Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:08:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CACH] CACHeCoin released based on scrypt-jane  (Read 224367 times)
DreadLord

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:43:49 AM

I've set up second traditional pool at http://pool.cachecoin.net

If somebody is reading this and still mining at cach.catcoin.cz consider switching either to the second pool or one of p2pool nodes. As an incentive to switch, the second pool has currently lower fees (half the percentage of first pool fees). Once enough people will switch either to second pool or to p2pool nodes, I'll lower the fee on the first pool, so both pools will have equal, or very close to equal fees (hoping to keep the pool hashrates balanced to be approximately equal on both pools and I hope that by setting the fee slightly above fees in p2pool nodes it will balance the hashrate a bit in favor of p2pool nodes).

Also, new registrations are now closed on first pool, so new users have to mine either at second pool or one of P2pool nodes (or mine solo, but unless they have really good mining rig, I wouldn't recommend that).

Also, someone from USA requested my help with setting up own CACH mining pool, so we may soon have third traditional (mpos) pool for CACH mining (hosted on another continent than first two, so perhaps it will end up as preferred pool for US users, further distributing the hashrate).

Nice incentive...I bet you didn't mind at all wile you are getting 3% fees from miners...nice move  Huh Huh Huh
The fees were meant to encourage people to move to other pools and distribute the hashrate across the network

The fees are for the pool owner....that's all I know  Wink
Yes, and running the pool also costs

Yes I know that also...but 1% to 2% that's good...every pool have those fees but increasing from 1% to 3%....there's no sense in that  Angry

Besides now that pool is running at 36% of net hash rate as we speak...so why didn't he lower fees?

If you don't like the fees, move to another pool

LOL...Nice answer from dev...I would expect better one...but out of arguments leads to this...Thank you for this nice talk!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
simonhard

Activity: 66

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 10:49:02 AM

I think he did the 3% to let people jump to other pool (p2p). Good move!
badcat

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:43:33 AM

I'm using Robert Davidson's modified scrypt-jane cgminer - https://sites.google.com/site/rmdavidson/cgminer-3.7.2-sj-0.02.zip

These are the parameters I'm using - cgminer.exe --scrypt --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388949883, initially I used --scrypt-jane but that just threw HW errors.

I've tried with and without "-g 2 -I 13 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8193 --lookup-gap 2".

I've tried with and without my tuned .cl files.

On any one of the P2Pools I get accepts, but don't show up on the webpage. If I'm getting share accepts where on earth are they going?

On the traditional pool I show up, but just get rejects "share above target".

Thanks for helping.

What settings are others using for R9 280X?

I was getting share above target trying to go to a traditional pool. after seeing this I tried the p2pool bat line from the OP. works fine. though my hashrate is down 25-35% on what i normally get from scrypt mining
roede94105

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:54:28 AM

Hello guys, do you think the current price of 0.006 is fair? I can't find the total amount of coins to be expected.
r05

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

test cryptocoin please ignore

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:56:41 AM

LOL...Nice answer from dev...I would expect better one...but out of arguments leads to this...Thank you for this nice talk!
Why? Are you under some weird dissolution that the developer of this coin sets the fees for all of the pools - and not the pool owners? Hmm.. I wonder if Satoshi Nakamoto and all the other BitCoin founding developers set the pool fees for the dozens, if not hundreds, of pools that mine that coin..

I think kalgecin is absolutely right. If you don't like the fees on any given pool, move to another pool. It's the same in every cryptocurrency - do some shopping around, find the pool which suits you and stick with it.

Hello guys, do you think the current price of 0.006 is fair? I can't find the total amount of coins to be expected.
I think it's far below it's potential. The coin is still relatively young - we won't see it's true value until 3-4 months from now.

BTC: 18tS6E9FRnXuh4JitAJykm6YRtJRSkP6jq
XMR: 46BzjaUU1fyfFJ2b9vvg9RXUsw3XQtkaoc7cRkzYxMre69GtCaX6jg3Luc4B6ABHAaBmZNpJ4zzmAiX deGsCiXJJMniDbWE
DreadLord

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:07:46 PM

Why? Are you under some weird dissolution that the developer of this coin sets the fees for all of the pools - and not the pool owners? Hmm.. I wonder if Satoshi Nakamoto and all the other BitCoin founding developers set the pool fees for the dozens, if not hundreds, of pools that mine that coin..

I think kalgecin is absolutely right. If you don't like the fees on any given pool, move to another pool. It's the same in every cryptocurrency - do some shopping around, find the pool which suits you and stick with it.

I think it's far below it's potential. The coin is still relatively young - we won't see it's true value until 3-4 months from now.

If he's not the owner why did he reply?

And I just said that 3% was to much when he could close registrations earlier or even keep registrations closed...

I would move to another pool if payments were good there...but we don't have any pool finding blocks like this one!

roede94105

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:17:00 PM

[/quote]

Alrighty, thanks Smiley
mr.pj

Activity: 258

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:53:30 PM

1) Managing the pool is work and Singula has been doing great to support the Cachecoin community

2) He opened up a second pool, since despite the fact that he provided information what is needed for a pool and offering his help, noone started a second pool. I wanted to, but after having it setup and running for a couple of hours it already got attacked and I do not want to sit in front of the pc 24/7 to watch the log for a php-mpos pool to see if anything is compromised. Keep in mind that this coin needs 520 confirmations until it matures and can be payed out. That is when we reach normal target time 7 days - so for 7 days I am like a bank and need to ensure that nothing is compromised to be able to pay out the miner....So no thank you - thats why I provied a p2pnode which pays out instantly and there are no coins in my wallet on the server.

3) Singula is still offering anyone help to open up another pool - so if you dont want to mine on the first one - open your own one

4) the second pool only has 1.5% fee at the moment, and all fees will be at even again, once the hashrate is distributed

5) On Sunday evening he already closed reigstrations and asked people to more arround - noone cared

6) Yesterday when the registrations closed and people were asked to move arround, noone cared - instead hashrate increased on the pool as more workers where pointed at one pool

7) In this thread we have been overly announcing to distribute the hashrate - but barely anyone did

So if the people mining do not care about distributing the hashrate to secure a network - the developer(s) and all pool owner(s) are bound to take action to distribute the hashrate and stabilize the network. (Look around about the fears of 51% attacks on bitcoin, think about if one pool has 70% hashrate what it means if that pool fails etc....)

Last but not least - talking about why the hashrate is not lowered yet: Some people are not in front of their pc 24/7 to check this stuff, some people live in a different timezone than yours and might be actually sleeping while the hashrate drops..

So raising the fee was one of the last options to move people around! Or do you see any other path? Please enlighten us

E: forgot the last point
PS: sometimes I really feel that ignorance is bliss - but when people are that ignorant ...
Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Bounty Detective

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:07:30 PM

-- scrypt won't work with most miners, as someone said earlier you get share above target -> wrong kernel.

p2pool doesn't return that message, that's why you get accepted but the pool discards them internally as share above target, the cgminer in the first topic has to be used with --scrypt-jane or it won't work.

BOUNTY DETECTIVE

Powered by,
DreadLord

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:16:23 PM

1) Managing the pool is work and Singula has been doing great to support the Cachecoin community

2) He opened up a second pool, since despite the fact that he provided information what is needed for a pool and offering his help, noone started a second pool. I wanted to, but after having it setup and running for a couple of hours it already got attacked and I do not want to sit in front of the pc 24/7 to watch the log for a php-mpos pool to see if anything is compromised. Keep in mind that this coin needs 520 confirmations until it matures and can be payed out. That is when we reach normal target time 7 days - so for 7 days I am like a bank and need to ensure that nothing is compromised to be able to pay out the miner....So no thank you - thats why I provied a p2pnode which pays out instantly and there are no coins in my wallet on the server.

3) Singula is still offering anyone help to open up another pool - so if you dont want to mine on the first one - open your own one

4) the second pool only has 1.5% fee at the moment, and all fees will be at even again, once the hashrate is distributed

5) On Sunday evening he already closed reigstrations and asked people to more arround - noone cared

6) Yesterday when the registrations closed and people were asked to move arround, noone cared - instead hashrate increased on the pool as more workers where pointed at one pool

7) In this thread we have been overly announcing to distribute the hashrate - but barely anyone did

So if the people mining do not care about distributing the hashrate to secure a network - the developer(s) and all pool owner(s) are bound to take action to distribute the hashrate and stabilize the network. (Look around about the fears of 51% attacks on bitcoin, think about if one pool has 70% hashrate what it means if that pool fails etc....)

Last but not least - talking about why the hashrate is not lowered yet: Some people are not in front of their pc 24/7 to check this stuff, some people live in a different timezone than yours and might be actually sleeping while the hashrate drops..

So raising the fee was one of the last options to move people around! Or do you see any other path? Please enlighten us

E: forgot the last point
PS: sometimes I really feel that ignorance is bliss - but when people are that ignorant ...

As you can see here from screen shoot below, he opened and closed registrations in same day...

What I'm trying to say is that he could close registrations before hitting 51% net hash rate avoiding raising fees...but no...it's better to let have more than 51% and raise fees....that's what I can see here!

PS: I have always heard that attack it's the better defense...and seems that you are good at it! I'm not here to argue with you or with anyone, so I'm not gonna feed this talk anymore!
kalgecin (OP)

Activity: 819
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:40:21 PM

If he's not the owner why did he reply?

And I just said that 3% was to much when he could close registrations earlier or even keep registrations closed...

I would move to another pool if payments were good there...but we don't have any pool finding blocks like this one!

I replied because i knew the answer and because we discussed it in the irc. Your final reward per day does not depend on how many blocks the pool finds per day. Whether you mine on a pool that gets one block a day or 100, your reward per day would be the same

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Sukarti

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:42:58 PM

Any idea what size AWS server I should start with for a P2P node?

Any tips on hardening or securing the node?

Setting up a basic node and testing now to see if I can get it online.

Thanks for any tips
DreadLord

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:36:11 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 03:47:06 PM by DreadLord

I replied because i knew the answer and because we discussed it in the irc. Your final reward per day does not depend on how many blocks the pool finds per day. Whether you mine on a pool that gets one block a day or 100, your reward per day would be the same

I'm sorry if I was rude in some way...didn't mean that!

I just think you and pool owner could arrive a better solution than rising fees...like I posted earlier...just close registrations earlier...do not let people add more workers...and that would solve the problem instead of rising fees after the damaged done!

I tried already p2pool for your coin and my results were smaller...half of what I getting in http://cach.catcoin.cz....

Edited: But I'll give it another shoot! Thanks for replying me back  Smiley
mr.pj

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:08:29 PM

We already contacted Singula on Sunday to close registrations - keep in mind it was Sunday - people have a life outside the internet so shame on them when they dont have their phone open 24/7 to check on their pool.... As soon as he received message from us he closed registrations and tried his best to move people away. Since in the morning it was alright he reopened - that is almost 10 hours difference.

Yet even though there was a warning on the front page, people decided to register and use the pool - if they are not selfishly driven why do the developers, pool owners and what not need to be a Shepard to redirect the people? If someone would inform himself, there would be no need to always enforce "brutal" action...

About the payouts on p2pools - i've written it over here a lot of time in the pages:
P2Pool is based on PPLNS - which means per block you will earn shares and according to your shares from the last (currently 10) blocks you will be payed. So it will take some time to reach the normal payout. And it will take some time after stopping to mine to stop receiving payouts. You will see that when you stop mining you will still get paid for some rounds.

The pool from singula is based on prop: meaning for each share during the round you will receive a payment. Which is quite good for strong and big miners - since they find shares faster. But if the pool is lucky enough and you find the block in the time before your miners even submitted a share - you will not get paid anything for that round. If it would be PPLNS you would still paid according to the last shares, untill they are used up with payouts.
Decide for yourself what is better for you - but please compare apples with apples and not apples with bananas ...

vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:14:38 PM

Nice coin, we take it.
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 05:58:49 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 06:10:17 PM by Slipknot79

It takes some days to mature CACH when mining from a p2pool into a wallet.

Does it also take that much time to get CACH ready for trading at poloniex? (when i transfer CACH from wallet to the exchange)

Walrusbonzo

Activity: 682

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:01:10 PM

Thanks for your help all. I've tried just about everything now and I'm still getting HW errors when using --scrypt-jane.

But, I think I may know the issue and I'll take a look at fixing it after a run to vent my anger Cheesy

I've noticed that if I recompile the .bin for my normal scrypt coins that mining is much slower for them compared to the .bin which was compiled way back when.

I.E. I think since installing Catalyst 14.1 beta, it's naffed up the compilation of the scrypt and possible the scrypt-jane .cl files into .bins.
mr.pj

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:31:23 PM

It takes some days to mature CACH when mining from a p2pool into a wallet.

Does it also take that much time to get CACH ready for trading at poloniex? (when i transfer CACH from wallet to the exchange)

It takes the time wether or not you mine into your own wallet. With P2P they are already in your wallet (and your are responsible for taking care of the safety of your coins). When mining on a traditional pool, the coins have to stay in the wallet of the pool for 520 confirmas (~7 days) - so in 7 days a lot can happen ;-)

And the 520 confirms are, that people can not mine and just dumpe the coin - this is not interesting for any multipools, since in 7 days the value can fluctuate a lot. If you want to have instant CACHe - you got to buy them - but with mining you go to wait for them.

This also helps to keep the market more steady, since its hard for farms to mine and isntantly dump a lot - it takes them some time to acquiere enough coins
simonhard

Activity: 66

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:45:41 PM

We need a second (and third) exchange. Although I really like poloniex.

Jasin said sth a few days ago!? Any more news?
Walrusbonzo

Activity: 682

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:51:07 PM

Which exchanges have been approached?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: