Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:03:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NDL - The coin for Pastafarians - Flying Spaghetti Monster Cryptocurrency!  (Read 125148 times)
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6235

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2020, 12:09:27 PM

what? the block reward went up to 3750 from 1250 Huh

starting at block 1873440   9th Jan 2020 08:33:34 GMT

wouldn't have noticed if i weren't playing with explorer mods at the moment.

and now at block 1874880 it went back down to 1250

Every Friday Thursday (or something not terribly far off) is a holy day, with triple block rewards. Block subsidy halves every 525600 blocks (once per year)

It's been that way since the beginning, when number435398 updated the code he kept it in to keep things standard.
You have been here for a while I am surprised you never noticed.

It's really not on any day, since the code does not know days it's based on the number of blocks mined, so the day moves.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dnp

Activity: 401
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2020, 12:44:47 AM

It's been that way since the beginning, when number435398 updated the code he kept it in to keep things standard.
You have been here for a while I am surprised you never noticed.

It's really not on any day, since the code does not know days it's based on the number of blocks mined, so the day moves.

-Dave

i've generally just let things run, i'm not really one of those always watching kind of people.
but i was actively working on my explorer mods and saw this appear right before my eyes.

i half suspected/remembered there was some special higher reward moments, just didnt remember the details.

btw, my modified explorer rocks Smiley lol... can really get a good overview of the blockchain and coin ownership now.
i just got to now move it to a machine that everyone is able to access through the net. all the good stuff is under the
richlist page (aka Jolly Pirates.)

also fixed the floating point precision issues from the original iquidus merely using the machine's (bad Intel design decisions) floating point hardware. when you have over a million transactions, tiny precision problems accumulate quickly.
it always tweaked me that the coin supply was a decimal fraction when only whole coins were ever produced.

if we had proof-of-stake or burned tx fees then decimal fractions would make sense. but we dont have them.

ps to dave: metalmusiccoin is not a healthy looking blockchain Smiley

Explorer and full node hosting at explorer.dognose.net
honglu69

Activity: 1547
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 05:34:21 PM

Congratulations for the first public POOL of NDL.

Just a remind for ShorelineCrypto Exchange new policy of no mining on exchange address.  Because mining will blow up and damage the wallet of exchange,
please use only your personal wallet address for mining, not the exchange wallet address.

DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2020, 11:50:29 AM

Looks like the explorer had stalled on Jan 15th. I was trying to get it back up and running but I think something really munged the DB so I just did a purge and reload. Should be up to the current blocks soon. It's moving real slow but I don't have time to figure out why at the moment.

@dnp do you have a copy of the changes you made, I would like to take a look if I ever have that mythical thing called free time.

Everyone, difficulty is low you can probably find blocks mining with some old video cards.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dnp

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2020, 02:27:52 PM

Looks like the explorer had stalled on Jan 15th. I was trying to get it back up and running but I think something really munged the DB so I just did a purge and reload. Should be up to the current blocks soon. It's moving real slow but I don't have time to figure out why at the moment.

@dnp do you have a copy of the changes you made, I would like to take a look if I ever have that mythical thing called free time.

Everyone, difficulty is low you can probably find blocks mining with some old video cards.

my changes are substantial so a diff and patch wont be a sane process.
and i did not and do not use Git Smiley
you'd pretty much have to take the whole source.

i planned on making the source available once i settle down on bug fixes in my latest change.
also got to rip out a lot of slowing-down debug code.

in order to get precise floating point numbers i crack the satoshi values out of raw transactions and not
the pretty formatted ones iquidus currently uses. the formatting introduces precision issues, the JSON.encode
inside the node module bitcoin or whatever then introduces even more precision issues.
my first pass was to run a modified node bitcoin module to string-quote those floating point values, it helped a lot
but still a few nagging ones were generated by the wallet itself.
so i went gonzo and started to decode totally raw tx blocks.

all this because one day i tipped my head at the "total supply" value and realized it should not have any decimal places at all !
we dont have proof-of-stake creating fractional coins, we dont burn tx fees. so the total supply should be a nice whole coin
multiple of lowest common denominator of proof-of-work values generated. basically a whole number ending in either in '00' or '50'

my code is still a little glitchy on some blockchains (ndl is simple enough to work well, but other coins do extreme transactions
in their blockchains. MFCoin for example did a hard fork this last oct.1  what they did is rollover the old blockchain into a brand new one with the first 360 or so blocks contain 2001 transactions EACH. that sure shook a few things loose in my code Smiley

but yes, i'll probably make my version available BEFORE your mythical free time appears Smiley lol...

currently i'm trying to figure out if the negative balance in one address i have in metalmusic coin is from a value decoding glitch or if i lost a whole transaction or block during one of the many crashes of my code. i'm going to be writing address 'audit' code -- real slow but should determine if everything is there. kinda like a reindex, but for one address.

i started on this trip because i thought further development by the original iquidus author was no more.
but it seems sometime in late fall while i was off on this tagent, he woke up and did a lot of new work too.
may want to check out his latest release. apparently has speed ups.

speed up is definitely not in my code dealing with all values as strings instead of native numbers and also storing and moving a lot more data in the db for the various metrics, etc. i do.

dnp

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2020, 02:56:52 PM

by the way this is doable even though there are multiple coin code branches over the years doing slightly different things in the tx raw block because....
i also use the decoded pretty format too! it gives all the clues you need to find what you need.
basically the pretty formatted version is a guidebook to the raw version.
although i have yet to work on a segwit blockchain... that put stuff in the raw tx block.

ps: did you ever notice some coins only gave 6 decimal place coin values?
   well, they actually only put in 6place satoshi (deci-satoshi?) values in the raw data!
   and here i used to think it was just some quirky idea of pretty displaying values. now i have to wonder the real
   reason? a way to fit a couple more transactions in? a way to deal with extremely large satoshi integer values
   nearing 20 digits trying to avoid hitting intel/x86 hardware limitations? *shrug*

DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2020, 03:23:05 PM

well, they actually only put in 6place satoshi (deci-satoshi?) values in the raw data!
   and here i used to think it was just some quirky idea of pretty displaying values. now i have to wonder the real
   reason? a way to fit a couple more transactions in? a way to deal with extremely large satoshi integer values
   nearing 20 digits trying to avoid hitting intel/x86 hardware limitations? *shrug*

That or just poor programming for some reason, and since everyone just clones everyone's code from git people just ran with what they had.
Like you I did not notice iquidus had posted updates. Going to have to load them and see what happens.
That's just joy of running all of this on VMs. Quick restores to just before you broke it.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
honglu69

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 01:57:28 AM

explorer is down
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2020, 02:47:10 AM

explorer is down
Back up.
Should be finished syncing in a few minutes.
-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
IMZ Noo Account

Activity: 746
Merit: 26

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 09:25:03 AM

by the way this is doable even though there are multiple coin code branches over the years doing slightly different things in the tx raw block because....
i also use the decoded pretty format too! it gives all the clues you need to find what you need.
basically the pretty formatted version is a guidebook to the raw version.
although i have yet to work on a segwit blockchain... that put stuff in the raw tx block.

It has come up in discussions of what makes a crypto rare. From memory, there are cryptos whose number of decimals range from just a couple to well over 8

The Legendary 'IMZ' account is/was me. 'IndiaMikeZulu' has been active since May, 2013
BTC: 19ses99BZvyv7y3Dbh39rFnZEdGSh98QNn  Peercoin: PFuPgov1ZWoqtmtdET8nS5rij3KHVuZZHC
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2020, 02:13:07 PM

So I just noticed that there is some hash out there that is not pointed to my pool.
Is this from anyone here who setup their own pool?
Yeah, it's only 50MH but it's 5x to 10x what is usually out there.

Just wondering who it is.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2020, 03:38:38 AM

Still going after more then 6 1/2 years. And there was another halving at block 2102400 yesterday:
http://explorer.noodlyappendagecoin.net/block/044ab5a2ca7c7b853a7ab3f2c76dec719e124e2e6579936b347e293e849507d1

Now only 625NDL per block.

Still can be traded at shoreline crypto:
https://shorelinecrypto.com/market/DOGE-NDL

And remember DNPs more pasta explorer here:
http://explorer.dognose.net:3501

Happy mining.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 10:57:19 PM

Still going after more then 6 1/2 years. And there was another halving at block 2102400 yesterday:
http://explorer.noodlyappendagecoin.net/block/044ab5a2ca7c7b853a7ab3f2c76dec719e124e2e6579936b347e293e849507d1

Happy mining.

-Dave

I would say CONGRATULATIONS for this achievement! Not many crypto projects can survive this long. However, talking about your exchange. By any chance, can this old coin be listed in a more popular exchange? Even in a medium-type thing. I think this one deserves more than being listed in shorelinecrypto. What do you think?
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 12:14:21 AM

Happy mining.

-Dave

I would say CONGRATULATIONS for this achievement! Not many crypto projects can survive this long. However, talking about your exchange. By any chance, can this old coin be listed in a more popular exchange? Even in a medium-type thing. I think this one deserves more than being listed in shorelinecrypto. What do you think?

The biggest issue with listing it on a "real" exchange is the lack of value and the lack of trading volume.

Some will list it for a fee (which I don't have) others look at it and go you are trading at 1/25000 of a doge not worth the electricity it will take for the extra CPU cycle on the server to run the wallet.

But, I am going to keep it going to the best of my ability.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2020, 02:43:11 PM

Looks like someone is mining it hard, well at least hard for a coin that is worth a fraction of a doge.
Difficulty is up to 13 and the chain is still moving.

Thank you all you pasta lovers for your support.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2020, 12:36:02 AM

Had an issue with the payouts at the pool. Everything should be working now.
Someone got paid twice enjoy the extra NDL.
If anyone is missing a payout, please PM me to let me know and I'll look into it.
Any other issues feel free to post / PM.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
honglu69

View Profile
September 09, 2020, 02:22:58 AM

If anyone is missing a payout, please PM me to let me know and I'll look into it.

-Dave

NDL pool seems to be down offline now.
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2020, 03:41:53 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2020, 04:28:05 PM by DaveF

-Dave

NDL pool seems to be down offline now.

Yeah, everything seems to be having an issue on that server. Did not even notice that the block explorer has not updated since Aug 23rd.
Let me see what is going on. Might take a bit it's almost midnight and I have been up since early this morning.

edit 1-- Explorer back. Going to have to take a look at the pool tomorrow.
edit 2 -- Looks like it's hardware not the pool or OS. Can't keep the daemons up. I have the explorer looking at another instance elsewhere  but can't get the pool to do it. Getting I/O errors. Will head to the data center in the next day or 2 to replace the drives. Sad

edit 3-- Sunday Sept 13 AM It was not the drives, replaced all of them and was reinstalling and imaging and started to get I/O errors again. Give me another few days Sad
If I owe you any coins post and I'll send them out of my wallet.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
honglu69

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 05:40:28 PM

The mining pool is still down.  Tried solo mining on this coin a while ago, failed to work. It appears that the syncing is always 0.9999% complete, not 100% complete.  I think for solo mining to work, the full node needs to be fully synced.  Some weird thing on this coin for solo mining setup.
number435398

Activity: 260
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 07:51:36 PM

As I recall, you have to have at least one connection to solo mine.

Edit: Also, as I recall, with the version 15.2 (versus the older version), the Bitcoin/Litecoin developers disabled the solo mining (compared to the way it was in the older version of the NDL wallet).  It has been a while for me thinking of such things.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: