity: 432

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 09:38:29 AM

For some reason it's not loading for me, so I'll mirror it here:

Symbiont and Counterparty
August 20, 2015

At our recent press-event, we issued a number of smart contract-based financial instruments onto the Bitcoin blockchain. This is the culmination of over half a year of hard work by our development team, and a major milestone towards our overarching goal of rapidly developing a platform for the issuance, management and trading of blockchain-based securities.

We had a precise business goal in mind when we started Symbiont, and it was clear that our vision for our securities platform required the full expressiveness of a smart contract implementation. As several realities became abundantly clear to us on both the regulatory and technical fronts, we developed technology based on Counterparty, but which differs from Counterparty itself in a number of key ways, being optimized for a private network with known participants. This technology (layered on the Bitcoin blockchain) was at the root of the demonstration we provided.

Symbiont as a business is, as it has always been, a separate entity from Counterparty. We build products to match our clients’ needs, and Counterparty (as an open, public platform) cannot service all use-cases. However, Counterparty is a core part of the Symbiont “tech stack”, with entirely complementary technology to the other systems we are developing. In cases where public network on public blockchain (Bitcoin) solutions are most appropriate, Counterparty is the prime tool in our toolbelt.

Effectively, nothing has changed with respect to our enthusiasm for the potential of Counterparty, and permissioned ledgers will augment Symbiont’s platform offerings, not compete with the many market uses for Counterparty. We will continue to support the Counterparty ecosystem by providing development resources, funding Ivana Zuber in her position as Executive Director of the Counterparty Foundation and handling incoming business development inquiries. However, as we onboard more clients and partners, and develop more products, we will not be able to discuss if, why or how that client product uses or does not use Counterparty. (Determining use of Counterparty should be clear to anyone via a Counterparty block explorer.)

These are exciting times for blockchain-based technologies, as we stand at the beginning of replacing the core archaic, error-prone banking and securities technology in use today. We thank you all for your interest, and will continue to issue announcements on the relevant blogs (Symbiont or Counterparty) as things develop further.

BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 10:11:58 AM

rootstock.io   (Port ETH VM to a BTC pegged sidechain)

If Counterparty team keeps the current pace, I think it will be overtaken sooner or later.
deliciousowl

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 11:23:53 AM

If Counterparty team keeps the current pace, I think it will be overtaken sooner or later.

So they have a landing page... and are proclaiming to port an unfinished engine onto a theoretical concept. Is anyone supposed to be impressed by this?

BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 11:35:19 AM

So they have a landing page... and are proclaiming to port an unfinished engine onto a theoretical concept. Is anyone supposed to be impressed by this?

They said a white paper will be published in couple of weeks. I am waiting to see how they plan to solve the side chain support and security problem. In case the plan is reasonable, a token with fixed exchange rate with BTC and can be instantly converted to Bitcoin could be much more attractive than introducing a new coin, such as ETH and XCP.
deliciousowl

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 11:36:06 AM

rootstock.io   (Port ETH VM to a BTC pegged sidechain)

They said a white paper will be published in couple of weeks. I am waiting to see how they plan to solve the side chain support and security problem. In case the plan is reasonable, a token with fixed exchange rate with BTC and can be instantly converted to Bitcoin could be much more attractive than introducing a new coin, such as ETH and XCP.

"We will publish a short story about how it could theoretically work, maybe. In a few weeks..."

Sigh. Enthusiasm is no substitute for code.

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 12:46:33 PM

Since the current pace is nearly a standstill, I would have to agree.
Matt Y

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 04:53:58 PM

They have nothing except a landing page as far as I can tell.

deliciousowl

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:02:40 PM

Since the current pace is nearly a standstill, I would have to agree.

The devs work on a private repo, and there are regular updates on the public repo as well. The illusion of a slow pace is because the devs don't promise anything in advance, they deliver code regularly and that's what gets real, tangible results.

If they wanted to pump they could advance flashy buzzwords 12 months before any code exists, and write 4 page blog posts about theory. Remember, Counterparty simply showed up. There was no 12 month announcement and e-mail list building. The code showed up, posted by anonymous devs. XCP seems strange among other Bitcoin projects for this reason, because it's about results much like the work of Satoshi.

Having some experience with dev teams, I much prefer those that code and network with known Wall Street players and finance giants instead of create theatrics to appease a small user-base. But maybe that's just me.

Since Symbiont is funding Counterparty and says it's a 'core aspect' of their toolkit, I doubt it's 'nearing a standstill'.

Pages: « 1 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 [590] 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: