Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:17:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052967 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
1Kb

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:42:01 PM

Btw, just a crazy thought, did anyone already consider special access features when he/she is a proven holder of a certain amount. this can off course be tied to discounts or anything you can think of. The only labor one will have to do is to show that he/she is a holder and the programming should check whether the value on that address remains at least a certain threshold.

So for example
- Site showing certain info:
- Site has special features which are locked for general public.
- Once a new member signs up, the new memeber needs to put in his address
- The site checks the value (which needs to be 10.000 Noble for example).
- Then the user is requested to make 1 request and 1 addition to the address.
- The site follows the transactions and grants access to the special features as long as the balance does not go below a certain threshold.

I am just curious why this has not been done before. And also because there is talk of giving special discounts and stuff, so why not add an extra percentage if you are an identified holder for an X period.

But maybe it is just a bad idea, I don't know. (if not, I guess it will be copied very quickly:)
Hmm does sound like a good idea, so people won't misuse the extra discount by "buying coins at the exchange" and directly "dumping" them at the Marketplace. They need to hold on to an amount of coins in order to get the extra discount.

My first question however would be, how to check this or how to find out?

Maybe adjust it a bit, so they do not get a "discount" but get coins back as an "investment" into NobleCoin. So they will receive the 12% discount directly and the "extra" discount is only given back to you a day after you made the purchase. That would make it more "difficult" for people to buy/dump and seems more easy to implement.

I guess via our ABE explorer.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:16:05 PM

Come get your NOBL!

http://www.hasher.ca

PROP reward system
Works Stats
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
ProfitPorts (beta testing now)

To mine:

Username: your NOBL wallet address OR a generated Global Key
Password: anything
URL (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3654

NOBL go straight to your wallet once the block is confirmed. We don't hold your NOBL (>100)!

Cheers and Happy Hashing!

Looks good! Smiley
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:16:42 PM

Btw, just a crazy thought, did anyone already consider special access features when he/she is a proven holder of a certain amount. this can off course be tied to discounts or anything you can think of. The only labor one will have to do is to show that he/she is a holder and the programming should check whether the value on that address remains at least a certain threshold.

So for example
- The site follows the transactions and grants access to the special features as long as the balance does not go below a certain threshold.

I am just curious why this has not been done before. And also because there is talk of giving special discounts and stuff, so why not add an extra percentage if you are an identified holder for an X period.

But maybe it is just a bad idea, I don't know. (if not, I guess it will be copied very quickly:)

I like this and I think it should be quite easy to automate?
a3tje

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:55:30 PM

(repost) Weekend has arrived so to end the week, a small clip for NobleCoin Wink

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
kresu

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:22:13 PM

NobleCoin Marketplace

I'm a little frustrated, but in a good way. We're going to try something very simple. Every day from this point onwards I'm going to raise the Marketplace discounts by 1% until we reach a point of we can't handle it any longer. From then we will reduce the discount by 1% per day until it returns to 12%.

This is a GREAT idea!

Noble people, if you have some spare time, let's prepare some banners/gifs/anything in graphical form to PROMOTE THIS PROMO!
Some fancy name ?  Maybe "Sick Promo!" (just kidding).

But when people will see this simple image of $100 Amazon GC and below for example a string of numbers:

12%   13%   14%   15%  16%   17%   18% ... -> ?

The one and only SICK ^^^ PROMO.

You know what I mean? The message has to be simple. I'm just not talented nor experienced in Photoshop.
Still, I'm not sure if we should make it loud right now, or is it better to take it easy this time and just wait and watch?

I think the price moved today for a reason.
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:05:35 PM

So for example

I like this idea, it would give people a good incentive to hold their coins.

Though I guess it could spawn an elitist group?

Edit: It could be like the stonecutters on the Simpsons
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:31:40 PM

New small article :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/5/23/noblecoin-marketplace-discount-increasing-by-1-daily-as-of-today#

Share as much as you can please !

Donations are very welcome, saving up to attend more Bitcoin-related events soon Smiley
BassDuck

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 07:16:57 PM

Hey Rofo, Haven't been very active here recently but I've been continuing to follow and am happy to and excited to see the current developments! Keep up the hard work, it's well appreciated!!

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 04:32:09 AM

So it feels a little odd making sure we do this formally about the marketplace:

Nothing to report. No sales, people holding out to see how high it goes. We'll start with $1,500 worth of orders and move it up swiftly. 100% chance of it being 14% tomorrow.

In the meantime the second tier Marketplace is gearing up to be ready. Should be good by end of month, with merchant and bidding sections public but in testing. Still waiting on gold/silver but it is a go. GPUs, TigerDirect, bullion accesories & KNCMiner gear is also going to be added. Will be 'linking' in with any other merchant who would like all their products listed by us on the marketplace, to make it easier to browse and order anything you can buy in NOBL in one spot and at discount (Marketplace). Steps on the new platform will follow shortly.

pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:09:32 AM

Nothing to report. No sales, people holding out to see how high it goes. We'll start with $1,500 worth of orders and move it up swiftly. 100% chance of it being 14% tomorrow.

In the meantime the second tier Marketplace is gearing up to be ready. Should be good by end of month, with merchant and bidding sections public but in testing. Still waiting on gold/silver but it is a go. GPUs, TigerDirect, bullion accesories & KNCMiner gear is also going to be added. Will be 'linking' in with any other merchant who would like all their products listed by us on the marketplace, to make it easier to browse and order anything you can buy in NOBL in one spot and at discount (Marketplace). Steps on the new platform will follow shortly.

Wow ROFO Shocked great job !  
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:44:43 AM

I can't believe the price is still so low on this coin. I bought another million @ 28 sat.

Great and active dev team.
The community is a class act and so is rofo.
Coinpayments, store, etc...
Good charity work.

Noble should be trading @ 150 satoshi

whiterose

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:21:31 PM

I can't believe the price is still so low on this coin. I bought another million @ 28 sat.

Good charity work.

I also have the nobl coin also...... but I don't know the nobl coin value exactly.....

If the current value is so low and it should be trading at 150 satosh.....why don't you buy now at 34, 35, 36, 37.........

The point is that nobody want to buy the nobl coin at present price .......and they are shouting the price is cheap.....something nonsense....
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:49:03 PM

Good charity work.

I also have the nobl coin also...... but I don't know the nobl coin value exactly.....

If the current value is so low and it should be trading at 150 satosh.....why don't you buy now at 34, 35, 36, 37.........

The point is that nobody want to buy the nobl coin at present price .......and they are shouting the price is cheap.....something nonsense....

I buy Noble at the present price.

I just said I bought another million, actually 1.3 million in the last few days.

So yes, there are buyers at the present price.

I'm just saying the coin is undervalued in my opinion, and is a great buy....that's all, no nonsense.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:34:13 PM

The pricing is something I'm a little confused about.

Assume we stock up on Noble for the main goal of spending at the marketplace when the discount is highest. When coinpayments converts it to btc during the purchase, will that negatively affect the price at the time, due to people in effect 'selling' their noble?

If a person simply wants noble for the discount and wants to play it completely safe, the time to buy would be the day they wish to make a purchase -- guaranteed discount that way. The coin would be unlikely to crash or rise a whole lot during that short time period.

Buying now makes sense if you believe people will stock up on Noble, to cash out later on, as the price should slowly rise as more people become interested. It's a question of how many are interested in the market discount though, or how many are simply speculating on the price overall. I also wonder what happens after the 'high discount' period is over ... will Noble then lose value?
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:38:08 PM

Are you saying anything at all from TigerDirect, or just selected items, i.e. giftcards (if they have them)?

And yeah, people will wait. I don't see people really ordering much until you get near the high point of 30%ish. I mean, as a customer, why would you?
soccosocco

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:33:54 PM

9hJfJCkuTKMv3MjcB4G6qEeoXsgywMxjE4

Thanks
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 11:07:47 PM

Assume we stock up on Noble for the main goal of spending at the marketplace when the discount is highest. When coinpayments converts it to btc during the purchase, will that negatively affect the price at the time, due to people in effect 'selling' their noble?

If a person simply wants noble for the discount and wants to play it completely safe, the time to buy would be the day they wish to make a purchase -- guaranteed discount that way. The coin would be unlikely to crash or rise a whole lot during that short time period.

Buying now makes sense if you believe people will stock up on Noble, to cash out later on, as the price should slowly rise as more people become interested. It's a question of how many are interested in the market discount though, or how many are simply speculating on the price overall. I also wonder what happens after the 'high discount' period is over ... will Noble then lose value?

CoinPayments doesn't autosell, it gets passed to us to sell if/when we need it. We're pre-prepared which means we don't immediately sell it, we tend to hold.

People can play it safe and wait until the deal is at a level they want and will get us attention, that's the point we want to naturally reach and find out. At that point they'll buy NOBL or use their current holdings, it gets passed to us, we hold it, and determine how much we can handle at that rate.

Personally I don't feel too many people are interested in the marketplace discount though, many still just speculate and hold. We're a bit ahead of ourselves with using crypto so strongly as a currency. The key thing we wanted to do with this promo. was draw more* eyes to NOBL, the marketplace and its future potential when investors/buyers realise this won't be the last deal accommodated there.

That's also why we'll reduce the sale by 1% a day to a level we can handle, so there isn't some huge dump or rush to the exits when people consider the deal over.

poornamelessme

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:56:07 PM

CoinPayments doesn't autosell, it gets passed to us to sell if/when we need it. We're pre-prepared which means we don't immediately sell it, we tend to hold.

People can play it safe and wait until the deal is at a level they want and will get us attention, that's the point we want to naturally reach and find out. At that point they'll buy NOBL or use their current holdings, it gets passed to us, we hold it, and determine how much we can handle at that rate.

Personally I don't feel too many people are interested in the marketplace discount though, many still just speculate and hold. We're a bit ahead of ourselves with using crypto so strongly as a currency. The key thing we wanted to do with this promo. was draw more* eyes to NOBL, the marketplace and its future potential when investors/buyers realise this won't be the last deal accommodated there.

That's also why we'll reduce the sale by 1% a day to a level we can handle, so there isn't some huge dump or rush to the exits when people consider the deal over.

That makes more sense then, in regard to coinpayments. Otherwise it might be a situation where too many marketplace buyers inadvertently lower the price of noble.

As for the discount, I think a better gauge will be when you are near the max level. I mean, it's sort of like commonsense from a consumer standpoint. A store mentions a sale of 30% off in two weeks, people won't go and buy stuff for a lower discount right now. But I expect you are right in regard to the regular discount. Most people here aren't into using crypto as a currency, strangely enough. Many coins don't even pretend to ever be used as a currency. The  pump and dump mindset overall is way too prevalent among crypto people... their main goal is to get in and out, cash their money, and don't think about ever actually ever using any coin. I guess one roadblock to that is the giant price fluctuations present in crypto overall... nobody want to be the guy who purchases 2 pizzas and a year later finds out he just spent a small (or in btc's case, large) fortune on them.

For myself, I think it'll be a quick and easy way to take a small amount of profit, assuming you have profit to cash out. Instead of coinbase/banks and all that, just convert coin to amazon gcs, which to me is basically the same as real money. If you have goods on the site I want, possibly even better.
kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:32:12 AM

Are you saying anything at all from TigerDirect, or just selected items, i.e. giftcards (if they have them)?

And yeah, people will wait. I don't see people really ordering much until you get near the high point of 30%ish. I mean, as a customer, why would you?

We can also try (maybe the next round?) another way of changing % during the promo:
- example 1:  starting from 30% (day 1) and lowering by 1% every day (means rush, b/c the "today is the best deal, tomorrow will be worse" approach could last the whole round
- example 2: approach "you'll never know", say, you announce only the % for today: 15% or 20% or 25% or 30% (randomly)
- surely we can find another "strategies"

Edit: I'm almost sure that adding anything related to scrypt ASICs to the marketplace (any mining equipment) would bring A LOT of attention almost instantly.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 02:35:47 AM

Basically semi-random, as transparent and possible and controlled has to be best, most people here are out to abuse the system, not support it.

Pages: « 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: