Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:16:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk Road: anonymous marketplace. Feedback requested :)  (Read 152729 times)
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 12:46:18 AM

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't touch this with a 10 feet pole... but that's because my country's police is bit overhead when it turns to paranoia and drugs.  Tongue

Still a question, is silk road just a gun/drugs store? No other categories up to be open?

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
satamusic

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

yes.

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 01:03:39 AM

i'm afraid to even be posting here  Lips sealed

brb, a black van just pulled up and two men in suits are at the door...

hi
username

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 01:47:08 AM

Does all this stuff just get shipped through the regular mail? I'm too paranoid to take the risk of customs officers turning up on my doorstep personally.

This almost never happens. Where you live does play a role though, as well as where the product is coming from. Things that are shipped domestic do not go through customs, so if you order from a vendor in the same country as you there wont be customs agents. Maybe postal inspectors though. There is very little screening of mail domestic. Things through customs are harder although it depends again on the country. Australia screens huge amounts of mail, getting in anything other than a standard flat envelope is nearly impossible. Most nations, including USA and pretty much all of Europe, it is easy to sneak things past customs. The real risk is on the importer, after a package is in the country the product can be redistributed with in the country with more or less zero risk.
username

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 01:50:28 AM

Just for the record, SilkRoad has no apparent ties to any of the underground drug trading forums. For this reason alone I do not trust them. If they want my trust they need to say who can vouch for them or what forums they have been on. Even if they post a hash of the forums name and a random string of their choice it will be nice, then people from drug forums can compare forums they have been on + the random string and look for a match. This way people can learn if silkroad is on any trusted forums and silkroad doesn't need to leak any forum names. Honestly a vendor site like this with no backing from the forums I automatically am distrutful of, although they could be legitimate regardless.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2011, 05:39:59 PM

So, does one have to refrigerate dried P. cubensis? Storage and use instructions would help customers. ...Not that I currently possess any or have ever visited the Silk Road.

http://www.erowid.org/

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2011, 09:19:44 PM

not sure how to keep anon (if your gonna use a dr.), but just came across this article and thought bone marrow might be a good category and other things depending on how far you want to go.  something like Ripple could be helpful too.

the potential for things to be involuntary concerns me though.

http://www.latimes.com/health/fl-nbcol-bone-marrow-brochu-0304-20110304,0,397693.column

also i was thinking of a movie i saw a long time ago, a scene involves a bunch of asian guys, and a lottery.  When the guy's name is pulled he wins something he had requested, but has to give up something random.  I think one of the characters has to give up an eye, but his daughter gets a kidney. or something like that. any one know the name of the movie?

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
FatherMcGruder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2011, 09:28:45 PM

not sure how to keep anon (if your gonna use a dr.), but just came across this article and thought bone marrow might be a good category and other things depending on how far you want to go.  something like Ripple could be helpful too.

the potential for things to be involuntary concerns me though.

http://www.latimes.com/health/fl-nbcol-bone-marrow-brochu-0304-20110304,0,397693.column

also i was thinking of a movie i saw a long time ago, a scene involves a bunch of asian guys, and a lottery.  When the guy's name is pulled he wins something he had requested, but has to give up something random.  I think one of the characters has to give up an eye, but his daughter gets a kidney. or something like that. any one know the name of the movie?
Reminds me of Repo! The Genetic Opera.

If you never worked to obtain your organs, why should you get anything in exchange for them? If your spare organ will save someone's life, should that person become your slave after he gets your organ?

Use my Trade Hill referral code: TH-R11519

Check out bitcoinity.org and Ripple.

Shameless display of my bitcoin address:
1Hio4bqPUZnhr2SWi4WgsnVU1ph3EkusvH
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 09:46:26 PM

If you never worked to obtain your organs, why should you get anything in exchange for them? If your spare organ will save someone's life, should that person become your slave after he gets your organ?

What exactly are you saying? I shouldn't be allowed to sell my organs? My spare organs should be taken against my will?
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 11:18:47 PM

Cool site.  I can imagine many uses for a truly anonymous market.  It reminds me of friends who tried to import prohibited books into East Germany back in the day.  Anyway, my only suggestion is that someone sell USD and/or EUR cash on the site.  Selling cash could help vendors bootstrap their reputation and buyers refine their delivery mechanism without risk from possibly illegal goods.

A resilient, anonymous system for cashing out of Bitcoin could also be useful if pressure ever comes down on the Bitcoin economy and its main exchanges.  Of course, #bitcoin-otc handles that pretty well too.  The more the merrier.
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 11:25:58 PM

my only suggestion is that someone sell USD and/or EUR cash on the site.  Selling cash could help vendors bootstrap their reputation and buyers refine their delivery mechanism without risk from possibly illegal goods.

That's a great idea. I might look into offering this service.

Activity: 102

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2011, 04:48:10 AM

I heard about a guy who made a very small purchase of something quasi-legal here. He knows my cousin's bosses girlfriend. When I hear how it goes I shall report back
wb3

Activity: 112

^Check Out^ Isle 3

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 05:04:03 AM

I heard about a guy who made a very small purchase of something quasi-legal here. He knows my cousin's bosses girlfriend. When I hear how it goes I shall report back

the u-232 is two doors down on the left. Upper shelf, in a glass jar. suggest you bring some lead (Pb).

Net Worth = 0.10    Hah, "Net" worth Smiley
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 08:11:07 AM

the u-232 is two doors down on the left. Upper shelf, in a glass jar. suggest you bring some lead (Pb).

u-232?  I'm not familiar with that one, it must be rare.  U-235 is depleted, and I've held it in my hand.  It's not particularly dangerous, but I made sure to wash my hands before eating.  U-238 is the hot stuff.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
wb3

Activity: 112

^Check Out^ Isle 3

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 08:27:07 AM

It was a joke, but probably a bad one. We will probably have FBI GPS trackers on our cars in the morning.

I wonder how much a FBI GPS tracker goes for in BTC  Grin

Net Worth = 0.10    Hah, "Net" worth Smiley
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 08:44:09 AM

It was a joke, but probably a bad one. We will probably have FBI GPS trackers on our cars in the morning.

Doubt it.  Despite popular opinion, it's not illegal to posses uranium in small quantities.  Regulated, yes.  Prohibited, no.  That's just Hollywood.  Much like firearm suppressors.  Difficult to get, and expensive, but not prohibited.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
ronaldmaustin

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 08:47:59 AM

Here is a list of things banned on e-bay.  Much of it is banned for obvious reasons, but some of it should be allowed.  Some of these might expand the types of products offered . . .

Adult Only category

alcohol (see also wine)

animals and wildlife products – examples include live animals, mounted specimens, and ivory

art 

artifacts, grave-related items, and Native American arts and crafts

catalytic converters and test pipes

cell phone (wireless) service contracts

charity or fundraising listings

clothing, used

contracts

cosmetics, used

counterfeit currency and stamps

credit cards

currency, selling

drugs and drug paraphernalia

drugs, describing drugs or drug-like substances

electronics equipment – examples include cable TV de-scramblers, radar scanners, and traffic signal control devices

electronic surveillance equipment – examples include wiretapping devices and telephone bugging devices

embargoed goods and prohibited countries – examples include items from Cuba

event tickets

firearms, weapons, and knives – examples include pepper spray, replicas, and stun guns (see also military items)

food and healthcare items

gift cards

government documents, IDs, and licenses

government, transit, and shipping-related items – examples include airplane operations manuals, subway employee uniforms, and U.S. Postal Service (USPS) mailbags

hazardous materials – examples include batteries, fireworks, and Freon

human parts and remains

importation of goods into the United States – examples include CDs that were intended only for distribution in a certain country

international trading

items encouraging illegal activity – examples include an eBook describing how to create methamphetamine

lockpicking devices

lottery tickets

mailing lists and personal information

manufacturers' coupons

medical devices – examples include contact lenses, pacemakers, and surgical instruments

military items (see also firearms, weapons, and knives)                         

multi-level marketing, pyramid, and matrix programs

offensive material – examples include ethnically or racially offensive material and Nazi memorabilia

pesticides

plants and seeds                           

police-related items

political memorabilia (reproduction)

postage meters

prescription drugs

prohibited services

real estate

recalled items

slot machines

stamps

stocks and other securities

stolen property and property with removed serial numbers

surveillance equipment

tobacco

travel

weeds (see plants and seeds)
Anonymous

March 05, 2011, 12:25:38 PM

i'm afraid to even be posting here  Lips sealed

brb, a black van just pulled up and two men in suits are at the door...

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110304/10254213366/student-who-found-gps-device-his-car-due-to-reddit-comment-sues-fbi.shtml

Smiley
FatherMcGruder

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2011, 03:46:35 PM

Bitcoin Gadgets sells a GPS jammer. http://www.bitcoingadgets.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_12&products_id=20

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 03:57:05 PM

If wine has been banned on eBay I may think of it.
A bottle here can go as low as 1,50 €  Grin - and I'm not talking of cheap wine.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
FatherMcGruder

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2011, 04:31:59 PM

It's too bad that Silk Road doesn't have an auction mechanism. I'd like that, if I hypothetically had any interest in Silk Road to begin with.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: