Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:17:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk Road: anonymous marketplace. Feedback requested :)  (Read 152729 times)
Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:50:25 AM

a) don't advertise your site until it is up and running.
b) talk to dealers first, let them setup shop before advertising.
c) advertise discretely, from within SR, or other places. Allow it to take up its followers grassroots.
the problem with advertising publicly, is that no one can trust a sale on your site, all of the few on there, are probably fed.

ZOMG Moo!
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JackSparrow

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:57:23 AM

[..]but this one of the only sites avaiable for regestration[..]
There is also the open vendor database.
Modoki

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 12:20:35 PM

I would really like people to don't spam this thread; i am sure silkroad will come back in a few days and if it doesn't, we'll find a solution.
also, would you mind to not advertise any sites (alternatives, ovdb, etc) until it is confirmed that silkroad faded fully away? because what was the problem for silkroad where all the kids and such that came from gawker.com
now, if you write all the alternatives and such over here, they will just come over there as well.
nothing against publicity, but please keep it on a reasonable level so that really interested people only come.
greets. m
w0mbat

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 12:32:45 PM

all of the few on there, are probably fed.

where are u living? most ppl here think US = whole world. but thats not true.

1. the police is not allowed to offer drugs and the bust the buyers. that is illegal.
2. the feds dont care about those small sites.
3. thats what a trust system is for.

*** http://btcxc.info/  <->  Your source for everything around trading & mining Bitcoins! ***
Nesetalis

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 12:58:16 PM

i suppose you've never heard of a sting operation. Frequently US police and federal officials act as buyers or sellers to catch people.

So... explain again?

Also, since its only the US senators who are screaming about it, of course I'm talking about it from a US perspective. If he is outside of the US none of this really applies. However he never did answer if he was within or without, and the Fed wouldn't hesitate to bust a few buyers, just to choke out a site outside of their jurisdiction.

ZOMG Moo!
w0mbat

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 01:04:04 PM

well, good thing us the us feds/police dont have any jurisdiction in my country.

and theres a huge difference between action as a seller & a buyer.
its legal for the police to act a as buyer, but not as a seller.

*** http://btcxc.info/  <->  Your source for everything around trading & mining Bitcoins! ***
Nesetalis

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 01:06:54 PM

indeed there is a huge difference, however in the US, the drug war has taken such a toll on freedoms that there are almost nothing they cannot do.

In one or two states they are even allowed to enter private property without a warrant if they suspect there are drugs there (such as a scent of pot). Though this law is being challenged, it is currently on the books.

ZOMG Moo!
backopy

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 02:33:09 PM

Still, even if they can act as sellers that doesn't add much for feds, unless they want to open the FBI's Smack-Mart.
It's not illegal to buy, it's illegal to sell. What will they do to buyers? Increase their customer portfolio?

Sellers are the ones that need more care about expose their identity, specially in the physical snail mail orders, not buyers.
Modoki

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 02:37:13 PM

I'd just want to add that the search of private property without a warrant is something most police forces in the world can do.
The thing is, they need a warrant to search, EXCEPT there is a reasonable danger that evidence will be lost if they wait for a warrant.
now, if they search your stuff and find some contraband, they can claim that apparently the search was justified and thus get away most likely, while you are fucked.
on the other hand, if they don't find anything, you have a real chance to see money and such as a compensation, though it is ridiculous in the most cases and the chance not always given.
the bottom line is, if they know you have hidden and forbidden stuff in there they can just go and bust you right away.
true story, applies for most countries.
greets, M
Nesetalis

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 03:06:17 PM

actually it /is/ illegal to buy AND sell..
and what they can do is reduce trust. So 10 people by from you site, 5 of them get hit with fines or arrests but are allowed to tell people "i got busted from this site" suddenly almost no one trusts the site, and the site dies.

its rather simple.

ZOMG Moo!
backopy

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 03:11:23 PM

Nesetalis,

You're one of those negative sort of guys... no, it's not that "rather simple". Yes, such would be negative publicity, but is like having people saying that had bough broken stuff out of eBay; you probably get thousands each day and still eBay carries on.
Nesetalis

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 03:12:50 PM

No, not negative, a realist. You're committing a crime in their books, cover your ass and watch out.

trying to make believe that nothing bad can happen is the first step to getting yourself royally screwed.

ZOMG Moo!
backopy

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 03:21:55 PM

You're always pushing towards the bad events, thinking like you and the humanity would still believe Earth is flat. As there were risks to cross the ocean, there were risks to go to space, there're ALWAYS risks on practically anything you do...
If you're so afraid of the World, then rather you not even get your feet out of your house.

I'm NOT making believe nothing can happen. I just say you need to take applicable measures to not get busted, not fall into an insane loop of paranoia.
Nesetalis

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 03:36:12 PM

you want me to run with that analogy? how about this. I'm pushing you to use a well made frigate, while you're trying to set sail on a single mast raft and 3 days of food and water.

Doesn't matter what either of us believes, what matters is how far you can go to prove the earth is round or flat. You aint going nowhere on that raft and I'm telling you so.

Prove me wrong, I'll be delighted to accept that, but Don't kid yourself, this isn't a game.

ZOMG Moo!
backopy

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 03:50:34 PM

Yeah right... well, I'm off, not up to feed you nor to disclose ANY SUBJECT of my site. That would be "building a raft". I own you no "activity reports", nor anyone else for that matters. Still, as far as I can see people is registering, buying and selling... so the site is fulfilling its whole purpose (go figure!).

I'm just curious on what is for you a "well made frigate"? Design? Unless you really lack sense of what Tor is, design is the last thing to matter there. Unless you want pages so beautiful that takes ages to open.

Publicity? Well, if I don't, then no one will know about it, I'm not looking to make newspaper ads or google adsense (in this case would be google adinsanity) anyway... this here and the link at TorDir are enough.
Basiley

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 04:05:57 PM

Silkroad is going to be the downfall of bitcoin. It attracts too much attention to it.
any kind of [really-really]open marketplaces will be and very soon, i hope.
if you abstract you point of view far from bitching of feds/jourinalists undercover,flooded this thread, bitching there about illicit/malicious usage for marketplaces/currencies, you understand what im mean.
BTCBuyer

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 04:22:33 PM

Is the silkroad done for good?
Jdumond

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:37:33 PM

Still, even if they can act as sellers that doesn't add much for feds, unless they want to open the FBI's Smack-Mart.
It's not illegal to buy, it's illegal to sell. What will they do to buyers? Increase their customer portfolio?

Sellers are the ones that need more care about expose their identity, specially in the physical snail mail orders, not buyers.

perhaps by FBI smack mart you mean early 80's American inner cities?

I dont like the guy. How many reasons do I have? alot.
How many reasons do I need? none.
I just dont like the guy.

Donate here: 1Juv5x7PHcNQdRzdUpWK1DHMKwMy7j7zxj
Tradehill: TH-R11447
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:38:28 PM

YOU WILL GET FUCKED...  Grin
RonnieP

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 08:52:01 PM

perhaps by FBI smack mart you mean early 80's American inner cities?

LOL.... Only because its true though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: