Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:23:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907162 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Dotto
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1005

No maps for these territories

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:22:31 PM

We more people feeling like this, the sooner and bigger the breakthrought. C'mon pink, spread some more FUD Grin
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:32:58 PM

You're here from this february young noobie

wait with calm  Grin

A little longer than February  Wink

Bitcoin is doing fine, it has been below long-term trend for months before and it will happen much more often, but it will eventually return to the trend and even overshoot before collapsing below trend again.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, it may take a few more months but we'll likely get close to 5 figures before the end of the year.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:55:16 PM

Now the problem is how to be able to invest when the coin is cheap.

No, forget about that. You told that you are already nearly fully invested. Keep the rest as a cushion.

Planning how practically to execute the sale of the bitcoins is also important. You cannot suddenly repatriate millions of dollars to your bank for example (the limit of "suspicious activity" may be much smaller such as $5k!).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:34:51 PM

It's especially frustrating because I'm NEARLY fully invested in so I'd really like to get the best value for my last investment FOR ONCE. I know im reasoning short term, but I'm sure I could have done better.

My advice would be to wait for bitcoin to hit $100. Then you get a reasonable value for your last dollars.

Before choking, listen to the reasoning: Bitcoin is going to incredible heights. If you go all-in now and the price goes down, or stays at this level for any longer time, you are tempted to sell at a loss. If it goes up, you are tempted to sell at least a part of your position way too early. If you wait until it hits $100 (which it doesn't), then your attitude is always that "I could have bought more coins, but didn't, so I have to hold on to the ones I have". That way you don't sell out too cheaply, and in the end make both more dollars and bitcoins.

And if it crashes hard, at least you still have some cash  Smiley

rpietila, I commend you for your mastery of managing ones own psychology.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:35:29 PM

It's especially frustrating because I'm NEARLY fully invested in so I'd really like to get the best value for my last investment FOR ONCE. I know im reasoning short term, but I'm sure I could have done better.

My advice would be to wait for bitcoin to hit $100. Then you get a reasonable value for your last dollars.

Before choking, listen to the reasoning: Bitcoin is going to incredible heights.

I think I have just about lost all faith in BTC going to incredible heights. Seems like adoption has slowed & there are too many attempts to stifle it.

That's actually a good thing Wink

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:35:53 PM

Planning how practically to execute the sale of the bitcoins is also important. You cannot suddenly repatriate millions of dollars to your bank for example (the limit of "suspicious activity" may be much smaller such as $5k!).

I am not sure what you are talking about. Surely, exchanging money between bank and brokerage or between bank and coinbase is NOT a "suspicious" activity.
I think that coinbase undergoes full KYC/AML vetting procedure (takes a month).
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:02:50 PM

No, forget about that. You told that you are already nearly fully invested. Keep the rest as a cushion.

I just posted a thread asking about this: I'm a very small owner of BTC, but when it is worth a lot I'll want to have some cash. What are the best countries to receive the money from exchanges?

Would withdrawing $1000 or so per day not be considered "suspicious activity" as well? I fear that even the smallest amount could be heavily taxed...
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:06:44 PM

I just posted a thread asking about this: I'm a very small owner of BTC, but when it is worth a lot I'll want to have some cash. What are the best countries to receive the money from exchanges?

Would withdrawing $1000 or so per day not be considered "suspicious activity" as well? I fear that even the smallest amount could be heavily taxed...

When Bitcoin is worth a lot, maybe you wont have to (want to) "cash out" any more? What do you think are the circumstances for Bitcoin to be worth say $100,000. I don't think it'd be sensible, maybe not even feasable, to exchange for cash since either everyone will accept BTC or noone will want any USD, or both.

Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:09:41 PM

I am not sure what you are talking about. Surely, exchanging money between bank and brokerage or between bank and coinbase is NOT a "suspicious" activity.

This depends on your country, bank and degree of fascism you are subject to. Here in Sweden, for example, the banks view "activity" as "suspicious" until you prove otherwise and doing so is not that easy.

I have a Norwegian neighbor who is in her 70s. She has saved up quite a lot of money during her long life. She tried moving some of her money from her Norwegian account to the local bank. They froze her account and demanded all kinds of statements. It was apparently not enough to show that she bought a big fancy house in the 1990s and sold it before moving to an apartment here mid 2000s. Where did she get the money for that house? By selling another house when she moved at that time. But the documents for that was not enough. No, where did she get the money for the house she had way back in the 1970s? And so on. She eventually gave up and closed her local bank accounts.

It does not matter if you made your money legally or not, all bank activity is now "suspicious".

Are you sure that you are not exaggerating anything here? Wouldn't that completely impede the capital movement, which is a large %% of economy?
If what you are writing is true, then i understand where Cyprus came from.
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:12:26 PM

When Bitcoin is worth a lot, maybe you wont have to (want to) "cash out" any more? What do you think are the circumstances for Bitcoin to be worth say $100,000. I don't think it'd be sensible, maybe not even feasable, to exchange for cash since either everyone will accept BTC or noone will want any USD, or both.

I agree with you to a certain extent, and I would definitely never sell more than a small portion of my hodlings. For sure this would be the case if we're talking about btc stable at say $100.000. But there might be a much earlier bubble peaking at that amount, and maybe some money would be nice (even necessary) to survive meanwhile, before bitcoin is truly widespread...
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:40:18 PM

I agree with you to a certain extent, and I would definitely never sell more than a small portion of my hodlings. For sure this would be the case if we're talking about btc stable at say $100.000. But there might be a much earlier bubble peaking at that amount, and maybe some money would be nice (even necessary) to survive meanwhile, before bitcoin is truly widespread...

Prices at $100K-1mil are just a dream that might never materialize.
however SSS plan is very sensible
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345065.0
pinksheep

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 08:29:21 PM

[/quote]

I would have thought that all BTC profits would be taxed whether you withdraw $1,000 a day or the whole lot at once?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 08:58:40 PM

This depends on your country, bank and degree of fascism you are subject to. Here in Sweden, for example, the banks view "activity" as "suspicious" until you prove otherwise and doing so is not that easy.

I have a Norwegian neighbor who is in her 70s. She has saved up quite a lot of money during her long life. She tried moving some of her money from her Norwegian account to the local bank. They froze her account and demanded all kinds of statements. It was apparently not enough to show that she bought a big fancy house in the 1990s and sold it before moving to an apartment here mid 2000s. Where did she get the money for that house? By selling another house when she moved at that time. But the documents for that was not enough. No, where did she get the money for the house she had way back in the 1970s? And so on. She eventually gave up and closed her local bank accounts.

It does not matter if you made your money legally or not, all bank activity is now "suspicious".

I personally try to keep my local bank account balance as close to zero as possible, I move money into it so I have enough to pay bills and expenses the coming month and that's it. No way I'm trusting those fascist control-freaks with anything more than strictly required. You can not pay rent or utility bills with cryptocurrency and it is also not possible to use cash for that anymore so I have to use banks to some extent (you can go to a bank and pay bills cash at a outrageous fee but they demand you show your ID and waste half an hour asking you stupid questions about it because it's such suspicious).

Was this in the US?  Or what country?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
frienemy

Activity: 235

I was promised da moon

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:27:07 PM

I personally try to keep my local bank account balance as close to zero as possible, I move money into it so I have enough to pay bills and expenses the coming month and that's it. No way I'm trusting those fascist control-freaks with anything more than strictly required. You can not pay rent or utility bills with cryptocurrency and it is also not possible to use cash for that anymore so I have to use banks to some extent (you can go to a bank and pay bills cash at a outrageous fee but they demand you show your ID and waste half an hour asking you stupid questions about it because it's such suspicious).

Bolded the important part for you

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:56:02 PM

I was going to tell him but it is better if it doesn't come from the wife! Wink

isov

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:44:49 PM

This latest drop doesn't seem so bad. Looks like it's still staying above long term downtrend lines, atleast if you don't use log chart.
pinksheep

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:52:47 PM

We more people feeling like this, the sooner and bigger the breakthrought. C'mon pink, spread some more FUD Grin

Why are people accused of spreading FUD if they make even a slightly negative comment about BTC's future? I didn't even know what FUD was until recently - had to google it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:57:12 PM

Haha, that's great! Smiley
frienemy

Activity: 235

I was promised da moon

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:02:09 PM

Always happy when I can save a marriage Wink I bet your marriage longterm trendline points upwards, but make sure it's not this way: http://xkcd.com/605/ Cheesy

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:31:54 PM

Always happy when I can save a marriage Wink I bet your marriage longterm trendline points upwards, but make sure it's not this way: http://xkcd.com/605/ Cheesy

One husband is quite enough for any woman!   Grin

And why in the world would any man want more than one woman!?  That is the question I have always had for polygamists!  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: