Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:17:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276316 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
qtgwith

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:17:43 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 06:42:32 AM by qtgwith

5,500 XCP got dumped in the past 3 or 4 hours. Brought the price down to 0.008  Undecided

You sure spend a lot of time fixated on the price.

Just let it be. If you are worried, sell. You are already getting 10 times the money you put in.

Oh ok. Man thank goodness you were there to set me straight on that. Get lost.  Roll Eyes I'm holding for months. Where'd you come from anyway ? Pay attention to the thread. _/ <-- Here a seat for you to sit in.

Thanks for the seat. Now shut up and let us hear more useful stuff than your rantings about prices.
Support.Please pay more attention to the project,not the price.Halfcab123,maybe you can open a new thread on trade and price.
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:29:02 AM

Okay, let's try to talk price only when something interesting price related happens. Back to work.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 06:29:29 AM

I'm not an investor, I'm a user.  To that end...

I've a short term goal for a simple web interface to fractional shares of an issue.
- Useful for non-technical people to see share ownership, and review accrued BTC dividends and see their value.
- To post bids and asks (for p2p trades of the issue, subset of localbitcoin features).
- Wallets for this may be centrally maintained so web users needn't load bitcoin-qt or counterpartyd, but may load them locally if they choose (blockchain.info model).

I'm just getting started (and admittedly have an abundance of distractions), if anyone is further along, a quick coder, or wants to take this idea, run with it, commercialize it and treat me as a customer, or just wait until I have something to look at, PM me and we'll chat it through.

There is a Web Wallet under development by the protocol developers.

For now you can use the blockscan.com website.

For this example I will use MoneyPak Trader, who has issued stock on top of the counterparty protocol. You can view the sharedholders and any dividend payments here....
http://blockscan.com/assetInfo.aspx?q=MPTSTOCK ,

If you are looking to issue a new currency/shares (or atleast experiment with it), counterparty is the perfect platform to do that. Most of the functionality that you are requesting is already available in the product and working well, it is just that it needs to be done from the command line. A easy to use web wallet will be available in the coming weeks.

Thanks for this.
The use case is a bit more advanced than what is there yet.  

Users are not bitcoiners (though some may be), they are simple shareholders of a fractional asset (partnership, LLC, Ltd, Joint venture, etc).  Many will not have any bitcoin but will see their dividend value in their local currency (or in bitcoin if they choose).  If they choose to take a distribution, bitcoin will come out of their account and they will be paid through an exchange in their country.

All that is ancillary biz-dev work though.  

This is to be just a cheap and friendly fractional asset front end web api (for the asset owners, not the asset creators).  
Possibly a dumbed down counterparty wallet interface will work for much of this so when I can get a chance to pull against that we can start bolting on bits of code.

It may even make sense to set this endeavor up as such a fractional asset and give out shares to those that are working on it, as well as sell some for those that expect to capitalize on the effort as it takes shape.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
lonsharim

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:29:48 AM

Alternatively you guys could create multiple threads for as many different aspects of Counterparty as you deem fit @ https://forums.counterparty.co instead of one long thread here. I try to follow both places but sometimes going through one long thread is difficult.
gitinahang

Activity: 43
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:59:37 AM

Someone at the NXt thread reminded me of emunie. I had forgotten all about them. Has anybody here been testing their ob1 or know anything about how its going there lately?
Their ipo must be soon. Don't they have a working gui? I'm too lazy to go to their forum. Is there anybody here on top of emunie and are they competition for xcp in any way?
lonsharim

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:12:27 AM

Someone at the NXt thread reminded me of emunie. I had forgotten all about them. Has anybody here been testing their ob1 or know anything about how its going there lately?
Their ipo must be soon. Don't they have a working gui? I'm too lazy to go to their forum. Is there anybody here on top of emunie and are they competition for xcp in any way?

Nxt, Mastercoin and eMunie are all competition is some shape or form. Last I remember reading about emunie IPO starting on 17th Feb, that was like 2 weeks back. That's probably started now.

The more interesting date is the Ides of March. All 3 of them I think are scheduled to unveil their implementation of Dex on 15th of March. The new Nxt wallet looks attractive and I guess is the reason behind some renewed interest in Nxt prices the last week or so (jumped from 0.000075 to 0.000095). Mastercoin I have not yet seen. eMunie from the screenshots looks highly functional too.

Me thinks March is going to be a very interesting month.

Judging by the squatting of XCP twitter and reddit handles by people purportedly supporting mastercoin, I think there are a few nervous people out there.

ginko-B

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 08:12:46 AM

Nxt, Mastercoin and eMunie are all competition is some shape or form. Last I remember reading about emunie IPO starting on 17th Feb, that was like 2 weeks back. That's probably started now.

The more interesting date is the Ides of March. All 3 of them I think are scheduled to unveil their implementation of Dex on 15th of March. The new Nxt wallet looks attractive and I guess is the reason behind some renewed interest in Nxt prices the last week or so (jumped from 0.000075 to 0.000095). Mastercoin I have not yet seen. eMunie from the screenshots looks highly functional too.

Judging by the squatting of XCP twitter and reddit handles by people purportedly supporting mastercoin, I think there are a few nervous people out there.

March will be interesting, indeed, but, I honestly believe that the best tech team and the fairest system of distribution will win in the end. Counterparty devs have accomplished more in terms of working code in 60 days than Mastercoin, Colored Coin, and NXT in the past 6-9 months.   And Counterparty was the most widely and fairly distributed. 

Certainly it is too early to declare victory, but the writing is on the wall...
ginko-B

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 08:36:15 AM

March will be interesting, indeed, but, I honestly believe that the best tech team and the fairest system of distribution will win in the end. Counterparty devs have accomplished more in terms of working code in 60 days than Mastercoin, Colored Coin, and NXT in the past 6-9 months.   And Counterparty was the most widely and fairly distributed. 

Certainly it is too early to declare victory, but the writing is on the wall...

Over on Reddit:

[–]fintechprof 5 points 13 days ago*
And the race is on! Counterparty, Mastercoin, and Colored Coin are in the blocks! And he gun has sounded... they are off ... errr... at least they should be off. It appears Mastercoin and Colored Coin are struggling to leave the gates. Finally Colored Coin makes a move ... but forward progress appears to be slow. And, oh, whats that ... a late entrant to the race, it is Counterparty ... Counterparty shoots out of the gates and quickly blows past the others to take the lead! Wow, who would have predicted this folks? And we're into the first mile of a 26 mile coding and regulatory marathon with Counterparty running laps around the others. Who will be the winner? Nobody knows. But I know this folks, 2014 is set to be an exciting year for the evolution of the "value web"! Its not just an "information web" anymore ... Hold onto your seats! Place your bets!
halfcab123

Activity: 224

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:43:50 AM

When I close my eyes I see Web wallets dancing joyfully.

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 09:55:26 AM

Please can someone help, I keep getting stuck with the following error after following the build instructions on counterpartyd-build.readthedocs.org
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/$USER/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/util.py", line 424, in last_block
    last_block = cursor.fetchall()[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/home/$USER/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py", line 489, in <module>
    util.versions_check(db)
  File "/home/$USER/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/util.py", line 289, in versions_check
    block_index = last_block(db)['block_index']
  File "/home/$USER/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/util.py", line 426, in last_block
    raise exceptions.DatabaseError('No blocks found.')
lib.exceptions.DatabaseError: No blocks found.

I have included my config files for bitcoind and counterpartyd respectively:
Code:
#bitcoind.conf
rpcuser=<bitcoind_username_Alice>
rpcpassword=<bitcoind_password_Alice>
server=1
daemon=1
testnet=1
Code:
#counterpartyd.conf
[Default]
bitcoind-rpc-connect=localhost
bitcoind-rpc-port=18332
bitcoind-rpc-user=<bitcoind_username_Alice>
bitcoind-rpc-password=<bitcoind_password_Alice>
rpc-host=localhost
rpc-user=<counterparty_username_Bob>
rpc-password=<counterparty_password_Bob>

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Smiley
halfcab123

Activity: 224

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:01:45 AM

Please can someone help, I keep getting stuck with the following error after following the build instructions on counterpartyd-build.readthedocs.org
Code:
  File "/home/$USER/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/util.py", line 424, in last_block
    last_block = cursor.fetchall()[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/home/$USER/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py", line 489, in <module>
    util.versions_check(db)
  File "/home/$USER/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/util.py", line 289, in versions_check
    block_index = last_block(db)['block_index']
  File "/home/$USER/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/util.py", line 426, in last_block
    raise exceptions.DatabaseError('No blocks found.')
lib.exceptions.DatabaseError: No blocks found.

I have included my config files for bitcoind and counterpartyd respectively:
Code:
#bitcoind.conf
rpcuser=<bitcoind_username_Alice>
rpcpassword=<bitcoind_password_Alice>
server=1
daemon=1
testnet=1
Code:
#counterpartyd.conf
[Default]
bitcoind-rpc-connect=localhost
bitcoind-rpc-port=18332
bitcoind-rpc-user=<bitcoind_username_Alice>
bitcoind-rpc-password=<bitcoind_password_Alice>
rpc-host=localhost
rpc-user=<counterparty_username_Bob>
rpc-password=<counterparty_password_Bob>

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Smiley

Oh yes that'sa very common error. It means wait for the Web wallet. Ha kidding, looks like you need to reindex though.

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 10:07:24 AM

Oh yes that'sa very common error. It means wait for the Web wallet. Ha kidding, looks like you need to reindex though.
I did already reindex to no avail unfortunately Sad
cityglut

Activity: 216

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:20:58 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 10:39:29 AM by cityglut

You have testnet=1 in your bitcoin.conf file, but not in your counterpartyd.conf file. If you want to run counterpartyd on testnet, make sure both your .conf files have testnet=1, and if not, make sure neither do.

EDIT: also, I believe the bitcoind-rpc-port should be 8332 not 18832, as you have it.
lonsharim

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:40:56 AM

Does your bitcoin conf have txindex=1 ?

If not, you need to add it and reindex again.

Code:
rpcuser=rpc
rpcpassword=rpcpw1234
server=1
daemon=1
txindex=1
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 11:12:45 AM

Yes, I see a problem with the centralization and holding of private key. I see another with burning 1.5 million $US.

It's none of my business, I don't have anything else to say itt. I'm just surprised/shocked...

"the name 'money' (nomisma)... exists not by nature but by law (nomos) and it is in our power to change it and make it useless." Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics

Tasunko

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:16:39 AM

Anyone wanna get me started =]

1D8QwdjNkvG4jw2y2uSh8D2iHfqjybaSJe

thx

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

qtgwith

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:18:57 AM

Anyone wanna get me started =]

1D8QwdjNkvG4jw2y2uSh8D2iHfqjybaSJe

thx

You can buy some XCP at https://www.poloniex.com/exchange/btc_xcp
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:04:34 PM

just downloaded the software and wanted to test things but stopped immediately Smiley because i need a local bitcoin daemon running. very much work for "playing around". as i am new here i have to ask: how will counterparty become accessible for the mainstream? are there some webservices in the work? or maybe is it possible to use the blockchain.info API instead of a local bitcoin daemon?
lonsharim

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:08:36 PM

just downloaded the software and wanted to test things but stopped immediately Smiley because i need a local bitcoin daemon running. very much work for "playing around". as i am new here i have to ask: how will counterparty become accessible for the mainstream? are there some webservices in the work? or maybe is it possible to use the blockchain.info API instead of a local bitcoin daemon?

A web wallet is currently being built so you can use that if you dont want to run a local setup. We should know more by this Friday I think.
kongotown

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:19:01 PM

i am selling xcp in bulks.

fixed at poloni rate so don't make lower offers.

only through reputable escrow / you send first.

will deal in small quantities for starters but aim for higher than 1000 xcp.

pm me
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: