Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:32:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info - Bitcoin Block explorer & Currency Statistics  (Read 482336 times)
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 12:30:20 AM

I found 2 problems with the actual Android client:
- It shows a warning: it says that it is going to occupy some space. This is a warning of the usual "Bitcoin Wallet", but your version doesn't download the blockchain.
- I had a wallet with only 0.01 btc. I tried to sent them to another address. I said that it's better to add the 0.0005 fee, and "it ask me if I want to add the fee", but the answers are only "ok / cancel". I think that it should be better to have three answer, yes/no/cancel.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 11:16:05 PM

My "Local Currency" keeps resetting from Euro to U.S. Dollar no matter what i do. Every other day or so, when i login on web or use mobile app... it will be reset to U.S. Dollar... Grrrrr : )

Also... i guess there should only be "can swap" or "can change" and "you" should be "your" and "by clicking" in this sentence:
You can change swap between BTC and you local currency at any time by click the green button below a transaction.
R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 11:22:44 PM

iPhone client is working great! It seems a little unsecure though. Anyone who picks up your iPhone has access to your entire balance.
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 11:26:29 PM

Anyone who picks up your iPhone has access to your entire balance.
Use second password. (Account Details / Security on a web page)
R-

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 11:33:31 PM

Anyone who picks up your iPhone has access to your entire balance.
Use second password. (Account Details / Security on a web page)

<3 thanks.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 12:32:01 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2012, 12:47:25 AM by hazek

Here two new graphs for now:

Estimated Blockchain size (Not including database indexes)

Thank you very much!

EDIT: Btw I have a question. Since you don't charge any fees for your My wallet service I was wondering how are you able to monetize your site in order to pay for it's costs? Are you planing to introduce fees later on? Maybe some other type of a payment plan?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
R-

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 07:22:02 AM

EDIT: Btw I have a question. Since you don't charge any fees for your My wallet service I was wondering how are you able to monetize your site in order to pay for it's costs? Are you planing to introduce fees later on? Maybe some other type of a payment plan?

Ben plans on running off with everyone's money. Not to worry, just the cost of doing business.
piuk (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 10:01:25 AM

so now i've also tried (with no luck):

it's confirmations= (but only works with /q not with /multiaddr). Multiaddr is always 0 confirmations.

piuk (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 10:08:31 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2012, 10:19:28 AM by piuk

Sponsorship from cryptoxchange (Please support them) pays for hosting and SMS Desposits provides a little extra for my time. Transactions will always be free - I don't think they are a profitable business model a) there just isn't enough bitcoin transactions at the moment b) you have to compete with free clients.

Ben plans on running off with everyone's money. Not to worry, just the cost of doing business.

yes and this.

Pontius

Activity: 225

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 12:26:54 PM

On my android the camera is broken; is there any way to pair the device with my wallet without scanning the QR code?
Traktion

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:13:01 PM

I found 2 problems with the actual Android client:
- It shows a warning: it says that it is going to occupy some space. This is a warning of the usual "Bitcoin Wallet", but your version doesn't download the blockchain.
- I had a wallet with only 0.01 btc. I tried to sent them to another address. I said that it's better to add the 0.0005 fee, and "it ask me if I want to add the fee", but the answers are only "ok / cancel". I think that it should be better to have three answer, yes/no/cancel.

I'd like to try it on my HTC Desire, but I get an error on start up:

'Sorry!

The application Blockchain (process piuk.blockchain) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again'

Any ideas?
realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 08:22:28 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2012, 11:09:12 AM by realnowhereman

BUG REPORT:

Balance shown in BlockChain.info Android app is different from that shown on web wallet, by 0.00813745.

This difference isn't significant in any way that I can see -- I thought maybe some particular transactions were missing, but if they are it is a strange combination that isn't obvious by inspection.

I'm sorry I can't be more detailed, there doesn't seem to be a way to show per-address balances in the mobile wallet, so I can't narrow it down to which one is totaling incorrectly.  The web version totals correctly, or at least self-consistently.

All the incoming addresses in both web and mobile match, so it's not that some aren't being seen.  The balance is only 0.09 ish, so it's not like it's a serious discrepency -- of course if it's a data dependent bug then it could be huge in different circumstances.

Many of my transactions have no timestamp in the web wallet, and show 1970/01/01 in the mobile wallet.  I don't know if this is relevant.  I also don't know if it is the web or mobile balance that is "correct".

UPDATE:

HA!  Think I've got it.

Only 50 transactions are shown in the mobile version; and only those 50 are being used to calculate the balance.  My wallet has many tiny transactions and hence has more than 50.  The web version is including more than 50 and hence calculating the correct balance.

It's entirely coincidence that my disparity was 0.00813745; that simply happens to be the sum of the transactions not in the 50 shown in the mobile version.

UPDATE:

Bug withdrawn, see below...

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
piuk (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 09:40:39 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2012, 09:51:32 PM by piuk

On my android the camera is broken; is there any way to pair the device with my wallet without scanning the QR code?

Not at the moment sorry.

The app need android 2.3 or higher (currently set on google play to 2.2 which is wrong).

Balance shown in BlockChain.info Android app is different from that shown on web wallet, by 0.00813745.

Yes this is a known bug. The balance on the iPhone/Android shows Active and archived addresses. The balance on the web wallet shows only active addresses. Edit: Sorry read the whole post, seems like a different issue - I've noted it down.

Off to the States on the 26th, will probably not have time to fix any of these bugs until I get back on the 1st.

Traktion

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 11:29:12 PM

The app need android 2.3 or higher (currently set on google play to 2.2 which is wrong).

Ah, thanks - that explains it!

I suppose this would be a good excuse to install Cyanogenmod or upgrade to a Galaxy Nexus! Smiley

Will 2.2 ever be supported or is it not capable enough?
realnowhereman

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 11:11:11 AM

Yes this is a known bug. The balance on the iPhone/Android shows Active and archived addresses. The balance on the web wallet shows only active addresses. Edit: Sorry read the whole post, seems like a different issue - I've noted it down.

No; you are quite right.  It is exactly this "bug".  I found one of my archived addresses had a balance on it.

Bug report withdrawn.  I suppose it's nicer if the two match up; but I have no problem personally with only archiving zero balance addresses (that was my intention anyway, I just did it wrong).

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 12:47:00 PM

I had a bit of a disastrous attempt to demo the blockchain.info wallet to someone on the iPhone today.
Firstly - when creating a new account, it kept saying that I had already recently created one from this IP address.
I think I initially entered a password too short, and might have got a captcha wrong - but the result is.. a minor mistake like that and you're pretty much locked out for a while from that device.  
I ended up using a second device to set up the wallet from within a browser..and then paired it..  but this sort of defeats the purpose of having a 'new account' button.   Something about the process just isn't quite right. It seems to generate a wallet in the background even if the app thinks it failed.

Once I finally had an account - I then wanted to send some bitcoin from my blockchain wallet on an Android device to the blockchain iPhone wallet.
Upon scanning the QR code that the iPhone displayed - the android device declared that it was an 'invalid URI'.  Bit of a showstopper that.

Anyway.. I'm very pleased to see a full wallet on the iPhone, but there are some bugs to iron out it seems.

Also - the initial display of 'No Data' gives the impression of some sort of error. I'm assuming this is what displays initially simply because there are no transactions.. but it's not a very user-friendly screen. It gave the person I was demoing to, the feeling that something was broken.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
kseistrup

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 04:06:29 PM

Just upgraded to the newest version from Google Play.  It seems I now has to “share” a payment in order to see my bitcoin address.  I suupose that's alright, even though I liked the previous mode better.  But how do I create a new address for payment so that I can have a new address for each payment I receive?

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
realnowhereman

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 06:48:33 PM

Just got the upgraded blockchain android app.

Some comments (in case you care):

• Progress is really good. Better with each release.  It's rivaling BitcoinSpinner for simplicity now.
  • The simplifications are excellent.  The multiple ways of doing things have been removed; and hence it's far easier to understand.
  • I like that clicking the balance takes you straight to the currency chooser
  • I like the additional height given to the transactions view on the main screen
  • If you start with low disk space, it complains about it; warning that "Bitcoin Wallet" needs space to store blocks and transactions.   Obviously this isn't bitcoin wallet; but is this message even true?  Isn't this just interfacing to the web site?  In which case downloading anything other than the encrypted copy of the wallet is wasting my disk space.  I understand if there is a bit of a cache; but I doubt that disk space will ever be an important issue for the blockchain app
  • On the request bitcoins page; there is a QR code shown.  Which QR code is it though?  i.e. Which address -- or more importantly which label?  Clicking on it simply shows exactly the same QR code at exactly the same height.  What's the point, I already had the code on screen?  Why not show some more useful information in that popup?
  • On the send bitcoins page; suggest a slight reorg.  Leave the balance where it was on the main page, i.e. at the top (in fact I'd even suggest just replacing the transaction list with the send dialog).  Add a "lookup" button in the "pay to" box, that goes to the address book.  Without this I have to remember that when I want to send coins to someone I know, I shouldn't press 'send bitcoins'.
  • A second reorg suggestion:  any field that wants a bitcoin address should have a button to go to "fetch address" mode.  That would have a "qr" and "address book" button.  At present the QR button is not visually associated with the address field.
  • In the currency calculator; how about making the non-BTC currency clickable to temporarily use another currency?  Bitcoin is so international that I can well imagine paying for something in USD one day, and GBP the next.  It's an inconvenience to have to go back to the main screen to change default currency; and I don't even want to change the default currency, I just want the calculator to switch currency temporarily for this transaction.

Just suggestions, in case they are useful to you; obviously none of them are serious problems.

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 02:03:58 AM

• On the request bitcoins page; there is a QR code shown.  Which QR code is it though?  i.e. Which address -- or more importantly which label?  Clicking on it simply shows exactly the same QR code at exactly the same height.  What's the point, I already had the code on screen?  Why not show some more useful information in that popup?
I agree. I really want to know the address: sometimes the device I'm paying from doesn't have a QR code reader. Also - the ability to flip to other addresses should be launchable from this screen. As it stands I have to go back, then hit the context button to get to the address book.

• On the send bitcoins page; suggest a slight reorg.  Leave the balance where it was on the main page, i.e. at the top (in fact I'd even suggest just replacing the transaction list with the send dialog).  Add a "lookup" button in the "pay to" box, that goes to the address book.  Without this I have to remember that when I want to send coins to someone I know, I shouldn't press 'send bitcoins'.
Yeah.. some easy way to get to existing addresses here is a must for usability I think.

• A second reorg suggestion:  any field that wants a bitcoin address should have a button to go to "fetch address" mode.  That would have a "qr" and "address book" button.  At present the QR button is not visually associated with the address field.
This is a 'nice to have' for usability... but for me the other items on this list will have bigger impact.

• In the currency calculator; how about making the non-BTC currency clickable to temporarily use another currency?  Bitcoin is so international that I can well imagine paying for something in USD one day, and GBP the next.  It's an inconvenience to have to go back to the main screen to change default currency; and I don't even want to change the default currency, I just want the calculator to switch currency temporarily for this transaction.

This has already bugged me a bit. I like to keep the default at USD because I tend to think in terms of mtgox USD to work out how bitcoins are doing - but I'm mostly going to be using AUD for a transaction calculation.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 11:04:50 PM

Homepage crashes:

Code:
HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.el.ELException: Error reading 'totalBTCSent' on type piuk.db.BitcoinCache$CacheableBlock
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:549)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:470)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:390)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:334)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
piuk.website.HomeServlet.doGet(HomeServlet.java:24)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)

root cause

javax.el.ELException: Error reading 'totalBTCSent' on type piuk.db.BitcoinCache$CacheableBlock
javax.el.BeanELResolver.getValue(BeanELResolver.java:98)
javax.el.CompositeELResolver.getValue(CompositeELResolver.java:67)
org.apache.el.parser.AstValue.getValue(AstValue.java:169)
org.apache.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:189)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl$13.run(PageContextImpl.java:970)
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.proprietaryEvaluate(PageContextImpl.java:962)
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.bitcoin_002dhome_jsp._jspx_meth_f_005fformat_005f2(bitcoin_002dhome_jsp.java:404)
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.bitcoin_002dhome_jsp._jspx_meth_c_005fforEach_005f0(bitcoin_002dhome_jsp.java:337)
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.bitcoin_002dhome_jsp._jspService(bitcoin_002dhome_jsp.java:144)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:432)

root cause

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(ArrayList.java:797)
piuk.beans.BitcoinBlock.getTotalBTCSent(Unknown Source)
piuk.db.BitcoinCache$CacheableBlock.getTotalBTCSent(BitcoinCache.java:144)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor56.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
javax.el.BeanELResolver.getValue(BeanELResolver.java:87)
javax.el.CompositeELResolver.getValue(CompositeELResolver.java:67)
org.apache.el.parser.AstValue.getValue(AstValue.java:169)
org.apache.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:189)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl$13.run(PageContextImpl.java:970)
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.proprietaryEvaluate(PageContextImpl.java:962)
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.bitcoin_002dhome_jsp._jspx_meth_f_005fformat_005f2(bitcoin_002dhome_jsp.java:404)
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.bitcoin_002dhome_jsp._jspx_meth_c_005fforEach_005f0(bitcoin_002dhome_jsp.java:337)
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.bitcoin_002dhome_jsp._jspService(bitcoin_002dhome_jsp.java:144)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:432)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.26 logs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: