Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:43:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052985 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:23:41 PM

Consistent and focused dev involvement increases confidence in the coin more than anything else. When a dev doesn't reply or post on the main thread, it just feels as if spectators are dancing to their own tune instead of being heard by the one in charge.

I recommend consistent schedule of dev(s) posting and announcements every 2 days for progress/Q & A, etc. Buyer confidence is necessary for any coin to thrive. Indeed, it is necessary for any investment project to succeed.

I like the idea of positive American values and the concentrated, empowered approach dev is taking in this coin. Forget the nay-sayers. If you give ear to every bitching and moaning based on nothing but pathetic personal urges to get mouthy, you will never get anything done. There are more than enough positives - those who are unwilling to see the majority of reality they do not like to acknowledge will be feeding off the crumbs that fall off the table. That is, if they are even willing to acknowledge it.

I recommend a revamp of logo to be less alt-coin like, and more dedicated. This is to make it stand out and show professionalism. Perhaps think of making it somewhat closer to the Great Seal of The United States of America, without being a copy of it. No need for red white and blue, but some thing closer to the Bald Eagle instead of this somewhat tsarish looking eagle with plucked feathers for wings.

That was my first impression - the eagle looked closer to non-American versions, and identical symbols on its talons and somewhat barren wings (Bald Eagle wings are much more full in their portrayal, as they actually are) reminded me of something else entirely.

A food for thought. No need of over politicize anything, but what is true must be upheld regardless of anyone's 'sensitivities'. You stand to gain nothing if you change at the slightest obstacle.

Seriously? I am an American and yet I feel offended by this! Don't you realize there is a world of buyers outside your country? As for the logo, so awesome as it is. Simple, clean, strong, effective. Wouldnt change a thing! great job on that.

Too bad. No group or country on earth has any need for people that need to feel 'offended' just to jump on a bandwagon. What the fuck is your problem that you have a problem with something that compared to others have achieved more and succeeded better - to the point where majority of its allies prospered extravagantly even after being defeated in wars, with their trade and economies benefiting from American dollars, and its system of governance a vast improvement from past regimes that are now such memories?

Oh wait, now that their bellies are full and comfortable they feel the liberty to bitch and moan at someone who gives a shit instead of standing up to real oppressors who they fear too much to even make a squeak.

Please, take your spineless attitude elsewhere. No one needs such people who are 'offended' as to bend over for anything.

Appeasing bitch made punk.
NodeSeperator

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:28:03 PM

Valid Error has increased there fees to 3%!!! Shocked
Why anyone would mine there is beyond me!   Huh

Thats a +2% fee for being over 51% hashingpower of the network.

BTC: 12aXywzKHYxjJz2otZqfuYZVR4HfzZ3Hiz | LTC: LUKKyXML63AqyZPYjHxYAYFRSuqnB8D46o | NOBLE: 9eBcr5KDVhPLHtEitKxSxTmtLRGFsGoVEN | Digibyte: DBAp4ekcg43Hu6Pyn1AxDvxLETxhtf8u6s
tyson187

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:33:47 PM

They are not over 51% , currently they have about 48MHs while the noble.idcray.com pool has over 70MHs
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 12:34:03 PM

while this needs to be fixed immediately, it's been going on for days.. Practically since the coin launch, and devs need to step in and force or entice someone's hand. Valid error needs to go into maintenance mode for a half hour or so to force a small percentage of users off. Otherwise this coin will have a quick death. My RPC pool had nearly 70% mining at one point and I did this to keep the coin healthy.

We've had pools increase fees, removed them from the front page, pause registrations etc. and while we can entice people to move to newer pools we cannot unfortunately force them. Naturally, forks this early are what keep me having an extra window with all six pool dashboards running. A key problem is as big miners (40-60MHs) jump on or off (especially during the Coinye train, as we've fluctuated between 100 and 300MHs) and suddenly skewing one particular pool. We are hoping with the continued increase in Noble's interest and a 'cool-down' of the latest meme-coin over the coming days people will naturally move to something fresh.

While I've done plenty of research and reading to ensure that we can recover from a hard-fork (we won't simply walk away), my real-life experience with them is nil. As far as I am aware (and the current plan is) should a nasty 51% occur and it hurts us to that degree we would update the client and block (checkpoints,etc.) revert to one of our block back-ups, and re-release an updated client and block-chain in a couple of days. I don't know if I'm off-base here, but I believe that is the best way to recover from a 51% attack or nasty fork?

Someone with experience or proper technical knowledge here would be greatly appreciated so we can have a recovery plan rather than just die a quick death.

If this continues to be an issue over the coming day I will be as forcefully (reluctantly) pro-active as I can be with the pool owners as we are all hanging out in the IRC channel.

Let me know. Cheers.

a3tje

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:35:09 PM

Consistent and focused dev involvement increases confidence in the coin more than anything else. When a dev doesn't reply or post on the main thread, it just feels as if spectators are dancing to their own tune instead of being heard by the one in charge.

I recommend consistent schedule of dev(s) posting and announcements every 2 days for progress/Q & A, etc. Buyer confidence is necessary for any coin to thrive. Indeed, it is necessary for any investment project to succeed.

I like the idea of positive American values and the concentrated, empowered approach dev is taking in this coin. Forget the nay-sayers. If you give ear to every bitching and moaning based on nothing but pathetic personal urges to get mouthy, you will never get anything done. There are more than enough positives - those who are unwilling to see the majority of reality they do not like to acknowledge will be feeding off the crumbs that fall off the table. That is, if they are even willing to acknowledge it.

I recommend a revamp of logo to be less alt-coin like, and more dedicated. This is to make it stand out and show professionalism. Perhaps think of making it somewhat closer to the Great Seal of The United States of America, without being a copy of it. No need for red white and blue, but some thing closer to the Bald Eagle instead of this somewhat tsarish looking eagle with plucked feathers for wings.

That was my first impression - the eagle looked closer to non-American versions, and identical symbols on its talons and somewhat barren wings (Bald Eagle wings are much more full in their portrayal, as they actually are) reminded me of something else entirely.

A food for thought. No need of over politicize anything, but what is true must be upheld regardless of anyone's 'sensitivities'. You stand to gain nothing if you change at the slightest obstacle.

In my opinion the coinlogo looks good however I believe there should be a seperate logo (not looking like a coin) for the community / website. The current frontpage looks full and complex, instead of clean and simple. This is also caused by the "Latest Posts" logo that is fairly large and does not give a visual representation of the post itself.

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
Exciter666

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:58:17 PM

They are not over 51% , currently they have about 48MHs while the noble.idcray.com pool has over 70MHs

Valid-Error 43% atm and still 3% fee...  Shocked
ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:05:30 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 02:42:22 PM by ctenc001

A big thank you to the community! I have made over twice as much in donations than in fees!
I truly appreciate the support!

A North American pool is live!
Come check it out!
NobleCoin.CryptoTycoons.com

only 1% fee!!!  -free for everyone before 12PM EST today
Never down
Setup through 3rd party to guarantee rights and safety of miners! -LiveChains.net
FAST!!

Every member who is actively mining on this pool when I check at 6AM EST 1/9/14 will have 0% fee for life!

I'll extend this offer until 12PM EST 1/9/14! Thats 6 more hours to get free mining for life!!! I will have to cap this off at 40 MH/s to prevent going over 51%!!! Hurry up and join!
[/quote]

We're Already up to 25MH/s!!!
Keep it going!
I have made all current active members free early, all others will be made on my next break at work =)
THanks for the great support!

Found 4 block within 15 minutes!! That's going to make for some pretty big payouts for so few users on this pool!
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:10:52 PM

In my opinion the coinlogo looks good however I believe there should be a seperate logo (not looking like a coin) for the community / website. The current frontpage looks full and complex, instead of clean and simple. This is also caused by the "Latest Posts" logo that is fairly large and does not give a visual representation of the post itself.

I agree with you a3, a separate logo distinguishable from a coin is going to be a to-do, we'll also be replacing the placeholder coin that's currently being used for all the posts. Cheers.

Exciter666

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:15:40 PM

Mining now @ CryptoTycoons.
0% fee is better than 3  Grin
ddirt

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:16:53 PM

Too bad. No group or country on earth has any need for people that need to feel 'offended' just to jump on a bandwagon. What the fuck is your problem that you have a problem with something that compared to others have achieved more and succeeded better - to the point where majority of its allies prospered extravagantly even after being defeated in wars, with their trade and economies benefiting from American dollars, and its system of governance a vast improvement from past regimes that are now such memories?

Oh wait, now that their bellies are full and comfortable they feel the liberty to bitch and moan at someone who gives a shit instead of standing up to real oppressors who they fear too much to even make a squeak.

Please, take your spineless attitude elsewhere. No one needs such people who are 'offended' as to bend over for anything.

Appeasing bitch made punk.

This is not about politics or nationalism. My thought was very simply, that crypto is not country specific. It is a GLOBAL commodity/currency/store of value. If I want to support the US I will keep my US Dollars instead of buying Crypto.

Take a deep breath, get some oxygen to your brain, and think about it.
ddirt

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:36:16 PM

I agree with you a3, a separate logo distinguishable from a coin is going to be a to-do, we'll also be replacing the placeholder coin that's currently being used for all the posts. Cheers.

I never understood why so many alts need to have separate logos on/off coin. This tends to dilutes the brand. Why not maintain one good quality logo that becomes easily recognizable everywhere you see it. Does mastercard/visa/paypal/etc have different logos for different purposes? My 0.02
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:38:43 PM

True, we think it is only to be used if the coin shape/colour is not feasible for whatever reason. Our initial thoughts anyway.

ctenc001

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:44:13 PM

I feel this coin needs a faucet. It was premined enough to keep it going for awhile with relatively large payouts and it is a great way to attract newcomers to cryptocurrency. They see free coins and immediately download the wallet. once they have the wallet they are just 1 step away from mining this coin. If there is a faucet already, i apologize for missing it, and think it needs to be heavily promoted.

I'd also get a new thread going for just handouts. I know in the original post the dev said he didn't want to bloat the forums and keep everything in this one thread, but only current miners see this forum really. A new thread would appeal to people who are not currently mining it.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:48:04 PM

I feel this coin needs a faucet. It was premined enough to keep it going for awhile with relatively large payouts and it is a great way to attract newcomers to cryptocurrency. They see free coins and immediately download the wallet. once they have the wallet they are just 1 step away from mining this coin. If there is a faucet already, i apologize for missing it, and think it needs to be heavily promoted.

I'd also get a new thread going for just handouts. I know in the original post the dev said he didn't want to bloat the forums and keep everything in this one thread, but only current miners see this forum really. A new thread would appeal to people who are not currently mining it.

We have a bounty for a faucet, I'm also looking at an open-source solution and contacting the sites that host a bunch to see if we can get there with them. Hopefully that will be covered shortly Smiley And yes we will be seeding it constantly.

Rubberduckie also made me a bit of a liar (he convinced me early of the value of giveaways in order to get out there) as while we have been rewarding newcomers here and the more constructive/valuable posts and ideas here he has also been making and promoting a steady stream of give-aways for us in the other forums. He always alerts this page first though when they are incoming.

Hope this has those bases covered. Let me know if you've got any more ideas.

pool-mining

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 02:20:02 PM

After a 2.5 hour wait to get a block, we just found 4 in 15 minutes - and we're only running about 3.5 MH/s.

Obviously, I'd like to thank the miners who stayed during the drought, and invite everyone else who'd like to come join in receiving coin from the pool Wink.

I have to say, the amount of feedback from the coin devs is really encouraging - hopefully this coin will reach it's full potential and I can try an learn how to make some dice games for it.
HuuHachu

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:21:04 PM

Something bugs me in the technical parameters of this coin ...

14,700,000,000 coins are to be mined at the average rate of 5000 coins per minute ...
It will take a little more than 5.5 years, and after that only the transaction fees will reward the miners for their work on keeping the network alive.

Bitcoin and most alts progressively reduce the block subsidy to make this transition smoother ...

Don't get me wrong, I think an extremely fast reduction as seen in many coins these days only tags them as instamine & dump schemes (hello quark !^^)...

But in the long term (should 5 years really be considered long ? ^^), abruptly stopping block subsidy seems dangerous if the coin is here to stay ...
What motivated this choice of not progressively reducing subsidy ?

Also, maybe some hard checkpoints in the code would help with the fear a large damages in case of 51% attack ...
A Proof of Stake could help also, albeit this may be tricky to correctly implement (see for example the problems yacoin is currently experiencing)

noble: 9mKQpsfLeabjFsPv3YR9zYoAVymDPyfjCp
T7UNDER

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:31:45 PM

Pool http://noble.cryptominer.net/ is still up and it seems to me a nice pool...no one wants to join me there and balance the net hash rate a bit more?
NodeSeperator

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:41:09 PM

I'm sorry for my ignorance.. The reason it told me was because it was over 51.. (I stopped mining because I don't like helping a 51% attack )

3% fee is to much, just flee to another until they decrease it again.

BTC: 12aXywzKHYxjJz2otZqfuYZVR4HfzZ3Hiz | LTC: LUKKyXML63AqyZPYjHxYAYFRSuqnB8D46o | NOBLE: 9eBcr5KDVhPLHtEitKxSxTmtLRGFsGoVEN | Digibyte: DBAp4ekcg43Hu6Pyn1AxDvxLETxhtf8u6s
HuuHachu

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:42:34 PM

Pool http://noble.cryptominer.net/ is still up and it seems to me a nice pool...no one wants to join me there and balance the net hash rate a bit more?

Was here before, coming back ^^

noble: 9mKQpsfLeabjFsPv3YR9zYoAVymDPyfjCp
ctenc001

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 02:44:48 PM

I'm sorry for my ignorance.. The reason it told me was because it was over 51.. (I stopped mining because I don't like helping a 51% attack )

3% fee is to much, just flee to another until they decrease it again.
\
hop onto http://noblecoin.cryptotycoons.com/ soon and get 0% for life!

I'm pushing so hard to get users to prevent a 51% attack, we have to break up that giant pool =0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: