New question: "(Watch Only)" has appeared next to one of my addresses since I did the import. What does it mean? Is it different from "Private key unavailable"?
Yes I renamed it because people were getting confused. I need to add some inline tooltips.
I think you just have to take the stand that you're no more involved with that then you are with gun dealers buying and selling with Dollars. Or Rubles, or Yen, or Drachma... what else can you say?
It's not that they think i'm illegally involved, it's just the association. People (and me) tend to consider guns much worse than drugs. I'm sure people will find legitimate uses for bitcoin as it gets easier to use.Multi-Sig redemption is almost ready
Looking for people to test it.
1) To create a multisig transaction you need to have a My Wallet account (Unless any other clients support it?). Add ?multisig=true to your My Wallet login page. Currently the fee is 0.1 BTC because miners need a good fee and not a lot of pools have made m-of-n standard yet.
2) When the transaction gets one confirmations a "Redeem / Release" button will be displayed:
This button will also be displayed on the site address pages for people without a My Wallet account.
3) Pressing the button will take you to a page showing the status of the escrow transaction and the option to approve/deny a release request. Redemption is free.
For example a transaction I made earlier:https://blockchain.info/escrow/15102035/0
The private key to address 1EJs4UCxotGu8QYf5wUjCvmATzCpctUTmF is GowxpWoL6okFjRzT7t7GGbE6BSbeQ3pJUzD57oNV4xoY
- feel free to play with it.
4) You don't need a My Wallet account in order to release a transaction. Simply visit the escrow page and enter to private key to release. All private key signing is done client side, however it is still recommended you use single disposable addresses for escrow transactions.
Make a multi signature transaction and report back with any problems/feedback, then post your address here and I'll send you 2 BTC reward.