minor point on the popup.. it might be nice if the popup could be 'pinned'.. at the moment it only works as a mouse hover-over, so you can't copy/drag the QR code or get the path to the image.
I've made the QR Code popup in a modal instead, so it should now work on android and over devices with no mouseover.
The firstbits are an ideal (theoretically) unambiguous shortener... provided the address has been seen by the network. For public addresses not yet publicly seen by the network, perhaps Puik could add a temporary otherwise invalid code. The first 8 characters of an address are typically unambiguous (sans vanity codes), something like 1eDj5Efw000 (zero zero zero) might produce a collision list page?
Rather than a separate collision page I could make the to address field drop down with an auto complete list, a plugin like this http://www.devbridge.com/projects/autocomplete/jquery/
Not that I want to give anybody any ideas, but can't people easily remove the 1% fee from the output of a transaction, given the way the transaction is constructed and signed on the client side? Like use a greasemonkey script or something that does it automatically? Are you just hoping that people won't do that, or is actually not possible somehow?
Yes only one line of code needs to be commented out to remove transactions fees:
txValue = txValue.add(ourFee);
There are certain things I can do to make it more difficult to remove the fees but I'm hoping It won't be necessary. If you want to use this service because of the connivence it provides then I ask that you understand there are costs involved in the upkeep (bandwidth, development costs etc) which need to paid for. This service is front-end for your wallet only, if you feel the fees are too high, you are free to export your keys at anytime.
Also note a) there is no minimum miners fee b) You can group small transactions in one multi recipient transaction to reduce fees.
The site is not profitable at the moment, if at some point in the future it does become profitable I will look at reducing the fees.
cool site! bookmarked.
2 requests though for http://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
* on the map you show flags but not in the list. wouldn't it make sense the other way round? in the map the symbol could rather represent the order of magnitude of the transaction than the country which is clear by the location.
* please make the sound opt-in instead of opt-out. Took me 5 minutes to find the tab that was beeping.
Point taken about the flags, I like the bleep on as default though (If nothing else it reminds you to close the page and stop sucking bandwidth
- Offline Mode
- QR Code Scanner (Requires flash)
I need to write a tutorial of how to do this but basically you can now make an online/paper wallet hybrid.
- Login in offline mode (Must have private browsing enabled and disconnect your internet when prompted)
- Generate some new keys
- Print a paper wallet
- Log back in in normal mode, add the bitcoin addresses you just generated
- To make a transaction login in offline mode and when prompted scan the private key QR code off your paper wallet
This way your private keys never touch the internet (even in encrypted form) and even if the site went rouge the keys could not be stolen.