Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:33:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052985 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MoNxO

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:23:35 PM

Great initiative. I will give more power to this coin.

9cJiSvN34YH2UMPNRd45ugoPL3DvFCAtQB

Thanks!

Let's Color the MOON: YMnKCParE88kWBDqWieWhbra1w56F9SyaZ
primera

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:31:24 PM

We need more marketing.  Grin
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 10:40:36 PM

A North American pool is live!
Come check it out!
NobleCoin.CryptoTycoons.com

only 1% fee!!!  
Never down
FAST!!

*0% fee special is over due to net hash dropping.

Free escrow service to all active miners!

Been mining at this pool for a day now and even tho it has more than 50% of the hashrate of the largest pool, the blocks are being found super slow.
When I compare the number of shares needed to find a block in the past 24h to the number of shares of the largest pool (valid error), then I can only conclude something must be wrong here. Having a block found with less than 100% is a true rarity on this pool, while seeing 200+% is something normal.
Not sure what's wrong, but I feel like im wasting my time on this pool >.<
Other than that I do feel Noblecoin has potential, so I hope the dev manages to develop it well!

I'll look into this and make sure it is nothing on my end. Far as I know everything is running smooth

Looked over everything, looks to me like we just had a slow hour.
its mined 111 blocks in the last 24 hours,valid error has mined 668, but 24 hours ago I was still at ~4 MH/s and noble-valid was well over 50%.
cdg1941

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:52:44 PM

exactly bitcoin and litecoin were able to get established before all of the big rigs were put into action. as long as we can grow the coin without the "big boys" entering into the pools, and getting a situation where maybe 5 to 10% of the miners control 65 to 70 % of all the coins, we can disseminate the currency more evenly and actually create a viable currency instead of what amounts to a penny stock.

for myself i'm only mining at an average of about 220 khs. and i know that many others are in the same boat as i am. we need growth but at a measured rate, and getting onto an exchange before a marketplace in established ( like doge, moon, cat, etc) will nearly guarantee that all this coin can become is a blip in the cryptocurrency stock market.

we are establishing a good community and the dev are doing an amazing job at getting the bugs worked out, it takes time to work out all the possible issues, like the difficulty changeover. if we had a launch like what mooncoin did with some of these issues. this coin would already be dead.

so be thankful that the plebes are focusing on coinye and other fad coins, it give us time to work on the network and get an actual market established. so that when, not if, WHEN this goes mainstream, everything is working fine and can become a true currency.

personally i would love to see NOBLE become a viable alternative to bitcoin. in my opinion bitcoin has a limited lifespan, the sha256 algo is overrated, and not as secure as scrypt. and in an open market scrypt has the advantage. it's only a matter of time.

as far a giveaways go... it helps to "spread the wealth" but it doesn't help to truly grow the coin. and as far as i can see increasing the difficulty only helps those that are already established in the crypto community, and does very little to actually promote or move a currency forward.

i'm not an expert or someone that has been doing this for a long time. these are just some things that i have observed since getting involved with NOBL, and doing some reaserch into other coins. mostly as a comparison, and so far this is far more thought out, and has TRUE potential.

as far as the pool situation... is there a way to change the difficulty on each pool, like how the difficulty can change for each miner? if it is possible to do that, that might help to prevent a 51% situation. just an idea, not even sure that such a thing could be done. but i have read over some posts and ( at least to me) seems that the technical knowhow does exist within this community ( if it is possible that is).

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
T7UNDER

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:00:59 PM

Guys remember that http://noble.cryptominer.net is still with 0% Fee
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 11:12:29 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 11:25:10 PM by Rofo

Just to follow-up with the giveaway I did mean to say it was per post per unique user (specifically as in we didn't want to cap @ 20 people and have people miss out; we wanted everyone who saw it, grabbed the wallet, checked us out/hopefully jumped on-board to feel like they were lucky to get a giveaway). It will also be for accounts only with activity/posts of 10+ and they had to be created before today. The amount was chosen to not degrade early-bird rewards and the current miners - and we feel 2000 per unique user was a fairly balanced amount?

edit: The kind peeps over at http://www.thebitcoinmaster.com/ have let us know (and I don't think they'd mind us sharing) that they should have a faucet up and running for us within 24 hours.

Leather

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:59:14 PM

anyone win the noblehorse ? i'm so unlucky
cdg1941

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:00:02 AM

i was just wondering.... it would seem to me that we need alot more people to adopt, not a few more with huge hashrates. does anyone have any idea how to do one without the other?

i understand that it may be unavoidable, but it would stand to reason that it might be benificial to get more newbies involved. personally i haven't the foggiest idea as to how to do that.

anyone with any ideas as to how we may do something to bring more people into the fold that haven't gotten involved in the crypto " goldrush"?

MoNxO

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:09:02 AM

i was just wondering.... it would seem to me that we need alot more people to adopt, not a few more with huge hashrates. does anyone have any idea how to do one without the other?

i understand that it may be unavoidable, but it would stand to reason that it might be benificial to get more newbies involved. personally i haven't the foggiest idea as to how to do that.

anyone with any ideas as to how we may do something to bring more people into the fold that haven't gotten involved in the crypto " goldrush"?

Giveways + more posts on this thread could be the key. If we hit 100 pages or more, people will mine it.

Let's Color the MOON: YMnKCParE88kWBDqWieWhbra1w56F9SyaZ
cdg1941

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:17:09 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 12:29:47 AM by cdg1941

just hopefully not 100 pages of

"TO DA MOOON!!"

i have seen page after page of that, i think i lost some braincells in the process.

i understand the enthusiasm, but why only set your sights on the moon. we've already been there. besides with this coin i think we could set out sights a bit higher.

int3ractivodular

Activity: 280

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:34:54 AM

Also guys, let's try and get NOBLE put on http://newchg.com/

It's designed to easily connect buyers/sellers through your bitcointalk.org accounts and you can place bids/asks and have people contact you. Very nice little site to trade newly released coins.

Post here to request it to be added: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400513.0

Gotta get trade volume and market interest to increase so we can get more people on the NOBLE train.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 12:36:30 AM

Just a heads up we now have the addresses @ http://www.noblecoin.info/public-ledger/. For those wanting to do the research and keep a watch for any dodgy movement can use the block explorer (http://www.noblecoin.info/block-explorer/). There will always be criticism and ultimately a lot of power in the pre-miners hands. We will continue to make a point of taking transparency further than what miners and holders are used to. Hopefully we can reasonably address them as they come up and continue building trust as this coin progresses. Cheers.

int3ractivodular

Activity: 280

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:39:18 AM

Just a heads up we know have the addresses @ http://www.noblecoin.info/public-ledger/.

snip

Awesome, keep up the great work! I'm not super experienced in setting up services and whatnot, but if you guys need anyone to do some random tasks to help promote the coin etc, I am more than willing to help in any manner that I can. NOBLE is the first coin released in the last while that I am actually excited about.

Here's to a NOBLE future!  Wink
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 01:04:43 AM

Just getting out there and discussing the coin, while keeping an eye out for anyone interested in accepting it, is what we are really asking for at the moment. Smiley Until we get the NOBLE Ambassadors started where we can begin officially recognising and providing long-term rewards for people getting on-board (this coming week). Thanks for the offer (as well as everyone else who is being very helpful and selfless in getting this ball rolling).

ZBBBB

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:07:08 AM

Ive been involved in several alts, and I have to say this has seemed to be the most legit, up front, and transparent one I have ever seen. Posting their ledger, posting the wallets, explaining everything, keeping their stuff up to date, answering questions, etc. If they can continue this thing will be huge. The thing that makes Noble "Noble" is that it is being approached in a professional manner, and hopefully the community reflects it. No silly animated fish with you know who's face on it, or silly dogs. Im glad to see the cryptocurrency realm have a new alt coin that is something special.
sighle

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:11:35 AM

Just getting out there and discussing the coin, while keeping an eye out for anyone interested in accepting it, is what we are really asking for at the moment. Smiley Until we get the NOBLE Ambassadors started where we can begin officially recognising and providing long-term rewards for people getting on-board (this coming week). Thanks for the offer (as well as everyone else who is being very helpful and selfless in getting this ball rolling).

That's funny that you posted this just now. I literally just popped into this thread to ask what was happening these days in the NOBLverse - plans for the future, etc, etc. I like the idea of getting merchants on board but we may be a bit premature on that but I like the enthusiasm! At the moment we have a very good release and some strong supporters(with few nay-sayers) for this coin. Let's get the community built up as much as possible. I like what you guys have done so far. What's that old saying? The brightest lights burn out the fastest? Slow and steady wins the race!

What's the Ambassador program all about? Are there details hidden in the thread someplace?

[DOGE]: D6EBXikfCaPqcEJULsR2qzrLWyGBdYEwGv
[LTC]: LbPrmVGKnVhn6G8FFGFdthPyP1tjFucZHu
BTC: 1JpJ4tTM2ZCCLQf1jAnTmQbKMq7LGbrmQG
luckycoin1

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:20:34 AM

Hope I can get my 3x 7970s online tonight, been mining with a single 7950 same hour that the coin announced.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 01:24:19 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 02:00:55 AM by Rofo

What's the Ambassador program all about? Are there details hidden in the thread someplace?

With a lot of interest picking up on it we will be releasing more in the coming days - to quickly try and sum it up: We want to work with those who are interested in NOBLE and love the more genuine ideas and movements behind cryptocurrencies. These people can sign up, be recognised on our website for their achievements, recruit merchants into the NOBLE network (and future marketplace) for commission, earn NOBLEs, will qualify for discounts and special promotions, etc. Obviously there is a lot of work to flesh this out and it will evolve over the coming months but that is the general idea.

We also don't want to limit it to a pure 'salesperson' role - if you want to sign up and apply skills in promotion or design (anything constructive for that matter) and be recognised and rewarded you will also be more than welcome.

Basically greater rewards for those who want to get more personally involved with NOBLE, and we've had a number of expressions of interest already. Regards. At its simplest level it's really just automating and promoting bounties for the work people naturally are offering to do and making it a little more 'official' while recognising them (should they so desire) on our site.

sighle

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:28:09 AM

With a lot of interest picking up on it we will be releasing more in the coming days - to quickly try and sum it up: We want to work with those who are interested in NOBLE and love the more genuine ideas and movements behind cryptocurrencies. These people can sign up, be recognised on our website for their achievements, recruit merchants into the NOBLE network (and future marketplace) for commission, earn NOBLEs, will qualify for discounts and special promotions, etc. Obviously there is a lot of work to flesh this out and it will evolve over the coming months but that is the general idea.

We also don't want to limit it to a pure 'salesperson' role - if you want to sign up and apply skills in promotion or design (anything constructive for that matter) and be recognised and rewarded you will also be more than welcome.

Basically greater rewards for those who want to get more personally involved with NOBLE, and we've had a number of expressions of interest already. Regards.

Nice. I'm interested to see how this progresses.

For my first contribution to this coin I will allow you to use the term I coined; 'Nobleverse'  Tongue

Edit: By the way, anyone still solo mining with success? I've got my miners back on it after some eh... drama with other coins.

[DOGE]: D6EBXikfCaPqcEJULsR2qzrLWyGBdYEwGv
[LTC]: LbPrmVGKnVhn6G8FFGFdthPyP1tjFucZHu
BTC: 1JpJ4tTM2ZCCLQf1jAnTmQbKMq7LGbrmQG
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 02:09:29 AM

Rubberduckie has started the 48 hour give-away (1 reward per person) here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=409488.0 to see if we can generate more interest over the next couple of days. Let's try and keep it active Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: