Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:38:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276292 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
defcoin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:47:50 AM

Clearinghouse is not on Bitcoin. You're either on Bitcoin or you're not and Clearinghouse is not. It could be made to work with Bitcoin because Clearinghouse is a clone of Counterparty, but then, Counterparty is already on Bitcoin. If being on Bitcoin were not such a huge advantage the Counterparty developers could move it to another chain in a day or so. They won't because there is absolutely no reason to be on another chain, but it is possible. Any flexibility and security feature that Clearinghouse has, it has because the Counterparty developers wrote the code and open sourced it on GitHub so that other people could use it as well.

There are  plenty of reasons to be on another chain.  Faster blocks, friendly relations with chain devs, quicker/better implementation of new features/bugfixes/etc.

Your absolute denial of them makes your position less reasonable and thus weaker, not stronger.

As for the forced choice between "either on Bitcoin or you're not"...treechains are coming!

http://bitcointlv.com/en/Agenda/Day-2-October-20

Yes, this is what I'm learning. I will say for certain, I know that a big social gaming co might be the first to make this jump to clearinghouse. From what I'm told, they simply weren't happy with counterparty for whatever reason. Though they haven't ruled out counterparty, they seem to be more intrigued with clearinghouse. I have no idea when this will happen, but I'm told the first move will be merging a type of betting game on the platform as an experiment. I was also told that they are even exploring offering company shares through the platform as well. Meanwhile, I'm still just sitting here trying to figure it all out.

Is there any way of proving this whatsoever?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 03:15:19 AM

How another project that cloned Counterparty is going to out compete Counterparty devs (who have proven to develop quicker than just about anyone) by putting out features and bug fixes faster than the guys who wrote the software in the first place completely escapes me.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine and I do agree that my opinion is quite absolute, but it's not based out of some sort of denial.

You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Fact 1.  Clearinghouse is a fork, not a clone.  There is a difference.  Get it straight.

Fact 2.  Viacoin's 24 second blocks are much faster than BTC's 10 minutes ones.

Fact 3.  Core dev Peter Todd works with BTC, XCP, and XCH.

Fact 4.  Viacoin implements BTC core devs' suggestion that Counterparty get its own blockchain and stop parasitizing theirs.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 04:30:32 AM

Any chance you guys are able to provide clarification on the "and more" from this part of the Community Update?

Evan and I will be spending most of our time working with Mark Smith (formerly of MathMoneyFX) to architect and build the Medici platform, on which actual stocks and more may trade, on top of Counterparty and Bitcoin.

danynx

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:43:15 AM

How another project that cloned Counterparty is going to out compete Counterparty devs (who have proven to develop quicker than just about anyone) by putting out features and bug fixes faster than the guys who wrote the software in the first place completely escapes me.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine and I do agree that my opinion is quite absolute, but it's not based out of some sort of denial.

You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Fact 1.  Clearinghouse is a fork, not a clone.  There is a difference.  Get it straight.

Fact 2.  Viacoin's 24 second blocks are much faster than BTC's 10 minutes ones.

Fact 3.  Core dev Peter Todd works with BTC, XCP, and XCH.

Fact 4.  Viacoin implements BTC core devs' suggestion that Counterparty get its own blockchain and stop parasitizing theirs.

woo what a good improvement, look at this guys!! it does have faster blocks than bitcoin!!  Roll Eyes
your viacoin is good unless for the fact that any altcoin can build in top on their blockchain and that you havent build a s** on it since launch.

counter party all the way Smiley ,
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 05:15:40 AM

Any flexibility and security feature that Clearinghouse has, it has because the Counterparty developers wrote the code and open sourced it on GitHub so that other people could use it as well.
Like the blockchain notary feature, I saw that over at the counterparty github.

woo what a good improvement, look at this guys!! it does have faster blocks than bitcoin!!  Roll Eyes
your viacoin is good unless for the fact that any altcoin can build in top on their blockchain and that you havent build a s** on it since launch.

counter party all the way Smiley ,

Humm, if you think that the block speed and cost of actions are not issues, please answer these two questions:
Why dogeparty?
Who is developing dogeparty?

-
The bashing of viacoin makes zero sense because:

Simply read the core dev comments about blockchain spam, and for that matter the dogecoin devs comments about blockchain spam as well.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 05:34:00 AM

Why dogeparty?

Dogeparty has leveraged part of the Dogecoin community and has a number of independent developers building out apps already. That's the biggest advantage Dogeparty has over Clearinghouse, a huge built in community that's already partially activated.

Dogeparty is being developed by the Humint team.

http://www.humint.is/

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:59:18 AM

Staying on BTC has the advantage of being able to use BTC directly and the network effect that comes with it.

Hearing the podcast it sounds like they are flexible and can change onto a different or stand alone chain in future if required.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Bitcoin++

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:05:40 AM

Why dogeparty?

Dogeparty has leveraged part of the Dogecoin community and has a number of independent developers building out apps already. That's the biggest advantage Dogeparty has over Clearinghouse, a huge built in community that's already partially activated.

Both Counterparty and Dogeparty were created through proof-of-burn. The developers did not raise any money. Rather they had to participate in the burn like everyone else.
I don't know Clearinghouse. May someone explain how they did it?
ElTomeko27

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:15:47 AM

Why dogeparty?

Both Counterparty and Dogeparty were created through proof-of-burn. The developers did not raise any money. Rather they had to participate in the burn like everyone else.
I don't know Clearinghouse. May someone explain how they did it?

Also proof of burn --->103 mln ClearingHouses are made from burning Viacoin (about 1mln Via)
krach
Legendary

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 08:30:24 AM

Also proof of burn --->103 mln ClearingHouses are made from burning Viacoin (about 1mln Via)
No, I do not think there was a burn.

Are some of the humint people developing on counterparty?
Dogeparty: Could it be? That an altchain is being used? My god! That is not bitcoin!

If you think speed and cost of action is not a big issue, if not the major issue that even started the idea I belive that you are mistaken. Speed and Cost of action are the major advantages of dogeparty. The advantage of viacoin and clearinghouse is that the developers of the coin are 100% behind the clearinghouse project, not to mention being cheaper and faster. Are the bitcoin core devs 100% behind counterparty? Are the dogecoin devs 100% behind dogeparty? Viacoin a large OP RETURN, what about dogecoin and bitcoin? Counterparty can swich to another blockchain if the core devs go nuts and somehow block it from working on the bitcoin blockchain, that should be possible.

havent build a s** on it since launch.
That is not true.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX

deliciousowl

Activity: 432

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:42:50 AM

The bashing of viacoin makes zero sense because:

Fact 4.  Viacoin implements BTC core devs' suggestion that Counterparty get its own blockchain and stop parasitizing theirs.

Simply read the core dev comments about blockchain spam, and for that matter the dogecoin devs comments about blockchain spam as well.

IIRC, they changed their attitudes positively towards Counterparty recently. Those kinds of comments now only come from competing projects.

krach
Legendary

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 09:04:44 AM

IIRC, they changed their attitudes positively towards Counterparty recently. Those kinds of comments now only come from competing projects.
Yes im glad they have changed, however to say that these comments come from competing projects is wrong. This will be an ongoing issue that will be up for discussion and simply accusing people that ask questions of being from a competing projects is ridiculous.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX

ElTomeko27

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:21:36 AM

There Was a burn...I know cause i burned myself some VIA for XCH

"XCH is the native currency of ClearingHouse and cannot be mined. 103MM XCH were initialized between block 89100 and block 251100. Converted viacoins will be used towards funding the ClearingHouse project."

"This initialization process is called "burning", but since viacoins are new and shiny, we decided not to actually burn them, but use them towards funding the ClearingHouse project looking forward."

The same as Counterparty keep BTC same BTCdrak(dev) keep burned Viacoins
led_lcd

Activity: 262

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:45:11 AM

"XCH is the native currency of ClearingHouse and cannot be mined. 103MM XCH were initialized between block 89100 and block 251100. Converted viacoins will be used towards funding the ClearingHouse project."

"This initialization process is called "burning", but since viacoins are new and shiny, we decided not to actually burn them, but use them towards funding the ClearingHouse project looking forward."

A burn is sending the tokens to an unspendable address.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_burn

What happened for XCH is that VIA were sent to an exodus address, much like Mastercoin.

(For other's information, it wasn't advertised as a burn - "Converted viacoins will be used towards funding the ClearingHouse project." https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=734674.0)
krach
Legendary

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 09:52:16 AM

http://youtu.be/P63ByrQXd9w?t=58m59s

58:59

Im not against counterparty dogeparty or clearinghouse , lets see how these platforms are used.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX

Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:01:32 AM

It is a shame that competitors whose existence is 100 % thanks to counterparty are arguing against counterparty (on XCP thread by the way).
jrmg

Activity: 134

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:09:08 AM

Counterparty no keep BTC, that "destroyed" to address what anyone cant use. Viacoins "burned" coins go back for developers pockets.
ElTomeko27

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:24:24 AM

Counterparty no keep BTC, that "destroyed" to address what anyone cant use. Viacoins "burned" coins go back for developers pockets.

So Counterparty Team can't use that BTC from burning process??
ElTomeko27

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:25:10 AM

http://youtu.be/P63ByrQXd9w?t=58m59s

58:59

Im not against counterparty dogeparty or clearinghouse , lets see how these platforms are used.

Agree I do own XCP and also XCH
roede94105

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:28:30 AM

So Counterparty Team can't use that BTC from burning process??

Of course not, that's the point of a Burning process, and helped prove the devs really believed in what they did since they had to burn some bitcoins to get some XCPs, like everyone else.
Pages: « 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: