Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:11:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CACH] CACHeCoin released based on scrypt-jane  (Read 224367 times)
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:10:39 PM

wow 21 btc buy wall just got eaten on poloniex

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
badcat

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:23:11 PM

Geez so much for my 0.0065 buy order, sigh

I will move over to the new pool once my rig has sorted its gremlins out with setting up scrypt jane
Walrusbonzo

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:32:15 PM

I can't for the life of me get mining to work.

I've downloaded the modified cgminer from https://sites.google.com/site/rmdavidson/

Used the suggested settings (cgminer.exe --scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388949883) and I just get constant HW errors.

Are there any other settings I should be using like -g 1 -I 13 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 --lookup-gap 2?

Every other type of coin I mine works fine MAX/Vert/Kitteh/PANDA etc.

I'm running on 2x R9 280X.

Cheers
Will
Walrusbonzo

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:47:21 PM

Ok, don't worry all. I've sussed it, but I'm not sure why this works. I changed --scrypt-jane to --scrypt and now I don't have HW errors and I am getting plenty of accepts.
r05

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

test cryptocoin please ignore

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:52:25 PM

Ok, don't worry all. I've sussed it, but I'm not sure why this works. I changed --scrypt-jane to --scrypt and now I don't have HW errors and I am getting plenty of accepts.

Some mining clients take -scrypt as working for CACHe - I've found this also, and have mined since launch quite happily Smiley

BTC: 18tS6E9FRnXuh4JitAJykm6YRtJRSkP6jq
XMR: 46BzjaUU1fyfFJ2b9vvg9RXUsw3XQtkaoc7cRkzYxMre69GtCaX6jg3Luc4B6ABHAaBmZNpJ4zzmAiX deGsCiXJJMniDbWE
Walrusbonzo

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:13:39 PM

Just to prove I'm not a complete noob like my last post suggested.

I've just copied my tweaked scrypt130111.cl file from my standard cgminer folder and made similar fine tunes to the scrypt-jane.cl file and boosted my hashrate from 546kh/s~ to 586kh/s on both of my R9 280x.

I'm going to test it over night to make sure I'm getting accepts and coins in my wallet and then I can provide the files to anyone else to try. The tweaks assume you only ever use a lookup gap of 2.
Walrusbonzo

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:25:26 PM

What's a good hashrate for a R9 280X currently? I'm now pushing 611kh/s on one of mine at 1150/1500.
kalgecin (OP)

Activity: 819

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:32:03 AM

For those who want to deploy a p2pool node without any hustle, I've made a  vagrant box package. It's based on arch linux and has cachecoin wallet and p2pool software installed and started on bootup. you'll have to edit Vagrant file if you want to point it to public space though

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

mr.pj

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:47:27 AM

Thanks kalgecin - please use the image to start you own node and distribute the hashrate Smiley

And if you just wanna join p2pool - heres a quick guide on p2pool https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=466045
kalgecin (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:53:14 AM

short guide on vagrant

Get vagrant from vagrantup.com then,

1. Download the box image
2. run vagrant init <path to box image>
3. edit Vagrantfile and uncomment the line with "config.vm.network :public_network"
4. run vagrant up

This will boot up the virtual box and launch the cachecoin wallet and p2pool node. You can access the virtual machine using the command vargant ssh. Then you can point your miners to the virtual machine and mine away :-D

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Walrusbonzo

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:27:11 AM

Now another problem, after 8 hours of mining I'm still not showing up on the P2Pool. But 99% accepts according to cgminer.

I've tried a traditional pool - http://pool.cachecoin.net/index.php, but I just get constant "Reject - share above target" there.

I've switched back to the standard .cl files and still the same problem.

Any ideas Huh
singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:06:32 AM

Now another problem, after 8 hours of mining I'm still not showing up on the P2Pool. But 99% accepts according to cgminer.

I've tried a traditional pool - http://pool.cachecoin.net/index.php, but I just get constant "Reject - share above target" there.

I've switched back to the standard .cl files and still the same problem.

Any ideas Huh

I suspect bad parameters for Nfmin/Nfmax/StartT ... which version of cgminer and what commandline parameters are you using?

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
Walrusbonzo

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:19:00 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 08:32:37 AM by Walrusbonzo

I'm using Robert Davidson's modified scrypt-jane cgminer - https://sites.google.com/site/rmdavidson/cgminer-3.7.2-sj-0.02.zip

These are the parameters I'm using - cgminer.exe --scrypt --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388949883, initially I used --scrypt-jane but that just threw HW errors.

I've tried with and without "-g 2 -I 13 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8193 --lookup-gap 2".

I've tried with and without my tuned .cl files.

On any one of the P2Pools I get accepts, but don't show up on the webpage. If I'm getting share accepts where on earth are they going?

On the traditional pool I show up, but just get rejects "share above target".

Thanks for helping.

What settings are others using for R9 280X?
DreadLord

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:57:11 AM

I've set up second traditional pool at http://pool.cachecoin.net

If somebody is reading this and still mining at cach.catcoin.cz consider switching either to the second pool or one of p2pool nodes. As an incentive to switch, the second pool has currently lower fees (half the percentage of first pool fees). Once enough people will switch either to second pool or to p2pool nodes, I'll lower the fee on the first pool, so both pools will have equal, or very close to equal fees (hoping to keep the pool hashrates balanced to be approximately equal on both pools and I hope that by setting the fee slightly above fees in p2pool nodes it will balance the hashrate a bit in favor of p2pool nodes).

Also, new registrations are now closed on first pool, so new users have to mine either at second pool or one of P2pool nodes (or mine solo, but unless they have really good mining rig, I wouldn't recommend that).

Also, someone from USA requested my help with setting up own CACH mining pool, so we may soon have third traditional (mpos) pool for CACH mining (hosted on another continent than first two, so perhaps it will end up as preferred pool for US users, further distributing the hashrate).

Nice incentive...I bet you didn't mind at all wile you are getting 3% fees from miners...nice move  Huh Huh Huh
kalgecin (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:11:24 AM

If somebody is reading this and still mining at cach.catcoin.cz consider switching either to the second pool or one of p2pool nodes. As an incentive to switch, the second pool has currently lower fees (half the percentage of first pool fees). Once enough people will switch either to second pool or to p2pool nodes, I'll lower the fee on the first pool, so both pools will have equal, or very close to equal fees (hoping to keep the pool hashrates balanced to be approximately equal on both pools and I hope that by setting the fee slightly above fees in p2pool nodes it will balance the hashrate a bit in favor of p2pool nodes).

Also, new registrations are now closed on first pool, so new users have to mine either at second pool or one of P2pool nodes (or mine solo, but unless they have really good mining rig, I wouldn't recommend that).

Also, someone from USA requested my help with setting up own CACH mining pool, so we may soon have third traditional (mpos) pool for CACH mining (hosted on another continent than first two, so perhaps it will end up as preferred pool for US users, further distributing the hashrate).

Nice incentive...I bet you didn't mind at all wile you are getting 3% fees from miners...nice move  Huh Huh Huh
The fees were meant to encourage people to move to other pools and distribute the hashrate across the network

DreadLord

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:18:31 AM

I'm using Robert Davidson's modified scrypt-jane cgminer - https://sites.google.com/site/rmdavidson/cgminer-3.7.2-sj-0.02.zip

These are the parameters I'm using - cgminer.exe --scrypt --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388949883, initially I used --scrypt-jane but that just threw HW errors.

I've tried with and without "-g 2 -I 13 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8193 --lookup-gap 2".

I've tried with and without my tuned .cl files.

On any one of the P2Pools I get accepts, but don't show up on the webpage. If I'm getting share accepts where on earth are they going?

On the traditional pool I show up, but just get rejects "share above target".

Thanks for helping.

What settings are others using for R9 280X?

Hello,

my batch file is this > cgminer.exe --scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388949883 -o http://q30.qhor.net:8336 -u <Wallet Address> -p x --shaders 2048 --thread-concurrency 11200 -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-memclock 1500 --lookup-gap 2 --shaders 2048 --gpu-fan 85

I'm getting 566 KH/s from my R9 280X, you can OC more if you have room for it...
DreadLord

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:19:32 AM

The fees were meant to encourage people to move to other pools and distribute the hashrate across the network

The fees are for the pool owner....that's all I know  Wink
kalgecin (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:30:46 AM

Yes, and running the pool also costs

DreadLord

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:36:04 AM

Yes I know that also...but 1% to 2% that's good...every pool have those fees but increasing from 1% to 3%....there's no sense in that  Angry

Besides now that pool is running at 36% of net hash rate as we speak...so why didn't he lower fees?
kalgecin (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:38:34 AM

Yes I know that also...but 1% to 2% that's good...every pool have those fees but increasing from 1% to 3%....there's no sense in that  Angry

Besides now that pool is running at 36% of net hash rate as we speak...so why didn't he lower fees?

If you don't like the fees, move to another pool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: