Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:06:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232496 times)
gonzzo

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:48:47 PM

what's the current diff for this coin?
i can't see the block explorer from work

47 and raising quick ...

no doubt.. guess it'll be pool mining for me when I get home (as much as I hate doing that) and get my setup reconfigured.
do you recommend one?

check vertcoin.org (down atm) for a list and choose one which is not not overpopulated or p2p of course ...
sammart57

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:50:30 PM

47 and raising quick ...

no doubt.. guess it'll be pool mining for me when I get home (as much as I hate doing that) and get my setup reconfigured.
do you recommend one?

check vertcoin.org (down atm) for a list and choose one which is not not overpopulated or p2p of course ...

man I KNEW I should have started mining this when I read about it and was interested at launch
oh well, at least I have some vtc that I bought when they were super cheap.. but I could be sitting on alot more than I am now if I had pulled my head out of my ass Sad
goin2mars

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:53:19 PM

Hi,

While the extra 10-15 hashes is nice, running I20 on these 290's w/ modified cgminer will literally beat the shit out of your cards. If you are monitoring them, please observe that you probably have constant usage crashes to 0% and if you have the comp on a circuit w/ lights they will be pulsating. You also won't have a responsive desktop. I have a permanent artifact from one of my power surges due to this.

If you value your cards, please consider I17 rather than I20.

I was using afterburner/asus gputweak to monitor the settings so please confirm for yourself. . .mining vertcoin is not like mining litecoin.

Not sure what you mean with usage crashes, GPU usage stays at 100, so does hashrate and yes, lights do pulsate but I think this is due to the power outages in our country due to heavy ice rain tearing electricity cables. Desktop is responsive.

What are you using to monitor your usage? Also, I was using kill a watt, and it was showing fluctuations from 600w to 950+w. . so they were definitely happening. Does your core clock drop at all? What's the rest of your setup like?

When I had symptoms as Yours (power draw fluctuating in my kill-a-watt) it was somethign wrong and soon later I had to rma 2 of my cards..first freezes came, then I couldn't power up windows with them and in the end green horizontal line on screen, and they had just few days (non-reference Windforce Gigabyte 290s)..I think Gigabyte have fucked up something in their PCB, cause vram 1 was 95-100 C, vram ~75..while all other reference cards (which supose to have shitty cooling) have vram 1 and vram 2 around 65-75C.

It only happens for me when using modified cgminer >I17. I can still mine regular scrypt using unmodded cgminer @ I20 with no fluctuations at all. The temps are all stable and within reason. . @70-75% fan speeds and 72-80C w/ 70F ambient temp. I did get one freeze yesterday, but I was still overclocking it too high @ 1075/1470. Now I've gone to 1000/1500 and they're happy for the whole night except sometimes I get a worker banned. I'm assuming it's from the ddosing happening at kilovolt but it could just as easily be due to a card starting to fail. What do you measure vram temps with?

It happened to me on normal scrypt mining. I have elpidia and the reference cards are no problem, I was mining VTC in a pool with I20 like 2 weeks ago for 2-3 days and I don't have problems. I think Your card is damaged permanently and sooner or later it will die (I remember Your post about green line etc. few pages back). Temp measured by Gpu-Z..what card (brand, model ref, non-ref You have?)

All my cards are reference asus. 3 are hynix and 2 are elpida.

The vrm temps are looking pretty normal to me right now no massive differences : listed vrm1/2 : 65/74, 63/72, 60/70, 58/67, 63/73 are what I'm seeing. I also ran @ I20 for 2-3 days, but it was one the 4th or 5th that I started seeing the issues. Honestly I can't remember having the problems for the first 2-3 days, when I had noticed the issue I was over 5 days into mining this @ i20. Actually, it looks like the line has cleared up after them comp ran overnight. .but I haven't reset it for 10 hours so it might very well come back.
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:55:01 PM

Hi,

While the extra 10-15 hashes is nice, running I20 on these 290's w/ modified cgminer will literally beat the shit out of your cards. If you are monitoring them, please observe that you probably have constant usage crashes to 0% and if you have the comp on a circuit w/ lights they will be pulsating. You also won't have a responsive desktop. I have a permanent artifact from one of my power surges due to this.

I was using afterburner/asus gputweak to monitor the settings so please confirm for yourself. . .mining vertcoin is not like mining litecoin.

Not sure what you mean with usage crashes, GPU usage stays at 100, so does hashrate and yes, lights do pulsate but I think this is due to the power outages in our country due to heavy ice rain tearing electricity cables. Desktop is responsive.

What are you using to monitor your usage? Also, I was using kill a watt, and it was showing fluctuations from 600w to 950+w. . so they were definitely happening. Does your core clock drop at all? What's the rest of your setup like?

When I had symptoms as Yours (power draw fluctuating in my kill-a-watt) it was somethign wrong and soon later I had to rma 2 of my cards..first freezes came, then I couldn't power up windows with them and in the end green horizontal line on screen, and they had just few days (non-reference Windforce Gigabyte 290s)..I think Gigabyte have fucked up something in their PCB, cause vram 1 was 95-100 C, vram ~75..while all other reference cards (which supose to have shitty cooling) have vram 1 and vram 2 around 65-75C.

It only happens for me when using modified cgminer >I17. I can still mine regular scrypt using unmodded cgminer @ I20 with no fluctuations at all. The temps are all stable and within reason. . @70-75% fan speeds and 72-80C w/ 70F ambient temp. I did get one freeze yesterday, but I was still overclocking it too high @ 1075/1470. Now I've gone to 1000/1500 and they're happy for the whole night except sometimes I get a worker banned. I'm assuming it's from the ddosing happening at kilovolt but it could just as easily be due to a card starting to fail. What do you measure vram temps with?

It happened to me on normal scrypt mining. I have elpidia and the reference cards are no problem, I was mining VTC in a pool with I20 like 2 weeks ago for 2-3 days and I don't have problems. I think Your card is damaged permanently and sooner or later it will die (I remember Your post about green line etc. few pages back). Temp measured by Gpu-Z..what card (brand, model ref, non-ref You have?)

The vrm temps are looking pretty normal to me right now no massive differences : listed vrm1/2 : 65/74, 63/72, 60/70, 58/67, 63/73 are what I'm seeing. I also ran @ I20 for 2-3 days, but it was one the 4th or 5th that I started seeing the issues. Honestly I can't remember having the problems for the first 2-3 days, when I had noticed the issue I was over 5 days into mining this @ i20. Actually, it looks like the line has cleared up after them comp ran overnight. .but I haven't reset it for 10 hours so it might very well come back.

Guys we've got a settings topic for this here
sammart57

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:01:44 PM

well the amount of volume and marketcap this coin has gained in the last 2 days should open up cryptsy's eyes
what are your speculations on what hitting cryptsy will do for vert's value? I could see it doubling, but wondered what everyone else thought.
perl
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:02:39 PM

vercoin.org is down.
You have information of downtime ?

I can not add news pool

CursedProtector

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:10:11 PM

VTC on Cryptsy https://www.cryptsy.com/users/makewithdrawal/110 Soon
As soon as up to cryptsy, exchange rate increase
goin2mars

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:14:23 PM

Hi,

Guys we've got a settings topic for this here

I just put the discussion in that thread now.
Vertcoin (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:14:29 PM

vercoin.org is down.
You have information of downtime ?

I can not add news pool

We are solving the problem. Thank you for notification.

VTC Stealth Address : vJmt8sF4iySr2RnJdZJdqk7CbJMQzwPwQwUsQwKF27qPE7qv9gfhjYqD6VapALi6jv8j6VKUvXYEto6 xmtxoq9oUyBXbV9XsYdt6sA
Please contact us via contact[at]vertcoin.org only, do not PM.
organizer

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:14:50 PM

well the amount of volume and marketcap this coin has gained in the last 2 days should open up cryptsy's eyes
what are your speculations on what hitting cryptsy will do for vert's value? I could see it doubling, but wondered what everyone else thought.

At this point, Cryptsy is going to happen on it's own, i don't really care about that anymore. I liked VTC because it has a great chance to be the foundation coin that succeeds Scrypt for when the ASICs really start taking over. I would think we'll start to see some VTC clones pop up, that will only bolster the value of the original coin.

I have 2 more lots left, one i'll sell when i think it's right to and the other i'll just keep for 6 months to see how it pans out. GL to all.

Radacoin

Activity: 255

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:15:34 PM

All pools inefficient now  Sad

I have left http://vert.bitcrush.info/ because its a total crap pool and switched to heavy industries. But it started to find blocks 3 years after few hours of mining too like other crap pools....

vert.bitcrush.info has by far the highest withdrawal fees. 0.4 VTC for manual payouts!!!
Vertcoin (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

All pools inefficient now  Sad

I have left http://vert.bitcrush.info/ because its a total crap pool and switched to heavy industries. But it started to find blocks 3 years after few hours of mining too like other crap pools....

vert.bitcrush.info has by far the highest withdrawal fees. 0.4 VTC for manual payouts!!!

Please try ny.vertco.in, no fee, tx fee 0.001 vtc

VTC Stealth Address : vJmt8sF4iySr2RnJdZJdqk7CbJMQzwPwQwUsQwKF27qPE7qv9gfhjYqD6VapALi6jv8j6VKUvXYEto6 xmtxoq9oUyBXbV9XsYdt6sA
Please contact us via contact[at]vertcoin.org only, do not PM.
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:21:22 PM

vtcpool.co.uk downtime (now resolved) - post mortem

OK, so the issues on vtcpool.co.uk are absolutely resolved now. I figured I owed you guys an explanation for the outage.

Yesterday, the pool server had to be upgraded, with the huge growth of the VTC site and network, the pool was getting very overloaded - it came out of nowhere, one minute it was OK, the next users and hashrate had doubled in a few hours.

I upgraded to a bigger VPS yesterday, and that lasted, oh about 12 hours - if that. Users and hashrate continued to grow at an unbelievable rate, so I talked to the MPOS developers, found out about scaling really big pools, and elected to move the MySQL server onto a separate, top of the range VPS with 8 cores, keeping stratum and the web frontend (as well as the p2pool node) on the quad-core server that runs the main site.

I prepared a process, tested, and at 12:05 today, took down the site to quiesce the database, move it to the new server, and repoint the frontend at the new backend. I tunneled the connections from the frontend to the backend over an SSH link to protect any confidential user data in the traffic between the two boxes from being sniffed off the wire at the datacentre.

When I brought the server back up, SQL load was unbelievable - load averages of around 80.

I thought at first it was a stratum issue, so stratum went up and down a few times as we tried to increase logging verbosity and find the issue. I could see users connecting, but no more than I would expect, yet the load on the backend stayed insane with nothing in the stratum logs to explain why.

I eventually tracked the issue down - the frontend (the website itself) uses php extensively. PHP5-FPM has a concurrency model that spawns numerous child processes - these are what actually serve the user requests, and to improve performance I had configured a large number of these child processes while the SQL was local to the frontend.

With the SQL now being remote, this number of child processes was causing issues related to opening the sockets through the SSH tunnel. That was what was loading the database to such an extent, and I have now resolved it.

By the way, you all got double paid on one round of the payouts. What I think happened was, during all the confusion with SQL grinding to a halt, a payout cron-job has run, but SQL has been so slow, it didn't get logged as "paid" in the database before the next time the script ran. As a result, that payout was made twice. I have taken it in the ass for about $1150 at todays price - I had to send 315VTC to the pool wallet from my own private funds to ensure users payouts wouldn't fail on the next run:

http://explorer.vertcoin.org/tx/c2fc3f045e90e59da14ce3a6fe13abdcb7e7f9802dd3e2d8ee947e1fa0f74c92

Although I'd like to make it all up to you, and am happy to let it ride, this is a lot of Vertcoin to lose, and I have been working hard to try to maintain a high level of service, including these server upgrades which are costing me around $250 a month on their own, not to mention that this has been a full-time job for me the past few days with the constant need to keep up with network growth.

I chose to ran a pool, and as a result I have to deal with stuff like this, but if any of you are feeling particularly generous, and notice 2 payments very similar in size made to you around 15:30 (GMT/UTC) today which was when the double payout happened (they may also appear at a different time when they actually arrive with you - I'm not sure), I'd be hugely grateful if some of you might tip me a bit back: ViPBVm4sbXT38h9J23GkAWfNKiuPwVUYQX

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience and downtime.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:26:32 PM

OK, so the issues on vtcpool.co.uk are absolutely resolved now. I figured I owed you guys an explanation for the outage.

Why not reduce a number of confirmations?
BBristow79

Activity: 230

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:27:19 PM

47 and raising quick ...

do you recommend one?

Use a P2P pool, best payouts Smiley

I would love to switch back to P2P but I'm still waiting for any sort of payment from my 8 hours there a few days ago. I had 6 280x pointed there for about 1.8 mh /s and a very high acceptance rate on shares. Everything looked good, found a lot of blocks.... no payment. Boris is looking into it for me (although I hope he takes a nap first) so maybe it will work itself out. The coins generated during that time are worth a good chunk of change!
BorisTheSpider

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:29:40 PM

Why not reduce a number of confirmations?

? how would this have helped ?

I'm a little confused, not least because reducing confirmations is _very_ dangerous for pool owners - lots of people have ended up paying out numerous blocks that later go orphan that way, leaving the pool owner no way to get their funds back.

PROFIT

Activity: 184

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:30:34 PM

Mining VTC from vtc.coinsprofit.com

with 0% commission. Only donations.

Pool Hash Rate   29231.000 KH/s
Current Active Workers - 126

http://vtc.coinsprofit.com/

Now. Keep  Shocked maintaining network Vertcoin.

All comrades recommend not to sell VTC.
 Cool
BorisTheSpider

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:32:23 PM

As a result, that payout was made twice. I have taken it in the ass for about $1150 at todays price - I had to send 315VTC to the pool wallet from my own private funds to ensure users payouts wouldn't fail on the next run:

http://explorer.vertcoin.org/tx/c2fc3f045e90e59da14ce3a6fe13abdcb7e7f9802dd3e2d8ee947e1fa0f74c92

Although I'd like to make it all up to you, and am happy to let it ride, this is a lot of Vertcoin to lose, and I have been working hard to try to maintain a high level of service, including these server upgrades which are costing me around $250 a month on their own, not to mention that this has been a full-time job for me the past few days with the constant need to keep up with network growth.

I chose to ran a pool, and as a result I have to deal with stuff like this, but if any of you are feeling particularly generous, and notice 2 payments very similar in size made to you around 15:30 (GMT/UTC) today which was when the double payout happened (they may also appear at a different time when they actually arrive with you - I'm not sure), I'd be hugely grateful if some of you might tip me a bit back: ViPBVm4sbXT38h9J23GkAWfNKiuPwVUYQX

Thankyou to whoever just tipped me 1.5VTC, that is very kind of you.

goin2mars

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:32:56 PM

Yesterday, the pool server had to be upgraded, with the huge growth of the VTC site and network, the pool was getting very overloaded - it came out of nowhere, one minute it was OK, the next users and hashrate had doubled in a few hours.

I upgraded to a bigger VPS yesterday, and that lasted, oh about 12 hours - if that. Users and hashrate continued to grow at an unbelievable rate, so I talked to the MPOS developers, found out about scaling really big pools, and elected to move the MySQL server onto a separate, top of the range VPS with 8 cores, keeping stratum and the web frontend (as well as the p2pool node) on the quad-core server that runs the main site.

I prepared a process, tested, and at 12:05 today, took down the site to quiesce the database, move it to the new server, and repoint the frontend at the new backend. I tunneled the connections from the frontend to the backend over an SSH link to protect any confidential user data in the traffic between the two boxes from being sniffed off the wire at the datacentre.

When I brought the server back up, SQL load was unbelievable - load averages of around 80.

I thought at first it was a stratum issue, so stratum went up and down a few times as we tried to increase logging verbosity and find the issue. I could see users connecting, but no more than I would expect, yet the load on the backend stayed insane with nothing in the stratum logs to explain why.

I eventually tracked the issue down - the frontend (the website itself) uses php extensively. PHP5-FPM has a concurrency model that spawns numerous child processes - these are what actually serve the user requests, and to improve performance I had configured a large number of these child processes while the SQL was local to the frontend.

With the SQL now being remote, this number of child processes was causing issues related to opening the sockets through the SSH tunnel. That was what was loading the database to such an extent, and I have now resolved it.

By the way, you all got double paid on one round of the payouts. What I think happened was, during all the confusion with SQL grinding to a halt, a payout cron-job has run, but SQL has been so slow, it didn't get logged as "paid" in the database before the next time the script ran. As a result, that payout was made twice. I have taken it in the ass for about $1150 at todays price - I had to send 315VTC to the pool wallet from my own private funds to ensure users payouts wouldn't fail on the next run:

I don't even think I was in your pool at that time, but I sent 1.5 vtc your way b/c I use your pool and hope that you keep on the same track you are right now. Thanks for running a great pool.
TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:34:42 PM

HODL boys or DOUBLE UP!

Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: