Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:18:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907162 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:11:11 PM

Love this thread..  Bookmarked and following..

I am drinking Beer?  That ok???

Since the price is 420, aok!

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trolololo

Activity: 263
Merit: 280

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:21:29 PM

There is this thing called "escrow" where bitcoins are typically sent first to a "trusted 3rd party", and once fiat is moved, the bitcoins are released. That is a hassle, I am working hard to replace it with a guarantee system, which would make cheating unprofitable.

Interesting concept, would like to hear more, as I am having this kind of issues on receiving USD (via cashiers checks) for property located elsewhere, would be fantastic if a system like this existed in BTC

More about it.

Coinffeine is developing something like that.
http://www.coinffeine.com/
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:24:48 PM

I'm drinking vodka, so I think that it's cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0q8Oho_RjM

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░         ░                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓░     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓   ▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Totle: DEX Aggregator 

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▓███    █████   
                    █     ▓█▒   █   
                   ██       ██▒██   
                   █                
            █████████████           
   ████████░             ░████████  
  █░ ░██                     ▒█▒  ██
  █░██     ░▓▓▓▒      ▓▓▓▒     ░█ ██
   ██      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▒▓▓▓▓      ██  
   ██        ░░        ░░       ▒█  
    █░                          █   
     █▓      ██░      ██░     ░█    
       ██░       ████      ░██      
          ████████████████    

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█
JHammer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:48:24 PM

Grin Grin Grin
samurai1200

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:53:50 AM

Rising prices on falling volume/RSI in highly oversold territory makes me feel like a reversal is imminent in this little run-up we've had today. How likely do you guys think a double bottom is approaching? I believe there was some mention of it at the beginning of the crash a few pages back.

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
jayspin

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:49:04 AM

Margarita
Love this thread..  Bookmarked and following..

Grin Grin Grin

I see your vodka and raise you a Margarita. At the pool. In Thailand.
MahaRamana

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:11:39 AM

Some TA

Tuur Demeester is an economist and investor focused on personal and financial freedom and bitcoin, and editor in chief at Adamant Research.

http://www.coindesk.com/whither-price-bitcoin/
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:56:59 AM

Quick TA update:
- 6H candle color/volume: BREAKING - huge green candle beats the previous reds AND action afterwards is promising, conclusion: probability of recent reversal increased
- Bid/ask strengh at market: slippage to sell 5k: $45, slippage to buy: $65, conclusion: buying side solidifies
- Trendline comparison: we are now at -0.372 log units. The trendline is at $1,000 and rising $7 per day, conclusion: rock bottom
- Sentiment: changing; I personally expect panic buys starting soon
- Prognosis: getting better; probability for dips gets smaller by the day, long-term buy zone

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rudius

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:10:54 PM

Quick TA update:
- 6H candle color/volume: BREAKING - huge green candle beats the previous reds AND action afterwards is promising, conclusion: probability of recent reversal increased
- Bid/ask strengh at market: slippage to sell 5k: $45, slippage to buy: $65, conclusion: buying side solidifies
- Trendline comparison: we are now at -0.372 log units. The trendline is at $1,000 and rising $7 per day, conclusion: rock bottom
- Prognosis: getting better; probability for dips gets smaller by the day, long-term buy zone

Wow, that is unexpected. That is a brave call.
I m expected to revisit at least 400 to solidify. A big rejection of sub 400 level without news would be great. Could be in 2 weeks though.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:31:01 PM

the big green candle was a china-driven reaction to the zhou xiaochuan comment.  i too think we have bottomed (p=.75) but ex-china sentiment seems negative. that is only mildly bullish because sentiment reversal takes time. it is only after the underlying hive mind crosses neutral that panic buying can become significant.  

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:38:06 PM

Quick TA update:

How extravagant.  This bounce was actually weaker than the last mtgox bounce.

10KBTC of bids are in front of the bottom  (vs 20KBTC)

It went from 340 to 440 [+30%] ( vs 400 to 610 [+52%] )

There was 64K volume on stamp (vs 120K)

There is a whopping 9.5M USD.

The trendline is an imaginary observation of the past based on guesstimations of a lagging slope and an arbitrary formula for an exponential growth of the userbase in which the exponent could easily be wrong causing a massive error.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:52:04 PM

The trendline is an imaginary observation of the past based on guesstimations of a lagging slope and an arbitrary formula for an exponential growth of the userbase in which the exponent could easily be wrong causing a massive error.

thats shark jumping.  the exponent error point is the good point in your post.  i should like to take fits over time to observe the variance.  stupid tax deadline has me stretched tho.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
awesomeami

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:41:26 PM

We can't read that without registering, and we can't register without a reference.  Can I get a reference from you?  I think my post history here should show I'm sufficiently knowledgable.

Send me PM, please. Both of you Smiley
Can I get a reference please?
PM already sent

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:48:15 PM

Quick TA update:

How extravagant.  This bounce was actually weaker than the last mtgox bounce.

10KBTC of bids are in front of the bottom  (vs 20KBTC)

It went from 340 to 440 [+30%] ( vs 400 to 610 [+52%] )

There was 64K volume on stamp (vs 120K)

There is a whopping 9.5M USD.

I follow the indicators I selected, and keep them constant. I want to add something to the discussion, not monkey yours or anyone else's methods.

"The trendline" is a best-fitting (highest R^2) trendline among the ones in active use, over the dataset of typical/average monthly Bitcoin prices over all of Bitcoin's existence. Your plurality of negatives when describing it, makes me wonder if you actually realize there is nothing at all arbitrary in it. All arbitrariness starts when you consider, whether the best-fitting and longest historical trend so far has predictive ability, or not.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:49:47 PM

the exponent error point is the good point in your post

I did not get how there can be exponent error if all you do is observe some set of data and draw a least-squares trendline, explain?

Pruden

Activity: 496

Spanish Bitcoin trader

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:00:31 PM

thats shark jumping.  the exponent error point is the good point in your post.  i should like to take fits over time to observe the variance.  stupid tax deadline has me stretched tho.
I don't know where I saw a couple of days ago the graph with the curve representing where the exponential would be taking in count only data up to that time. It has been remarkably close to current trendline for over a year. I think rpietila already said this when introducing his model and since then has talked of how little the slope changes month-to month but has not repeated it enough, apparently, given that it is a very strong point to which oda.krell raised an objection too.
EuroTrash

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:21:13 PM

the exponent error point is the good point in your post

I did not get how there can be exponent error if all you do is observe some set of data and draw a least-squares trendline, explain?

Here some ramblings of mine, I'd like your thoughts on them.
We assume that a using a line on the logarithmic chart is correct because of exponential adoption over time. But what if the adoption is not exponential but only, say, quadratic, or even worse, proportional to n*sqrt(n), because of Meltcalfe's law?

Another way I think of it is that the time scale is somehow warped in the sense that there are events (eg Gox news) that cause a number of players to exit the market and then kind of bring us back to a time when we had less adopters.

Exponential or not, I think of mass adoption as something coming in subsequent waves.
Compare to the troubled history of file sharing: I think right now we had a Napster-gone-bust moment, and bitcoiners are almost criminals in the minds of ignorant masses. We know that cryptocurrencies are here to stay, but I am not sure that this was the bottom, and I'm not sure how long to next rise.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:21:53 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 02:43:29 PM by rpietila

thats shark jumping.  the exponent error point is the good point in your post.  i should like to take fits over time to observe the variance.  stupid tax deadline has me stretched tho.
I don't know where I saw a couple of days ago the graph with the curve representing where the exponential would be taking in count only data up to that time. It has been remarkably close to current trendline for over a year. I think rpietila already said this when introducing his model and since then has talked of how little the slope changes month-to month but has not repeated it enough, apparently, given that it is a very strong point to which oda.krell raised an objection too.

Starting at 2009-01-03,
X-axis resolution daily.
Y-axis log(USD/BTC) (red line);
log(price)/log(trend_price) (blue line) <- trendline recalculated monthly; this graph uses 36 individual trendlines

2011 I bought at this point of the trendline (-0.35).

12/2013 decided that it will possibly go to about -0.35 but to be on the safe side I calculated 410 to be the buy zone in 2-3/2014 (-0.3 in 2014-3-31).

Now it strongly points out that we are oversold, since never before in Bitcoin's history has the price gone down from a condition this much below the trend. The price/trendline-differential has gone deeper but it has been accompanied with a rising price (11/2011-12/2012).

To underline the novel method used here: the trendline (not shown, only the price (red) and the difference of price and trendline (blue) are shown) is recalculated every month so that its parameters constantly change.

As far as I know, there is much critique against the trendline but none of it stems from understanding. The valid attack vectors are:
- Is the dataset reliable in describing the phenomenon? (yes; the very beginning is uncertain because there were not many trades, but leaving it out, leads to greater arbitrariness than using as representative the data as we can generate)
- Can it reasonably be modelled using the given trendline model? (yes; this is about technology adoption, which can follow logistic function)
- Is the trendline best fit to the data? (yes, its R^2 is the highest)

Equilux

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:43:23 PM

thats shark jumping.  the exponent error point is the good point in your post.  i should like to take fits over time to observe the variance.  stupid tax deadline has me stretched tho.

The most interesting graph I have ever produced

I'm really curious as to what exactly I'm looking at Smiley

EuroTrash

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:59:29 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 03:37:03 PM by EuroTrash

You're looking at both btcusd price (red) and the difference between btcusd and an arbitrary exponential trend line (blue). The blue line must be as horizontal and close to zero as possible to validate the model.

EDIT: I see rpietila added full explanation now

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: