Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:57:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052966 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:11:18 PM

We're very much alive. I'm not going to touch the reserves until this is resolved.

Good to know it! Read my PM.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miKnutty

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:40:57 PM

Info coming!
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 11:41:28 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 01:15:25 AM by Rofo

This scene is going to change, fast, perhaps for the worst before the better. So I'm going to share a little 'secret' with you guys. In order to protect NOBL in any worst case scenario we are going to be releasing a number of 'partner' coins, all under the Noble brand. We are going to have a Proof of Stake coin, a 'cut supply' coin, a SHA coin. We are going to look into the right time for merge-mining, which might be now, because mark my words when I said in the PDF merge-mining or a new revolutionary mining method is going to become mandatory.

We are going to back these coins with the infrastructure we've built, tie them directly to gold (at prices beneath spot with deals ranging between 12% and 25%), and ensure that they are supported by a team that we've worked hard to prove can be trusted to continue on with cryptocurrency for better or for worst. All are going to be Noble, all are going to be related to charity, Steps, the marketplace, our crypto vision, community, infrastructure and backed by the same team. This team is going to become larger and a registered Australian business, that acts to promote and support Noble and cryptocurrency but never on an 'official/Foundational' level.

Each of these coins will be an 'IPO', for lack of a better word, in NOBL. You only have to show proof of holdings, and you'll get an equivalent % supply of each new technology partnered with Noble. This won't dilute us, because it will be offering completely different technical preferences that wouldn't work together in a single coin, that you can trade or hold depending on your personal tastes.

I have also been looking hard at CryptoNote (https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf) on the side, and will most probably be working to release a ring-signature privacy-centric coin alongside these 'Noble' branded coins.

We can blame ASICs or GPU farms, they are both just as capable so it's a moot point, and NOBL is more secure than most. I'm not going to cause a panic, instead try to convince anyone here or looking to get involved that if you really want a long-term coin that understands this scene more than most will let on and will work to pull through anything that we're worth holding. Anyone that wants to argue the maths and technicalities with me over how a PoS like BC is secure because it doesn't have mining I will personally ensure is put in their place with the new 'State of Alternative Crypto', because it is a marketing trick designed to 'kill' PoW coins. *Apologies, by this I meant they have their own vulnerabilites just like PoW, they are not immune. We do however see the value in 'investment' coins that don't require huge electricity/hash costs.*

I didn't really want to share this too openly until it was 100% ready, instead just post obvious hints, because it takes time, has to be thought out and is a game-changer. 95% of coins don't make it nor intend to make it to 5 months with the original team so they don't need to worry about long-term survival, but we're not going anywhere. But I need to release news to keep people confident in a market that has lost most of its confidence.

In the meantime, a lot of information about a lot of coins will probably start coming to light. Initially it will be on the exchanges to ensure they can better accomodate being taken advantage of, then it will be up to everyone involved in this sickening scene how we intend to take cryptocurrency forward.

Cheers..
Jason

pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:35:42 AM

Wow this is big!

Can't wait for more details  Wink
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:19:33 AM

Although I hold some Noble, I haven't really kept track of if so much. Curious about this newest statement though.

When the dev says this:
Each of these coins will be an 'IPO', for lack of a better word, in NOBL. You only have to show proof of holdings, and you'll get an equivalent % supply of each new technology partnered with Noble.

Do you mean an even swapover to a new coin (if the owner so wishes)? Or sort of like that Aetherium thread thingy, where simply owning a certain amount of Noble automatically gets you a freebie amount of some other coin?

And what is going on with the price + frozen markets? Asic miners dumping? Something else? Apologies if its been mentioned already, just wondering.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 01:40:01 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 02:00:57 AM by Rofo

Yes. (Ethereum type thing)

And the dumping, looks like someone 51% us and it looks like it's since resolved. The exchanges are working on an improved system as far as I'm aware for all PoW coins, fork abuse and will most probably increase confirmation requirements.

Rather than using a PoS/PPC coin for example to milk/scam this scene of BTC, we want to release a Noble equivalent that doesn't ask for money. It only asks for the same level of trust we asked for day 1 and proof that you hold NOBL (improving the value of what our community holds in NOBL if people see the value in/desire a new coin with those specifications). You'll receive the fair equivalent in a newly released coin that we will then work/promote under the Noble banner. There will also be room for newcomers to get on board obviously to widen the base, but the deals will focus on Noble supporters.

Just send a fraction of a NOBL to an address we can verify on an explorer (we will snapshot the top 500+ addresses to prevent people taking advantage by constantly moving coins) and your equivalent will be moved to each new coin. This system will become automated as we refine it.

On release these coins will have the expected basics (explorer, exchanges) as well as CoinPayments (ASAP), acceptance on the Marketplace, use on 'Steps', and their own promotional deals to entice a first wave of interested 'investors'/users/speculators/buyers. Some will also be backed by a guaranteed exchange rate on the marketplace, similar to our 'Phoenix card' detailed initially here. They will then receive the same support as the others. Some might think this is too much work to take on in terms of 'development', but our focus has been on innovative infrastructure and services and that will be complete soon enough. This infrastructure, emails, correspondence and testing is a lot more work than upgrading wallets or forks, and once complete means we can focus on the technical aspects while providing an economy to use the coins. Ideally I don't want to personally, there are a number of developers we're talking to that also have the skills to do so while I get the rewritten 'State of Alternative Cryptocurrency' complete and published.

We will then be moving the marketplace and Steps longer-term onto a decentralized platform (there are a few that are looking more promising by the day) that allows direct payments between merchants/buyers for all cryptocurrencies under the Noble banner. We don't want a centralized point of hosting and we don't want to have to micromanage it, we'd rather focus on pushing services forward alongside support for the tech of each coin. Whether or not we keep some centralized 'control' over what is added to the Marketplace is still under consideration, because we don't want it to sink into a den of illegal products and heinous material (you know the type).

Someone might do this first with all the info. I've been pushed to release, but we'll always do it at 0% fees, asking for zero money upfront, and stay as true as is possible to the underlying ideals of cryptocurrency that is meant to be taking the economics of this world to another level.

Of course none of this is 100% set in stone and there is plenty of room for improvement and refinement. We forget how brand new this 'industry' is and no system we plan is perfect, but we're going to be damn sure we're an important part of it. It's the reason some of us have been quiet, a lot of work, planning, discussion and thinking needs to go into something like this to make it more than hot air. To us, doesn't matter what our price is in the short term. Maybe I'm a dreamer, but the work myself and others have been putting into this is real.

Cheers.

poornamelessme

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:49:41 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.

I wonder about dilution of value though. I mean, say if someone has a million noble, and get 100K worth of freebie coin (or however much). Assuming the freebie coin can be used on the marketplace, won't that simply dilute the value of the paired coins? What is giving the freebie coin value?

Will 'freebie coin' also appear on exchanges, be traded for btc, and all of that stuff? Or is it simply meant as a pairing with Noble, to be used on the marketplace?

And I guess I picked the wrong time to pick up what I assumed was decently priced Noble at 42, several days ago. I only bought around 100K, so it's not like I'll go broke from a drop ... but I figured I'd pick up some and if the price went up, I'd try the marketplace and get an amazon GC. Evidently I have a knack for great timing.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 01:52:05 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 02:02:46 AM by Rofo

It won't dilute the coin (edit: any more so than the dozen being released daily) because some people want PoW, some people want PoS, some people want X11, some people want a dozen other specifications. They can't be provided all in one coin, but they can provided by a trusted team that will accommodate them all in a decentralized marketplace and fundraising platform. I don't want them to be paired purely with NOBL nor could we stop exchanges from doing so, only the initial 'IPO' or distribution, if the specification requires one.

What we're seeing, and feel free to disagree, is there are about a dozen 'products/specifications' people want. The problem is the people providing these products can't be trusted, are doing so in a dodgy fashion, or are leaving/scamming the coins behind so that they have no future. We want one of each of these accommodated and supported under the Noble brand, with this original NOBL itself the core/'seed' coin.

Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:41:59 AM

This scene is going to change, fast, perhaps for the worst before the better. So I'm going to share a little 'secret' with you guys. In order to protect NOBL in any worst case scenario we are going to be releasing a number of 'partner' coins, all under the Noble brand. We are going to have a Proof of Stake coin, a 'cut supply' coin, a SHA coin. We are going to look into the right time for merge-mining, which might be now, because mark my words when I said in the PDF merge-mining or a new revolutionary mining method is going to become mandatory.

We are going to back these coins with the infrastructure we've built, tie them directly to gold (at prices beneath spot with deals ranging between 12% and 25%), and ensure that they are supported by a team that we've worked hard to prove can be trusted to continue on with cryptocurrency for better or for worst. All are going to be Noble, all are going to be related to charity, Steps, the marketplace, our crypto vision, community, infrastructure and backed by the same team. This team is going to become larger and a registered Australian business, that acts to promote and support Noble and cryptocurrency but never on an 'official/Foundational' level.

Each of these coins will be an 'IPO', for lack of a better word, in NOBL. You only have to show proof of holdings, and you'll get an equivalent % supply of each new technology partnered with Noble. This won't dilute us, because it will be offering completely different technical preferences that wouldn't work together in a single coin, that you can trade or hold depending on your personal tastes.

I have also been looking hard at CryptoNote (https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf) on the side, and will most probably be working to release a ring-signature privacy-centric coin alongside these 'Noble' branded coins.

We can blame ASICs or GPU farms, they are both just as capable so it's a moot point, and NOBL is more secure than most. I'm not going to cause a panic, instead try to convince anyone here or looking to get involved that if you really want a long-term coin that understands this scene more than most will let on and will work to pull through anything that we're worth holding. Anyone that wants to argue the maths and technicalities with me over how a PoS like BC is secure because it doesn't have mining I will personally ensure is put in their place with the new 'State of Alternative Crypto', because it is a marketing trick designed to 'kill' PoW coins. *Apologies, by this I meant they have their own vulnerabilites just like PoW, they are not immune. We do however see the value in 'investment' coins that don't require huge electricity/hash costs.*

I didn't really want to share this too openly until it was 100% ready, instead just post obvious hints, because it takes time, has to be thought out and is a game-changer. 95% of coins don't make it nor intend to make it to 5 months with the original team so they don't need to worry about long-term survival, but we're not going anywhere. But I need to release news to keep people confident in a market that has lost most of its confidence.

In the meantime, a lot of information about a lot of coins will probably start coming to light. Initially it will be on the exchanges to ensure they can better accomodate being taken advantage of, then it will be up to everyone involved in this sickening scene how we intend to take cryptocurrency forward.

Cheers..
Jason

Noble is like a box of chocolates.

Instead of chocolates you get a box full of condoms for the next party.

Best. coin. Ever.

poornamelessme

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:57:42 AM

What we're seeing, and feel free to disagree, is there are about a dozen 'products/specifications' people want. The problem is the people providing these products can't be trusted, are doing so in a dodgy fashion, or are leaving/scamming the coins behind so that they have no future. We want one of each of these accommodated and supported under the Noble brand, with this original NOBL itself the core/'seed' coin.

I'm all for the idea, I was just wondering where the value for the 'freebie coins' was coming from. If they eventually will go on exchanges, just like any other coin, while Noble holders get some from a freebie IPO based on Noble held... give it a try. It certainly could boost Noble up some.

Yep, tons of coins are scams. Tons of devs just pump up a coin based on the latest fad, then walk away. But unless you have lots of spare time to work on several coins at once, where are the devs teams that will take over these noble-related coins? Do you know enough decent dev teams and trust them enough, to run a coin properly? Or can the Noble team run several coins at once?

There is also the problem that people seem to want whatever is the 'flavor of the month'. For a while, it was meme coins. Then nation coins. Then POS... some want limited supply coins... some want anonymous coins... There is nothing wrong with your idea, just that by the time certain noble-partner coins come out, those 'flavors of the month' could be stale. The latest fads may be like 'flavors of the week' soon.

I'm also not positive if people even care if coins are a scam. I really never paid much attention to the Polo trollbox until a couple of weeks ago. Basically people jump on whatever bandwagon is being promoted, coin to coin, looking for pumps.  Facts matter very little. You can outline why a coin is a bad idea, yet people don't care. Examples are things like that Dream coin, or Bank coin ... both promised Zero Coin compatibility, and in BankCoin's case, Darksend. Even though it was clearly pointed out that a working  Zero Coin doesn't actually exist, nor would it probably work even if it did exist... people didn't care. BankCoin flat out lied about DarkSend, seeing as it wasn't even opensourced yet. Yet people were still pumping, promoting and buying.

pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:15:32 AM

[...]

Noble is like a box of chocolates.

Instead of chocolates you get a box full of condoms for the next party.

Best. coin. Ever.

LOL !!!  Tongue
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 03:19:28 AM

Giving value to the freebie coins is definitely something that needs to be considered. Perhaps it will be the value of the NOBL itself that acts as an initial holding incentive and that acts as a 'share' in a new specification. We will have to work on %s and ensure fair distribution as well as rewards for current holders while accomodating newcomers, that balance is why this isn't so simple and requires a lot of foresight, input and thinking.

It takes less time for us to work on the development/code side of coins than you think. I shamelessly admit I am a fan of open source and am using it to NOBLs advantage. We will use the updates done by dedicated development teams while attributing them for our own coins. We also can 'contract' out/bounty other work, but that is only becoming more of an option now that I have built some relationships with the more trusted developers. Otherwise, the general maintenance I can do myself, Heartbleed, checkpoints, etc etc. including customised branded wallets for NOBL that we are incorporating a lot of features into. There are definitely exceptions to this, DRK is not something I would want to touch as the work being put into that by Ed behind closed doors is inspiring and not something we could even attempt to match unless we stopped working on everything else. That is why CryptoNote looks appealing, it's more open source and the team behind it promote forking and sharing of the technology.

I definitely agree with flavour of the month which is why we don't do it that month. Some specifications might be hot one month and then not so crash hot the next, but longer-term they still will play a role and are still the preference of some. Personally I think this includes SHA, PoS (act as a NOBL 'saver', and tie to gold), X11, perhaps some up-and-coming mining algo., anonymity (as well as open/transparent), 5xMYR (although I do respect their approach and wouldn't want to 'use' it too soon without letting it come of its own).

You're also right in that people don't give two hoots about scams, so long as they think they can get in and get out in time to profit also. That's how the scene works right now and we all know it. Our niche no longer feels like it's just charity, but also for longer-term altcoin supporters who see potential in all these 'experiments' and feel they will have a place in one form or another if/when this place grows up. Which is why we'd like to cover every angle. If a coin isn't as supported in 6 months, that's fine. We gave the option, supported it with a team that provided services, updates and didn't scam, and held the core NOBL value up with it.

Our work has always focused on the the merchants/services/economies underlying crypto and ensuring in the future it can be used internationally to the best of its abilities. Fast, charitable, little fees, global, decentralized, etc. We can then use these services to increase the demand of all specifications that we support, whether they last or otherwise. It lets NOBL act as a 'share' and arguably could entice holding.

Like I said, we definitely need feedback. It's not something we even wanted to bring to the table at this point, but this place expects big news faster than that big news can be delivered. So these are the types of things we're including in the game plan and intending to deliver in one form or another.

Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:20:10 AM

Very interesting developments.
whiterose

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:31:30 AM

Dear,

When starting the distributing of freebee coin for the holding of NOBL coin Huh??
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:41:17 AM

Giving value to the freebie coins is definitely something that needs to be considered. Perhaps it will be the value of the NOBL itself that acts as an initial holding incentive and that acts as a 'share' in a new specification. We will have to work on %s and ensure fair distribution as well as rewards for current holders while accomodating newcomers, that balance is why this isn't so simple and requires a lot of foresight, input and thinking.

Well, partial value of any freebie coin could simply be related to the coin specs and support, assuming it goes on an exchange like any other coin. I don't know if you plan 100% free giveaway, partial giveaway, partial exchange sales, or what exactly. One problem though may be the dumper mentality that seems to be a problem for most giveaway coins.

Early on, things like Comm/ITC actually avoided this pretty well. Although of course people dumped for nothing, some held, more than I expected... at least until the coins were worth a relatively decent amount. Longterm though, neither coin seems to have much dev support, hence why they didn't really rebuild value after coins changed hands... especially so in Comm's case.

So you'd need to figure out how to give the freebie coins some value so that people will hold the coins for a while, and just not 'cash out'. Marketplace discounts I guess could be one way, or at least it could help somewhat. Unique specs/unique coding is another way, but it sounds like you aren't going that route... it'd be rather coding intensive and time consuming to even try it.

I may be in the minority here, but I never really viewed NobleCoin as being especially unique or special (as coins go). The marketplace, however, was a fantastic idea. Tie the freebie coins into the marketplace discount, some will hold longterm. Having them tied into the charity concept is also fine, although to be honest, it  usually feels like charity and crypto-people are a bad mix. It's like taking stockbroker/alpha male types, whose sole goal is to make money... and ask them to care about a charity in some way. I sometimes think many in this forum would willingly go stomp on some puppies if it simply made them money. So no harm doing the charity thing, just that I don't think it'll matter that much.
whiterose

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:49:36 AM

I have one question.....

I bought some noble coin on mintpal....

but i cannot found my quantity from noble coin richlist.....http://chainz.cryptoid.info/nobl/#!rich

please inform to me the reason and solution....!!!!
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 03:56:54 AM

I have one question.....

but i cannot found my quantity from noble coin richlist.....http://chainz.cryptoid.info/nobl/#!rich

Your coins are still just numbers in the mintpal database, until you withdraw them, they're not separate in the blockchain from the rest of mintpal wallet.

Also the address you generated at mintpal is for deposits, it's not your own address, it's just an address in mintpal's wallet they'll use to figure out who coins were deposited for.

whiterose

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:02:57 AM

I have one question.....

Your coins are still just numbers in the mintpal database, until you withdraw them, they're not separate in the blockchain from the rest of mintpal wallet.

Also the address you generated at mintpal is for deposits, it's not your own address, it's just an address in mintpal's wallet they'll use to figure out who coins were deposited for.

Then how i can enlist my quantity on the noble rich list ?

Please guide me....!!
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 04:03:37 AM

Well, partial value of any freebie coin could simply be related to the coin specs and support, assuming it goes on an exchange like any other coin. I don't know if you plan 100% free giveaway, partial giveaway, partial exchange sales, or what exactly. One problem though may be the dumper mentality that seems to be a problem for most giveaway coins.

Early on, things like Comm/ITC actually avoided this pretty well. Although of course people dumped for nothing, some held, more than I expected... at least until the coins were worth a relatively decent amount. Longterm though, neither coin seems to have much dev support, hence why they didn't really rebuild value after coins changed hands... especially so in Comm's case.

So you'd need to figure out how to give the freebie coins some value so that people will hold the coins for a while, and just not 'cash out'. Marketplace discounts I guess could be one way, or at least it could help somewhat. Unique specs/unique coding is another way, but it sounds like you aren't going that route... it'd be rather coding intensive and time consuming to even try it.

I may be in the minority here, but I never really viewed NobleCoin as being especially unique or special (as coins go). The marketplace, however, was a fantastic idea. Tie the freebie coins into the marketplace discount, some will hold longterm. Having them tied into the charity concept is also fine, although to be honest, it  usually feels like charity and crypto-people are a bad mix. It's like taking stockbroker/alpha male types, whose sole goal is to make money... and ask them to care about a charity in some way. I sometimes think many in this forum would willingly go stomp on some puppies if it simply made them money. So no harm doing the charity thing, just that I don't think it'll matter that much.

I agree. People love giveaways and it helps make a coin popular in the beginning, but that's only to dump and make an easy buck, doesn't help long term. Why I've always been a fan of PoW over PoS is it gives some cost/value to the coin you've got. Staggered marketplace deals have been one idea (of many) we are considering, for example the longer you hold, the higher the marketplace deal for that coin goes in a predetermined pattern before it returns to a more stable and sustainable level. Obviously this would promote a bubble, but it would also encourage speculation, holding, volume and more people buying to get into the deals. If the value then drops on people selling for deals, counterbalances are in place for the deal to begin the cycle again and promote a new round of buying, volume and speculation. People will hold for that next round or sell depending on their outlook. Of course this is in some ways considered manipulation, but if it's open and transparent marketplace deals then it's no different to any shop encouraging purchasing through promotion. We are also planning a long-term 'investment' coin that has a fixed minimum rate of purchase on the marketplace. This however will require more work, trust and capital to start with.

I also agree on the charity part, that was an idealistic and core idea of what we wanted Noble to represent and it will remain so. Most of the charity work remains on our shoulders however so we will be using crypto and the marketplace deals/commerce to continue on with that route. It's also the reason we introduced the marketplace, we needed something solid and based on 'money' moreso than philanthropy, because your opinion on most people here is probably right. I say most because there are still a fair number of purists and supporters who believe in crypto and doing good, they just aren't the majority. Steps will remain as a balance to the marketplace, but in order to differentiate ourselves and appeal to those focused on money we have to turn the marketplace into a powerhouse, which is what we're doing now.

I have one question.....

Are they still on Mintpal? Nevermind thank you for answering in the meantime.

poornamelessme

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:18:00 AM

I agree. People love giveaways and it helps make a coin popular in the beginning, but that's only to dump and make an easy buck, doesn't help long term. Why I've always been a fan of PoW over PoS is it gives some cost/value to the coin you've got. Staggered marketplace deals have been one idea (of many) we are considering, for example the longer you hold, the higher the marketplace deal for that coin goes in a predetermined pattern before it returns to a more stable and sustainable level. Obviously this would promote a bubble, but it would also encourage speculation, holding, volume and more people buying to get into the deals. If the value then drops on people selling for deals, counterbalances are in place for the deal to begin the cycle again and promote a new round of buying, volume and speculation. People will hold for that next round or sell depending on their outlook. Of course this is in some ways considered manipulation, but if it's open and transparent marketplace deals then it's no different to any shop encouraging purchasing through promotion. We are also planning a long-term 'investment' coin that has a fixed minimum rate of purchase on the marketplace. This however will require more work, trust and capital to start with.

I'm one of those people who love giveaways, as being originally a guppy-sized trader (started with $38 btc), the giveaways gave me a stake... which now means I have grown into, umm... I guess a regular fish sized trader (15-20 btc)?

But I never view giveaways as something purely to dump, even from the beginning. If the devs support the coin and I think it has a future, I'd hold or more likely sell, and buy back in later. Yet very few (not sure any) of the current giveaway coins seem to have active devs nor anything especially unique about their coins. Unfortunately many can't even wait at all with giveaways, and it's like... gimme coins... sell coins... in one motion. I'm also biased towards POS, as I don't mine, but yeah, POW does give a cost/value to a coin. It always felt like an artificial value to me though. I remember that Air coin pricing itself based on miner rewards, and I always wondered who cares if a coin makes itself difficult to mine... that shouldn't really mean the coin itself it worth more than it should. However, many people may not think that same way (and especially not miners).

An idea I thought could work for Noble was a form of POS, but not in coins, but in marketplace discounts, which is more or less what you just suggested.  I think I even mentioned the idea upon the noble forum once upon a time. Such as hold a coin for a month, you get an extra 1% discount tacked onto your account... another month, another 1%, and so on. Cap it at a certain amount, just so people actually buy something eventually. Yet I guess there is only so much of a discount you can offer before you'd go broke.
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: