Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:09:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CACH] CACHeCoin released based on scrypt-jane  (Read 224365 times)
r05

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

test cryptocoin please ignore

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:42:26 PM

How stupid was I to invest in this crap before doing a solid research..
Very.

BTC: 18tS6E9FRnXuh4JitAJykm6YRtJRSkP6jq
XMR: 46BzjaUU1fyfFJ2b9vvg9RXUsw3XQtkaoc7cRkzYxMre69GtCaX6jg3Luc4B6ABHAaBmZNpJ4zzmAiX deGsCiXJJMniDbWE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deerough

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:51:00 AM

Very.

Which coin are you talking about, I am beginning to look at CACH as my next investment.  I already offloaded my Vert at spike and am considering buying it all back at near half price.  Which one do you think is crap and what research are you talking about?  The vert premine?
r05

Activity: 193

test cryptocoin please ignore

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:08:46 AM

Very.

Which coin are you talking about, I am beginning to look at CACH as my next investment.  I already offloaded my Vert at spike and am considering buying it all back at near half price.  Which one do you think is crap and what research are you talking about?  The vert premine?
I can't talk for the poster above but I don't believe CACHe is crap at all. It hasn't been marketed the best sure but it's a solid coin in my opinion. I just think the above was stupid to invest in it without doing his own research - as you would be with any coin.

CACHe is on an exchange and it's value is steadily increasing. People are mining it actively so it's far from dead and the community is there.

BTC: 18tS6E9FRnXuh4JitAJykm6YRtJRSkP6jq
XMR: 46BzjaUU1fyfFJ2b9vvg9RXUsw3XQtkaoc7cRkzYxMre69GtCaX6jg3Luc4B6ABHAaBmZNpJ4zzmAiX deGsCiXJJMniDbWE
stevenb

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:14:38 AM

Very.

Which coin are you talking about, I am beginning to look at CACH as my next investment.  I already offloaded my Vert at spike and am considering buying it all back at near half price.  Which one do you think is crap and what research are you talking about?  The vert premine?
I can't talk for the poster above but I don't believe CACHe is crap at all. It hasn't been marketed the best sure but it's a solid coin in my opinion. I just think the above was stupid to invest in it without doing his own research - as you would be with any coin.

CACHe is on an exchange and it's value is steadily increasing. People are mining it actively so it's far from dead and the community is there.
CACHe has same ideas as Vertcoin: increasing Nfactor to avoid ASIC (actually CACHe is more Anti-Asic than Vertcoin because its Nfactor is increasing faster). But CACHe even more advance than Vertcoin because it's using scrypt-jane: using less power when mining and reward per block is adapted based on nethash, another advantage is POS reward.

deerough

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:19:45 AM

Very.

CACHe has same ideas as Vertcoin: increasing Nfactor to avoid ASIC (actually CACHe is more Anti-Asic than Vertcoin because its Nfactor is increasing faster). But CACHe even more advance than Vertcoin because it's using scrypt-jane: using less power when mining and reward per block is adapted based on nethash, another advantage is POS reward.

Thanks. I am looking for a long-term investment in a scrypt-jane coin for those reasons.  VERT seemed like it was too good to be true so I had to cut out, unfortunately i offloaded most of mine at the 1 USD per coin mark.  That's besides the point.  I am glad CACH has both n-factor and scrypt-jane.  That should do well for longevity.
kb24mvp

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:59:50 PM

How many total cach coins will be made? Dont see it in the OP

Thx
kalgecin (OP)

Activity: 819
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:09:02 PM

How many total cach coins will be made? Dont see it in the OP

Thx

No limit. But fees are destroyed

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

kalgecin (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:19:19 PM

Give feedback if have any, thought of modifying diff retarget http://forum.cachecoin.org/index.php/topic,13.0.html

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

deerough

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:44:01 PM

So why so many confirmations for mined blocks?  This seems a bit too long. 
kalgecin (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:02:59 PM

So why so many confirmations for mined blocks?  This seems a bit too long. 

To limit the amount of people mining and dumping

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:29:52 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 01:51:07 AM by r0ach

Vertcoin was premined. Cachecoin was not.

Vertcoin didn't have a premine, I dunno what this guy is smoking.  It was a fair launch coin that started with normal, Litecoin diff algo.  

The first pool operator, Ziga "The French Connection", even could have put something like 100mhash on it himself when difficulty was low but didn't.  Most people who mined on the first day didn't even hold their coins and sold them.  If you mined right from the opening on http://pool.pm with 3-4mhash or so, and never stopped for a few days, you would have gotten around 3000-4000.  Not many people actually did, because what coins blow up and which ones don't is very unpredictable.  Out of the few people that did mine it from day 1 and stayed on it, most of them sold off for pennies.  It's possible some people could have made lots of money from it, but most people did not hold.  VTC distribution is about as good as it gets for an "alt coin" and there are tons of people who are kicking themselves for not having bought some when it was selling for literally pennies.

At one point, even when people were noticing the coin had promise and prices started to rise, I remember seeing that you could buy the entire sell wall and get 16,000 for .5 BTC, I think on Coinedup.  That means you could have turned $400 into $160,000 without even having mined it at all, and buying during an uptrend.  The coin sold for so cheap for over an entire week, that anyone who mined early wasn't even rewarded for doing so when anyone could come along and buy far more than you mined on day 1 for nothing.

I had 3-4mhash on it at release on pool.pm and got, I don't remember, 2-3000 the first day.  When it was placed on Coinedup, I could have bought the same amount for the cost of a trip to Burger King for the next 3-4 days.

Moral of the story is, any coin that has any kind of potential whatsoever, you should buy some near release when its drastically undervalued.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:15:12 AM

Vertcoin was premined. Cachecoin was not.

Vertcoin didn't have a premine, I dunno what this guy is smoking.  It was a fair launch coin that started with normal, Litecoin diff algo.  

The first pool operator, Ziga "The French Connection", even could have put something like 100mhash on it himself when difficulty was low but didn't.  Most people who mined on the first day didn't even hold their coins and sold them.  If you mined right from the opening on http://pool.pm with 3-4mhash or so, and never stopped for a few days, you would have gotten around 3000-4000.  Not many people actually did, because what coins blow up and which ones don't is very unpredictable.  Out of the few people that did mine it from day 1 and stayed on it, most of them sold off for pennies.  It's possible some people could have made lots of money from it, but most people did not hold.  VTC distribution is about as good as it gets for an "alt coin" and there are tons of people who are kicking themselves for not having bought some when it was selling for literally pennies.

At one point, even when people were noticing the coin had promise and prices started to rise, I remember seeing that you could buy the entire sell wall and get 16,000 for .5 BTC, I think on Coinedup.  That means you could have turned $400 into $160,000 without even having mined it at all, and buying during an uptrend.  The coin sold for so cheap for over an entire week, that anyone who mined early wasn't even rewarded for doing so when anyone could come along and buy far more than you mined on day 1 for nothing.

I had 3-4mhash on it at release on pool.pm and got, I don't remember, 2-3000 the first day.  When it was placed on Coinedup, I could have bought the same amount for the cost of a trip to Burger King for the next 3-4 days.

Moral of the story is, any coin that has any kind of potential whatsoever, you should buy some near release when its drastically undervalued.  The next coin that blows up like VTC will probably be Microcoin.  It's ridiculously undervalued in the same way VTC was.

I do not smoke.

Premine - None
There is no premine except three, normal blocks done to test the network (150 coins).  You can use the block explorer below to look them up.  Unlike many other coins, no one has received a large amount of free coins to dump on an exchange.

So 0 mined then. Not like....150 coins, which is more than 1 days volume on the exchange right?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:55:26 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 08:12:42 AM by r0ach

I do not smoke.

Premine - None
There is no premine except three, normal blocks done to test the network (150 coins).  You can use the block explorer below to look them up.  Unlike many other coins, no one has received a large amount of free coins to dump on an exchange.

So 0 mined then. Not like....150 coins, which is more than 1 days volume on the exchange right?

You think that's a premine?  Are you kidding me.  Three normal blocks to test the network, an amount of coins that was worth probably $1 for an entire week after it was added to Coinedup.

Litecoin even had the exact same thing:

Premines

Litecoin will come with 150 premined coins: just the genesis block and the first 2 blocks to confirm the genesis is valid.  We believe a coin needs to be released in a fair manner.  Having one person (or a group) control a large amount of coins that can be used as they see fit is against the decentralized vision of Bitcoin.  Yes, it is true that without a stash of premined coins, we will not be able to afford to pay for bounties, but we believe people will see the virtue of this coin, invest in it as early adopters, and will be willing to spend time creating services to make this coin better.

Does anyone refer to Litecoin as a "premine scam coin"?  No.  You were trying to do that to Vertcoin to try and pump this coin, when it's just blatantly false.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:27:41 AM

This is no vertcoin thread. Who cares about other coins. CACH is so awesome, not even worth to discuss about Vertcoin Smiley
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:57:09 PM

Poloniex Cachecoin giveaway started: https://poloniex.com/giveaways
jasinlee

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:49:06 AM

Anyone frequent geocaching sites?

I will put 50 Cache toward a bounty for anyone who will create a geocache and print out some CACH on a paper wallet and get some of the geocache communities involved Cheesy

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
kalgecin (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:00:38 AM

For those who are not yet aware, @mrpj is making a wonderful job on the cachecoin stats and explorer subdomains. For his work, I'm giving him 150 CACH, any more donations/tips for him should go to
Code:
CMctUaGFaKNK7aF9YvfmSaNcXCFou7oEuv
I'll send him whatever is there when he's done

JAyThaRevo

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:59:24 AM

Poloniex Cachecoin giveaway started: https://poloniex.com/giveaways

Already over oO?!
jasinlee

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:42:03 PM

That was fast

stevenb

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:45:20 PM

I'm late, giveaway is ended  Cry

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: