Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 04:46:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052973 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:46:36 AM

Thanks for the update Rofo!

I think this is good news because as the crypto-currency markets change and evolve over time we have to be willing to move with it. It's not comfortable thinking about having more than 1 coin or having POS coins or new algorithms here and there, but the fact is that we have to stay current (without changing weekly) and on the cutting edge of technology as well as what the majority of people and shareholders want.

I think Noble's future gets longer and brighter every day!
kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:20:19 PM

How does one view the "rich list" I have head of it several times but do not know where is exists ....

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 12:23:27 PM

How does one view the "rich list" I have head of it several times but do not know where is exists ....
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/nobl/#!rich

whiterose

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:24:56 PM

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/nobl/#!rich
kultus

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:37:55 PM

Nice thanks guys, I see it only tracks cold storage, took me a bit to find myself but I am there hehe

fairglu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 12:39:28 PM

Announcing a beta feature for the Noblecoin Blockchain Explorer:

Noblecoin Address Watch

This is currently a NobleCoin exclusive!

When you go to the page of an address, f.i.  one of the Noble Reserve wallets, you now have a "Watch this address" link, where you can register an email address.

The next time coins are spent from that address, you'll get a notification email.

The idea is to facilitate keeping an eye on public fund addresses, as well as your own addresses, which shouldn't be spent without your knowing of it (cold storage, etc.).

And if you like the explorer, tips welcome at NOBL 9eyDvQ53wLXruwSQDJegJATbUWddhvQTvL and/or BTC 17nsaHHBq6FhwVZ7htTedUPk5CyaRDXdwt to help cover the hosting costs!

fairglu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 12:41:03 PM

Nice thanks guys, I see it only tracks cold storage, took me a bit to find myself but I am there hehe
It keeps track of everything, but funds in a wallet are going to be spread across multiple "change" addresses, and exact amounts in an exchange are known only to the exchange database (however it can help to keep track of how large/rich exchanges get)

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:58:51 PM

Announcing a beta feature for the Noblecoin Blockchain Explorer:

Noblecoin Address Watch

This is currently a NobleCoin exclusive!

When you go to the page of an address, f.i.  one of the Noble Reserve wallets, you now have a "Watch this address" link, where you can register an email address.

The next time coins are spent from that address, you'll get a notification email.

The idea is to facilitate keeping an eye on public fund addresses, as well as your own addresses, which shouldn't be spent without your knowing of it (cold storage, etc.).

And if you like the explorer, tips welcome at NOBL 9eyDvQ53wLXruwSQDJegJATbUWddhvQTvL and/or BTC 17nsaHHBq6FhwVZ7htTedUPk5CyaRDXdwt to help cover the hosting costs!

Very nice feature, perfectly in line with the transparency of noblecoin!
kultus

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:00:45 PM

It keeps track of everything, but funds in a wallet are going to be spread across multiple "change" addresses, and exact amounts in an exchange are known only to the exchange database (however it can help to keep track of how large/rich exchanges get)

Yea thats good stuff, can't really expect it to know what your wallet address is in a Xchange data base, I like being able to see what sort of reserves others have, while still being for the most part pseudonymous, I would like to know who the 61 million coin winner is though ... hehehe  

NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:09:20 PM

Starting to see more and more coins promising outlets and stores.. Will this be the new feature of the month? At least Noble will be a front runner then Wink
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:10:10 PM

I agree. People love giveaways and it helps make a coin popular in the beginning, but that's only to dump and make an easy buck, doesn't help long term. Why I've always been a fan of PoW over PoS is it gives some cost/value to the coin you've got. Staggered marketplace deals have been one idea (of many) we are considering, for example the longer you hold, the higher the marketplace deal for that coin goes in a predetermined pattern before it returns to a more stable and sustainable level. Obviously this would promote a bubble, but it would also encourage speculation, holding, volume and more people buying to get into the deals. If the value then drops on people selling for deals, counterbalances are in place for the deal to begin the cycle again and promote a new round of buying, volume and speculation. People will hold for that next round or sell depending on their outlook. Of course this is in some ways considered manipulation, but if it's open and transparent marketplace deals then it's no different to any shop encouraging purchasing through promotion. We are also planning a long-term 'investment' coin that has a fixed minimum rate of purchase on the marketplace. This however will require more work, trust and capital to start with.

I'm one of those people who love giveaways, as being originally a guppy-sized trader (started with $38 btc), the giveaways gave me a stake... which now means I have grown into, umm... I guess a regular fish sized trader (15-20 btc)?

But I never view giveaways as something purely to dump, even from the beginning. If the devs support the coin and I think it has a future, I'd hold or more likely sell, and buy back in later. Yet very few (not sure any) of the current giveaway coins seem to have active devs nor anything especially unique about their coins. Unfortunately many can't even wait at all with giveaways, and it's like... gimme coins... sell coins... in one motion. I'm also biased towards POS, as I don't mine, but yeah, POW does give a cost/value to a coin. It always felt like an artificial value to me though. I remember that Air coin pricing itself based on miner rewards, and I always wondered who cares if a coin makes itself difficult to mine... that shouldn't really mean the coin itself it worth more than it should. However, many people may not think that same way (and especially not miners).

An idea I thought could work for Noble was a form of POS, but not in coins, but in marketplace discounts, which is more or less what you just suggested.  I think I even mentioned the idea upon the noble forum once upon a time. Such as hold a coin for a month, you get an extra 1% discount tacked onto your account... another month, another 1%, and so on. Cap it at a certain amount, just so people actually buy something eventually. Yet I guess there is only so much of a discount you can offer before you'd go broke.

I have a quick thought regarding giveaways to help mitigate the whole quick dump issue (this could also be applied to the linked coins that are given based on the amount of NOBL someone holds); and it kinda aligns with the ideas already hashed out. You could approach the distribution of coins as an increasing annuity (and possibly link the rate of increase to the amount of supply you want out versus the amount of mintage). Although, I’m not sure how the staking and claiming implementation would work out in this case. If you would like more clarification on the math on how this would work, please let me know.
Tweek

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 06:07:28 PM

Just placed my first order on Crypto-paid etched glass. It has been a great service so far, had to have a little chat with the owner because he has to send glass all the way from the USA to Europe. Grin

He is going to make me some custom Noble coasters, as well as a Bitcoin mirror and coasters. I will update with some pictures as soon as it arrives. At the moment they carry pint glasses, beer mugs, shot glasses, wine glasses, champagne flutes, picture frames and mirrors. They keep adding new glass items regularly and even offer the option to make some custom-blown glassware.

They recently started to accept Noblecoin as well via CoinPayments.
You can find their shop at Pixskull.com

Currently they are supporters of a Dopecoin promotion/competition so if you like to hit the pipe once in a while check that out as well.
As promised here are the pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/j8FW8#0

Also I have a favour to ask you guys. Can you vote for curecoin on https://www.coinpayments.net/vote

adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:22:07 PM

Is there a decent mining pool? I tried Poolerino but I keep getting my account locked for no reason or "token expired" everytime I try to do anything... Any pool with a decent amount of hash out there?
Tweek

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 06:31:27 PM

Is there a decent mining pool? I tried Poolerino but I keep getting my account locked for no reason or "token expired" everytime I try to do anything... Any pool with a decent amount of hash out there?
"Token expired" is a safety measurement from the MPOS software. You can only have the page open for X seconds if you want to do sensitive things like login or change account details. Did you try contacting the pool admin to solve this yet?
Poolerino has been an awesome and stable pool for months. Wink

NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:24:14 PM

Charity pool? Not sure about current hash, but seems very stable so far!
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 12:00:19 AM

Really looking nice, I'm going to have to get in touch with him myself! Looking forward to more pics, also voted. Wink

cdg1941

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:15:14 AM

Charity pool? Not sure about current hash, but seems very stable so far!

i've never had a problem there, nice layout too

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 03:44:26 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 04:52:19 AM by Rofo

NobleCoin Marketplace

I'm a little frustrated, but in a good way. We're going to try something very simple. Every day from this point onwards I'm going to raise the Marketplace discounts by 1% until we reach a point of we can't handle it any longer. From then we will reduce the discount by 1% per day until it returns to 12%.

I'm guessing we can easily reach at least 30%, maybe 35%, so we're going to try this little promo. I'm going to ask you to get this tidbit of information out to anyone you know on Twitter (or anywhere else for that matter for those interested). It won't cover gold and silver just yet and for that I apologise, but it will cover Steam and Amazon cards, it will also cover Newegg if it begins to gain traction.

We'd like to consider this a little 'thank you' for sticking with us and a means of introducing the potential behind NOBL and the up and coming improved Marketplace because of the simple fact that crypto. will allow us to reward everyone who holds once in a while. It will also allow us ideally to reward those who got caught in the recent trap.

It also gives us a little chance to do something while you wait patiently for the new Marketplace & bullion to be finalized, rather than wait around thinking perhaps it will never happen, which we'd rather avoid! Smiley

Let me know what you think, this can be retweaked or double-checked as there are usually a number of concerns. It's pretty simple though, we want to use what we have as a very simple but highly effective deal to draw the attention to what NOBL intends to do with the Marketplace, coins and deals longer-term.

https://www.noblemovement.com/marketplace

More info. as questions are answered:

We will most probably not go over $5000 in sales a day else we will pause it. I will update daily the total sales and how easily in general we can handle it on a scale of 1-10. There will have to be some limitations in place, but it won't be the last time we do this if we have to to draw attention to what NOBL offers.

On the marketplace is every single Amazon card available from every regional website, so pretty much worldwide. It's capped at about $2000 in total supply right now. Every day we will refine this, keep it transparent, up the stock and promote accordingly as well as talk about how much we can continue to handle.

We just need to do something to stop stagnating and push the idea forward that there is more to cryptocurrency than innovation, there is also commerce.

I'll go through the stocks and up accordingly shortly. Every single day we'll give a rundown on orders, stock reserves, how much pressure we feel etc. and if we expect to begin to reduce by 1% from that point onwards. This will be to cover our ass as well as prevent any kind of rush to the exit. It also won't be the first time we do this, we want it to be the first of many, it just needs to be tested and refined.

People are going to be toying with the prices either way. This will reflect how big that 30% deal is in the end depending on when you bought and the exchange rate at that time. The higher we go, the more info. we will also give on how much $$ we can handle in orders before it can no longer be met and we begin going back to 29%, 28% etc etc.

If people who bought now want to hold out at 30% that's fine, they've been well rewarded. If we reach a point before that 30% though (which will we do our best to make obvious in terms of info. given) the deal might only reach 25%. It all depends on how much pressure is put on us, which is why we'll keep the info as open as possible, as well as continue the ascent in the future once we've figured out the type of attention this brings.

Edit: To add in all honesty I was expecting 12% to be more than enough to attract people buying and selling. It hasn't left a dint (less than $200 a week now), so we're going to push it as high as it takes to get the attention we initially wanted.

So for example each day the info. we give will be along these lines and more detailed if necessary.

20% discount, up to $3000 orders a day can be handled (down 10% from previous day), only had $1200 yesterday, 21% tomorrow likely(7 on a scale of 10). Vol: Price: % change:.

Site should be OK unless we're talking 10s of thousands, it's on hefty dedicated hardware in the US. Right now it's definitely something to let your friends know (and entice them to get involved in the potential of crypto. and NOBL while they're at it). CoinPayments takes NOBL at the current fiat/BTC conversion rate and sends it to us which we immediately place for sale at a higher rate. With all the info. and stats posted we'll be better prepared for next time, and it will allow us to keep drawing interest towards NOBL.

Because this is considered a promo. on our part the losses are taken in stride, and we post the amount we can handle daily to ensure people can't hold out to do a $50,000 order and make bank that we can't cover. It will be up to individuals to determine what discount they're happy with or where/when they think we will reach a point we have to reduce the discount.

We won't really sell out. We grab them direct from Amazon when they are bought and email them out from Amazon. The only question is how much $$ in orders we can handle per day before we feel like the promo. is being milked too dry too fast (damaging the reserves).

But yeah, might be best not to get too many people involved until we've had 1 round to test the 'system'.  Wink I hope just the deals enough should sooner or later draw enough attention from the immediate crypto community before we think about taking it outside.

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:02:06 AM

I'm a little frustrated, but in a good way. We're going to try something very simple. Every day from this point onwards I'm going to raise the Marketplace discounts by 1% until we reach a point of we can't handle it any longer. From then we will reduce the discount by 1% per day until it returns to 12%.

I'm guessing we can easily reach at least 30%, maybe 35%, so we're going to try this little promo. I'm going to ask you to get this tidbit of information out to anyone you know on Twitter (or anywhere else for that matter for those interested). It won't cover gold and silver just yet and for that I apologise, but it will cover Steam and Amazon cards, it will also cover Newegg if it begins to gain traction.

How set are you in regard to Amazon cards? Meaning, will you possibly sell out? And they work worldwide?

If you get to 30%, I know of some general deal sites that probably would jump on it. They sometimes go through hoops just to get 5% CB using a credit card for amazon GC purchases. Amazon GCs never ever go on discount anywhere.

A 30% discount on amazon gcs and I probably could get them to bankrupt you.
1024KB

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:03:22 AM

How set are you in regard to Amazon cards? Meaning, will you possibly sell out? And they work worldwide?

If you get to 30%, I know of some general deal sites that probably would jump on it. They sometimes go through hoops just to get 5% CB using a credit card for amazon GC purchases. Amazon GCs never ever go on discount anywhere.

A 30% discount on amazon gcs and I probably could get them to bankrupt you.

if they pay with noble I believe
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: