Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:44:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Reviews, trust them or NOT?  (Read 2253 times)
talenthone.io (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:53:26 AM

Video Reviews, ICO mailers, Listing websites, Telegram Groups, Can you trust them?

Before expressing my opinion about this I would like to mention that the statement made by me is not regarding any particular blogger, vlogger or a listing website. These are all my individual opinions.

Coming back to our topic. I strongly believe that

Most of the ICO reviews made by vloggers on youtube, bloggers on websites, ICO review websites and Telegram channels and groups created by so called “Gurus” have absolutely no value associated with them, are “useless”.

Here is why I think these reviews mislead people more than they help:

They are all paid reviews

The fact that most of the reviewers take money from the company to write about them makes the first point. Why would you write bad about somebody who is paying you to write. That would be best idea to close your shop, isn’t it? :-) lol!. They get money to attract people to make an investment. It’s their job or business model and if they have to be successful they have to deliver well on that.

A good article or a video is the one which brings more people to buy the product

Think about this, A good review article or a youtube video has nothing to do with the success of the product. Usually, Success of the product will come long after you had watched the video and most of the time when you will see the result of your investment you would have forgotten the research you did to figure out if the ICO was good or bad. But, If the video or that content is not entertaining or engaging enough you would not like it which would mean less business to the paying party. To summarise, Reviews are 100% focused towards engagement rather than success of the product.

Have you ever seem a player who represent his country for football as well as Rugby?
Most of the reviewers will speak and write about every industry, product originating from every country, product using every technology and with the token economics as difficult to understand that a qualified economist will struggle. I mean, They say and write those things for which even Warren Buffet would have said “I don’t know” :-) but these guys know everything ( I don’t know why I am thinking about my wife while writing this content :-)).

They should be themselves made billions by now

Can you imagine a person knowing so much about the whole business field that he has a following of 10,000 or 100,000 people and not making billions. I mean, He is like the person who touches anything and that turns out to be gold, Isn’t it?. Don’t get me wrong, They make very good money from the companies who want them to attract traffic for their websites. The point is, A person who is super expert of a segment like “blockchain ICO” (It’s true that many ICOs have given more than 100,000X returns) must have invested his $500 into those 100s of successful ICOs, right? :-). Somehow, That’s not the case and they keep on freelancing or working for very big marketing companies.

So, To whom should you listen? Who can give you the correct information? How can you trust that information?

I will share my thoughts about it shortly. If I am thinking on correct lines or saying something completely incorrect, I would let you to decide.

In the meantime, Please checkout our ICO at www.talenthon.io, We are a very genuine team based out of UK trying to disrupt an industry which is desperately looking for change with a unique vision. Invest if you like the whole business proposition.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VasiloviKola

Activity: 177

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:55:19 AM

I am looking at www.icoguide.com and it seems that they have very realistic reviews.
gostop

Activity: 388
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:57:40 AM

These ICO rating websites do not think they are very objective. They may give you a better rating when you spend some money. So I think the key to investing in ICO is not to refer to the ICO rating website, but to rely on your own experience and judgment.

OuterTech

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:05:16 AM

IMO, do not over-reliance on any ICO review page. There should be an objective comparison between ICO review websites such as ICObench, ICOreview, and ICOrate to find the most accurate results. Each site has its own consequences and should aggregate websites to produce results according to their own wishes.

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:13:40 AM

Isnt this what commercials and adverts do all the time, the intention being to reach consumers, the decision and the choice, whether through experience, gullibility or reviews, is all our own responsibility.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:18:53 AM

Never trust someone elses reviews 100%, you should always do your own research to check the facts before you invest money in a project. Those popular ICO sites mostly highlights those projects that pay them for promotion. Check this recent article about ICObench and their experts, it will open your eyes about this business - https://www.tokenicide.com/opinion/icobench-warmer/

So the point is that you should check opinions from many sources and make your own conclusions.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:32:35 AM

Guys your research is worth the same as those payed rewievs on icoreviews pages. Why?

You need to realise that you will base on whitepaper/team/your expirience/code.

1- whitepaper - do you realise that you can write there anything? literally anything? You can read there that they wil do that and that and that in 1 month 2 month 3 month but is it true? Or maby they copied whitepaper of other currency not even changeing it and not going to do what they write there.

2- team - You dont know those people. Even if they work in google, they coomade firefox or java it dasnt metter. It is possible that those people dont even know that they are in team. Those name was just put on website.

3- your expirience - How many ico did you see from begining to hit market and 1 year after to see wich comes to be scam, moon or consodates much lower then ico price? You are realy that experienced to put money into something that can be in majority scam?

4- code - well i'm not that smart to see if code is ok. I think that 99% of you guys too. Also most of ico are just concept without code.

If ICO pay for rewiev to ICOrewiews pages at least they can affort that Smiley they are putting money to invest money. It makes it a little more safe to invest i guess Smiley Icoreviews page also puts his neck under that rewiev. After few scam reviews for 5 out of 5 point makes it unreliable.
Soccernet344

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:37:43 AM

Do not depend on ico review sites. Do your own due diligence to find out projects you believe in
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:39:08 AM

Do not depend on ico review sites. Do your own due diligence to find out projects you believe in

As you write in this topic i assume you readed whats in it. Tell me then how would you do your own review seeing my post abow. Or you just jump here to write anything to make your activity better?
Jeff-reY

Activity: 54
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:47:04 AM

Indeed, it seems that many ICO reviews are paid reviews.
This is not fair, so I also like to research myself to get as much information as possible about the project.
I use the sites more to discover some new icos, as we always say DYOR.  Grin
danbitcoin1

Activity: 336

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:37:30 AM

Literally 95% of people are just doing it for the cash, even people on here for bounties. The big websites are making serious cash, so normally best not to trust them.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:47:46 AM

I agree with the OP on most of the points, but I will not say that everyone is a shiller.
IMO, investing in any ICO from the paid reviews is actually the worst idea to do so. But again, these are the advertisements and hence paid reviews. Treat them as an add campaign, get the news about it and do your own research. Dont rely on what the so called "Gurus" says , instead spend a little time in reading the whitepaper, do research about the people involved in the project as in TEAM/Advisors/etc.
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:55:30 AM

Everything in the cryptocurrency market right now seems like it is paid for so as long as they are getting their money these people who are doing the reviews will write something good and promote an ICO even if they know it's not a good one. This is where the concept of do your own research comes in. After you're done doing your research, you can decide to compare it to the reviews on the ICO and see if they correspond but mainly, your decision on an ICO should be based on your own research and what you have found out for yourself.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████
████         ██     ██       ████
 ████        ██    ██▀      ████
  ████      ████████▀      ████
   ████▄                 ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:01:44 AM

So, To whom should you listen? Who can give you the correct information? How can you trust that information?

These days it is very hard to believe any reviews on a site or youtube channel because most of them are paid reviews. If you want to see the real reviews then you should visit to the forum where normal people are discussing it there you may get real opinions about the product.

I have stopped wasting my time in researching the good ICO to invest instead buy them when markets are down at same price or slightly higher price or even lower than the ICO price.

If you know any person personally who is an investment adviser and he/she can give you a advice then you can trust that information to some extent otherwise no.
udayantha11

Activity: 756
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 10:01:55 AM

for the last year i have invest based on ICOdrops , its the no1 platform to see a ranked ICO. they are very independent. no paid listing. i invested Wabi , Power ledger , libra, Credits.

those are brilliant ico's and best Return of investment gave to me

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
chickenfacts

Activity: 355

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:09:17 PM

I think we shouldn't trust them at all because most of them are paid for reviewing those ICOs.
Pa1n

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:14:56 PM

Never cant trust %100. But if you research these all topics  you have a result for idea.Than, its individual decision for people.

Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:16:48 PM

Don't trust any sources which you think can help you finding out good ICO project to invest in Smiley. You should know that they don't list ICO project in their system for free Smiley). All ICO project need to pay for these websites or groups to make their ICO project listed with high rate Smiley. Just find out good ICO project by yourself is the best option IMO Smiley

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████