Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:12:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 [592] 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276301 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
flayway

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 07:52:48 AM

Looks like we really need some good news Cheesy

As far I understand devs still support XCP protocol but are full day busy with Symbiont what not really give any value for XCP, right?

There is few project what have sell their shares/cards/what ever through counterparty but there is not really anything what use XCP in any other way than possibility to trade assets/shares?

Everything what happen around XCP, new wallets example mobile btw looking nice, but not have tested are running by community but there are not really anything else than wallets now?

Then if smart contracts are coming to Counterparty that are using XCP for gas or there are not really any fact about this?

Thanks if someone can give some comment about this questions.

XCP:     19zzpgk3oakH2b7zd63mw3DadtNkvefVfo    BTC:     1ASSkiRsqRUUp5Y8YQYnuc41fBbYR3iRD2
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 11:04:46 AM

As far I understand devs still support XCP protocol but are full day busy with Symbiont what not really give any value for XCP, right?

There is few project what have sell their shares/cards/what ever through counterparty but there is not really anything what use XCP in any other way than possibility to trade assets/shares?

Everything what happen around XCP, new wallets example mobile btw looking nice, but not have tested are running by community but there are not really anything else than wallets now?

Then if smart contracts are coming to Counterparty that are using XCP for gas or there are not really any fact about this?

I will try my best to give my answers of your questions. Matt later may give you his. Hope more answers will be better than only one.

1) yes Symbiont still supports counterparty, but in my opinion mostly on the low level library, cause it is also used by their private ledgers. This explains why they spent months to refactorized it to be more modulized. Now they don't have enough energy and time to spend on the application level, let alone marketing.

2) you can check the assets tab of coinmarketcp to see the assets from various platforms. A few of them are on counterparty but none of them are really popular enough. Most of them were built long ago. Wish there could be more.

3) last year, a desktop version wallet was promised by the devs, but later it was postponed and seems no progress anymore, or I missed the release.

4) smart contracts are in testnet long ago, but now is waiting for Etherium to be mature and thoroughly tested. So no schedule to be on mainnet at all. As we know, etherium has faced their own problems now.

I have tried my best to be as objective as I can. Please correct me if I made any mistake.

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 02:36:55 PM

BitThink, I for one appreciate your comments and analysis which I see as fair and objective.
flayway

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:57:04 PM

I will try my best to give my answers of your questions. Matt later may give you his. Hope more answers will be better than only one.

1) yes Symbiont still supports counterparty, but in my opinion mostly on the low level library, cause it is also used by their private ledgers. This explains why they spent months to refactorized it to be more modulized. Now they don't have enough energy and time to spend on the application level, let alone marketing.

2) you can check the assets tab of coinmarketcp to see the assets from various platforms. A few of them are on counterparty but none of them are really popular enough. Most of them were built long ago. Wish there could be more.

3) last year, a desktop version wallet was promised by the devs, but later it was postponed and seems no progress anymore, or I missed the release.

4) smart contracts are in testnet long ago, but now is waiting for Etherium to be mature and thoroughly tested. So no schedule to be on mainnet at all. As we know, etherium has faced their own problems now.

I have tried my best to be as objective as I can. Please correct me if I made any mistake.

Thanks, this answer is about what I have think about Counterparty situation atm. I think biggest question is now that can Counterparty deliver smart contracts before than other platforms... But what I have read about all others are in same "standby"-mode and any project not really go forward fast now, but I don't know are there building any bigger projects yet for any platforms or everyone are waiting what platform will be best.

XCP:     19zzpgk3oakH2b7zd63mw3DadtNkvefVfo    BTC:     1ASSkiRsqRUUp5Y8YQYnuc41fBbYR3iRD2
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 11:45:12 PM

BitThink, I for one appreciate your comments and analysis which I see as fair and objective.
Thank you so much, bitcoinrocks.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:53:07 AM

Read the first time of Colu. Does it use the Bitcoin blockchain, too, or does it have its own blockchain?

Wondering if there is a big company behind the firm since there is Deloitte listed on the website.

Has anyone heard that Swarm switched from Counterparty to Colu?
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 12:36:02 PM

Read the first time of Colu. Does it use the Bitcoin blockchain, too, or does it have its own blockchain?

Wondering if there is a big company behind the firm since there is Deloitte listed on the website.

According to their introduction, it's based on colored coin. Yes, it is based on Bitcoin blockchain. However, colored coin based solution only supports issuing, transferring, and verification. Itself does not support decentralized exchange (DEX), so it still needs a centralized exchange to help match sell/buy orders.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:28:21 PM

Okay, thanks! So NXT for instance is still superior to Colu if I got you right. Does not seem to be a big competitor for counterparty at all.

According to their introduction, it's based on colored coin. Yes, it is based on Bitcoin blockchain. However, colored coin based solution only supports issuing, transferring, and verification. Itself does not support decentralized exchange (DEX), so it still needs a centralized exchange to help match sell/buy orders.
flayway

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 10:04:19 PM

Actually it is only good if devs are busy with Symbiont and that help someway Counterparty. If there need wait Ethereum anyway...

Today we have go to new bottom with price, all buy support is gone.

Creat0r

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 03:54:58 PM

Hi!

My name is Konstantin. I'm cyber•Fund co-founder.
I'm happy to announce now Counterparty is available in cyber•Fund real time portfolio tracker. So you can easy control your portfolio valuation of Counterparty and other cryptoasset that you have in real time.

Look how we do it with our funds - https://cyber.fund/@satoshi_fund

If you are a developer you can easy improve Counterparty main page using Chaingear on github. Stellar, Dash and NuBits have already upgraded their page.

Also  don't forget to follow Counterparty on https://cyber.fund/system/Counterparty.

Thank you for your attention, I will be happy if you will use our service.
Konstantin Lomashuk

Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:39:31 PM

Don't worry guys. The work on XCP is going on behind the scene.

Watch Counterparty Github updates here:
https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
deliciousowl

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:05:14 PM

Don't worry guys. The work on XCP is going on behind the scene.

Watch Counterparty Github updates here:
https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP

It would be nice to have some announcements or information on any of this though. Panic selling perpetuates too quickly in silence.

xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:53:52 PM

It would be nice to have some announcements or information on any of this though.

^^^

I was a guest on Robert's Counterparty radio show where I covered the current technical progress we're making on the core Counterparty software: https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/xcp-weekly-update-18-robby-dermody-and-jop-hartog

To that end, we released 9.51.4 a few weeks back: https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP/counterparty-lib/releases/tag/v9.51.4
It has major performance updates.

Just today, we pushed the "undolog" changes to the "develop" branch (https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP/counterparty-lib/commits/develop), which will make reorg processing almost instantaneous (where before, it could take 15-45 minutes in some cases). This is another major improvement for the core counterparty software, and should be released to "master" within a few weeks, pending some additional testing.

We also made some significant improvements to counterblock, on the "fixes1" branch (https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP/counterblock/commits/fixes1). Those are undergoing testing and will be pushed to master once ready. Counterblock is used by Counterwallet.

And, we are testing counterparty-server against bitcoind 0.11.1, which has been looking good.

Most of this is the unsexy behind-the-scenes work, but they are major strides in helping Counterparty to be a stable and solid option for building a service on, or using in general. For example, Counterwallet stability is much improved over what it was (still not 100% of the way there, but moving in that direction), and the "undolog" updates are very useful for several industry players, like Tokenly.

We have some initial conversations going to possibly identify more long term help that could work on other services, Counterwallet enhancements, etc. This is all very preliminary at this point however, but worth bringing up.

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:59:33 PM

I was a guest on Robert's Counterparty radio show where I covered the current technical progress we're making on the core Counterparty software: https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/xcp-weekly-update-18-robby-dermody-and-jop-hartog

To that end, we released 9.51.4 a few weeks back: https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP/counterparty-lib/releases/tag/v9.51.4
It has major performance updates.

Just today, we pushed the "undolog" changes to the "develop" branch (https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP/counterparty-lib/commits/develop), which will make reorg processing almost instantaneous (where before, it could take 15-45 minutes in some cases). This is another major improvement for the core counterparty software, and should be released to "master" within a few weeks, pending some additional testing.

We also made some significant improvements to counterblock, on the "fixes1" branch (https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP/counterblock/commits/fixes1). Those are undergoing testing and will be pushed to master once ready. Counterblock is used by Counterwallet.

And, we are testing counterparty-server against bitcoind 0.11.1, which has been looking good.

Most of this is the unsexy behind-the-scenes work, but they are major strides in helping Counterparty to be a stable and solid option for building a service on, or using in general. For example, Counterwallet stability is much improved over what it was (still not 100% of the way there, but moving in that direction), and the "undolog" updates are very useful for several industry players, like Tokenly.

We have some initial conversations going to possibly identify more long term help that could work on other services, Counterwallet enhancements, etc. This is all very preliminary at this point however, but worth bringing up.

Thanks for posting.  Any information regarding incorporating Counterparty into a project?
xnova

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:01:48 PM

Thanks for posting.  Any information regarding incorporating Counterparty into a project?

What do you mean by "project"?

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:11:29 PM

Any real world application.
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 11:39:52 PM

Any real world application.

There are a number of projects that use Counterparty already.

xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 4046

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 02:22:36 AM

Is there any way to refresh asset balances in Counterwallet without logging out/in?
Balances updated in real time, but you can try to switch between balances and "exchange" tab or any other if your balance not updated long time. Log in/logout is most ridiculous variant to update one page.  Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
deliciousowl

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 11:24:09 AM

I'm going to be an enthusiastic optimist and realize that this is 'unsexy' work is exactly what needs to be done if you want XCP in production for business clients.  Smiley Smiley

xnova

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 01:01:37 PM

I'm going to be an enthusiastic optimist and realize that this is 'unsexy' work is exactly what needs to be done if you want XCP in production for business clients.  Smiley Smiley

Exactly, or for any purpose for that matter. We performed this work due to issues we were seeing, as well as reports from some of the business and groups that have built real-world projects on top of Counterparty (Shapeshift, Tokenly, etc).

Pages: « 1 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 [592] 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: